PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

What's all this talk of a catch-up 'bug'? You do know it's a deliberate feature of PES and not a bug, don't you? Is there some new-fangled usage of the term 'bug' that I'm behind the times with?!

I don't think we'll see 'catch-up' disappearing from PES anytime soon. They gave us pace that actually meant something in PES2008 and look what happened.

Yeah, I know it's a gamedesign-decision, but the term cathcup-bug is just so common so we use it in the hope that this gamedesign-decision will someday be overturned.

And I don't see why it shouldn't be overturned when a) a better defense-AI is in place to deal with fast attackers and b) a realtime twotiered stamina/fatigue-system is in place to make it all realistic so that it doesn't devolve into a sprint-fest.

What's all this talk of a catch-up 'bug'? You do know it's a deliberate feature of PES and not a bug, don't you? Is there some new-fangled usage of the term 'bug' that I'm behind the times with?!

I don't think we'll see 'catch-up' disappearing from PES anytime soon. They gave us pace that actually meant something in PES2008 and look what happened.

Exactly.

Artistic licence to prevent a move away from the philosophy of football. Quick players are still relevant, especially over the first five yards.

Exactly.

Artistic licence to prevent a move away from the philosophy of football. Quick players are still relevant, especially over the first five yards.

The challenge is to find out what makes real football work regarding fast attackers and to implement that in the game.

What stops in real life football fast attackers from waltzing over the defense and making a dozen goals per match?

Various things happen defensively when facing fast players, but the most obvious one is that these players are not great dribblers and so the defenders "glue" to them when they have the ball in close quarters, but leave a few yards to them when space is available for them to use that raw pace freely. Normally, even if that defender is beaten.
, the other defenders read those threats very fast and deny space, possibilities to these abnormally fast players. It will be very hard to recreate everything that football does in a videogame. Konami deserve all credit for trying.

The challenge is to find out what makes real football work regarding fast attackers and to implement that in the game.

What stops in real life football fast attackers from waltzing over the defense and making a dozen goals per match?

Miscontrol and imperfect touches - we've discussed this at length on here and there's no reason for it not to be implemented properly. Just a case of Konami listening.

For what it's worse I think pace is well replicated in PES 2012, probably the most balanced representation. PES 2010 and 11 it was too ineffective, PES 08 and 6 it was too effective. This year it's adequate, pace is an asset without being over exploitative.

I hate these embargoes and long gaps between news. Konami definitely showed their hand too early this year.

If they've got nothing to show or say, what's the point?

I hate these embargoes and long gaps between news. Konami definitely showed their hand too early this year.

If they've got nothing to show or say, what's the point?

Have to agree, they should be drip feeding info all the time since the trailer went Live, having nothing for weeks on end is annoying.

The good news is EA have came running out of the blocks now and usually when that happens Konami try and combat it so i expect something very soon from the PES team.

Have to agree, they should be drip feeding info all the time since the trailer went Live, having nothing for weeks on end is annoying.

The good news is EA have came running out of the blocks now and usually when that happens Konami try and combat it so i expect something very soon from the PES team.

Yes the battle is comming......this year:BOP: Cmon Konami!

They did say end of May, so not far away I guess.

...or maybe not. The current embargo is the 30th I believe. Then we will probably be facing another embargo straight after that.

Just seems crazy to leave these month long gaps between info. Even a screenshot or two each week would suffice.

Why is it that day-games are so much more fun to play in than the dreadful night-games?

Something needs to be done to up the gameplay, look and feel of the night-games to be as satisfactory as the day-games or they should build in the option that we can choose day/night/weather for all games, be it leagues, cups or masterleague or whatever.

That and a camera-editor would be nice.

Oh and a global stat-editor would be nice as well.

Looking forward to PES 2013 and Fifa 13 this year.

as i recall well, he said similar for pes 2012.

but in the end we didn't get much difference comparing to pes 2011 after all.

saying we didn't get anything different from PES 2011 in terms of gameplay is bollocks.

Played PES 2011 for over a year, played PES 2012 for over a year now and PES 2012 is way different, more polished, faster, better animations, better AI positioning/making runs, better implemented defense, better keepers (after 1.06 patch), etc.

If you can't see the changes, go to doctor :P.

If Adam says that gameplay is different in PES 2013 I cannot wait to testify his words (although he likes to exaggerate a LOT) ;).

saying we didn't get anything different from PES 2011 in terms of gameplay is bollocks.

Happy someone said it.

Whether you think it was different in a good or bad way is your opinion, but to say it was the same as PES 2011 is inaccurate.

Massively.

These are imho the major problems of PES 2012 after patch 1.06:

1. Playerswitching. The game chooses often players for whom the pass, throughball... was not meant for, disturbing the whole structure of the attack.

2. Player's don't react as fluid as in real life. They are often stuck in their animation and it takes a while before they are ready for another action, espescially in situations that are random like in loose ball situations or after the ball was stolen... They should feel more alive, capable, interested and able to improvise, but they aren't.

3. A real time two-tiered stamina/fatigue-system is missing!

4. Leaving the rails is not possible without using supercancel, after which momentum is lost.

5. Nightgames are dreadful, both visually and gameplay-wise, a stark contrast to the day-games which are much more enjoyable.

6. Dribbling-animations are not very analogue, despite using the left-stick. Pushing the stick gently should signal to the game to use dribbling animations with closer ball-control without having to use R2, and pushing the stick wider should usher in dribbling-animations with wider ball-control even to the point of pushing the ball away, like for example to the left of the defender while running to his right using his momentum or idleness against him.

7. Shooting needs to be more visceral.

Happy someone said it.

Whether you think it was different in a good or bad way is your opinion, but to say it was the same as PES 2011 is inaccurate.

Massively.

in fact i think pes 2012 is worse than pes 2011, so there is a massive difference
less individuality, less freedom in shooting, too much on rails movements
too much importance given to fast players, a lot more cheating and scripting, random and inaccurate passing system

of course pes 2012 does many things better than pes 2011 especially fluid gameplay, very responsive player movements, off the ball controls etc, but for me that is not enough to make it the better game

I would say Pes 2013 could be an excellent game with pes 2012 responsiveness and off the balls controls + the rest from pes 2011

pes 2011 is really shit if you play it nowadays, compared to 2012. in 2011 you can score ANY shot thanks to super accurate aming and shit keepers. (not saying I like how it's done in 2012, but at least you don't score that easily :O ) not to mention totally messed up running speeds (with ball about half as quick, really weird)

What I would like to see in PES 2013 is a more complex ball-control-mechanism. Currently ball-control plays only a role in first-touch-situations, after that the ballcontrol is automated and the ball is practically glued to the feet of the player, except if we deliberately push the ball further.

It would be nice if the ballcontrol-aspects would be important for first-touch and every other touch of the ball as well, be it while walking, jogging or running.

These are imho the major problems of PES 2012 after patch 1.06:

1. Playerswitching. The game chooses often players for whom the pass, throughball... was not meant for, disturbing the whole structure of the attack.

2. Player's don't react as fluid as in real life. They are often stuck in their animation and it takes a while before they are ready for another action, espescially in situations that are random like in loose ball situations or after the ball was stolen... They should feel more alive, capable, interested and able to improvise, but they aren't.

3. A real time two-tiered stamina/fatigue-system is missing!

4. Leaving the rails is not possible without using supercancel, after which momentum is lost.

5. Nightgames are dreadful, both visually and gameplay-wise, a stark contrast to the day-games which are much more enjoyable.

6. Dribbling-animations are not very analogue, despite using the left-stick. Pushing the stick gently should signal to the game to use dribbling animations with closer ball-control without having to use R2, and pushing the stick wider should usher in dribbling-animations with wider ball-control even to the point of pushing the ball away, like for example to the left of the defender while running to his right using his momentum or idleness against him.

7. Shooting needs to be more visceral.

Another thing I've noticed that hasn't been fixed from 2011 is how the game determines who goes up for free kicks.

Whenever I have a deep free kick (just inside my half) my selected CB's will be in the box but my striker/s are MIA. This is because said strikers are standing beside the set peice taker or worse still, stood on the halfway line (corners only).

in fact i think pes 2012 is worse than pes 2011, so there is a massive difference
less individuality, less freedom in shooting, too much on rails movements
too much importance given to fast players, a lot more cheating and scripting, random and inaccurate passing system

of course pes 2012 does many(me: lets say a few) things better than pes 2011 especially fluid gameplay, very responsive player movements, off the ball controls etc, but for me that is not enough to make it the better game

agree

Another thing I've noticed that hasn't been fixed from 2011 is how the game determines who goes up for free kicks.

Whenever I have a deep free kick (just inside my half) my selected CB's will be in the box but my striker/s are MIA. This is because said strikers are standing beside the set peice taker or worse still, stood on the halfway line (corners only).

Is it just me, or do you find your full back is determined to get into the box and get in the way whenever you have a corner? He's not set to be there, he'd be more useful staying back in case of a counter attack, but no - your 5' 8" full back stands there waiting for the corner while your massive target man centre forward is back waiting to defend the counter.

Worse than that, the full back seems determined to go for the ball - if you don't select a man in the box with R3, he'll run across and get in the way when your big men are trying to head it in.

...or maybe not. The current embargo is the 30th I believe. Then we will probably be facing another embargo straight after that.

Just seems crazy to leave these month long gaps between info. Even a screenshot or two each week would suffice.

Bungie fixed that problem by having weekly development updates on their website in a blog post style, some times releasing screenshots and so forth of unfinished work.
It kept people interested and made the wait less painful. It's a shame more developers don't go down that route.

for pes 2013, i would like to see something new and exciting

Back
Top Bottom