PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

I actually find Superstar to be well balanced. I don't win that many in my master league but then again my team is in the 2nd season and not that great. I draw or lose to the top teams and have enough chances to beat the average to crap teams. Sounds about right to me.

How about playing on a lower level than superstar? From Konami's perspective, they have to react to complaints that their game is too easy by making the hardest levels tougher. These levels aren't necessarily designed for occasional or casual players.

I am not an occasional player at all, i was an hardcore player, and still i am in old pes games. Not having time to play too often do not necessarely means i am a casual player. And i didnt say i dont want a challenge, but that i dont want to lose matches cause of the CPU cheating or cause Konami wants me to play the game in the way they want. If i play quarter finals of world cup against brazil and i get smashed 5-0 cause i played poor football its ok. If i constantly get the 4th position in the world cup group stage no matter who is in the group with me, then thats not what i call a challenge. I know many people menaged to solve the problem, learning how to play, or really looking deeply into the tactics, but it just simply wont work for me. Tactics should be made to let you create your own style of play, your own ideas of football. For example trapattoni is very difensive, guardiola is more for spectacular football, and both of them have own many trophies.

I am not an occasional player at all, i was an hardcore player, and still i am in old pes games. Not having time to play too often do not necessarely means i am a casual player. And i didnt say i dont want a challenge, but that i dont want to lose matches cause of the CPU cheating or cause Konami wants me to play the game in the way they want. If i play quarter finals of world cup against brazil and i get smashed 5-0 cause i played poor football its ok. If i constantly get the 4th position in the world cup group stage no matter who is in the group with me, then thats not what i call a challenge. I know many people menaged to solve the problem, learning how to play, or really looking deeply into the tactics, but it just simply wont work for me. Tactics should be made to let you create your own style of play, your own ideas of football. For example trapattoni is very difensive, guardiola is more for spectacular football, and both of them have own many trophies.

Cheating is actually very little in PES 2012 after patch 1.03 and 1.06. I'm playing on superstar and I can prevent goals happening through "super-dribbling", freekicks and cornerkicks.

The only problem I can't yet control is the goalkeeper sometimes parries a shot into the legs of nearby-strikers.

Here's how to prevent most goals:

1. "Superdribbling":

Don't use the run-button. Then just position a defender in front of the dribbler and make him stay balanced and focused without wavering left nor right. Don't use the containment-button, since this works only against lowskilled dribblers. Don't use the tackle-button , since this would be just an invitation for the dribbler to outstep your tackle. Sometimes using the slide-tackle can help, but only outside the goal-area since it can end in a committed foul.

The other important aspect is to set compact-level on 9 or lower in the tacticsmenu. And in the tactical help screen you should set Attack-Defense-levelon defensive.

2. Freekicks:

Select the goalkeeper and position him in the middle of the goal and then deselect him and press the shoot-button at the right time to let the wall jump at the right time. This will prevent 90% or more of the freekick-goals.

3. Cornerkicks:

When the opponent hits the ball and the ball is in mid-air (in the middle), press the shoot-button once. This will cause your defenders to get closer to the potential headers. Then when the ball is nearly there, press the shootbutton multiple times in quick succession. This will cause your defenders to jump for the ball and try to clear it. It will disturb the attacking headers so they can't get enough power and aim to their heading.

Don't try to influence the positioning of your defenders by using the left-stick, this will only confuse them and leave gaps. Trust the automatic movements and just use the shoot-button in the described manner.

90% of the cornerkickgoals or more are prevented this way.

I don't care about screenshots
show us the game in movement, that's the real problem with pes graphics

I second that, stills don't tell me anything. An unedited gameplay-match-video using widecam for about a minute or more is what tells something.

Now it's almost as if I'm being competetive with the game, thinking somehow that I don't properly beat the game unless it's on a higher setting.
So I'm not the only one.. :D

It still drives me crazy sometimes but when it's brilliant it truly is.
I completely agree with this! When you're in control of a match, playing nice football and creating chances the feeling you get is truly brilliant.

Sometimes it's ruined because of minor bugs especially (in my case) when I do step-overs and quickly after do a through ball. The ball is just tiddled about the distance of 1 metre and breaks down the play. Does this happen to anyone else too? Hope they fix that. I'd also love to see the International Challenge Mode from PES6 in PES 2013. ;)

One thing is for sure...lighting system remains the same. Players still look like zombies. Hopefully the thin female-supermodel waists are gone.

If you focus on Ronaldo, it looks pretty much the same thing on both screens.

Like face and 3D model.. yeah but.. the detail level, the texture,the lights are much, much better in the second one, feel more realistic .In first ," the new one " look more like PES 2012 with unrealistic , drawn players, textures and lights.

Last edited:

I didn't expect a pic as good as the first screenshots. I know they were bullshots, but I expected something more refined in terms o lighting and something that looks as sharp as the bullshots.

But anyway, despite of graphics being too similar to pes 2012, there can always be a difference from the normal gameplay view, and I think there will be some tweaks that will make the graphics slightly better.

I just hope that the PS3 version has sharper graphics this year, something that realy looks a true HD game, for God's sake.

Still can't believe it's an intro from PES4... I was expecting such gameplay back then xD.

Haha good old times. Shame on KONAMI though, they never reached that level in any game... ;)

Btw PES 5 or 6 was the last PES where I saw t-shirts/shorts getting dirtied by mud/rain and grass when you slide tackled.

Those little things make the game too and add to realism ;).

Last edited:

Whos cares about 1 screenshot?

PES graphics have always been good close up but recently it been poor from afar.And since we play from afar more often,it means more.

Plus in motion it looks alot worse.Tell us about gameplay.

Oh FFS I say it every year, those are pre-rendered images, not screenshots of the actual gameplay!

https://www.konami-pes2012.com/eu/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/PES2013_Preview_Screenshot_May29.jpg
I hope it to be from PES 2012, Konami to make some mistake becous its far from quality that what they show first time
http://winningelevenblog.com/files/2012/04/PES2013_Screenshot_002.jpg

I'm not sure you know how PR and renders work. Those "first screens" that Konami showed aren't screens of the actual game. They're just showcasing Ronaldo's 3D model, which will obviously not be of the same quality in-game. They're created to advertise the game, be it through screens or videos, nothing else.

Still can't believe it's an intro from PES4... I was expecting such gameplay back then xD.

Haha good old times. Shame on KONAMI though, they never reached that level in any game... ;)

Btw PES 5 or 6 was the last PES where I saw t-shirts/shorts getting dirtied by mud/rain and grass when you slide tackled.

Those little things make the game too and add to realism ;).

I agree, as well as other things like snow and mix kits! :)

I'm not sure you know how PR and renders work. Those "first screens" that Konami showed aren't screens of the actual game. They're just showcasing Ronaldo's 3D model, which will obviously not be of the same quality in-game. They're created to advertise the game, be it through screens or videos, nothing else.

:D Ofcorse i know ;)
something like that
burger_king_ads_vs_reality.jpg

But these are Konam, man. They are lying to us? They love their fans? Right? Or? .... It is past?

:D Ofcorse i know ;)
something like that
burger_king_ads_vs_reality.jpg

But these are Konam, man. They are lying to us? They love their fans? Right? Or? .... It is past?

They're not lying, it's no different than this:

pes-4-wallpapers_1982qoj1u.jpg

cl953_pes-4-2thumbps7z5.jpg

It just so happens that as tech evolves, in-game graphics will look closer and closer to renders.

My only problem with the reveal trailer wasn't the character model, it was obvious that the in-game assets wouldn't be that good, but the way it moved, because I very much doubt it will be close at all. Especially with Konami's horrible track record this generation. Then again, it is a reveal trailer filled with bull, might as well wait for some proper footage of the game being played.

Last edited:

I found that if you have condition on random and your team is poor and cpu is excellent theres little you can do. the computer seems to score pre determined goals, but its just that the stats are higher than yours and they are sharper in shooting passing and reacting. i played one game against Nicosia and i swear it was insane. they battered me, shot after shot, all one touch, crazy speed, crazy pressure, i nearly went mental.

So next game i set up the two teams but stick me on random and them on terrible and i won 3-0 at a canter. They were slower, ponderous, sloppy in possesion and wasteful. Their keeper was poor too, spilling a lot and not dealing with things like he was previously. think it has something to do with that.

Tomorrow we should see game play

I'm willing to bet we'll see edited bits of gameplay, to make the game look great, but that's still no evidence for anything.
Unless they bust out a showcase of 1 half of a game.

Is it just me or does anyone else think the point of that photo is to show off the fact that we can play against the South American teams outside of Copa Libertadores mode? I don't think we can do that now can we?

If that's the case, I wonder why people have ignored it in favour of complaining that the game won't look like that. Can't see the forest for the trees :P

Is it just me or does anyone else think the point of that photo is to show off the fact that we can play against the South American teams outside of Copa Libertadores mode? I don't think we can do that now can we?

If that's the case, I wonder why people have ignored it in favour of complaining that the game won't look like that. Can't see the forest for the trees :P

It's probably because the screenshot shows Real Madrid against Malaga.

lol - I couldn't work out who the team was so I was having a stab in the dark :P

Obviously I got myself in the foot...

Sometimes it's ruined because of minor bugs especially (in my case) when I do step-overs and quickly after do a through ball. The ball is just tiddled about the distance of 1 metre and breaks down the play. Does this happen to anyone else too? Hope they fix that. I'd also love to see the International Challenge Mode from PES6 in PES 2013. ;)

^^^ YES YES YES!!!!!!
This happens to me all the time, and its so f^&^%&*g annoying!!!
you pick the ball up in the middle iof the park, spot your CF lurking off the shoulder of the defender, you press the R3 Assisted run button, then try and through ball and ....................... PLOP! the ball rolls 2 yards, chance gone.

Kinda glad its not just me.

Here are some new pictures. To me they say nothing. Would rather see a gameplay video, a real gameplay video without touch-ups. http://pesfan.it/

EDIT: Dunno if you guys have already seen this pic, anyway I'll post it here. :)
2012-05-09_124244_2_jpg_0x0_watermark-big_q85.jpg

Last edited:

^^^ YES YES YES!!!!!!
This happens to me all the time, and its so f^&^%&*g annoying!!!
you pick the ball up in the middle iof the park, spot your CF lurking off the shoulder of the defender, you press the R3 Assisted run button, then try and through ball and ....................... PLOP! the ball rolls 2 yards, chance gone.

Kinda glad its not just me.

This happens to me too, though it's happened in the past where I use the right stick to make another player to an off-the-ball run, only for the game to simultaneously make the guy with the ball do a step over at the same time. I presume it's reading two inputs at once somehow, but I don't notice until I play a pass and it rolls a couple of feet in front of him. Grrr!

Hope stuff like this is sorted in PES2013.

So is everyone on the hype train or are we all being a little more mature this year?

Back
Top Bottom