PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

More news on this later.

We now go live to our sports correspondent Jamezinho who is at konami headquaters. I hear the pes community is starting a revolution and destroying the konami HQ. We also hear news coming from there that the building has been evacuated. What is really going on there Jamez?

So what's the best platform for this game out of ps4 and xbox1? Is their much difference?

I would go for ps4. Its like they put their effort on that one. Feels smoother and looks more polished. But then we dont kno about the final copy. Bare in mind ps4 was used for the game shows so that might be why ps4 demo looks sharper as they worked on it for their game shows I.e. gamescom.

A lot of talk about ball physics but not much understanding.

For a football game to be fundamentally sound at development standpoint. The game needs to revolve around the BALL. The ball needs to drive animations and player logic. Proper PHYSICS are essential for this to be even possible.

It's what EA did back in 2007 with the release of barebones FIFA 07. Ball physics drives everything else in their engine. Although EA's not focused on making a pure simulation football game, if they wanted to they can, simply because their game engine is fundamentally sound.

I don't know...... but it almost seems to me that KONAMI does it backwards. Its clear to me that the BALL is not the focal point in PES, animations never seem to match the movement of the ball..They speak of real time animations...doesn't look like that to me or it probably wasn't done very well.

The fact of the matter is KONAMI doesn't need unnecessary TECH enhancements, just a modern BALL PHYSICS ENGINE design..tho i usually get the feeling this is not as easy for them to achieve. NOT GOOD GUYS!

Bottom line, Konami definitely needs help with PES imo. A franchise can only fail so long and going back to basic is NOT the answer.

We now go live to our sports correspondent Jamezinho who is at konami headquaters. I hear the pes community is starting a revolution and destroying the konami HQ. We also hear news coming from there that the building has been evacuated. What is really going on there Jamez?
I'm under NDA until November.

Been reorganizing my hard drives and stumbled across this:

100605034831595863.jpg

I've looked through many more i took for all the kits i did, PES 2010 is still the best looking football game, period! Better than FIFA 15 and PES 2015 next gen.

the all 3D models and dynamic lighting still isn't doing a better job than the old style Konami did. Of course FIFA and PES have higher quality models, but the output is more cartoony compared to PES 2010.

Shame they scaled it down for the following 3 versions which didn't look nearly as good.

Been reorganizing my hard drives and stumbled across this:

100605034831595863.jpg

I've looked through many more i took for all the kits i did, PES 2010 is still the best looking football game, period! Better than FIFA 15 and PES 2015 next gen.

the all 3D models and dynamic lighting still isn't doing a better job than the old style Konami did. Of course FIFA and PES have higher quality models, but the output is more cartoony compared to PES 2010.

Shame they scaled it down for the following 3 versions which didn't look nearly as good.
Yeah pes2010 was gorgeous

ML was pretty good on it too. That's when I got too attached to Sunderland.

What i liked most about ML was the amount of CPU transfers going on. made the mode interesting and alive, i hate it when the CPU does little to no transfers and has practically the same team year after year.

Yeah seeing Raul at Barca was a little disorientating but i'm not one who wants to play the same lineups all the time, i like variety.

PES 2010 had the best looking grass, even a 2d, of any pes. A lot of variety and much more lively colour.

But hey its konami: two steps forward, one step back.

Yeah shooting needs to be fixedz, but Konami seems to think it's fine the way it is

I'm sure they see it as a gameplay balance issue. Seems like at some point it was decided that the match length standard/default for FIFA/PES would be around 12-15 minutes, so the gameplay is more or less built around that.

PES is built more on passing and team build up (FIFA is all about individual dribbling), so they've compensated with the laser like shooting.

Last edited:
It's funny how human beings take things forgranted. PES 2010 was easily the worst PES ever made but now we appreciate certain aspects of that game. While animations were nice in that game, grass looked good, and some other stuff here and there that game simply was the biggest Konami failure.

Did you play 09 and 08? PES 2010 and 2011 were the best PES series of the last gen. Goes to show how different opinions can be which leads to healthy debates, sometimes. :D

You got me there. I actually skipped 2010 I think. My bad. What was the first PES on PS3 that sucked so bad I had to sell my PS3. I played PES 14 and found it somewhat good but I lost that "one more feeling" in PES 14. After the first PES on PS3 which was just a horror I took a break from football games...maybe had few WE9LE online matches here and there...also had skme fun with SWOS online....wait I lied PES 2013 was actually a decent PES. Had lots of fun online. But PES 15 is obviously better than all of them at least for my taste. I can see myself playing it and not get bored.

I always thought PES 13 was the best on last gen ? no ?

Yeah some say that 13 was the best. For me it was 2011. 2008 was the first one to come out on the last gen. It was dubbed as the greatest football simulation ever before release.

Back
Top Bottom