PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

It is, but not in the way that FIFA are representing the sport. Football is not as easy as they make it look in their game.

It's not just fifa - both games are guilty of this, often making the difficult too easy. Whether it be related to AI or gameplay mechanics, this is at the heart of why so many of us find ourselves unimpressed with the relative state of football video games.

Never mind goalkeepers.
What about scripting, stupid AI that does not recognize the ball, inept player switching and invisible walls,
I did not buy 14 as it was a bag of shite. And I will not be buying 15 unless the above have been fixed.

This year konami have no excuses to deliver anything other than a brilliant game .
It's put up or shut up time!!!!!

Adam had absolutely no say in making the game whatsover, It just took Konami this long to make a game like PES 2015. So don't the defend Adam with those argument. A prick is a prick. I agree with those who say that you can not treat your customers that way. period.

In the interview he talks about having better goalkeepers. I am starting to think this guy has schizophrenia. What game has he been playing? FIFA?

Adam is just a face, nothing more, all credits go to the team in Japan. UK studio is good for data and talking rubbish all the time.

I really like some of this. The skills look great. But the goal at 16.30 really worries me. Look at the keeper. Looks awful.

It's not just the keeper; those kinds of shots are unrealistic. Running at full speed and able to chip it like that? I'm really pessimistic about the shooting from what I've seen in general but it's the only thing about the game that really concerns me. Years ago Fifa introduced contextualised shooting and while it's been a bit under-utilised it's something that PES needs to introduce as well because from what I've seen slowing down to take a shot doesn't appear necessary at all and that's too something that appears to destroy the thrill that goes along with intelligent build-up play. I just don't get how you can chip a ball that high running at that kind of speed.

Last edited:
Yes it was, and it was very good, i used it most than the semi broken L1, when in trouble in defense.

Then they changed it again in 2014 putting L1 and analog :(
Yeah, it was very responsive in 2013. In 2014 it has a lot of input delay for the switching.

Adam and Konami are in absolutely no position to throw insults considering the absolute garbage they have served up the past how many years?

The videos for PES so far have been all ping pong passing and lobbed through balls.

I don't agree.

It seemed to me that lobbeb througball in all videos I watched, while they can potentiay create a dangerous attack, they are nowhere as lethal and effective as in Fifa, far from it.

And as for Ping pong passing, I do see that is relatively easy to link passes together but I also saw some good anticipation/interceptation from the defence wich is a sign of a good defending position and an active AI. Passing in the PES 2015 vídeos are definetly not as fast as in Fifa 10 for example (wich was diabólicas) and also not as easy to creste chances due to the (much) better AI.

What it needs to be toned down even on the highest assistence level is the backheel/tricky passes, they all seem to be as accurate and fast as any normal pass.

That's what worries me - game mods and online. It is 2014. and we still don't have stable and good online play.

The gameplay can be amazing but if they ruin online again I can see many people settling for FUT.

Btw, hi guys :BYE:

i am more concerned with commentary, master league, become a legend and the game's presentation this is 2014

It is tragic, but I am 99% sure commentary will be the same with 2-3 new lines :LMAO:

I would trade that for stable online and good, deep offline ML

Also, stuff like this worries me:

bvrgxDL.jpg

Big holes, bad tactical awareness.

Understand it is a demo and I hope they fix it. I am really hyped for this game and I want to finally enjoy great PES.

Last edited:
Couldn´t that be intended? For a demo I mean.

Just imagining a demo with such a strong AI that barely lets you score.
All those kids out there wouldn´t like that probably.

I remember the PS2 era games being exactly that. I'd start the match and think "this is EXACTLY the same as last year!?"
But then spent the first few hours losing every game and struggling to even get a shot on target. Then eventually something would click and I'd fall in love.

It is tragic, but I am 99% sure commentary will be the same with 2-3 new lines :LMAO:

bvrgxDL.jpg

Understand it is a demo and I hope they fix it. I am really hyped for this game and I want to finally enjoy great PES.

My biggest gripe with the videos I have seen as well. That space right there is my favourite part of the pitch. In fifa NG the pitch was to small and it killed it for me. From the videos I have seen it looks like a big gaping hole that is just passed over.

I need to play this!

Last edited:
That's what worries me - game mods and online. It is 2014. and we still don't have stable and good online play.

The gameplay can be amazing but if they ruin online again I can see many people settling for FUT.

Btw, hi guys :BYE:

you're absolutely right. if there is online lag screw pes. if its fluid, pes is my friend

Couldn´t that be intended? For a demo I mean.

Just imagining a demo with such a strong AI that barely lets you score.
All those kids out there wouldn´t like that probably.

Also, who knows what difficulty was set on these vids?

No way. Actually PES 2014 demo got great feedback about that. It was really hard to score and the pressure from the AI was really high all the time so it was hard to keep possession of the ball. This proves Konami usually don't change that sort of stuff for Demo purposes.

bvrgxDL.jpg

True. It also worries me.

BTW has anyone seen any feint-shot? The traditional Square+X trick. I have not. It's strange... it used to be so usseful back in the golden times.

Back
Top Bottom