PC PES 2014 discussion thread

It's called copyright law. And what jenkey and others are doing is illegal. Which is why modders for both FIFA and PES constantly have their files removed from sites like Mediafire. Konami is not in the wrong here, nor do they spend any time whatsoever thinking about dividing the PES community (?).

Modding ISN'T illegal according to any law in the world. Games might choose to make it a violation of Terms of Service for a number of very reasonable reasons (for eg. on online games where certain mods can give you unfair advantage over other users).

The reason modding in PES never died is because, even if Konami wants to, they can't do more than a lawsuit threat, in reality they know it wouldn't hold up on court,

The reason modding in PES never died is because, even if Konami wants to, they can't do more than a lawsuit threat, in reality they know it wouldn't hold up on court,

Agreed, and filing a lawsuit against someone working alone and in private is a fruitless endeavour. The cost/benefit of doing so just isn't there.

It's something that is tolerated because of this and also because PES on the PC is a niche market anyway.

As long as modders aren't profiting from their work and patches are distributed through the right channels, then there is little 'ethically' wrong with what they do.

I hope so James. Might be worth a bit in a few years if it is in pristine condition.

Thanks negatrev. :) I did not play PES2013 aside from the demo once I found the League Mode had been discarded so I will be rusty and not having the time as such to play PES extensively, something along those lines would be welcome.

Was this active training similar to the training modes as in previous PES editions ? Namely to familiarize the player with which buttons on the controller do what and what certain combinations will produce ?

I don't remember most of it, but it did teach you how to trap the ball and how to do the 2 foot side-step and dash (I remember these as I took ages to get the timing right!).

It's called copyright law. And what jenkey and others are doing is illegal. Which is why modders for both FIFA and PES constantly have their files removed from sites like Mediafire. Konami is not in the wrong here, nor do they spend any time whatsoever thinking about dividing the PES community (?).

Modding isn't illegal. As long as it's free.

Its you make money off it, it can be seen as copyright.

The issue with Jenkey is the Adfly stuff. So he's directly making money from links that contain copyrighted material. His work is fine, he just needs to remove that adfly stuff.

Modding isn't illegal. As long as it's free.

Its you make money off it, it can be seen as copyright.

The issue with Jenkey is the Adfly stuff. So he's directly making money from links that contain copyrighted material. His work is fine, he just needs to remove that adfly stuff.

Are you really sure about that? modding isn't illegal, but there's still some stuff prohibited. Beside he distributed the hacked version of the demo last year and reveal tons of stuff ahead of its time, i guess that's where Konami major gripe stem from. When a publisher tell a modder to stop it usually because of potential conflict and legal issue.

I don't think a couple of dollar from ad was the real reason. It's a common these day when modder always looking for couple of bucks indirectly while hosting their file at third party hosting site. Maybe any potential modder should try Moddb after this.

Are you really sure about that? modding isn't illegal, but there's still some stuff prohibited. Beside he distributed the hacked version of the demo last year and reveal tons of stuff ahead of its time, i guess that's where Konami major gripe stem from. When a publisher tell a modder to stop it usually because of potential conflict and legal issue.

I don't think a couple of dollar from ad was the real reason. It's a common these day when modder always looking for couple of bucks indirectly while hosting their file at third party hosting site. Maybe any potential modder should try Moddb after this.

If he redistributed demo. That is illegal. Buying software and customizing is not illegal.

The reason was the fact licensing deals were revelead before planned. Again, they could threat, but they couldn't do anything concrete about it. It was "their problem", so to speak.

ztk8.jpg

you don't know a single thing about law and its relations with modding.

and i don't know what are you doing on modding community if you (wrongly) think it's something illegal?

Modding ISN'T illegal according to any law in the world. Games might choose to make it a violation of Terms of Service for a number of very reasonable reasons (for eg. on online games where certain mods can give you unfair advantage over other users).
Modding PES or FIFA gamefiles, and uploading those mods and files for public use, is a violation of copyright law. Add to that jenkey and others upload those files to sites where they make money each time someone downloads the file, and yes it's completely illegal. If you don't believe any of that is illegal, then explain how it is Konami can force jenkey to abandon modding PES and have the police involved, or how EA forced the removal of all Fidel's FIFA 13 mods from sites like Mediafire?

you don't know a single thing about law and its relations with modding.
Read my previous post and then please enlighten us with an answer to my questions, waiting to hear your explanation. Also, grab the code for Microsoft IE 10, make a few changes, then upload your tweaked OS for public use. Let us know how long it takes before someone shows up on your doorstep with a cease and desist order. I'm guessing about 48 hours.

and i don't know what are you doing on modding community if you (wrongly) think it's something illegal?
Modding community? This is a PES 2014 discussion thread. If you think this is a modding thread you're in the wrong place I'm afraid. Apart from that, there's a difference between outlining the facts regarding copyright law and my own personal opinion as to whether those laws are right or wrong. Judging from the tone and content of your post, I'm not sure you have the capacity to understand that subtle difference, nevertheless I thought I should mention it.

Last edited:
Are you that naive? Or are you just trying to convince yourself of the things you say?

Just because a company's lawyer tries to use scare tactics DOESN'T MEAN it is illegal. The opposing argument is much stronger, almost 10 years of PES modding and not once have you heard about someone getting fined or arrested for modding. The same applies to the rest of gaming all-together, where complete "transformation" mods changed the game completely.

There's even huge websites dedicated to the sole purpose of publishing and promoting game mods: http://www.moddb.com/

Read my previous post and then please enlighten us with an answer to my questions, waiting to hear your explanation.

Modding community? This is a PES 2014 discussion thread. If you think this is a modding thread you're in the wrong place I'm afraid.

:FAIL:

Modding and tool creating is legal since it requires user to HAVE GAME.

So you call devs :PIRATE:
How about this?
Hi, I'm wondering if there is an editing tool to edit data in League and Cup modes as I don't play Master League or Be A Legend. I'm specifically interested in editing stadium and time-of-day data. I'd like to be able to set all that myself (Cup mode doesn't use team-specific stadiums for example). Thanks for any help.

You asked for illegal tool?

Sorry for offtopic but guy is calling devs pirates

:FAIL:

Modding and tool creating is legal since it requires user to HAVE GAME.

So you call devs :PIRATE:
How about this?

You asked for illegal tool?

So let me get this straight... First you say FAIL, and claim it's legal to create modding tools for these games. Then you call me out for asking for a modding tool which you say is illegal. Can't have it both ways bro, it's one or the other.

And I never claimed modding tools were illegal. It's illegal to mod files and then upload them for public use, that's a copyright infringement. And when modders like jenkey make money off them, that's a double no-no and why the police got involved in his case.

BTW, I mod FIFA and PES using tools I download, yes. Modding tools are not illegal. And I only use those edited files for my own private use. Nothing illegal about any of that.

What? You're all over the map bro. Not once did I claim that game developers were pirates. What are you even talking about here, that makes no sense.

Last edited:
What? You're all over the map bro. Not once did I claim that game developers were pirates. What are you even talking about here, that makes no sense.

Read what you write.
You are wrong.
Dont get it personal but you are 100% wrong.

So let me get this straight... First you say FAIL, and claim it's legal to create modding tools for these games. Then you call me out for asking for a modding tool which you say is illegal. Can't have it both ways bro, it's one or the other.

And I never claimed modding tools were illegal. It's illegal to mod files and then upload them for public use, that's a copyright infringement. And when modders like jenkey make money off them, that's a double no-no and why the police got involved in his case.

BTW, I mod FIFA and PES using tools I download, yes. Modding tools are not illegal. And I only use those edited files for my own private use. Nothing illegal about any of that.

Read what you write.
Thats your point not mine.
No one is braking any law.

Just because a company's lawyer tries to use scare tactics DOESN'T MEAN it is illegal.
Oh good lord... Right, a company like Konami is going to spend thousands of dollars on lawyers even though they know they don't have a legal case and that they're wasting their time and money. I guess the police got involved in jenkey's case knowing they didn't have any legal leg to stand on either... just wasting their time and taxpayers money for laughs. Anyway, carry on, I'm moving on to other topics.

Oh good lord... Right, a company like Konami is going to spend thousands of dollars on lawyers even though they know they don't have a legal case and that they're wasting their time and money. I guess the police got involved in jenkey's case knowing they didn't have any legal leg to stand on either... just wasting their time and taxpayers money for laughs. Anyway, carry on, I'm moving on to other topics.

whars wrong with you
first MadbaLL, than me, now _anderson attacking us and we are proving you wrong

you call devs (tool makers) law breakers/illegal ?? based on something in your head
and you asked for tool to edit game

if modding is illegal than all tool makers for any game/software are pirates/lawbreakers

read something

give us a break please :BYE:

OK guys Konami would have wiped out many editing sites if modding and editing was illegal.

Its Piracy,redistributing warez and Licensing that are the key areas of concern.That is why Evo Web has a hard and unrelenting policy towards Warez talk.

Back to topic re PES2014 please,its turning into an argument rather than a debate.

Hopefully someone can mod rain into the game. Seriously shaking my head. Cannot wait for this game, and gameplay is king, but......

Back
Top Bottom