PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Cheers henrys hand and Jimmy.

That's a good point. So for a 'finesse' manual shot it's :l2: + :r2: + LS + :square:? It's too convoluted.

Just make manual shooting standard. I think the implementation of stats in PES is good enough not to worry about a loss of individuality.

What about a manual chip shot while running? :r1: + :l1: + :l2: + LS & :square:

:SHOCK:

LOL let the speculation begin. I would love a manual shooting option but it can be complicated when you want to chip a manual side footer pressing the L1 + L2 + R2 + square. You gonna get an aneurism trying to get your brain to pull that off

Last edited:

Just like passing then.

Would've preferred we had a preset option in case people want to go all manual and not need use L2.

that's what I understand by manual shooting.
NO L2/LT, that should be standard, simplify for sake!
Then you can use the L2/LT button for something else...

Last edited:

Totally agree: it'd be so easy to. Right Stick is your 'action' stick. With no shoulder button held, it is a pass on the ground, in the direction and with the force that you move it.
Hold L1 it's a pass in the air
Hold L2 it's a lofted pass
Hold R1 it's a shot with the laces
Hold R2 it's a shot with the inside of the foot

Just having that option would revolutionise the football gameplay. It'd be hard as balls and you'd have to build in some 'help' but still, would be amazing.

Has anyone watched the european cup final between Atletico Madrid and Bilbao? It was eerily similar to PES 2012 gameplay!

And those having the ball most of the time did not run but jogged or walked, those off the ball ran.

Konami did a good job replicating real football.

The only things needing change are imho:

1. It should be possible to leave the rails without supercancel.

2. Catchup-bug needs to be removed!

and

3. A real time twotiered stamina/fatigues-system needs to be implemented.

P.S.: Falcao is a monster!:))

Last edited:

ABout the catchup bug. I still think that a player with the ball at his feet is in most cases not as fast as a player without the ball. Sure there are the likes of Messi and Cronaldo that can get high speeds with the ball but for the most part the balance and control required is too much for most players to maintain their pace.

True or fake?

Here is PES 2013 Licensed Leagues and Teams list:

Leagues:
Ligue 1, Eredivisie, La Liga

Partially Licenced Leagues:
Italy: Serie A, all clubs licensed, but the logo and the name is fake.

Brasileirão, 9 Clubs licensed: Flamengo, Internacional, Galinhada, Vasco (Eterno Vice), Fluminense, São Paulo, Santos, Cruzeiro, Bahia

Premier League, 5 Clubs licensed: Manchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur.

Primeira Liga, 4 Clubs licensed: FC Porto, SL Benfica, SC Braga, Sporting CP.

Argentine Primera División, 4 Clubs licensed: Independiente, Boca Juniors, River Plate, Racing

http://www.foxmanco.com/?p=2878

Fake, I'd say.

Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City are tied in with EA and traditionally the Premier League only allows the use of two clubs, not five.

What Jamez said. As far as I know no matter how Konami approach it only 2 EPL teams are allowed.

Man I miss the bundesliga all those ML gems that reside there. Oh well nothing anyone can do about it,

ABout the catchup bug. I still think that a player with the ball at his feet is in most cases not as fast as a player without the ball. Sure there are the likes of Messi and Cronaldo that can get high speeds with the ball but for the most part the balance and control required is too much for most players to maintain their pace.

Agreed, controlling the ball reduces speed, but real life players have still a way to use their speed with the ball if they got enough space, they push the ball further away and then they can run with top speed, push the ball again... but in the game that maneuver doesn't work nearly as well because of the catchup-bug, that makes defenders faster than the attacker no matter what.

yup, that's the whole point of knocking the ball a little further. To gain speed without a ball, and that's exactly when the catch-up-bug kicks in.
As long as you keep jogging he won't catch you that easily. It makes no sense.

Murphy has just confirmed Chelsea wont be in PES 2013 Champions League if they win the European Cup this year.

Champions League license seems a bit pointless. A bit like EA's Euro DLC.

I'd hate it if PES lost the Champions League licence, for me it adds a massive incentive in ML to progress and eventually take part in the competition. I never bother with Champions League as a standalone game mode, but when it's integrated into the ML mode then for me, the licence takes on a life of it's own. Same with the Europa League.

Murphy has just confirmed Chelsea wont be in PES 2013 Champions League if they win the European Cup this year.

Nothing new then. This has always been the case since Konami got the Champions League licence.

Easily fixed with a good option file or patch.

I'd hate it if PES lost the Champions League licence, for me it adds a massive incentive in ML to progress and eventually take part in the competition. I never bother with Champions League as a standalone game mode, but when it's integrated into the ML mode then for me, the licence takes on a life of it's own. Same with the Europa League.

What you said. ML + CL = Great.

@flawed, you can't really compare CL with Euro DLC though. One's free while the other is paid for. So we should be content they're not charging us for it; more of a bonus. Plus, they're more than happy to have Chelsea licensed, if not for EA's grip.

What you said. ML + CL = Great.

@flawed, you can't really compare CL with Euro DLC though. One's free while the other is paid for. So we should be content they're not charging us for it; more of a bonus. Plus, they're more than happy to have Chelsea licensed, if not for EA's grip.

Seems a bit crazy that if you play the Champions League mode you cant play as the winners if indeed Chelsea win it.

Proper ball physics please God, a.k.a. Seabass.

yup, that's the whole point of knocking the ball a little further. To gain speed without a ball, and that's exactly when the catch-up-bug kicks in.
As long as you keep jogging he won't catch you that easily. It makes no sense.

But the removal of the catch-up-bug/gamedesign should be accompanied with the implementation of a realistic realtime two-tiered stamina/fatigue-system.

I find it strange and scandalous that in the Wii-version such a system is supposedly in place but not in the PS3/xbox360/pc-versions.

Seems a bit crazy that if you play the Champions League mode you cant play as the winners if indeed Chelsea win it.

Surely it just means they'll be London Blue or whatever?

There is a pretty significant difference between the CL and Euro 2012, besides the ML connection, of course.

Last edited:

But the removal of the catch-up-bug/gamedesign should be accompanied with the implementation of a realistic realtime two-tiered stamina/fatigue-system.

I find it strange and scandalous that in the Wii-version such a system is supposedly in place but not in the PS3/xbox360/pc-versions.

It might be just a thought but imo there is a invisble realtime stamina bar.
There is a difference in reaction & accelaration speed when I lose the ball while sprinting and while jogging.
I've noticed that I'm faster on the loose ball when they steal the ball while I'm jogging. My player turns and reacts quicker.

It might be just a thought but imo there is a invisble realtime stamina bar.
There is a difference in reaction & accelaration speed when I lose the ball while sprinting and while jogging.
I've noticed that I'm faster on the loose ball when they steal the ball while I'm jogging. My player turns and reacts quicker.

Are you sure that it has to do something with stamina and not with inertia?

Agreed, controlling the ball reduces speed, but real life players have still a way to use their speed with the ball if they got enough space, they push the ball further away and then they can run with top speed, push the ball again... but in the game that maneuver doesn't work nearly as well because of the catchup-bug, that makes defenders faster than the attacker no matter what.

Is quite hard to catch C.Ronaldo's dribbling yeah.. catch up bug is the one apparent in fresh PES 2011..

The situation regarding a defender catching up this attacker that Konami should hopefully look at is when attacker is sprint and receiving a pass from behind he is sometimes slowed down automatically to reflect what happen in real pitch.. pressing supercancel can help him to gather the ball faster.. however the transition between this auto slowed-down and motion when supercancel buttons is pressed is usually felt being delayed and quite unresponsive..

Really hope konami find the better balance with this auto-sprint/slowed down and manual control of a player with fluid motion.

I believe anyone have tried passing at a player in 2012 and you just leave the direction and sprint buttons untouched.. see that the player will automatically run towards the ball until he reaches it a.k.a you don't have to press anything but you are still pressing it :P. I hope in 2013 we can make adjustment to his direction and his speed too.. :))

The same with players waiting for a cross and corner.. they are making this automatic motion to go for position which, to me, reflects real football.. but our controlled player is usually unresponsive to change his direction.. this is quite a problem..

Also an important issue to get the right balance is the tracking of CF by our CB.. sometimes i just want my team to hold their line or play zonal defense ? just in previous PES series.. because they are usually leaving spaces for through passes to the middle by opponent. This because of the CB's tracking the CF. and now is just too zonal marking or something.. I need this option zonal defense/marking. in strategy/tactic setting to be implemented well.. Or do i miss adjusting a strategy/tactics for zonal defense in PES 2012 ? anyone would share ?

Last edited:

Is quite hard to catch C.Ronaldo's dribbling yeah.. catch up bug is the one apparent in fresh PES 2011..

The situation regarding a defender catching up this attacker that Konami should hopefully look at is when attacker is sprint and receiving a pass from behind he is sometimes slowed down automatically to reflect what happen in real pitch.. pressing supercancel can help him to gather the ball faster.. however the transition between this auto slowed-down and motion when supercancel buttons is pressed is usually felt being delayed and quite unresponsive..

Really hope konami find the better balance with this auto-sprint/slowed down and manual control of a player with fluid motion.

I believe anyone have tried passing at a player in 2012 and you just leave the direction and sprint buttons untouched.. see that the player will automatically run towards the ball until he reaches it a.k.a you don't have to press anything but you are still pressing it :P. I hope in 2013 we can make adjustment to his direction and his speed too.. :))

Agreed, the transition between the automatic movements and the user-controlled-ones should be as short as possible, seamless so to speak. There are numerous problems with players caught in automatic animations and being unresponsive just so long that the opponent gets the advantage.

Coupled with the problems of not being able to leave rails without supercancel it is a bit disturbing the experience.

The other major problem is playerswitching. There are some occasions where I just can't switch to a wished player because I don't know, maybe it's a way of the game to cheat in those situations.

In other situations I play a throughball for another player and the game decides to let another player be the recepient just because the ball got closer to him than to the one the throughball was intended for, destroying the whole structure of the attack.

Then there are situations where you just want to play a good pass/throughball/highball to someone and right in that moment he decides to run in a whole other direction making a good pass/throughball/highball impossible or he decides to come back right in that nick of time you want to make the pass/throughball/highball.

There should be a better sense of timing for the players.

What's all this talk of a catch-up 'bug'? You do know it's a deliberate feature of PES and not a bug, don't you? Is there some new-fangled usage of the term 'bug' that I'm behind the times with?!

I don't think we'll see 'catch-up' disappearing from PES anytime soon. They gave us pace that actually meant something in PES2008 and look what happened.

Back
Top Bottom