PES 2013 Discussion Thread

I´ve been playing this game again, testing some things, patches and tactics and this game changes so much!
I post in console version because you can change it to, with some work.
I´ve come to conclusion that messing with team tactics is enough to make this game like new. Last match, I tuned Barça tactics and I could barely shot at the target. Lots of pressure soon as I entered the oponents half.

We can´t go for the real tactics each team uses in real life, because the engine in the game won´t let it work. Instead, it´s a trial error, messing with pressing, attack levels and wide sliders. Of course position players in the tactics screen also helps alot to avoid the big midfield gap. Some sliders really have to take extreme changes. The most notorious is indeed the pressing. It made a huge diference and I was constantly loosing line of passing in the last third. Making them play wider helps avoiding gaps on the sidelines, as PES 2013 usually puts teams too much compact and its easy to exploit.

I am still struggling right now, finding Top Player very hard (I cannot do decent dribblings to beat a man, and my passing game is also not effective) but Professional too easy.

I did dig into the detailed controls, but I feel that using bits of R2 and then sprint again is not effective because the AI is immediately charging at me when I have the ball, maybe my timing is just off and I can hardly ever wrong foot them. I don't even have time to try to wrong foot them.

I enjoy defending and usually don't get many goals, but my offense.....

Last edited:
May main problem is in some matches I can keep above +60% possession wich is not very realistic. Other then that, I´m having a good challenge.

Hi, a quick post here. Interesting to see people are going back to 2013.

I'm looking for anyone to help in completing the 1998 world cup for our Every 4 Years patch. Currently its about half finished, this will be used as the patch for the world cup 2014 on Pes 2013.

This patch will have the 2014 world cup, 2010, 2006, 2002 and hopefully 1998 in full. The current world cup will be easy to do, it's the 1998, 1994, 1990 etc.. which we need help.

I'm busy travelling so I get limited time and i don't have great internet available. All you need is W!ld's editor and you can edit the squads and create them anywhere at any time on a laptop, tablet whatever, i will send you the EDIT.bin .

You could even just type in all the heights, weights names and very basic attributes for players, left or right foot, which position did he play and so on.

Thanks for taking the time to read. Hopefully so people can help.

Also xicpanad you need to make sure all 4 of the tactic slots are set to standard so the AI will only use tactic 1.

I had a go on Winning Eleven 8 liveware Evolution and Football Kingdom last night and apart from the speed not a lot has changed in all these years. To see Roberto Carlos doing his stutter step free kick was just amazing.

Hi, a quick post here. Interesting to see people are going back to 2013.

I'm looking for anyone to help in completing the 1998 world cup for our Every 4 Years patch. Currently its about half finished, this will be used as the patch for the world cup 2014 on Pes 2013.

This patch will have the 2014 world cup, 2010, 2006, 2002 and hopefully 1998 in full. The current world cup will be easy to do, it's the 1998, 1994, 1990 etc.. which we need help.

I'm busy travelling so I get limited time and i don't have great internet available. All you need is W!ld's editor and you can edit the squads and create them anywhere at any time on a laptop, tablet whatever, i will send you the EDIT.bin .

You could even just type in all the heights, weights names and very basic attributes for players, left or right foot, which position did he play and so on.

Thanks for taking the time to read. Hopefully so people can help.

Also xicpanad you need to make sure all 4 of the tactic slots are set to standard so the AI will only use tactic 1.

Thanks Klahsman, I did realize that only teams with preset tactics changed theam. About the world cup patch, what stats will you use to choose payers atributes etc?

By the way, I´ve been playing more and more on 2013 and it feels like I can´t get back to 2014 now. Sometimes I try it but as soon as I see the first 5 minutes of a match I turn it of. I just can´t have that feeling of randomness and variety, also can´t feel the same dynamics in the match flow, shooting passing etc... Anyone feeling the same? Besides, playing with tweaked tactics makes this game so damn hard and rewarding!

Last edited:
I am still struggling right now, finding Top Player very hard (I cannot do decent dribblings to beat a man, and my passing game is also not effective) but Professional too easy.

I did dig into the detailed controls, but I feel that using bits of R2 and then sprint again is not effective because the AI is immediately charging at me when I have the ball, maybe my timing is just off and I can hardly ever wrong foot them. I don't even have time to try to wrong foot them.

I enjoy defending and usually don't get many goals, but my offense.....

Try Fake Shot, Fake Pass to beat the CPU Ai, Square then X or Circle then X. The CPU is a sucker for it.

Some matches are hard to beat, but then no goal feels cheap. Most of my goals are from long range shots, with a good shooter of course, or from creating space in the sideline, cross and hope for a good header. At the beginning of the Master League its quite hard, but later the team grows and players are more effective. Also you need to play with the offensive tactics and tune them, until your team starts to create spaces. Tactics have a big role in this game, at the least for the way I play it, and thats just wonderfull.

I feel the same. My friends and I tried PES 14 again, with the latest patch, but switched it off after two games. :(

I've seen the new 1.10 patch, it looks miles better but its still a shell of a game. Which is what it was designed to be.

The game has no dribbling, fluid running, jockeying and jogging mechanic whatsoever so it feels like a better more realistic version of FIFA on rails, without 100% scripted gameplay.

This is why the responsiveness seems poor in 2014, it's not bugs or errors at all. Its simply that players cannot transition from slow jogging, normal jogging, running, sprinting and jockeying and so on. Also with the collisions, whats interesting is on PES 2013 you can run or dribble past a player and you can be clipped slightly at a fast pace and fall in a natural way, on PES 2014 this is impossible to do since every collision while being great in its physics is at a very slow pace unless its a slide tackle. This is a great example of how PES 2014 looks to focus everything on very slow paced buildup and play, heavy tussles and correct weighted physics. This has never focused on before in any PES game. This is an important step to get right for the jump to the next generation consoles.

Keepers have been bad all year in PES 2014 because they lack the fluid movement which was available in 2013, i have no hate for PES 2014, this transition game needed to happen.

This basic element is what allows PES 2013 have that personality and depth, this was deliberately not worked on for 2014 as Konami have spent all year working hard on every element they got wrong over the generation so when the PES 2013 movement mechanics are brought back for 2015, it will finally have a engine which take it to the next level.

Hi all.

Well i went back to 13. I had 13 installed PC fully patched last year and removed it when 14 hit. But 14 has been a massive disappointment, so i reinstalled jenkeys patch and started updating all the teams and doing some global tweaks and i have to say its bloody amazing. Once you get over the stiffness of the animations, the game just feels so much better to play.

The variety of goals is great, the graphics are better, the customisation is amazing, the goal nets, the keepers, its got a lot going for it, it really has.

I just hope the patchmakers continue to knock out kist and balls and stuff, im having a blast again with this game.

Hi Jim, what setup have you got on your pes 2013? You using jenkeys tool? Or is it just patched kits and stuff on top of vanilla game?

Cheers

Hi bud,

I'm playing on PS3 with all the Data Pack updates and the Final Patch ( whichever what was) combined with the WENB Option File. Still loving the game both against CPU and especially against friends.

Last edited:
Hi bud,

I'm playing on PS4 with all the Data Pack updates and the Final Patch ( whichever what was) combined with the WENB Option File. Still loving the game both against CPU and especially against friends.

Ok cheers man.

Yeah i dont know how much of a difference it makes but im finding jenkeys tool, handy as i can tweak the ball physics and player responsiveness.

The ball weight and speed is especially handy as you can get some zip in the passing. Always felt the ball was a little light in the vanilla version.

Gotta agree though, even though the animations creak a littel (and i mean a little it just lacks some smoothness) this game has legs for years with patches and updates i reckon.

I've been playing PES2013 a lot lately, and for the first time in many years I've completed a full season in Master League.
The game has its flaws, especially regarding AI cheating constantly, but I still find it enjoyable. Been trying to play a possession game in FC Porto: 4-3-3 tactic with lots of ball possession and pressure all over the pitch, with the help of using the square button a lot when defending (which brings a second defender to help regain possession). When I do this, the team becomes even more compact and wins the ball quicker, since it reduces the space drastically. It is risky, but it's realistic and challenging, since it requires a lot of concentration. I still suffer many goals, but I was able to win the domestic league, the domestic cup and reach the Champions League final in my first season.

I've also gone back to PES 2013.

The decider for me was the hidden fake sides that appear in ML and the fact you can't use a PC tool to edit them (console version). I like having the game as realistic as possible.

I found a great XBox option file, it is right up-to-date. I've added a lot of young players - Crowley/Arsenal, Pennington/Everton, Grealish/Villa etc etc... and I am loving PES again.

Just a quick one, for those who said about injuries. I used a PC tool to edit my edit.bin and it allowed me to universally change every players injury stat. I put them all to C and I am seeing injuries on a frequent basis.

Last night I started as Villa. In pre-season, Benteke & Kozak both got injured (only for a week) but then in the 2nd game, I injured Jason Puncheon of Palace - he had to go off after trying to come back on. After the game I checked their team info and he was out for 16 weeks. So, it seems the changes are having an effect. All well and good until it's your star player or new £30 million player who gets injured for 30 weeks!!!

I've also gone back to PES 2013.

The decider for me was the hidden fake sides that appear in ML and the fact you can't use a PC tool to edit them (console version). I like having the game as realistic as possible.

I found a great XBox option file, it is right up-to-date. I've added a lot of young players - Crowley/Arsenal, Pennington/Everton, Grealish/Villa etc etc... and I am loving PES again.

Just a quick one, for those who said about injuries. I used a PC tool to edit my edit.bin and it allowed me to universally change every players injury stat. I put them all to C and I am seeing injuries on a frequent basis.

Last night I started as Villa. In pre-season, Benteke & Kozak both got injured (only for a week) but then in the 2nd game, I injured Jason Puncheon of Palace - he had to go off after trying to come back on. After the game I checked their team info and he was out for 16 weeks. So, it seems the changes are having an effect. All well and good until it's your star player or new £30 million player who gets injured for 30 weeks!!!

Couldn't trouble you for a copy of that option file? Think I've given up on pes 2014, wouldn't mind playing a bit of 2013 ML to fill the gap until 2015.

What about the online mode ? How is it !? Good or ... bad !? Today i I have bought a copy of PES 2013 just to play online .Is there 2 vs 2 !?

online should still be working, they are still running the servers for the game.

Nice, i just had a wonderful 6 hour session on PES 2013 with Everton in a master league without any transfers or caring about cups. I've finished my conclusion on the 'cheating AI'.

Teamvision shows itself it's still in the game. What happens on PES 2013 is the AI after a certain number of games starts to change it's methods of attack and give itself little boosts in certain area. I notice the AI will play in a certain way until you win, then it will change.

People complained of through balls and low power shots, this is the AI teamvision 'challenge'. They play in a counter attacking method looking for through balls until you win, you change your tactics to beat the AI then it starts to change to another method! Stopping through balls is very simply, set a narrow compactness, watch your back line corresponds with deep having no offside trap and a high line with offside trap and pressure setup properly. There will be issues with stats boosts with the AI being extra clinical and superman at times, try kill their moment, if you can foul them and get away with it do!

Also if you have a center back who is good enough deal with the striker, set him to man mark the striker. Be careful, every player is different so there is no point man marking an illusive striker or forwards who move about, this works better for target men, again the center back needs to be good in stats compared to the attacker.

online should still be working, they are still running the servers for the game.

Nice, i just had a wonderful 6 hour session on PES 2013 with Everton in a master league without any transfers or caring about cups. I've finished my conclusion on the 'cheating AI'.

Teamvision shows itself it's still in the game. What happens on PES 2013 is the AI after a certain number of games starts to change it's methods of attack and give itself little boosts in certain area. I notice the AI will play in a certain way until you win, then it will change.

People complained of through balls and low power shots, this is the AI teamvision 'challenge'. They play in a counter attacking method looking for through balls until you win, you change your tactics to beat the AI then it starts to change to another method! Stopping through balls is very simply, set a narrow compactness, watch your back line corresponds with deep having no offside trap and a high line with offside trap and pressure setup properly. There will be issues with stats boosts with the AI being extra clinical and superman at times, try kill their moment, if you can foul them and get away with it do!

Also if you have a center back who is good enough deal with the striker, set him to man mark the striker. Be careful, every player is different so there is no point man marking an illusive striker or forwards who move about, this works better for target men, again the center back needs to be good in stats compared to the attacker.

Yes, they are ON, (for PC) but the problem is .. the 95 % of players (that mean all 30 players )in the servers are from Africa or Asia... and connection is really poor, lag is like nightmare and yes... its a " through balls " fest.

When it comes to bad scripting, does write-protecting the option.bin file on the PC do anything useful, or was that just placebo?

I've tried it, it works since the CPU cant change the gameplay based on previous results because the option file which logs the results cant be modified or saved.

Back
Top Bottom