PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

does anyone know if it's possible to turn the opponents name above the players off? when playing online
+1.

I wanted to change it into the player names (so I can see who's running at me without looking at the bottom of the screen), but switching this on for the CPU doesn't affect anything online sadly.

My toplist:
-Keeper reactions for inside box shots, not coming out, related to this - too effective R2 shooting
- stamina depletion should be moderately decreased
-AI not doing enough fouls
-AI teams passing for 10 ingame minutes without error
- AI mostly not enough crosses in obvious situations.

Fully agree on all, except the bolded one.

Fully agree on all, except the bolded one.

I can't remember who it was, but I played with one of the bigger teams and after 1 sprint their forward was down to only 2/3 stamina

I am not a sprint whore, but playing as some teams leaves you with no player from the midfield onward that has more than 1/5 stamina left by 60 minutes. Although you can leave them on and it doesn't affect then like it did in PES2014, the games do seem to become more dull in the second half

I bought PES 15 for my Xbox one and I've got to say im really disappointed.

The Ai passes laser like and at times makes no effort to leave its own half. Commits brutal fouls scything down my players while the referee ignores it and books my player for the slightest foul , free kicks are rare meaning almost penalty free football.
Ai Cant cross wont cross ? Again rare and totally unrealistic,:R1

Graphics on Xbox One "Next Generation" Unbelievably bad yes its like the good old days ok right back to the 1990s Close up of the crowd is shocking almost PS1 Quality.

"Establishing communications " :CURSE:

Im hoping the gameplay will be fixed but don't have much faith in Konami to do that. This is not the great game people are saying it is and if a patch doesn't fix it my copy will be on ebay. Ive had enough of the same old out dated rubbish each year.

is it true there is no way to upload files into the ps4 system.

You cant use usb sticks nor is there a streaming media server.

So its impossible to get a patch/option file for the ps4 pes15? And wont ever be possible in future?

The Ai passes laser like and at times makes no effort to leave its own half. Commits brutal fouls scything down my players while the referee ignores it and books my player for the slightest foul , free kicks are rare meaning almost penalty free football.

Graphics on Xbox One "Next Generation" Unbelievably bad yes its like the good old days ok right back to the 1990s Close up of the crowd is shocking almost PS1 Quality.

Im hoping the gameplay will be fixed but don't have much faith in Konami to do that. This is not the great game people are saying it is and if a patch doesn't fix it my copy will be on ebay. Ive had enough of the same old out dated rubbish each year.

How long have you been playing?

Ah ah. Exactly my thoughts a couple weeks ago... Keep playing, keep playing, keep playing ... until you start to see the good things.

just played Stoke(me) against West Ham(Ai). What a game. After becoming a bit frustrated over most teams tiki-taka football, if was great to see the ai play like an old fashioned english side.
West Ham bombarded me with a kick and rush style combined with a very high and hard pressure. Collins and Reid hit it long and direct from the back, Kouyte fought like a warrior - great battle between him and NZonzi - and Downing and Zarate tried some shrewd short passing around my box. The even made 4 crosses - i scored an own goal with Bardsley from one of the crosses. This game can be fantastic at times.

I can't remember who it was, but I played with one of the bigger teams and after 1 sprint their forward was down to only 2/3 stamina

I am not a sprint whore, but playing as some teams leaves you with no player from the midfield onward that has more than 1/5 stamina left by 60 minutes. Although you can leave them on and it doesn't affect then like it did in PES2014, the games do seem to become more dull in the second half
Not sure if it's just my impression but I'm almost sure they don't make runs when instructed to or follow up after a 1-2 (R2) pass. Other than that they're pretty much unaffected.

is it true there is no way to upload files into the ps4 system.

You cant use usb sticks nor is there a streaming media server.

So its impossible to get a patch/option file for the ps4 pes15? And wont ever be possible in future?

From what I understand it's not possible. I guess it's a Sony issue. They need to allow it.

What's really sad is that more polished games and ones with next gen visuals like GTA, Far Cry, AC Unity etc are on sale for $69 here but PES is $85. Makes it a lot easier to let it sit there for a while on the shelf unfortunately. And it takes a long long time to get discounted :(

Had a pes session tonight and i enjoyed it, i think chelsea are the most balaced side in the game and the tactical side of pes 2015 is superb. But for the life of me i am horribly shit at defending, so far the defending looks like a lottery or something and players just bounce of each other.

Credit to the AI tho, the AI still screws me on regular with its passing and movement. Can anybody help me with defending tips i feel its stats-based this year.

so i just played another freindly on pro lvl

I was shaktar vs cpu Ajax.

I had shot on 5mins and scored.
I had my 2nd shot on 12mins and scored.

This was first time ive played since i complained about the high scoring and easy goals.

Well funnily enough the game ended 2-0...Despite scoring with ease my first 2 shots i only managed one more on target the whole game and got dominated possesion wise 65-35 to ajax who also had 6(3) shots same as me...turned out a great game.

BUT I still feel the only reason for lack of goals was fact i never got many more shots...3 on target 2 goals sums it up....Well done cpu defence for preventing further shots but i did somewhat take my foot of the gas 2-0 up and talking to my mate on the mic throughout.

The issue for me is shots on target are 90% chance of goal.

Whereas in fifa the gks are far superior imo thas one big difference.

Well, I think PES 15/ WE 15 finally started to show its colors. This is coming from someone who praised the game the most, esp demo. The best way to describe PES 15 is like this: Imagine meeting a hot, super hot girl. At the beginning, you will find her interesting, charming, very attractive and you wan't to spend time with her but slowly over time she shows her true colors that make you run away far. There are so many broken things in this game that it's just not worth the money. Yes, it does have a lot of things that are super good, but I cannot stress enough how stupid certain things are. Any tacke, ref hands a yellow card, PATHETIC. CPU rarely makes any fouls, forget about getting a yellow card. I am yet to see a CPU do any crosses. Unrealistic scores. On SuperStar level evey game I play either I lose by 5+ goals or I win by 5+ goals...not once did I have 1-0, 0-0, or smaller score number. Pitch grass looks AWFUL...the texture....its 2014 and we have what 14 stadiums...RIDICULOUS....I have over 100+ stadiums in WE9LE that were done by geezer (known PES 5 and WE9LE editor). Every stadium in WE9LE looks better especially the HD stadiums done by geezer. PS4 is a superior machine and this fox engine is supposed to be a big thing but pitch and the grass texture look horendeous...and lastly I have NO IDEA what happened, I was able to get online matches instantly but now I am lucky if I get a match online...3 japanese servers 0/300 all 3. Like, is this a joke or something ? I don't know but there is more negative than positive in this game. I will continue to play it and just enjoy for what it offers but this game is far far away from PES 5 and WE9LE. I think I will just continue to update WE9LE and live with the fact that Konami are simply not as big and as caring as they once were. I paid nearly $100 usd and I get this ? Ok Konami...
Are you playing on superstar? I am sure too many unrealistic things happen ot that level. I assume you are also playing with assisted controls. If so you might try using Manuel and go down on difficulty...

Well, I think PES 15/ WE 15 finally started to show its colors. This is coming from someone who praised the game the most, esp demo. The best way to describe PES 15 is like this: Imagine meeting a hot, super hot girl. At the beginning, you will find her interesting, charming, very attractive and you wan't to spend time with her but slowly over time she shows her true colors that make you run away far. There are so many broken things in this game that it's just not worth the money. Yes, it does have a lot of things that are super good, but I cannot stress enough how stupid certain things are. Any tacke, ref hands a yellow card, PATHETIC. CPU rarely makes any fouls, forget about getting a yellow card. I am yet to see a CPU do any crosses. Unrealistic scores. On SuperStar level evey game I play either I lose by 5+ goals or I win by 5+ goals...not once did I have 1-0, 0-0, or smaller score number. Pitch grass looks AWFUL...the texture....its 2014 and we have what 14 stadiums...RIDICULOUS....I have over 100+ stadiums in WE9LE that were done by geezer (known PES 5 and WE9LE editor). Every stadium in WE9LE looks better especially the HD stadiums done by geezer. PS4 is a superior machine and this fox engine is supposed to be a big thing but pitch and the grass texture look horendeous...and lastly I have NO IDEA what happened, I was able to get online matches instantly but now I am lucky if I get a match online...3 japanese servers 0/300 all 3. Like, is this a joke or something ? I don't know but there is more negative than positive in this game. I will continue to play it and just enjoy for what it offers but this game is far far away from PES 5 and WE9LE. I think I will just continue to update WE9LE and live with the fact that Konami are simply not as big and as caring as they once were. I paid nearly $100 usd and I get this ? Ok Konami...

And remember when I told you that you should play the full game before you labelled PES 2015 the greatest PES ever? I don't care one way or another if you really like or really hate the game or somewhere in between, but I do think you made some wild statements off the back of just a demo. Maybe you're actually Suuuupertalk...he was a PES bipolar lol

The issue for me is shots on target are 90% chance of goal.

Whereas in fifa the gks are far superior imo thas one big difference.

I think the effectiveness of shooting is toned down as well on FIFA this year. Not sure if it fully considers where the ball is vs your body shape or if it's partly random...either way - it does feel more unpredictable than it has been before.

In the past (with PES) I've had the impression that shooting power and trajectories were toned down because the keepers weren't good enough so they had to keep some balance. Whilst you want to see the keepers making good saves, I think it's just as good to see shots that just miss...or miss by a lot, but have some proper logic behind it so you know why the shot missed.

Hopefully Konami can build on the game from this base but it does still appear quite "simple/plain" in terms of certain outcomes. And I still worry when watching these goal videos you guys have put up because the animations....arhh don't get me started!

Konami should realise players don't kick the ball off their ankles and they don't aim to the side if they want to kick the ball straight. :R1

The game I play 75% of the time is PES/WE. I please a PS3. I'm not so much into option files as I'm happy to edit myself and I don't care much about logos. I want to know if the PES/WE runs so much better on PS4 when compared to PS3? If anyone's played the game on both PS3 and PS4 can confirm that the difference in PES/WE experience is worth going for PS4, I'd look to buy it. Any comments, remarks or help in this regard is highly appreciated. Thanks.

Most of complaints about PES 2015 could have been resolved if Konami had taken time to assign the right tactical set up to each team in gameplan. I strongly suggest you try out against all these tactical set ups (a) short pass - possession (b) short pass - counter attack (c) long pass - possession (d) long pass - counterattack. Also remember, for most teams the default tactic is short pass - possession which is quite easy AI tactic to deal with as a human player, if the opponent team is not technically very strong.

Sometime later, I'd post a more detailed review of my tactical game plan findings and suggestions.

does anyone know why konami insists on throwing a bunch of random letters to make up a fake player/agent/manager name in myclub mode for example. real sounding names are...unrealistic?

I bought my PS4 a few weeks ago and got COD AW for free. I havent opened it due to PES. Last night I put on COD as was blown away by what I saw on the screen. PES looks so dated. Just my opinion but it really does look like a last gen game.

Any ways, still enjoying despite the flaws that keep cropping up. 3 Master League games with Soton versus Chelsea, Everton and Leicester and still not one cross to defend.

maybe you are just playing against CPU too much

I´m finally on my Master League with Nîmes and I´m having a fair amount of crosses. But it looks like the CPU only crosses high balls when is loosing and really needs a goal. Also, the most effective tactic they use is the annoying low cross.

Yesterday I was playing and I do know I´m only at the start and my team is one of the weakest, but man it was frustrating. I lost 3 matches because my GK decided to come out and give away 3 chip shots on goal. Come on, on 3 consecutive matches and two of them I started winning, then a low cross and goal, then a lob shot from outside the box, when I didn´t even called the GK. Gk is unexperient but 3 times in 3 consecutive matches is far too much to let it go. CPU was so far from goal but GK decided to rush out like crazy...

Seen some pretty good stuff too. Once my GK actually cleared the ball wich falls loose deep in the midfield, but CPU immediatly shot a very long one, trying to surprise my GK out of position. He didn´t score but almost caught me by surprise!

I really have to get better at defensive tactics and also defending with my players, cause I really damn suck at it! It looks almost impossible to stop the mix of dribble and passing in the final third! I´m giving away too many one on ones wih the keeper. I have a defensive formation but I´m still getting caught in counters. Game is great, but often I felt I couldn´t do nothing against CPU, wich got a bit frustrating.

Last edited:

Time to change your Sig

The game I play 75% of the time is PES/WE. I please a PS3. I'm not so much into option files as I'm happy to edit myself and I don't care much about logos. I want to know if the PES/WE runs so much better on PS4 when compared to PS3? If anyone's played the game on both PS3 and PS4 can confirm that the difference in PES/WE experience is worth going for PS4, I'd look to buy it. Any comments, remarks or help in this regard is highly appreciated. Thanks.

If you already own the game for PS3, not sure if you should invest in PS4 version. I don´t think there´s a huge diference worth the money.

Back
Top Bottom