PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS3/X360)

I know your pain, pes 2013 is better gameplaywise than 2015, then again pes 2013 is the best football game in terms of gameplay period.

I just enjoy what 2015 and its a really good game. Thing is 2013 is a game before its time my friend, when you look deep into how much is needed to create a game like that you will see to create that using the new engine is going to take a while.

The thing i like in 2015 is its a passing based game where the ai usually keeps lots of possession, 2013 is movement based, but still 2013 is substantially better.

Yeah, the football you can play with full manual on pes 2013.. something a fifa fan will never experience. I don't know yet how far off Pes 2015 is in that regard, but just hope it wont take too long time to reach similar heights. Pes 14 really was a transition, Pes 15 is a first glimpse on what future holds.

Yeahh, like i said, just embrace what it does well to enjoy.

:BRMM:

I thought they were only 12 stadiums until I started altering condition of pitch in exhibition match now I have 17 to choose from :CONF:

I have PES 2015 in Xbox 360, but why when in-game, it becomes Winning Eleven 2015 instead ? Even in Storage section, the game is listed correctly as Pro Evolution Soccer 2015..
Do anybody have this issue as well or is it normal ?

Just started a League 20 minute match. Jesus the simmed matches one match 8-6. Will have to reduce times for a bit of realism.

Tried to play online friendly yesterday (Xbox 360). Each and every game, we got kicked out before halftime ! Maybe after 3 minutes...we tried maybe 5 games before giving up. I can't believe what a letdown online is this year, it's even worst than last year !!

Having a good time in the French second division, playing horrible, desperate football. At the start of the season I had a look at the youth team and realised that most of these kids were better than the players I had in my first team squad, so I brought in the kids and sold off a load of the first team. Thought that was quite funny, then remembered it's precisely what teams at that level do in real life.

That bug with the scores in the other teams' games, though - Jesus! Everything's 10-1, 9-6, 8-4, 11-5... while my games are like 2-0 or whatever, even on 25 minutes. After five games, the table already looks ridiculous. Does anyone know if Konami have been made aware of this? Should be fairly simple to fix in the next patch.

I haven't got the game yet, can anyone tell me what online is like? Is it glitchy? Are there 0 assist rooms and can you play 2v2 in rooms? Thanks.

In Team Play Lobby You can make 11 vs 11 or 11 vs CPU roms and yeah , you can play there 2 vs 2 or 2 vs CPU too , but lag in this mode is .. big as hell. The " Team Play Lobby " servers are in Irland , for EU , and it's to far for me and is unplayble .

At last I am starting to enjoy this game. I spent some time doing the training games and have got used to it.

I started a dummy run in Master League on 1 Bar passing on Professional as Cardiff and its playing really well. I will start a proper ML once they sort out the CPU score bug on longer matches. 10 min games are fine but I want to play 15 min games and the CPU scores are unrealistic as mentioned earlier.

I'm still not happy with the lack of fouls but I will just have to look past that and enjoy the football. At last a good footy game on PS3 :)

Just unboxed my PS4.

I've read a bit about game sharing on PS4, I think I understand the basics (primary/secondary account settings etc). But I have a question about sharing PES15 with a friend, hoping some of you may know the answer to.

Can me and my friend use the same PSN store digital purchase to play together? I was thinking if I buy from PSN store, we can share the game and play together, by purchasing an extra online pass for him.

I was browsing on PSN store and realized PES15 no longer requires an online pass code for each user.

So, is it possible at all? Will I be able to share the digital purchase with him and play against each other online?

Any suggestions will be much appreciated!

At last I am starting to enjoy this game. I spent some time doing the training games and have got used to it.

I started a dummy run in Master League on 1 Bar passing on Professional as Cardiff and its playing really well. I will start a proper ML once they sort out the CPU score bug on longer matches. 10 min games are fine but I want to play 15 min games and the CPU scores are unrealistic as mentioned earlier.

I'm still not happy with the lack of fouls but I will just have to look past that and enjoy the football. At last a good footy game on PS3 :)

Heh after beginning to enjoy the game yesterday. I ranked up the level to Top Player and played a couple more games in my ML. I was winning against Blackburn in the first half and then they just started passing across the back four for about 15 'game' minutes. Then they did it again in the 2nd half at 1-0 down for about 10 'game' minutes. I could have kept them at it longer if I hadn't lost concentration in my pressing with my midfielders. It was only when I scored a second that they started attacking more and then they scored.

Couple of games now where the AI has crossed the ball a few times. Good stuff.

I also noticed that in the couple of games I played the only crosses that the CPU put in were from corners. Most of the time when they get to the edge of the penalty area, they would try to walk it into the box rather than cross it. Maybe it's the way I play. :THINK:

Sorry if it seems like i'm fault finding, I'm trying to like it. :CONFUSE:

Last edited:
I think Master League is absolutely the way to go in this game. I'm having a blast trying to get Cardiff into the prem. Top player, zero pass asst.

Yep, this year´s master league with such a gameplay is great.

I do see some fouls, but we need more. Some games I miss the CPU crosses too, but I´ve had other matches were CPU crossed at least 3 times. I think it depends in the situation, but it sure needs a better balance. There are flaws, but overall this game feels awesome and in the end it doesn´t have big game breakers.
I was mainly playing friendlies but then I got to Master League, with Nîmes. After 14 matches I´m totally adicted and I always want one more match, just to see how what´s going to happen next. Every singe match is so diferent and alwas with unexpected outcomes! I was playing against Vallencienes, wich were in 4th place, way above me, but I knew I had a chance to win. Their team was not that good.
Started really patient, always waiting for support on attacks, and eventually scored the first. CPU started to play harder and with the help of my poor GK´s postioning and decisions, they scored a lobbed ball... Couple minutes later, penalty against me = 2-1.

I ended loosing the match 4-1, when I was actually controlling things a bit, and creating good attacks, but CPU counters were more effective.

Free kicks- don't know if its problem only had four free kicks outside the box in twenty games. Scored three from four. The opposition wall seems too easy to shoot past. Free kick taker had a low set piece score.

Playing on Superstar sometimes it seems easy then other times you get battered.

Yep, this year´s master league with such a gameplay is great.

I do see some fouls, but we need more. Some games I miss the CPU crosses too, but I´ve had other matches were CPU crossed at least 3 times. I think it depends in the situation, but it sure needs a better balance. There are flaws, but overall this game feels awesome and in the end it doesn´t have big game breakers.
I was mainly playing friendlies but then I got to Master League, with Nîmes. After 14 matches I´m totally adicted and I always want one more match, just to see how what´s going to happen next. Every singe match is so diferent and alwas with unexpected outcomes! I was playing against Vallencienes, wich were in 4th place, way above me, but I knew I had a chance to win. Their team was not that good.
Started really patient, always waiting for support on attacks, and eventually scored the first. CPU started to play harder and with the help of my poor GK´s postioning and decisions, they scored a lobbed ball... Couple minutes later, penalty against me = 2-1.

I ended loosing the match 4-1, when I was actually controlling things a bit, and creating good attacks, but CPU counters were more effective.

I'm pleased you are enjoying it! Are you preferring it to FIFA now? Are you on PS4 or 3?

Finally got round to buying the game yesterday. It's OK - very, very similar to PES 2014 if you scratch the surface (with a lot of the same old irritations) but yeah, it's definitely a bit better overall. Sucks to lose the entrance scene - why??? I can live with that, though.

But what the hell is wrong is Konami, STILL, when it comes to referees? I played 5 25-minute games, and in all 5 of those put together the computer committed TWO fouls. Sure, it's less annoying than in PES2014 where the cpu would constantly clobber you, take your legs away from underneath you, and the ref wouldn't give a shit, but to avoid that they've changed it so that every single computer player tackles like Franco Baresi - perfect timing, every time.

If they hadn't changed it at all, I'd just assume they didn't think there was a problem. But this suggests that they did see there was a problem... and rather than allowing the computer to commit 5 / 6 fouls in a 25 minute game, the same as a human player would (that's not very many, but OK, I can see that some people would find more than that annoying), they've just buffed the computer tackling to the point where it's ridiculous. 125 real-time minutes of gameplay... two fouls!

Then I played my sixth game: I was Partizan Belgrade, playing against Liverpool. Within 18 minutes Liverpool were down to nine men after two bizarre lunging fouls on players going nowhere, with the score at 0-0, earning them two straight red cards before the game had even got going. Those were the only two fouls they'd committed, too. Then for the remaining 72 minutes, they didn't commit any more. Not a single one.

How hard is this to fix, for God's sake? It must be a design choice. WHY??? Don't tell me "oh, Konami think kids will get bored if the game keeps stopping all the time", because your own tackles give away fouls all the time. And how is it less boring than almost never getting a free kick in a dangerous area, and never, ever getting a penalty, while the opposition get these things all the time? Surely that's going to irritate people a whole lot more?

I stopped reading after the PES 14 comparison. Its not possible to disagree with the majority that more than I already do.

I'm guessing we will have more fouls after the first patch. Last year, they released a 60% finished product in september; this year they released a 90% finished product in november, but the patches will be coming :)

I stopped reading after the PES 14 comparison. Its not possible to disagree with the majority that more than I already do.

Yeah, well I posted that the day after I got the game. Shortly afterwards it began to reveal itself to me... Didn't you stop playing PES 2014 quite early on? The later Konami-patched versions felt a lot like a shit version of PES 2015, they really did. Quite similar, just without almost all of the good stuff. They were definitely moving in this direction in terms of player weight, pacing etc., I thought - it just didn't work too well pasted on top of the old game.

You didn't miss much by not reading the rest of that post, anyway - it was all about the referees, whose shitness is one thing that definitely has been carried over from PES2014, and which is still incredibly irritating. That and the terrible stadium situation are what are pissing me off the most - especially the fact that you can't assign the South American stadiums to European teams so every match in a Euro league, CL or Europa League has to take place in one of about 7 mega-stadia which all look exactly the same, because the ones that look a bit different are all South American. The Santos ground would work well for the small French / Italian teams, the Bombanera would be a good stand-in for most Spanish sides, etc etc. But no - everyone has to play in a modern 60,000-seat arena, even teams from the French second division whose real ground looks like a school playing field.

Anyway, the fact that these are the things that are pissing me off the most tells you all you need to know about how much I'm enjoying the actual gameplay. I don't feel that it's aaaaall that super-sophisticated, as you do, but it does get a hell of a lot of basic things right, things which recent PES games have got wrong, which obviously makes it pretty satisfying, even the really really bad boring matches... ESPECIALLY the really really bad boring matches. The fact that you can have a match like that - I mean realistically boring - is always a good sign with any computer football game. If you don't have the freedom to do that, it follows that you won't have the freedom to do anything really good.

Last edited:
I'm guessing we will have more fouls after the first patch. Last year, they released a 60% finished product in september; this year they released a 90% finished product in november, but the patches will be coming :)

I hope so. The lack of fouls and crosses and the CPU passing sideways in their own half for around 15 mins is killing it for me. This would be fantastic if it wasn't for those 3 things.

Using my time on FM2015 until they patch it.

Back
Top Bottom