PC PES 2014 discussion thread

Or they simply relocated the PC team to the PS4/Xbox One platform.

I have several doubts PES 2015 is coming to PC.

PES 2015 will be announced very soon according to Robbye Ron, a community leader, I suspect game will be announced during May, so we will definitely know if PES 2015 will be available on PC.

There are basically two important questions for PC users:

1) If game will be released for PC.

2) If released, if it will be the next gen version (PS4,Xbox One) or if it will be the PS3/Xbox 360 port.

It seems brazillian people are lying about PES 2015 Future news.
I only saw .br pages taking about PES 2015 only on PS4 and XBOX One.
So i don´t care about PES 2014 or 2015, i'm playing with PES 2011 and i will buy this game at 5 Euros, if they like it or not.
I'm going to revenge the next PC version.
KONAMI continues to ignore and delayed patches on PES 2014, it continues to shame and destroy people's hope.
I'm going to wait when all the storms pass out on konami, including the fake news up there.

Don´t worry about everything i speak here, i'm 100% calm and not nervous, it's only my opinion :))

Actually there were cases of delay on PC, but it was only a couple of days.

You maybe right on the allocation of the PC staff to work on the PS4/XB1 version.

I think that PES 2015 will come to PC. It's a small niche of the sales figures, but still is significant and Konami cannot afford to lose it. Plus PES is develop in PC, and the PC version is a mere port. Fox Engine was suppost to reduce significantly the production time wasted on port to different platforms (that was what they were saying when they released).

I dont know however if they don't bring us a last gen version. It's Konami, you never know.

It seems brazillian people are lying about PES 2015 Future news.
I only saw .br pages taking about PES 2015 only on PS4 and XBOX One.
So i don´t care about PES 2014 or 2015, i'm playing with PES 2011 and i will buy this game at 5 Euros, if they like it or not.
I'm going to revenge the next PC version.
KONAMI continues to ignore and delayed patches on PES 2014, it continues to shame and destroy people's hope.
I'm going to wait when all the storms pass out on konami, including the fake news up there.

Don´t worry about everything i speak here, i'm 100% calm and not nervous, it's only my opinion :))

There's a ton of brazilian sites that are blacklist by Konami for spreading lies every single year.

PES 2015 will be announced very soon according to Robbye Ron, a community leader, I suspect game will be announced during May, so we will definitely know if PES 2015 will be available on PC.
Well, considering KONAMI's communication in the last few weeks they will probably announce PES 2015 for PC, and come release day it is nowhere to be found.

Actually there were cases of delay on PC, but it was only a couple of days.

You maybe right on the allocation of the PC staff to work on the PS4/XB1 version.

I think that PES 2015 will come to PC. It's a small niche of the sales figures, but still is significant and Konami cannot afford to lose it. Plus PES is develop in PC, and the PC version is a mere port. Fox Engine was suppost to reduce significantly the production time wasted on port to different platforms (that was what they were saying when they released).

I dont know however if they don't bring us a last gen version. It's Konami, you never know.

Exactly.
EA sells 10 mil pieces of fifa every single year.
They can afford to spit on PC gamers.
KONAMI cannot. PC is the only platform that PES is miles better than FIFA (apart from dead PS3/Xbox360).

Exactly.
EA sells 10 mil pieces of fifa every single year.
They can afford to spit on PC gamers.
KONAMI cannot. PC is the only platform that PES is miles better than FIFA (apart from dead PS3/Xbox360).

Not so sure, they can spit if they want on PC, I bet PC sales are really really low, despite the fact EA is not releasing Fifa as next gen on PC.

They already started spiting on the PC platform with huge patch delays, the reason might be pretty obvious that they are stopping PC development. I hope that is not the case.

PES 2014 PS Plus deal with Sony might be an indication that PES 2015 Next Gen might be exclusive for PS4 only.

Last edited:
Not so sure, they can spit if they want on PC, I bet PC sales are really really low, despite the fact EA is not releasing Fifa as next gen on PC.

They already started spiting on the PC platform with huge patch delays, the reason might be pretty obvious that they are stopping PC development. I hope that is not the case.

PES 2014 PS Plus deal with Sony might be an indication that PES 2015 Next Gen might be exclusive for PS4 only.

UK sales top 40:

PES2014 Xbox360 starting:
http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index....p&ct=110027&arch=t&lyr=2013&year=2013&week=38

Position No 4 (FIFA 14 LAST GEN in No 1 a week later)

PES2014 Xbox360 after 7 months:

Position No 30 (FIFA 14 LAST GEN in No 6)

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index....p&ct=110027&arch=t&lyr=2014&year=2014&week=15

On PS3:
http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index....p&ct=110031&arch=t&lyr=2013&year=2013&week=38
Start at No3 (FIFA 14 LAST GEN in No 1 a week later)

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index....p&ct=110031&arch=t&lyr=2014&year=2014&week=15

7 months later at No28 (FIFA 14 LAST GEN in No 3)

EA can afford to spit.
KONAMI cannot.

A few thoughts on PES2015 and its future on the PC (in no particular order):

- The PC gaming market is a growth area. Konami would be foolish to walk away from it.

- EA Sports isn't taking the PC market seriously. No next-gen FIFA, no Madden at all. This is the one platform where Konami could really take it to EA.

- Technically the next-gen consoles ARE PCs. Creating a game for all three platforms isn't the resource-intensive process it once was.

- Sony exclusivity makes no sense. PES is no longer a system-seller and, as many PlayStation owners like to point out, sales on the other platforms are so small that little would be gained through exclusivity.

- Sales figures are low and piracy: presumably high. Steam has shown how neither of the above should deter a developer against the PC market. Cheap games, easy to download, easy to update, friends lists for online gaming....PC gaming has changed.

- Embrace modding. It's one of the main reasons people choose the PC version. Make the game more modder-friendly. Make it easier to distribute and apply mods in-game. Make PES the rFactor of football games.

- Most of all, football is the most popular sport in the world. Put a good football game on the market and it will always sell well on any platform.

Last edited:
Considering the way this team approach problems, They probably think that the main reason why PES is behind FIFA is piracy, not the fact that they've been releasing poorly licensed, unfinished games for the past decade.

A few thoughts on PES2015 and its future on the PC (in no particular order):

- The PC gaming market is a growth area. Konami would be foolish to walk away from it.

- EA Sports isn't taking the PC market seriously. No next-gen FIFA, no Madden at all. This is the one platform where Konami could really take it to EA.

- Technically the next-gen consoles ARE PCs. Creating a game for all three platforms isn't the resource-intensive process it once was.

- Sony exclusivity makes no sense. PES is no longer a system-seller and, as many PlayStation owners like to point out, sales on the other platforms are so small that little would be gained through exclusivity.

- Sales figures are low and piracy: presumably high. Steam has shown how neither of the above should deter a developer against the PC market. Cheap games, easy to download, easy to update, friends lists for online gaming....PC gaming has changed.

- Embrace modding. It's one of the main reasons people choose the PC version. Make the game more modder-friendly. Make it easier to distribute and apply mods in-game. Make PES the rFactor of football games.

- Most of all, football is the most popular sport in the world. Put a good football game on the market and it will always sell well on any platform.

Winning Eleven ONLINE AKA MMOFOOTBALL:
http://weo.game.sports.news.naver.com/index.nhn
ZERO piracy
ZERO 0 NONE NADA
Just move it to the west. Translate to english slap commentaries and BAM!
Pirate free PES.
Facilitating modding in any way has a risk of attracting EA lawyers...
Agreed 10000% on the rest.

There's a ton of brazilian sites that are blacklist by Konami for spreading lies every single year.

Really? For me this PES was the first time of all. :SHOCK:

Fuck EA lawyers.

FIFA is open to the same modding/editing as PES.

I don´t wanna to destroy the FIFA's party, but 75% will get illegal downloads from FIFA because of that silly "no next gen" for pc users.
I really don´t like the face of the lead producer who make the FIFA WC for consoles "Mat Prior", i wish can able to slap him so hard.
It's a guy with no personality.

Last edited:
100% agree with you, Jamezinho, on both posts. The steam version came a month and a half after the dvd version (unacceptable). Relay eavy on steam, distribution costs will decrease and your sale figures will rise like crazy, like any other game there.

As for piracy combat, gives us a good online content, it's a good way to avoid it. People today want to play with other people, not only the CPU. Look at all those FPS games that have massive sales figues on PC, and not to speak of some MMORPG's that are gold mines, even with subscrition fees every month. That combine with modding (the main reason people are in this platform) will make PC sales figure relevant.

PS: I would love to see Madden on PC. Madden 08 is a good awful game, and I simply love the sport. EA fucking bastards.

It's already been posted, but almost three years ago Valve's Gabe Newell perfectly summarized PC piracy problem as a quality of service problem:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/114391-Valves-Gabe-Newell-Says-Piracy-Is-a-Service-Problem

This quote in particular:
"We think there is a fundamental misconception about piracy. Piracy is almost always a service problem and not a pricing problem," he said. "If a pirate offers a product anywhere in the world, 24 x 7, purchasable from the convenience of your personal computer, and the legal provider says the product is region-locked, will come to your country 3 months after the US release, and can only be purchased at a brick and mortar store, then the pirate's service is more valuable."

The proof is in the proverbial pudding. "Prior to entering the Russian market, we were told that Russia was a waste of time because everyone would pirate our products. Russia is now about to become [Steam's] largest market in Europe," Newell said.

How many ticks from above mentioned quote apply to PES? Pretty much all of them, plus some more pearls of brilliance that have emerged this year:
- discriminatory updates and patching, based on platform
- selective accessibility of commercial add-ons, again based on platform

All in all, Konami is offering a piss-poor quality product in terms of modern day PC gaming. They are still confined to the stone-age console-style service model, where publisher can afford to release bare bones game with virtually no extra service, charge full price for it and get away with it. Restrictive console DRM and built-in hardware level protection mechanisms will do the rest - I'm either going to be 100% legit user or going to turn my pricey console into a disconnected brick, giving-up on all the other online goodies that come with consoles.

Fortunately, PC doesn't work like that.

It's already been posted, but almost three years ago Valve's Gabe Newell perfectly summarized PC piracy problem as a quality of service problem:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/114391-Valves-Gabe-Newell-Says-Piracy-Is-a-Service-Problem

Who cares if...

Gabe-Newell-peers-seductively-over-his-fan-of-money-610x240.jpg

is all over is bedroom and bathroom? :SMUG:

That is a big problem.
After 2011 message, people continues to buy expensive videogames at the first day or even before they release it.
People get piracy and soon they will buy original.

Adam troll-hti : After apil 8 when DLC4 is released for PC you will get info about future PC gameplay patches.
Apil 9 -> Apil 15...DEAD SILENCE.
dare we point to him that he ate crap once again or would it would be "disrespectful"?

He either will be blocking people or saying the same crap over and over again: The devs are working on it. I will be update you when I have news. There's been 2/3 weeks since Consoles got it, and not even an announcement of an announcement for us.

Don't hold your breath. DLC 4 came to PC one a half months later on PC...
I don't even care anymore. I'm going to buy FIFA14 today as priced dropted as low as 18E here and I'm gonna force myself to enjoy it...

This thread is making me lose all hope.

Playing and actually enjoying PES14 (but being disappointed in the massive lack of polish) had me optimistic for the upcoming PES which would be truly next-gen in the FOX Engine. With that, I was projecting PES to surpass or catch up to FIFA by 2016.

But the fact that they cannot even pull-off coordinated patches releases makes me think that they are totally incompetent and helpless. Somebody prove me wrong, please!

The lack of info some game developers have nowadays is so unacceptable.
Same goes to Rockstar about GTA 5.
No one nows whether it ever will come to PC and Rockstar doesn´t announce it but also doesn´t deny it.

But KONAMI is surely a story of its own.

Someone here on the forum said that Adam might get not enough info as well and I think that´s right.

It would be so much better if KONAMI would give exact information to the customers like "Yes, the patch will definetly come to PC, please be patient as we have to bla bla whatever".

That really would be ok, but saying nothing is just f***ed up!

The lack of info some game developers have nowadays is so unacceptable.
Same goes to Rockstar about GTA 5.
No one nows whether it ever will come to PC and Rockstar doesn´t announce it but also doesn´t deny it.

But KONAMI is surely a story of its own.

Someone here on the forum said that Adam might get not enough info as well and I think that´s right.

It would be so much better if KONAMI would give exact information to the customers like "Yes, the patch will definetly come to PC, please be patient as we have to bla bla whatever".

That really would be ok, but saying nothing is just f***ed up!

I will give you a cokkie if you find the konami's boss email. ;))
If someone have the guts to send him a message.

Back
Top Bottom