PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

i take back all i have said on close inspection i believe the shooting feels weird to me because the anamations are not right

but this is the core of pes 13 so all is good in the hood

pes needs its shooting to be fixed u cant expect people to play a game that has a fundamental flaw with its shooting

+1

Hi, sorry but I can't agree with this. There is no player in the world (but Messi, probably) that can always shoot where he wants, even C. Ronaldo missed two one on one last night.

Yes, but it is obvious that in pes 2012 there are (many) times that the direction you choose has no matter. Espacially when i'm front of the keeper without pressure and the player has all the time to aim the shoot anyplace he wants. But he send the ball in the center. This is problem of the game and has nothing to do with the ability of the player. The stats have to play the role where the ball may go (but in the direcion i'll choose). If i shoot with messi, i expect the ball to go much closer to the net. If i shoot with Papadopoulos (schalke) i expect the the ball to go worse than messi's shoot. Considering of course all the circumstances (body position, pressure etc).

+1

Yes, but it is obvious that in pes 2012 there are (many) times that the direction you choose has no matter. Espacially when i'm front of the keeper without pressure and the player has all the time to aim the shoot anyplace he wants. But he send the ball in the center. This is problem of the game and has nothing to do with the ability of the player. The stats have to play the role where the ball may go (but in the direcion i'll choose). If i shoot with messi, i expect the ball to go much closer to the net. If i shoot with Papadopoulos (schalke) i expect the the ball to go worse than messi's shoot. Considering of course all the circumstances (body position, pressure etc).

yes this needs to be done its basic by now that the ball should go were i aim the shooting in pes 12 is a shambles

i shouldnt have to decide hight from the power bar this should be done with the analog stick if i aim high it goes high if i aim in the bottom corner then the ball should attempt to go ther power bar should only effect how quick the ball gets there

but in pes shooting is random and you never know what goal is coming next and to often the goal u score feels like it wasnt u the anamation doesnt fit the goal and it doesnt go were u aim this is a huge bug that needs to be fixed

And you would be happy scoring everytime? I dunno I just want 1 V 1 shooting fixed. PES2011 was perfect in this sense.

no of course not that is were balance comes in its my opinion that with really good goal keepers the shooting can be cranked up a bit

i think u need to get a ball head down to the pitch and have sum shots on goal i have to say most of the time it goes on target and if not pretty close to were u aim same goes for passing

it needs to be said the shooting is not up to par with the rest of the game and this is because keepers were so bad

they wont let us put the ball in the top corner of the goal because the keeper wil in no way get to them u have to admit the shooting in pes 12 is random and in no way goes were u tell it

how many goals are scored that u just know u had no hand in i mean come on im here battering away at a team for 89 mins gets to 90 and then the aim works but it hasnt gone anywere near i have been aiming the hole game but for this game winning moment it all clicks and in no way have i been aiming diffrent the hole game and this happpins many times

i dont want to score with every shot but when i take a shot the bloody thing should go were i aim

@ romagnli about the pace of the game and the sense of space. In PES2012 because of the auto defending , high pressure and the AIs ability to cover passing lanes you find the possession is recycled a lot. Does PES2013 have this or is there more time to hold the ball.

@Rom

I have very simple question to you. Which game generally is better for You: Pes 2013 or FIFA 12? I don't ask about details but generally. Maybe these games are very similar? Which game (style) you more prefer? What do you think?

Last edited:

Pretty sure Rom prefers PES 12 to FIFA 12, so it goes without saying really.

The (ocasional since the last patch) problem with PES 2012 shooting is that 99% of the players do direct it to the goal, but no matter what direction you pick, he shoots to the middle of the goal. Granted I don't expect everyone to pin point shots, but ALL professional footballers can at least pick a side and shoot there, even if it goes wide...

Just look at the Euro's - there's plenty of times you see a player be right in front and hit it straight at the keeper. You wouldn't think it's hard to place it either side but in the heat of the moment and with little time on the ball, it can happen.

If you're talking the 1 v 1's against the keeper, I wonder whether there isn't enough time for the direction on the stick to register if you've done a light tap of shoot, as opposed to blatantly ignoring your controller input.

Direction works 95% for me when I press shoot, then while the power bar is up move the stick up or down. But with a 1 v 1, the time between pressing shoot and moving the left stick is a lot shorter than when I'm powering up outside the box and I often think I've moved the stick a fraction too early and hence the direction registers as straight on.

1 thing I just figured out as well, which others may have known for a while, is that if you don't fill the power bar enough you can press shoot again to fill it further. I've been using it well on free kicks, where I tend to shoot for a little power and then fill it again with another tap. Otherwise I overshoot the mark easily lol.

But I'm sure this works out in open play too so if you've realised you need more power you can correct it before the shot gets hit. Does anyone else do that?

The first part is so true. The same people who initially refused to play FIFA 09 when PES was in its shite stage, are the same ones who'll not give PES a second glance now. It's a herd mentality, I suspect most of them only really played PES in its golden era because that was the general consensus rather then their own personal preference.

I think Fifa 08 is more apt but otherwise correct given my personal experience. I had a torrid time getting people to give that a try. The worst thing is that my friends even acknowledged that PES 2008 was really bad but they simply wouldn't give Fifa a chance because it wasn't the in thing.

Then again people did the same thing with PES initially (not giving it a chance despite it being seen as the better title). The issue now is that because marketing is more prevalent than ever it's going to be even harder to wrestle people from that mentality. Marketing, and ergo review scores unfortunately given the state of the majority of games journalism, is a huge factor that comes with backing up established opinion. It may eventually happen IF PES ever becomes perceived as a very good title on its own again (note i'm not comparing the two titles here) but i think it'll be a huge ask regardless. Fifa will still maintain a devout following no matter what given that it's nowhere near as bad a game as it used to be when it still managed to maintain a big following.

The whole PES v Fifa thing is almost like the Ronaldo v Messi debate. It's a shame people keep bringing it up but it's going to happen because that's just the way things work in sports and if you look back over time it always has been with popular sports. One person simply has to be better than another. You rarely talk about both on what they're good at individually. It's always x is better than y because..... Video games have proven quite similar to sports in these comparisons to begin with (Cod v BF formerly Cod v Halo, Mario v Sonic, Gran Turismo v Forza etc) but when you get a sports video game then it just doubles the effect.

Last edited:

pes 13 needs to weigh up against sumting its how we get quality we compare the work of others with its rivil in the same field

pes 13 can not come out a mess like 12 did there are so many bugs sum which sum see and sum dont

i see keepers are bad sumtimes but keepers should be a small thing to fix not the foundation of a game

shooting is a diffrent ball game its random unless the myth is true that there is a few pes 12 cds floating around with perfect code

dont come in here defending a game that is all messed up everyone knows its messed up thats why only the few bought it just why did all my mates get fifa they aint following the heard and most dont care about licenses pes is fooked up

defending goalkeepers shooting passing all these things have issues in pes 12 like wat crack have people been smoking

if u want to know wat is wrong with pes then listen to the unhappy people as the people who are happy with it i dare say are not the market u want to crack as they are buying the next one anyway

no point in us saying there is sumting wrong with shooting only for u to say its fine well thats ok but there is many who will not buy pes 13 if the shooting is like the mess pes 12 was

and listen i have no other problem with pes i dont care for goalkeepers i dont care for the crazy ai cheating and camping in there box as they would or should soon stop this when they see i can hammer a shot were i please and then they would be made play football

but to come in here and defend a game title that will soon be dead if the problems it has are not fixed is MAD

SHOOTING MY FRIEND IS ONLY ONE OF THEM

Who are you talking to dwyer? I haven't seen you here before so it's a bit rich for you to have a go at people for "coming here" when most people commenting are regular here and most of them have made pretty clear their gripes with the game. Not many here have been happy with this year's PES as you can see by the Not happy with PES 2012 thread.

SHOOTING IS GOOD

People don't know how to aim in PES and that's a problem.

You don't push stick left/right to aim to left/right post. Pro Evo is different in that aspect. You use left/right for aiming top/bottom and up/down on stick to add swerve.

I can score some juicy top right corner shots without issues on PES 12. Just don't aim like on FIFA... ;) (and yes, it takes time getting used to it to I would say practice, practice and... Practice :P).

@rom how is the tactical side of the game if you had time to check it out that is? ;)

i sappose im talking to everyone and ive only found the forum so i cant be faulted for not being here

its like this pes is dying u know it i know it and everyone knows it if your happy to sit around and watch it die thats ok

but defending the very aspects of the game which is driving most of the fans any from it will not get us anywere but will in fact make this game die much faster

ive been playing pes all my life so its a little silly to start saying im not aiming right i understand pes controls score really nice goals it doesnt change the fact shooting is random and in no way accurate like it should be

what im talking about is real and it is taking place and is a huge issue if u cant accept that or see it well there is nothing i can do about that but its there and killing game sales

most of all it kills us the gamers game experince no point in scoring goals u feel u had no part in

ill say this and stand by it if the shooting system in pes 13 is like pes 12 dont expect a rise in game sales

Direction works 95% for me when I press shoot, then while the power bar is up move the stick up or down. But with a 1 v 1, the time between pressing shoot and moving the left stick is a lot shorter than when I'm powering up outside the box and I often think I've moved the stick a fraction too early and hence the direction registers as straight on.

How would you describe the timing on choosing the direction? Anytime when shot is powered up, and the ball is away from foot? Or do you time it to the exact moment when ball touches the foot?

1 thing I just figured out as well, which others may have known for a while, is that if you don't fill the power bar enough you can press shoot again to fill it further. I've been using it well on free kicks, where I tend to shoot for a little power and then fill it again with another tap. Otherwise I overshoot the mark easily lol.

But I'm sure this works out in open play too so if you've realised you need more power you can correct it before the shot gets hit. Does anyone else do that?

I have used this for pes2011. Though for pes2011, in open play, shooting with double+ tapping meant drilling it hard towards goal.

I'm a bit new to 2012 and am still figuring out how the R2 shooting works now. Is there a difference between holding R2 before tapping the shoot button, and holding R2 after tapping the shoot button? It seems the former is a drilled shot, and the latter is the controlled/cushioned shot?

How would you describe the timing on choosing the direction? Anytime when shot is powered up, and the ball is away from foot? Or do you time it to the exact moment when ball touches the foot?

I have used this for pes2011. Though for pes2011, in open play, shooting with double+ tapping meant drilling it hard towards goal.

I'm a bit new to 2012 and am still figuring out how the R2 shooting works now. Is there a difference between holding R2 before tapping the shoot button, and holding R2 after tapping the shoot button? It seems the former is a drilled shot, and the latter is the controlled/cushioned shot?

Yeah when the shot is powered up and before the foot touches the ball. Doesn't have to be precise with that part. So it's basically press shoot and get the power bar filled to the level of power you want, then there is a slight delay until the ball is kicked. It's within this time that you choose your direction.

When the ball is further from your foot, you obviously have more time to choose your direction because it takes longer to make contact with the ball. And when you're 1 v 1 and/or slowed down to a jog the ball is closer to your foot. That's why you have less time gap between choosing your power and selecting direction.

I also think you need to make sure you hold the direction until the ball has been kicked. If you let go before contact is made it might not apply as much direction. So in theory you're still holding direction while the ball is on the way to goals.

I have always used R2 after pressing shoot (and it works for headers also - whether on goal or passing to a teammate). Some people say you can press it before but I don't notice anything with that. You can press it anytime before contact is made and you see the player change the animation.

Also, if you're running side on to goal but around the edge of the penalty box, you can press LB/L1 while you shoot and instead of a chip shot, it sometimes does a curled shot.

People don't know how to aim in PES and that's a problem.

You don't push stick left/right to aim to left/right post. Pro Evo is different in that aspect. You use left/right for aiming top/bottom and up/down on stick to add swerve.

I can score some juicy top right corner shots without issues on PES 12. Just don't aim like on FIFA... ;) (and yes, it takes time getting used to it to I would say practice, practice and... Practice :P).

@rom how is the tactical side of the game if you had time to check it out that is? ;)

Can you describe more this swerve you're talking about? Do you mean hold it diagonal to aim for the corners. I aim up or down to choose the post but I don't point to a corner. Just aim 12 o'clock or 6 o'clock.

Show me some of your examples :P

Konami need to be more transparent and put a proper manual in place. This guessing is silly but that has always been konami.

Long range shooting on 2012 is very good just this morning I hit a shot with Charlie Adams a 40 yard scorcher that landed in the net 50 inches off the ground it was hit hard and true and swerved at the end.

The problem for me is 1v1. Firstly, the keepers rush out like madmen and close the angle too well (thanks fans) so every shot is eventually rushed and the control scheme is not very intuitive left and right on the controller are not left and right left of the keeper and the body position and ball positioning are vital and lead to shots not going where you want.

PES2011 for me was the mack daddy for one on one shooting I remember running into space and going one on one against Greeces Numero uno with Ecuadors striker and having a tight angle I had the gall to slip it under his body with a R2 and quick tap of the shoot, the simplicity of the move and finish and the fact that what I thought happened shows how intuitive the controls were.. PES2013 needs to be like this or explained in the manual.

@info0: i tried everything in practice mode but i still have problem aiming the angle i want (in most cases). Maybe i need more practice :)

Anyway, to put an end regarding shoots (cause here we talk about pes 2013), i'd like to see more simplified controls in pes 2013. Like old pes. And if the aiming still remain the same, at least i'll can use the manual shooting system.

Pes 2013 first teaser: Talk is cheap, it's what happens on the pitch that counts

one month later Murphy "talks" a bit too much about how Pes 2013 is going to be better than Fifa

Just let us decide if Pes is really back.

Pes 2013 first teaser: Talk is cheap, it's what happens on the pitch that counts

one month later Murphy "talks" a bit too much about how Pes 2013 is going to be better than Fifa

Just let us decide if Pes is really back.

Did you banned on WENB?:)) Give me a source when Murphy talked how Pes 2013 will be better than FIFA.

Back
Top Bottom