PES 2015 Discussion thread. PC

Regarding LOD....Konami should just incorporate the community made LOD Mixer into the game if they can't be bothered to sort this out themselves. I've seen this happen in other genres where mods are taken onboard by developers. Reimburse the creator if need be.

You can't make something which does not exist better, now can you? You cannot add missing animations. I could care less about graphics (cause knowing that team, they will not fix disappearing crowds when forcing AA within drivers).

Are you aware of Bhatti´s statement that mods and gameplay is gonna be the same between PS4 and PC?

So I don´t think there will be animations missing.

If he wasn´t telling the truth, then you´d have a point.

Are you aware of Bhatti´s statement that mods and gameplay is gonna be the same between PS4 and PC?
I don't know if he's to be believed or not on this.
He also said that PC and PS4 version don't share a line of code.

The only chance we have is that also the PS3 will have the new animations, but I need to check the PC demo (if any) myself before judging and deciding whether to buy it or not.

So I don´t think there will be animations missing.

If he wasn´t telling the truth, then you´d have a point.

Gameplay doesn't equal animations.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember him answering any of the questions regarding animations and the physics engine he was asked on twitter.

Ok, I'm going to call it now: we won't get PC news this week. Perhaps not at all until review copies are sent out nearer to release.

Can't see us getting any substantial news about PC at all, unless Adam does deliver like he said he was going to.

Still think their strategy is to get people to buy it blindly.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember him answering any of the questions regarding animations and the physics engine he was asked on twitter.

well if it comes to the keeper wants to save two different type of shots with the same animation because he doesnt have a specific one for it, then animations are essential.

Well he said PS4 and PC will have same game mods and same gameplay at first.

Then he said "creating a version for PC just wasn´t possible"

And he said "if you care about gameplay over visuals..."

*sigh*

It´s so damn unclear.
Why is there no proper statement?

Were did you guys read the thing about missing animations?

EDIT:

Actually I think it does to a specific part...

Last edited:
You can't make something which does not exist better, now can you? You cannot add missing animations. I could care less about graphics (cause knowing that team, they will not fix disappearing crowds when forcing AA within drivers).

Much more needed information is on gameplay itself and seeing PS3 gameplay (IGN video was from PS3 not PS4 in case someone wondered why it looks much worse than all others vids from GC 2014).

That IGN video didn't look much more different to PES 2014. Even nightmares from GK howlers returned with it :(.

Adam said we will get PC news this week though, so only can wait...

Och and Asim impressions from GC 2014 code are up:

http://winningelevenblog.com/blog/pes-2015-gamescom-preview-return-king/

Sadly, only apply to Xbox One/Playstation 4 versions of the game. :*
that is a lie that code on the ign video was ps4 code and i know that for a fact that konami only displayed ps4 code at gamescom

In a sports game the animations does affect gameplay a whole lot. Especially, as is usually the case with PES, when the game does not cut an animation to execute player inputs but instead waits until the animation is done.

Could probably been explained better but you'll understand what I mean if you give it a try...

well if it comes to the keeper wants to save two different type of shots with the same animation because he doesnt have a specific one for it, then animations are essential.

And that's why I highly doubt the "same gameplay" part.

If the PC version uses different (aka inferior) animations and physics, it won't be the same gameplay.

Given Mr. Bhatti's track record, his vague statements don't mean much.

Two different engines will never have the same gameplay or animations, even if they try damn hard to achieve that.

Unless they're not two different engines.

where did the assumption that the PC version won´t have the same animations as the PS4 version come from?

Vague and somewhat conflicting statements about the differences between the different versions of the game and Adam Bhatti dodging questions regarding these particular aspects (animations/physics).

The simple fact that the PS3 version has by definition less memory available will impact gameplay. But honestly I don't think the game has such complex coding that it won't fit on last gen... at the same time, looking at last year version, anything is possible.

Sorry, which version? I think you mean PC, but didn't realise it was on the 'floor' at GC?

I played the ps4 version of course.
But in comparsion to the PC Version of PES 2014.. i see no Major Difference between the Old PC Version Graphics and the "new" PS4 Engine..

Vague and somewhat conflicting statements about the differences between the different versions of the game and Adam Bhatti dodging questions regarding these particular aspects (animations/physics).

Hmmm ok either this or he just can´t communicate properly...lol.

But probably the first one.

I asked him on twitter whether the difference is affecting animations.

Let´s see whether he even answers...

I asked him on twitter whether the difference is affecting animations.

Let´s see whether he even answers...

Good luck - I tried twice and he chose to ignore it. And yes, I'm positive he did it on purpose because he had no problem answering another rather unimportant question I asked him in between.

Unless they're not two different engines.
But then, the 'not having code in common' thing would certainly be a lie (if both 7th and 8th gen games are based on the same engine, let's call it Fox, they surely will have some code in common).

So, he lied. Either when he said that there won't be any difference in gameplay or when he said that there's no line of code shared between the PC and the PS4 versions.

Or, knowing Konami, there mught be a plot twist: he somehow managed to lie twice.

Well he said PS4 and PC will have same game mods and same gameplay at first.

Then he said "creating a version for PC just wasn´t possible"

And he said "if you care about gameplay over visuals..."

*sigh*

It´s so damn unclear.
Why is there no proper statement?

Were did you guys read the thing about missing animations?

EDIT:

Actually I think it does to a specific part...

Konami never create just a PC version of PES .

But then, the 'not having code in common' thing would certainly be a lie (if both 7th and 8th gen games are based on the same engine, let's call it Fox, they surely will have some code in common).

So, he lied. Either when he said that there won't be any difference in gameplay or when he said that there's no line of code shared between the PC and the PS4 versions.

Or, knowing Konami, there mught be a plot twist: he somehow managed to lie twice.

Well, he definitely lied because they can't both be true.

Seeing as the NG versions aren't that different in terms of visuals to PES2014 (to people who played it), I narrowed it down to two hypotesis: PES2015 PC is like your regular patch to PES 2014 in terms of gameplay, or there's no real difference whatsoever and this story was planted to sell more of the NG versions.

The thing is that it´s the same engine, fox engine.

A toned down one and a "proper" one.

But it´s still the same engine.

It´s not like what happened with FIFA.

FIFA 14 on NG (PS4) used the new ignite engine, PS3 and PC Users had to play with the old FIFA engine.

About 4 weeks ago I have been at a friends place and some guys were playing FIFA 14 on PS3.
Another guy owned a PS4 and he said that the NG version plays and feels totally different as it´s not the same engine.

So I kinda stand by my assumption that the differences can only be in visuals and I don´t think it´s in animations.

If I´m wrong (we know when the game comes out) you can bash me all the way :P

I think , PS4 architecture is closer to the PC compared to the PS3. Accordingly, much easier to make a PS4 port for PC . Konami just lie us .

Back
Top Bottom