PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS3/X360)

Menu is smooth and fast on xbox360, like it, but what's up with the graphics? The pitch looks eyehurting bad, so pale and lifeless. Way worse than in PES 2014.

I have the feeling Konami made it deliberately looking so awful as to better make the case for the next-gen-graphics.

Its do or die, all this way on superstar with a 1-0 aggregate loss to make up for in the 2nd leg... I'm nervous! Haha

Come on Velez!

586538681bfeb4b8ae4ef93ca11f41d0.jpg

Can someone tell me does pes15 have a mode like fifa clubs

11v11 online with league system or something similar?

No, just 11 vs 11 friendly lobby and your team can be anyone who pick your side in beggining . I mean that you can not make a teams and to be 100 % sure that you play with right people.

No, just 11 vs 11 friendly lobby and your team can be anyone who pick your side in beggining . I mean that you can not make a teams and to be 100 % sure that you play with right people.

so u mean if 3 freinds go on together we cant play with ONLY US. We have to play with other random people.

we cant have 3 of us and 10 bots like in fifa?

so anyway seems there is no mode like fifa clubs at all thats annoying

Yesterday I played offline with three mates. As 2 of them don't own a console anymore we agreed to play all on 4 bars pass assistance.
Normally I would have not played like this - i was used to play with two bars. But I have to say with 4 bars - it was nearly as in good old PS2 days.
It was really fun.
this game has so much potential. I like it very much and more and more each day :)

so u mean if 3 freinds go on together we cant play with ONLY US. We have to play with other random people.

we cant have 3 of us and 10 bots like in fifa?

so anyway seems there is no mode like fifa clubs at all thats annoying

No no , You can ;) you will make a room , but when match start the match you must chose fast same side as your friends . Or chat in the room chat or premach chat that who and who will play . But yeah , you can play 3 vs CPU too . It's not like a fifa, to make own club and playing vs other players . Its is somethig like PES 6 , just picking a side and playing a friendly matches , without ratings , competitions or somethig like that .

I am loving the PS4 version. Lack of option file is getting to me though. is the PS3 version far off or is it worthwhile getting? P.S I do enjoy the PC version besides the bad port(response time) issues.

i had ps3 up till last week and the difference between pes 2015 ps3 version and ps4 is vast, i wouldnt have bothered buying this on ps3 it was pants graphics shite button delay blah blah only thing going for ps3 version is option files... im sorry to say

I also wondered about the difference between PS3 and PS4 versions. I have the PS3 version and like it a lot but I have yet to experience the PS4 version. Was contemplating getting a PS4 for Xmas along with PES.

Is the game that much better to justify doing this?

i had ps3 up till last week and the difference between pes 2015 ps3 version and ps4 is vast, i wouldnt have bothered buying this on ps3 it was pants graphics shite button delay blah blah only thing going for ps3 version is option files... im sorry to say

No surprise the graphics are not that shiny like on ps4, but where does the ps3 version has some kind of button delay?
I have experienced nothing in this direction.
There are some other points, like missing cutscenes, that are a big difference, but everyone must decide for himself if this is a gamebreaker.
I give a shit of better graphics and cutscenes, but be able to use a proper OF ;)

Yeah I don't know what this whole button delay is about. I have experienced no such thing. Maybe because I haven't tried the PS4 version for comparison.

i have played every version of pes on ps2/ps3 and have been a member of a couple of online pes gaming communities jus so u know im not just talking shite, pes2014 was renowned for button input delay offline as well as online even with 2 good connections,now before i brought a ps4 i played 2015 demo on ps3 for a month and although there was some improvement in terms of input delay it was still there esp when shooting or passing,is it crisper on ps4 yes is the answer, is it worth buying a ps4 just to play pes no, but i have read alot of comments that say there is no difference apart from visually that my friends is bullshit....

Just managed to score from a free kick just outside box took a bit of a deflection.
Fouls do happen and outside area too, just not as often as CPU get free kicks.
Only on 7th game o far.

Sorry, but in my pes 2015 on PS3 there is no such thing like button delay. Even online i did not experienced a delay (but nevertheless online feels a little Bit different compared to offline).
I play since iss pro on ps1 ;)

I'm having a strange issue on the PS3, and one that seems to have haunted the series on this console. The gameplay is very temperamental when playing a league season, or any sort of campaign really that requires you to save your progress.

I began a league season with Everton yesterday, and must have played about six hours in a row which was the best PES session I have had in years.The time flew by; everything was flowing nicely, and I was riding high in the CL places. Then I turn it on today and load up the save game. Something, or rather, several things were off. The animations were jarring, the players were not responding adequately to my controller input, the CPU was highly annoying to play against, and I wanted to basically throw the controller through the screen. I subsequently quit the league, and played an exhibition between Real Madrid and Manchester United. The game was a joy, the animations and responsiveness were back to normal and the match itself ebbed and flowed, you could feel the 'personality' of the game.

Now, I'm not sure why this is the case, but it has been this way for the last number of years. Konami cannot code properly to achieve a consistent experience. I'm all for the 'no match is the same' vision, but the gameplay mechanics should not suffer to achieve that. Perhaps it is the fault of the System Data file, who knows. Don't suppose anyone else feels the same way?

Finally got round to buying the game yesterday. It's OK - very, very similar to PES 2014 if you scratch the surface (with a lot of the same old irritations) but yeah, it's definitely a bit better overall. Sucks to lose the entrance scene - why??? I can live with that, though.

But what the hell is wrong is Konami, STILL, when it comes to referees? I played 5 25-minute games, and in all 5 of those put together the computer committed TWO fouls. Sure, it's less annoying than in PES2014 where the cpu would constantly clobber you, take your legs away from underneath you, and the ref wouldn't give a shit, but to avoid that they've changed it so that every single computer player tackles like Franco Baresi - perfect timing, every time.

If they hadn't changed it at all, I'd just assume they didn't think there was a problem. But this suggests that they did see there was a problem... and rather than allowing the computer to commit 5 / 6 fouls in a 25 minute game, the same as a human player would (that's not very many, but OK, I can see that some people would find more than that annoying), they've just buffed the computer tackling to the point where it's ridiculous. 125 real-time minutes of gameplay... two fouls!

Then I played my sixth game: I was Partizan Belgrade, playing against Liverpool. Within 18 minutes Liverpool were down to nine men after two bizarre lunging fouls on players going nowhere, with the score at 0-0, earning them two straight red cards before the game had even got going. Those were the only two fouls they'd committed, too. Then for the remaining 72 minutes, they didn't commit any more. Not a single one.

How hard is this to fix, for God's sake? It must be a design choice. WHY??? Don't tell me "oh, Konami think kids will get bored if the game keeps stopping all the time", because your own tackles give away fouls all the time. And how is it less boring than almost never getting a free kick in a dangerous area, and never, ever getting a penalty, while the opposition get these things all the time? Surely that's going to irritate people a whole lot more?

Last edited:
I got this on both ps3 & ps4... You just can't beat the option file and adding crowd chants, custom music etc.

Do you find a huge difference in gameplay/overall experience with the PS4 version? I would get that one, but know that I wouldn't be able to cope without real kits etc.

The ps4 version is all round more responsive, especially in the menu systems.. But gameplay wise it feels the same to me?

All this button delay etc I don't notice it feels the same as pes 6. They pass it first time quickly if I tap the button for 1-2's etc as I would expect..

The ps3 version does look horrible texture and jaggy wise though, especially if your running a big TV etc.

Can't beat having anti Tottenham chants and football Italia intro music + all the kits and emblems imo.. Big big shame its not available for ps4 :(

Sorry, but in my pes 2015 on PS3 there is no such thing like button delay. Even online i did not experienced a delay (but nevertheless online feels a little Bit different compared to offline).
I play since iss pro on ps1 ;)

oh shit i left ps1 off my list but seeing as i was born in 76 you can take it from me i played since iss days :FISH:

if there is no such thing as button delay in pes!!!! 2014 was unresponsive hence ppl walked in large numbers and im talking die hard pes fans, 2015 has improved slightly in responsiveness on ps3 still not good enuff. as long as you enjoy it is main thing fucked if i could stomach the ps3 version... luckily i dont have too ;)

Finally got round to buying the game yesterday. It's OK - very, very similar to PES 2014 if you scratch the surface (with a lot of the same old irritations) but yeah, it's definitely a bit better overall. Sucks to lose the entrance scene - why??? I can live with that, though.

But what the hell is wrong is Konami, STILL, when it comes to referees? I played 5 25-minute games, and in all 5 of those put together the computer committed TWO fouls. Sure, it's less annoying than in PES2014 where the cpu would constantly clobber you, take your legs away from underneath you, and the ref wouldn't give a shit, but to avoid that they've changed it so that every single computer player tackles like Franco Baresi - perfect timing, every time.

If they hadn't changed it at all, I'd just assume they didn't think there was a problem. But this suggests that they did see there was a problem... and rather than allowing the computer to commit 5 / 6 fouls in a 25 minute game, the same as a human player would (that's not very many, but OK, I can see that some people would find more than that annoying), they've just buffed the computer tackling to the point where it's ridiculous. 125 real-time minutes of gameplay... two fouls!

Then I played my sixth game: I was Partizan Belgrade, playing against Liverpool. Within 18 minutes Liverpool were down to nine men after two bizarre lunging fouls on players going nowhere, with the score at 0-0, earning them two straight red cards before the game had even got going. Those were the only two fouls they'd committed, too. Then for the remaining 72 minutes, they didn't commit any more. Not a single one.

How hard is this to fix, for God's sake? It must be a design choice. WHY??? Don't tell me "oh, Konami think kids will get bored if the game keeps stopping all the time", because your own tackles give away fouls all the time. And how is it less boring than almost never getting a free kick in a dangerous area, and never, ever getting a penalty, while the opposition get these things all the time? Surely that's going to irritate people a whole lot more?

I agree with this totally. I'm quite surprised that there are not more moans about this on this thread.

I'm still trying to like this game but the lack of fouls is killing it for me. It's a shame there is not some kind of setting to make the ref stricter. I play PES5 and within 10 mins game time there are 2 indirect free kicks and 1 direct one. Please fix this Konami.

I played it some more yesterday with everything manual and it actually got better when I gave it more time. I judge too quickly sometimes so you will have to excuse me for my ranting. It's not as bad as I first thought.

I can't do any continous scissors with the right stick though:BRICK: Whats the difference between auto feint on/off? Any effects on gameplay besides what it says?

Last edited:
Must admit, apart from the refs, the more I play it the more I like it. Had a 1v1 session with a mate last night who'd more or less given up on PES - we ended up playing for 5 hours and would have carried on if we'd been able to. Lots of subtleties which simply weren't there in the last game.

I can see that sooner or later I'm going to get very, very frustrated with certain things, but for now I'm having a lot of fun. Feels like a much more adult game than 2014 (at least once you set the speed to -1 and avoid the superteams like Real Madrid, who are as comically overpowered as ever). It's too incomplete and lacking in too many areas - graphics, Master League, stadia, referees, and so on - to be a truly great PES game, but right now it feels like the best of the current-gen titles.

At least until Konami start patching it into a 100mph arcade fest for children, like they always do.

(I still think the lack of option files on PS4 is going to kill PES in next-gen, though. Without licenses or option files it's just impossible to take seriously for most football fans. It's not even like the false names and kits look good...)

I'm not satisfied so far. There's no real reason to buy this on ps3 and play it instead of PES 2013, which has much better graphics, great individuality, tactical options and plays a great game of football. PES 2015 just irritates me on every front. You can definitely play a good game of football, but response time still is behind, graphics are utter shite (the pitch drives you crazy and makes you question if you're sober), animations are rigid, dribbling is better than Pes 14 but not as good as Pes 13; not as good response and bad speed control. Passing around with the ball feels just.. robotic and ice skating.

And don't let me start with the menus and presentation.. The UK studio literally kidnapped this game and turned it from a pleasant japanese style game to a western, Fifa'ish one with robotic mainstream-music.. They took away the identity of pes.

I really have low faith in the current Pes-team.. No offense but they all seem like a bunch of morons and football illiterates to me. Adam Bhatti with his Hip Hop Caps and what not.. No wonder they turned Pes into this. I used to love konami and japanese games but something just went wrong. Just the fact that they try to replicate old Pes games isnterad of focusing on real football and trying to create a real football game really says it all. They've gone back and forward for years and changed path every two years.. Nothing consistent.

I played Pes 2015 for two days and then turned on pes 2013 again and it felt like heaven (even though Pes 2013 is also lacking). If they'd jsut given us an updated version of that game it could keep me going for years.

But Pes 2015? Nah, people have really really low expectations. Yes, I bought it and bought every Pes because I'm a bit of a foolish costumer and need to learn to hold myself back more, but people and magazines praising Pes 15 so much is strange for me. Its like just because it turned a "western" style game with frantic and hectic football suddenly it became a good game, despite not having much new depth to offer from Pes 2013.

I know your pain, pes 2013 is better gameplaywise than 2015, then again pes 2013 is the best football game in terms of gameplay period.

I just enjoy what 2015 and its a really good game. Thing is 2013 is a game before its time my friend, when you look deep into how much is needed to create a game like that you will see to create that using the new engine is going to take a while.

The thing i like in 2015 is its a passing based game where the ai usually keeps lots of possession, 2013 is movement based, but still 2013 is substantially better.

I played it some more yesterday with everything manual and it actually got better when I gave it more time. I judge too quickly sometimes so you will have to excuse me for my ranting. It's not as bad as I first thought.

I can't do any continous scissors with the right stick though:BRICK: Whats the difference between auto feint on/off? Any effects on gameplay besides what it says?

Yeahh, like i said, just embrace what it does well to enjoy.

Last edited:
Hello, I just turned to PS3 from XBOX and i'm a bit lost... I downloaded a digital copy of the game but don't know which version is....

It has french, english, portuguese and there LA spanish. I thought it was BLUS but I am trying to install a BLUS option file and nothing appears... any chance someone can help?

Hello, I just turned to PS3 from XBOX and i'm a bit lost... I downloaded a digital copy of the game but don't know which version is....

It has french, english, portuguese and there LA spanish. I thought it was BLUS but I am trying to install a BLUS option file and nothing appears... any chance someone can help?

I normally,

1. Download the Option File to PC
2. Make sure the folder is named PS3, inside that the folder should be another folder named SAVEDATA, inside that is the Option File.
3. Copy the whole PS3 folder to a USB stick
4. Put USB stick in the PS3
5. Scroll across to the 'Game' bar. There should be a section that says something like 'PS3 save game data' (can't remember exactly as I'm not with my PS3)
6. Click into it and you should find your USB stick.
7. Click into it.
8. Wait for all the data to appear fully.
9. Then press 'diamond' and select 'Multiple Copies'
10. Select Yes to the questions it asks you.
11. Wait around 30 mins for it to copy them all over

Hopefully that will work. Apologies if I'm not 100% correct, like I said I'm not with my PS3 so I'm working from memory.

Hope that helps ;)

Back
Top Bottom