PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Some of my Master League Ideas. Part 1

My Master League ideas (No Be a Boss or BAL)
These will be the game modes of the Master league

Master League Be a team.
In this mode you will have two choices:
Build A team: You will be able to create your own team with this steps

Edit a name: EX (Konami FC)

Edit Kits: Colors, Images, logos, and shirt numbers that your kit will feature

Create or choose a Stadium: basically the same as the one in the editor, but it will be restricted since it will only let you build a small stadium for your D2 Team or choose one from the predefined generical small stadiums

Which players will be in your team? In this case, you will be able to start with the Konami default players or you will be able to create your own ones, in this option, the CPU will generate 20 players with lower stats, the only thing editable will be the nationality, age, name, and their body (face, hair, and physique).

Classic Master League: Choose a team from any league and aim to be the best of the world with the official squads or take a challenge with the Konami default players (The one from PES 2012)

Master League Be A Coach
In this mode you will be able only to create a coach and decide its appearance and clothes, then the CPU will give you a choice of lower teams and after you choose one, you will start your career as a coach aiming to be offered to higher class clubs and getting reputation until you become the best of the world.

Characters, Elements and game play of the Master League
Characters:
Coach, Athletic Trainer, Club Doctor, Scout, President, Female assistant, random people,

What will they be their job?
The Coach will be the same as PES 2012; he will be helping with tactical management and will suggest ideas in order to improve the team

The Athletic Trainer will help you training your team in the PES 2012 training system (overall), but also will be training player attributes that needs to be improved, also he will suggest the training scheme depending on the team you’ll face.

The Club Doctor will be the one to keep your team in shape, and he will be able to rid of injuries and sometimes suggestions for giving rest to some of the team players.

The Scout is the guy who may bring the best players to your team, but now you will be able to give orders to check desired players progress, so now you will be able to make better transfers, avoiding wasting money in players that you thought were ideal for your team and that didn’t give the expected answer.

The president will have different behavior, for example small teams president will be patient and will always ask you for evading relegation, or conquering promotion for the first division, while presidents from bigger teams like Barça will ask you to Win every cup/ league you play, and they won’t have much patience.

The female assistant will have many roles, for example:
She will inform you about the interest of companies to sponsor your team.
She will receive e-mails from other confederations asking permission to get some players of your team.
She will receive invitations for friendly matches or cups.
She will receive financial information.
She will receive information about player nominations (UEFA, Domestic League, for example)

The random people, are the fans, they will act depending on team performances, for example:

A kid asking to his dad to take him to the stadium
A person asking for an autograph
People complaining of negative results
People arriving to the stadium
People watching the game at a bar
People in the stadium
People waiting for the team at the airport
People celebrating with the team in a parade

Gameplay will be post later.

Today I was Bayern and was in my black away kit. Any guesses what colour the ref turned up in? Thats right. Black.

In another game I was in my red kit and the away team were in white. Any guesses what colour the away keepers kit was? thats right Red. Any guesses what colour my keepers kit was? Thats right. White.

These stupid errors have to be ironed out for PES13

Also it would be nice in PES13 if the ref was worked on. He dont blow a whistle, he points the wrong way for whose ball it is. He gets in the way.He is always miles behind the play and comes running into shot a few seconds after the foul has been made.The ref is a waste of time. Make him blow a whistle! Nothing more annoying that ref being on screen at full time yet he just stands there as the full time whistle goes.

Stupid things like this make PES12 look so dated and unfinished. Lets hope it dont happen in PES13

I'm willing to bet my house, my car and even my gf that this won't be addressed at all.It's part of the simplest yet so infuriating things to correct in the game.
Are Konami full of idiots to not spot it ? It's like the elephant in the room but this time the elephant takes a very stinking fart

The question is, will KONAMI do their talking on the pitch? Or will they make a bunch of cheap talk...

Since the engine of PES 2013 will be the same as for PES 2012, it's best not to expect too much. For example I don't expect the animation to be a revelation or that the multiple issues like playerswitching or ballphysics will be throughly fixed.

Those major changes as well as having three kits for every team won't happen until the nextgen-PES in next year.

What we can expect for PES 2012 is a better goalkeeper and a less railed gameplay, ie. it will be possible to leave the rails without using supercancel, judging from WENB's insider-infos.

Better to have low expectations than to be massively disappointed.

I would love to believe in KONAMI for once... They have the access to one of biggest gaming engines around atm (FOX Engine from Kojima). If they use only some parts of it... PES 2013 could be a masterpiece when it comes to realistic animations/shadows/lightning.

And before you go about FOX was meant for different types of games, yes, so was CryEngine and Unreal engine 3, but you could see them being used for other games too.

PES has got football right, but represents it in horrid manner.

FIFA is the exact opposite.

Since the engine of PES 2013 will be the same as for PES 2012, it's best not to expect too much. For example I don't expect the animation to be a revelation or that the multiple issues like playerswitching or ballphysics will be throughly fixed.

Those major changes as well as having three kits for every team won't happen until the nextgen-PES in next year.

What we can expect for PES 2012 is a better goalkeeper and a less railed gameplay, ie. it will be possible to leave the rails without using supercancel, judging from WENB's insider-infos.

Better to have low expectations than to be massively disappointed.

I don't think a realistic ball physics and a better L1/LB switching have anything to do with a new engine.

I would love to believe in KONAMI for once... They have the access to one of biggest gaming engines around atm (FOX Engine from Kojima). If they use only some parts of it... PES 2013 could be a masterpiece when it comes to realistic animations/shadows/lightning.

And before you go about FOX was meant for different types of games, yes, so was CryEngine and Unreal engine 3, but you could see them being used for other games too.

PES has got football right, but represents it in horrid manner.

FIFA is the exact opposite.

The japanese companies don't like to share engines to other teams inside the same company, so I don't think anything will happen in that regard. Konami has a baseball-game with very good animation, but still nothing of that showed up in PES so...

I absolutely hate the goalkeepers in PES 2012! Yes, with patch 1.03 and 1.06 they are much better than in 1.00 but still they are stupid as hell whenever something out of the order happens, like deflections or when parrying balls headed by the opponent, regardless of the strength of the heading, they get into problems, not able to hold the ball in their hands.

The absolute highlight yesterday was when the ball was reflected from one of the posts and then hitting the back of the goalkeeper, the ball threatening to roll over the line. The goalkeeper actually reacts and I think: "Hmm, good, better than in 1.00", where he wouldn't react at all. He tries to prevent the ball from going over the line, jumps to it with both hands stretched to the ball...

only to grab the ball but push it further over the line, because the inertia pushed his whole body further:RANT:.

Regarding the inertia, it makes sense, it's logical and physically correct, but every goalkeeper under the sun knows about inertia in that situation and adapts to it by grabbing the ball and pulling it back, counteracting the effect of the inertia or if necessary pushing the ball with one hand into the side-out... doing anything to prevent the ball from crossing the line... but in the game the goalkeepers are pathetic.

Playerswitching is the other big problem, and I don't mean the playerswitching-issues when we want to select a player by pressing the button for it, but the switching that happens when making a pass, highball or throughball and the CPU chooses who the recipient should be.

The game totally fails in that regard in 5/10 cases, it's utterly rediculous, cause these things worked perfectly in the old PES -games on PS2.

Just an example: I make a throughball on the wings for one of my wingman-players... and then the game decides that the recipient should be an offensive player from the middle, and he runs from the middle to the right wing to get to the ball that was never meant for him:RANT:. Even deselecting and choosing the wingman doesn't stop him.:FAIL:

Then there are the issues with control-input-reaction, for example:
I make a throughball to an offensive player who gets through unchallenged and I want him to shoot the ball without taking it under control, ie. a direct shot. Therefore I press the shoot-button before he gets to the ball. What happens? He throws himself onto the ground, slides towards the ball and makes an extremely weak shot. What the hell?:RANT:
The only circumstance such a maneuver is ok is when a defender is running alongside one and the slide is the only way to get contact with the ball before the defender does or when the goalkeeper is near the ball and again the only way to get to the ball first... but in all other circumstances a normal run-up to the ball and a normal strong shot is the norm.

Other input-issues are when reacting to crosses: My player is unchallenged and free, a cross comes perfectly into his direction and I press the shoot/heading-button and the player jumps into empty air. What the hell?:RANT:

I don't expect that every heading should be automatically a goal, but I expect from my players to be able to connect their head to the ball, even more so when unchallenged and free... The resulting force and aim of the heading should be dependent on stats, body-balance...

Again other input-issues happen when a player got the ball for whom the game didn't think he would get the ball: The game has certain play-scenarios built in for attacking, ie. for attacking through the wings or through the middle. That's normal, reallife teams train certain standard-maneuvers and play them like after a book on the pitch, but in the game when it happens that the ball doesn't get to the one who was intended to get the ball according to the planned maneuver, the input-reaction is delayed if not completely off. :FAIL:

That is not realistic, in real-life when a maneuver doesn't go as planned, players adapt and improvise immediately.

There are a lot of these small and bigger issues, that I have given up hope that it can be all fixed within the same engine. A new engine with a fresh approach is imho needed to get it all working.

Last edited:

Whover decided to switch camera angles on broadcast needs to be fucking shot. That is, without doubt, one of the most infuriating decisions i have ever seen in a game. Ever.

And its a shame because that angle is good. Why the felt the need to switch it when you are on the wings is almost unforgivable. the amount of times i have lost the ball in those areas when its switched.

So angry.

And its a shame because this game, when its good is very good. I just scored a lovely goal with Saurez, a curler along the deck, side foot, but i dont know how i did it. Shooting is so very random.

Here's an interview with Christiano Ronaldo talking about PES 2013:

http://www.onlyproevolutions.com/20...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

JVN: Do you play PES the same way as you play in real life?
CR7: On PES, you can do more tricks, you can do more funny things. But while you are on the pitch, you have to concentrate and you have to do much simpler things.

Why haven't Konami's developers applied this wisdom in the game?

FOX Engine isn't even finished yet and nobody except Kojima Productions have any clue regarding it's quality and potential as middleware, or lack there of. Where you came up with this "biggest game engine" nonsense is beyond me. How do you know this? A few under-sized screenshots designed to impress are hardly evidence of this fact.

On top of that, for all we know, FOX Engine is proprietary to KP and will only be used in their games. Kojima decides.

And speaking of the Japanese approach to games development, Seabass added that he believes Japanese games development could learn a thing or two from the West.

“Right now next to us we have the Kojima Productions team but quite frankly we don't share game influence or information,” he admitted. “Sure the game's totally different, but we don't share game engines or anything like that. In my imagination at least I think EA share game engines amongst their Madden games and other sports games.

Back in 2008, they weren't sharing anything. If the situation has changed at all, nobody outside Konami knows.

If the PES team want to have a shot a being relevant next-gen, they need to build something from the ground up, by themselves, for themselves, that realizes their vision of a football game.

Last edited:

The japanese companies don't like to share engines to other teams inside the same company, so I don't think anything will happen in that regard. Konami has a baseball-game with very good animation, but still nothing of that showed up in PES so...

I absolutely hate the goalkeepers in PES 2012! Yes, with patch 1.03 and 1.06 they are much better than in 1.00 but still they are stupid as hell whenever something out of the order happens, like deflections or when parrying balls headed by the opponent, regardless of the strength of the heading, they get into problems, not able to hold the ball in their hands.

The absolute highlight yesterday was when the ball was reflected from one of the posts and then hitting the back of the goalkeeper, the ball threatening to roll over the line. The goalkeeper actually reacts and I think: "Hmm, good, better than in 1.00", where he wouldn't react at all. He tries to prevent the ball from going over the line, jumps to it with both hands stretched to the ball...

only to grab the ball but push it further over the line, because the inertia pushed his whole body further:RANT:.

Regarding the inertia, it makes sense, it's logical and physically correct, but every goalkeeper under the sun knows about inertia in that situation and adapts to it by grabbing the ball and pulling it back, counteracting the effect of the inertia or if necessary pushing the ball with one hand into the side-out... doing anything to prevent the ball from crossing the line... but in the game the goalkeepers are pathetic.

Playerswitching is the other big problem, and I don't mean the playerswitching-issues when we want to select a player by pressing the button for it, but the switching that happens when making a pass, highball or throughball and the CPU chooses who the recipient should be.

The game totally fails in that regard in 5/10 cases, it's utterly rediculous, cause these things worked perfectly in the old PES -games on PS2.

Just an example: I make a throughball on the wings for one of my wingman-players... and then the game decides that the recipient should be an offensive player from the middle, and he runs from the middle to the right wing to get to the ball that was never meant for him:RANT:. Even deselecting and choosing the wingman doesn't stop him.:FAIL:

Then there are the issues with control-input-reaction, for example:
I make a throughball to an offensive player who gets through unchallenged and I want him to shoot the ball without taking it under control, ie. a direct shot. Therefore I press the shoot-button before he gets to the ball. What happens? He throws himself onto the ground, slides towards the ball and makes an extremely weak shot. What the hell?:RANT:
The only circumstance such a maneuver is ok is when a defender is running alongside one and the slide is the only way to get contact with the ball before the defender does or when the goalkeeper is near the ball and again the only way to get to the ball first... but in all other circumstances a normal run-up to the ball and a normal strong shot is the norm.

Other input-issues are when reacting to crosses: My player is unchallenged and free, a cross comes perfectly into his direction and I press the shoot/heading-button and the player jumps into empty air. What the hell?:RANT:

I don't expect that every heading should be automatically a goal, but I expect from my players to be able to connect their head to the ball, even more so when unchallenged and free... The resulting force and aim of the heading should be dependent on stats, body-balance...

Again other input-issues happen when a player got the ball for whom the game didn't think he would get the ball: The game has certain play-scenarios built in for attacking, ie. for attacking through the wings or through the middle. That's normal, reallife teams train certain standard-maneuvers and play them like after a book on the pitch, but in the game when it happens that the ball doesn't get to the one who was intended to get the ball according to the planned maneuver, the input-reaction is delayed if not completely off. :FAIL:

That is not realistic, in real-life when a maneuver doesn't go as planned, players adapt and improvise immediately.

There are a lot of these small and bigger issues, that I have given up hope that it can be all fixed within the same engine. A new engine with a fresh approach is imho needed to get it all working.

Yeah i hear you in relation to the shooting. There are scores of posts on it but i really hope Konami can come up with something less counter intuitive when it comes to shooting mechanics for 2013. This years has made me want to tear my hair out at times. Just give us proper control over the general direction that we shoot, make the power bar less touch sensitive so that less shots are hit up in the air and add a few new animations and this will go some way to improving the experience for me.

Also sort out the defending. I like the jockying feature but the lack of any real timed standing tackle means that too often you are trying to launch your defender into the attacker to try and steal the ball. Half the time all your defender actually ends up doing is rubbing himself up and down the attacker like some demented sex pest without actually troubling the ball. The over-powered dribbling really highlights how poorly implemented one on one defending is.

I also find that super cancel is not enough to remove your defenders from the "rails" quickly enough to deal with elementary through balls. I hope that this is being looked in to with a view to making it sipler for you to get defenders to react to through balls and loose balls.

Adam wrote:
Big 2 weeks ahead guys.

To be honest I'm nowhere near ready. Exhausted isn't the word, been caught up in Ghost Recon.

But listen, it would be good if you guys could spread some information for me. The next 2 weeks are going to be massive. The best hint I can give you is that the embargo drop is easily the least exciting release of info coming.

Konami will show you the game (a lot), detail the vision, and you'll meet some important people that are driving the series forward.

I think the message from E3, and going forward is that with PES 2013 Konami are trying to have a year of tranquility, where they enhance what they achieved last year, but going forward the series is in a wonderful place.

Oh, and don't wait for the embargo drop on Wednesday. May 30th is the official date, but expect official Konami channels to tease early.

Last edited by a moderator:

So i picked this up last week as a change from Fifa which i love. After hearing about patch 1.06 and not being impressed by demo i went out and picked this up.

Patched it up ready to go.

Firstly, i'll say i have always preferred the graphic look of pes over fifa. The players are nice and big and look well proportioned. When the proper kits are on, its a joy to look at. The graphics themselves, well ive seen better from pes, they are a little lo res to me, but still enjoyable. The atmosphere is nice, has a good feel. I feel the nets look a bit poor, they look fuzzy.

Anyway onto the game. After having an initial dip after a very good start i have acclimatized to the game, and its a very good game indeed, compared to 2011. Theres a lovely array of goals you can score and the gameplay is challenging, but sometimes not in a good way.

I think Konami are soooo close to having a real game on their hands here, they have a lot of really good stuff in place. I like the animations, the feel, the large players, the individuality, it just needs more polish.

The keepers are better but still need more variety in saves. They need to loose that stumble challenge which is really annoying and i think introducing a seperate ball speed would be good. Tidy up the players running animation so they look like there strides are a bit longer and less shuffly and sort out some of the a.i, which at times turn it on and become impossible to handle.

Camera angles are good, the broadcast is best but dump the stupid corner cam angle, it's horrible and can actually bugger up your game. It doesnt need it at all.

All in all im enjoying this, its a really nice alternative to fifa. I dont think the two can be compared, i think they both bring something new to the table.

Last edited:

I'm very interested to see what PES will be like this year, well, like any other year I suppose. It's just that I seem to remember them saying last time they would cater to the hardcore PES gamers, and you could say they did excactly that. When you are ready to put enough work into this game it is immense, absolutely fantastic even. But it takes such a long time, at least it did for me, to really get into it. I can imagine countless players just giving up on the way, and at the same time bashing the game for not being good enough - Well I don't have to imagine it, there has been plenty of that on these message boards.

So while the true hardcore have stuck to the game and some found it to be very good, I imagine Konami will look to have the next one more accessible. It's the balance between these two, the game being challenging, but still open for more casual players, that they will have to find, to make everyone happy.

I'm very interested to see what PES will be like this year, well, like any other year I suppose. It's just that I seem to remember them saying last time they would cater to the hardcore PES gamers, and you could say they did excactly that. When you are ready to put enough work into this game it is immense, absolutely fantastic even. But it takes such a long time, at least it did for me, to really get into it. I can imagine countless players just giving up on the way, and at the same time bashing the game for not being good enough - Well I don't have to imagine it, there has been plenty of that on these message boards.

So while the true hardcore have stuck to the game and some found it to be very good, I imagine Konami will look to have the next one more accessible. It's the balance between these two, the game being challenging, but still open for more casual players, that they will have to find, to make everyone happy.

I just think that this is not much the case for online gameplay atm. I think they still want to cater the casual crowd, and the online has always been the main part of the game to satisfy the casual football fans (this is fundemental to have success in the market these days), but this year it seams that they want to replicate the speed of players movement/dribbling of real life, so it will be interesting to see how much impact this will cause in online gameplay.

But if the standard passing requires no skills like in pes2012 and defending still is unbalanced and way too rewardable for blind and ilogical high pressure tatics, online mode will be a dead mode for me again.

Last edited:
Too much is made of online gaming. We didn't have it for 20 years do why the big deal.
If Pes13 is amazing - the best one ever - offline but unplayable online then I'll happily take that.

All my friend buy FIFA only for Online play , they are PES fans and hate FIFA , but.. they buy it to play UT or 11 vs 11 clubs . Online is that what sell games present days.

No matter how good gameplay you have, if not the average user, or hard core fans can to share it with friends, enjoy with friends, everything is meaningless. And yet , the most enjoyment experiences for my with PES series have been sleepless nights and days playing PES 6 co-op master league 4 vs CPU .
Without HUGE online mode, PES will be just dying slowly trace of a glorious past .

Last edited:

Too much is made of online gaming. We didn't have it for 20 years do why the big deal.
If Pes13 is amazing - the best one ever - offline but unplayable online then I'll happily take that.

Yeah... If the gamplay offline is realistic and fun, I'm fine with it. I don't care about online competition tbh, even if online gameplay is relatively realistic and challenging for everyone (wich I seriously doubt that this could happen some day), because people will always find a way to cheat somehow.

I'd love to see CPU playing with more variety and more like human to make the offline experience really addicting. Let's see if Konami can achieve this in PES2013.

Last edited:

Yeah I tend to forget the online aspect of the game since I hardly use it. But I have to face the fact that it's a huge part of gaming today so I hope they make amends in that area.

Yeah I tend to forget the online aspect of the game since I hardly use it. But I have to face the fact that it's a huge part of gaming today so I hope they make amends in that area.

For every cheat online you will always find a fair player where you can have great competitive matches. Offline gives your great game occasionally but nothing matches the great games had against an opponent online or even offline between friends.

I'm one of those guys that gave up after a while of being constantly kicked in the ass by the CPU, often in a very unrealistic way (like playing with Italy against any of the small Asian countries and being beaten 4-0 on superstar level).
I was always one of the best players between my friends in all versions of pes, but this one i really didnt have time to get used to it, so i just sold it after 2 months. Konami must keep in mind that a lot of Pes players are grown up, we work, we study or whatever, and making a game that takes ages to just learn how to beat even small teams is not the way to go. I am not saying that after a week of playing it i should win the world cup using Uzbekistan, but at least let me play the way i want with Italy and let me challenge for it, maybe sometimes getting good results, sometimes getting out of the cup at first round, sometimes win it. Well, thats all. Probably i will get a lot of guys moaning at me that i just need to play the way it is supposed to be played, but the what is the fun of playing if i have to play in a style i dont like? Anyway, i do hope my opinion will be respected as i try to respect who truly like pes2012. Just i hope to get a pes 2013 that will be more enjoyable for me

I'm not sure I quite meant it when I said "The true hardcore". Better wording would be "The extremely stubborn." I really think this game could have fallen either side of the line for me, it still drives me crazy sometimes but when it's brilliant it truly is.

I'm one of those guys that gave up after a while of being constantly kicked in the ass by the CPU, often in a very unrealistic way (like playing with Italy against any of the small Asian countries and being beaten 4-0 on superstar level).
I was always one of the best players between my friends in all versions of pes, but this one i really didnt have time to get used to it, so i just sold it after 2 months. Konami must keep in mind that a lot of Pes players are grown up, we work, we study or whatever, and making a game that takes ages to just learn how to beat even small teams is not the way to go. I am not saying that after a week of playing it i should win the world cup using Uzbekistan, but at least let me play the way i want with Italy and let me challenge for it, maybe sometimes getting good results, sometimes getting out of the cup at first round, sometimes win it. Well, thats all. Probably i will get a lot of guys moaning at me that i just need to play the way it is supposed to be played, but the what is the fun of playing if i have to play in a style i dont like? Anyway, i do hope my opinion will be respected as i try to respect who truly like pes2012. Just i hope to get a pes 2013 that will be more enjoyable for me

How about playing on a lower level than superstar? From Konami's perspective, they have to react to complaints that their game is too easy by making the hardest levels tougher. These levels aren't necessarily designed for occasional or casual players.

I used to think like that. But this year, I've started to play online "just to see", and it caught me. It's been moths since I don't play anything offline. Just quick play, not Master League or Championship. It is the first time I play PES online this hard and I'm not comming back, playing against computer is nosense for me now.

How about playing on a lower level than superstar? From Konami's perspective, they have to react to complaints that their game is too easy by making the hardest levels tougher. These levels aren't necessarily designed for occasional or casual players.

Yeah I'd agree with that, back in the day when I played PES on PS2, I pretty much admitted I was shit at games and played mostly on Regular, occasionally moving up to Pro when my ML became too good. Now it's almost as if I'm being competetive with the game, thinking somehow that I don't properly beat the game unless it's on a higher setting, which to me is just silly, because it really doesn't matter.

The only issue Konami need to get right is the balance between the settings. It's the same for other sports titles IMO, regular difficulty is just too easy this year, Professional is a nicer balance but can kick you in the ass too many times.

Either way, I played PES2011 on Top Player again in ML when I started winning all the time but on 2012 I haven't been so much as tempted to try Top Player or Superstar. I've no desire to torture myself! :P

The problem isn't always the difficulty on it's own but rather the way CPU cheats on higher difficulties. It takes away the simulation aspect.

That's exactly my point, on higher levels it feels for me to be virtually impossible to stop those goals that seem pre-determined, but when those goals don't exist on lower settings, then it's far too easy to win. There's the balancing issue right there.

Back
Top Bottom