PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Anyone knows something about chants? Still we can hear just home team or are mixed as in old-gen versions?

Football Life is the new umbrella of the Master League and Be a Legend Club Boss and adds to it too. Here you are neither manager nor players but the chairman of a team. Interesting concept: do transfers, hire and fire coaches and financially the club in the right direction. It is well found, just play the game do not. You are required to watch matches and that's not very exciting. Already a button makes the game to accelerate it more accessible. Quickly simulate an option.

If I understand the first line correctly, there are three modes under Football Life, ML, BAL and Club Boss? the new inclusion doesn't really excite me, have never been much for management games. Might be fun to check it out but I doubt it will hook me like ML

If there's options to hire & fire in the Chairman mode, it's a bit of a disappointment to not see managers getting binned in ML, including yourself. Sod being a Chairman, just build in the dynamic of having to impress your chairman in ML, make every team in your league have one, and see managers come and go from clubs.

Can someone ask that guy over at WENB if ML still is only fantasy football with no option to use proper league structures? I really want them to add the option to play realistic structure, I can't stand fantasy football.

I don't know, i find that PES is less fantasy football than ever. In fact to me the problem is their attempt to make it more realistic given the circumstances.

The Fantasy Football side of ML (classic ML if you will) was always what i found to be the most enjoyable. The problem lately with PES is that they've been trying to create realism and it simply doesn't work when they have 2 tiers and a really small amount of leagues to do it with (One being the fake D2 teams). I simply loved the old style even if it was a bit shallow with the mix and match D2, the WEFA championship and the UEFA cup equivalent. Perhaps it is because they didn't take themselves too seriously at all with these, i find they've decided to take it too seriously now since the UEFA Champions League license came into play and that they're focussed on having English, French, Spanish etc teams qualify. Hell we can't even mix and match teams in leagues anymore. That is a huge faux pas IMO. All this coaching etc and youth team players is a huge fail at the moment because it brings so little to the gameplay/immersion. It's basically an incredibly shallow RPG at current. I do think the concept of youth players would work well if they actually put effort into it rather than having one random player become absolutely brilliant for no reason.

I had a lot of fun playing through WE9LE a few months ago. Not because the gameplay is better than PES 2011 (because it isn't) but because the ML is just a more enjoyable style.

Anyone knows something about chants?

Interesting question. We all know that the sound is a large part of the authenticity that Konami largely neglects. I'm sure not many people notice but when Man Utd play the chants are a collection of songs that i have literally never ever heard. I've been to Old Trafford many times (30/40 from the age of 14-18. Then i stopped going because of university) and i can't even remember hearing that 'M-U-M-U-F-M-U-F-C Okay' chant or that song about winning the football league. It actually pisses me off to hear them because of how stupid they are. The only legit song was the one about Solskjaer which they pulled because it had explicit words in it. Still even that became annoying when you'd hear it 6 times during a game in PES. I'd rather them just concentrate on perfecting the tempo/pitch of the crowd than putting in specific (and overly repetitive) chants that have debatable relevancy.

Last edited:
I don't know, i find that PES is less fantasy football than ever. In fact to me the problem is their attempt to make it more realistic given the circumstances.

The Fantasy Football side of ML (classic ML if you will) was always what i found to be the most enjoyable. The problem lately with PES is that they've been trying to create realism and it simply doesn't work when they have 2 tiers and a really small amount of leagues to do it with (One being the fake D2 teams). I simply loved the old style even if it was a bit shallow with the mix and match D2, the WEFA championship and the UEFA cup equivalent. Perhaps it is because they didn't take themselves too seriously at all with these, i find they've decided to take it too seriously now since the UEFA Champions League license came into play and that they're focussed on having English, French, Spanish etc teams qualify. Hell we can't even mix and match teams in leagues anymore. That is a huge faux pas IMO. All this coaching etc and youth team players is a huge fail at the moment because it brings so little to the gameplay/immersion. It's basically an incredibly shallow RPG at current. I do think the concept of youth players would work well if they actually put effort into it rather than having one random player become absolutely brilliant for no reason.

I had a lot of fun playing through WE9LE a few months ago. Not because the gameplay is better than PES 2011 (because it isn't) but because the ML is just a more enjoyable style.

Agree 110%.

I stopped playing ML (so much anyway) when the format changed (PES3 I think it was). I used to love the old fanstasy leagues with all the best European clubs mixed in together. That's what it was all about for me, and I miss it dearly.

The way I see it, either go for a full-on realistic approach with full league structures, as FIFA tries to do, or embrace the fact that you haven't got the licences and go for fantasy league, as PES used to do so well.

I know for some people full and realistic league set-ups are a big deal, but personally I couldn't care less. Fantasy leagues are absolutely fine as long as they are fun and engrossing.

The ML treads a middle ground these days and I don't like it at all. What PES needs is a classic ML mode for the likes of Northzzz and me.

Agree 110%.

I stopped playing ML (so much anyway) when the format changed (PES3 I think it was). I used to love the old fanstasy leagues with all the best European clubs mixed in together. That's what it was all about for me, and I miss it dearly.

The way I see it, either go for a full-on realistic approach with full league structures, as FIFA tries to do, or embrace the fact that you haven't got the licences and go for fantasy league, as PES used to do so well.

I know for some people full and realistic league set-ups are a big deal, but personally I couldn't care less. Fantasy leagues are absolutely fine as long as they are fun and engrossing.

The ML treads a middle ground these days and I don't like it at all. What PES needs is a classic ML mode for the likes of Northzzz and me.

I think that's why I played more BaL and MLO. With BaL I wasn't really focusses on trying to win the league because I was usually at midtable teams - my focus was on the matches and ensuring I did my bit. In MLO the focus is on the team building and the immediacy of the transfers and their impact on my play. I've always liked that about football and racing games, the virtual retail therapy, the shopping around for interesting options and weighing up the pros and cons.

ML didn't really grab me this year. I'm interested in 2012's though, very much so, simply because single player itself is more enticing. But I'd be more interested if there was more in the way of making the Premiership feel special in its own way, as is the case with the CL.

Being able to build a four tier league with much more in the way of team slots and tournament creation would be a dream.

Last edited:
Hi, I decided to join this forum becuase I found very interesting news about PES.

By the way, the game looks good, but I´m excited to see the Fantasy Football mode, the manager creator looks great, but I don´t seem to have interest in the Boss mode.

It would be cool if they could put some new modes in the Master League like this:

The ability to change club or be fired in case of bad results.

When you start a Master League campaign it will allow to chose from this options: start from zero with the Offical players or the Konami players.
Start an existing campaign, where you will be only able to chose just a country, and then he game will generate random options like this:

You chosoe the Premier League, the game gives the following situation: Wolverhampton, 6 matches remaining and the team is near to be relagated to D2, the team needs X points to save, can you save the team from a disaster?

Situation 2: The President of Palermo decided to fire the manager beacuse of the negative results in 10 games they draw 4 matches, lose 5 and win 1, so he decides that it´s the time to call a new manager who can return the team to the road of victory and save it from the relegation zone where the team is placed in this moment at the table.

I would be nice to sort different kind of challenges with any team the game suggests.

Also the ability of creating friendly tournaments or to have some pre-season matches, this would be a good way to start knowing your team, and a parameter to take decisions that would be crucial into the rest of the season.

You know i'd really like to know if they've sorted out that system whereby your players arbitrarily end up being on negative/positive arrows regardless of win, lose or draw.

I think it would be wise by Konami to have the option when starting ML to choose what style of ML you want. I'm not saying change ML to one realistic mode, I know a lot of people like the old way. I don't think Nick and Placebo are the only people around the world that choose to go with FIFA because it has a more realistic manager mode with CM.

------

Really looking forward to the demo. Everyone that has played it seems so enthusiastic about it. Seems like it's only the keepers that is lagging behind in quality.

Also looking forward to hear if they've improved BAL, because I can see that mode being more fun to play now that the AI isn't mentally challenged. But I think it needs to be more than just Game->Calendar->Game->Calendar... and try to build up the illusion of being a football player in a team. Make me "get to know" the players in the team and the coach and so on. Somehow make it offer something outside of the pitch. The scrolling bar on top isn't enough for me to feel like there is something going on in "the world".

sorry to say, but no :CRY:

Are you farkin serious... :( how is it possible that with all the additions to ML and a new "boss" mode, KONAMI have not integrated the option to switch teams as manager!!!! This just seems unbelievable. And I know there are people out there who love to stick with the old PES ideal of building a club from the ground up, but honestly how can ML not have this option.

FIFA has had this option for an age and it just seems ridiculous if we play PES as a manager we can't explore the fun of managing a Div2 team, developing cred and taking on a top flight team - switching leagues. As you can tell I obviously expected pes2012 to allow us to move clubs.

I thought with this new mode we'd finally have the ability to change clubs in ML. I don't want to watch my team and not play. Maybe there are people who like this, but you could do that in ML anyway by choosing to watch a game only.

It's been 6 years since I've been asking for this, maybe even more. :(

I thought with this new mode we'd finally have the ability to change clubs in ML. I don't want to watch my team and not play. Maybe there are people who like this, but you could do that in ML anyway by choosing to watch a game only.

It's been 6 years since I've been asking for this, maybe even more. :(

I can not see any reason why switching clubs in ML has not yet been introduced - how can KONAMI continually turn a blind eye to this massive over sight. If I'm going to waste 100+ hours of my life perched infront of a TV screen the least KONAMI can do is offer me some long over due key mode options.

It just means now I'll fork out for both titles again this year because as much as I find FIFA shallow over the long term at least in manager mode I can enjoy genuine freedom in moving around different leagues.

Some interesting comments about Master League.

I am also a huge fan of the mode, and I really miss the old transfer/loan system. Placing a team size limit is not something I have a problem with, but not being able to begin negotiating until there is a vacant slot is very very frustrating. The way negotiations are done is not reflective of what occurs in real life.

You should also be able to place players on the transfer list below market value to entice clubs to buy them. I just can not understand why the market value is the only factor that matters when it comes to buying/selling and player wages. It seems like a happy player who loves his club would extend his/her contract without a huge spike in wage demand. There is simply no way to keep the talents you nurture since youth in PES2011 and this is something that really should be looked at.

Some interesting comments about Master League.

I am also a huge fan of the mode, and I really miss the old transfer/loan system. Placing a team size limit is not something I have a problem with, but not being able to begin negotiating until there is a vacant slot is very very frustrating. The way negotiations are done is not reflective of what occurs in real life.

You should also be able to place players on the transfer list below market value to entice clubs to buy them. I just can not understand why the market value is the only factor that matters when it comes to buying/selling and player wages. It seems like a happy player who loves his club would extend his/her contract without a huge spike in wage demand. There is simply no way to keep the talents you nurture since youth in PES2011 and this is something that really should be looked at.

Yeah, I love ML this year but the transfers aren't ideal. I doubt they'll be changed though. I don't see the point in the game's player valuations - one player might be 'valued' at £300,000 yet your scout can never negotiate a fee under £3-4 million for example. In my ML, Messi is 'valued' by my scout at £5m, but I don't think even in PES you can buy him for a more realistic £40m or so. Why the scout's initial values are so messed up, I'm not sure.

To me, one glaring problem of transfers that 2012 really needs to sort out is the fact that you can't actually set how much one of your own players are worth. As a manager, you place your own valuation on your own players, and decide to sell according to whether other clubs can match your valuation. You might overprice a player you don't want to sell, offer someone cheap if they don't want to be at the club etc, but this aspect is completely ignored in ML currently. Why on earth would your scout be left to putting valuations on your own players?

Last edited:

Hahaha!!! My students spammed the 3D facebook groups thinking this was the coolest stuff ever, but were sad to find out I debunked it quite easily:

Seemingly fantastic for static...? perhaps - but the moment deformation or animation is applied, it will fall over quicker than a heavily drunk QPR supporter that has a brain explosion thinking they will win the premiership in their first year back...

You know i'd really like to know if they've sorted out that system whereby your players arbitrarily end up being on negative/positive arrows regardless of win, lose or draw.

In an ideal world the arrows should read off of fitness, amount of first team football, and previous match performances, I'd love them to do a lot of work on that :)

konami have no real understanding of the european/world market to me they have failed big time to capitalise and allowing ea more ground. from pes5? when they lost the bundisliga they should of went out and got two new leagues signed up no matter how obscure they were. adding new teams one year then losing them the next(non relegation) is not good where's the progression? To get a realistic ml structure there needs to be more leagues let alone individual teams. they really need a someone with a good knowledge of european/world football to consult them hell there's people on here who could easily do that. If they had set themselves up during the last gen they would be in a good place now. Even in the present they should be doing it but.....

As for the progression on the ml that is something that they been really slow on, i don't want to create a manager and have a bunch of redundant cut scenes, proper editable league structure, more realistic transfer system and being able to move clubs or get the boot. This

konami have no real understanding of the european/world market to me they have failed big time to capitalise and allowing ea more ground. from pes5? when they lost the bundisliga they should of went out and got two new leagues signed up no matter how obscure they were. adding new teams one year then losing them the next(non relegation) is not good where's the progression? To get a realistic ml structure there needs to be more leagues let alone individual teams. they really need a someone with a good knowledge of european/world football to consult them hell there's people on here who could easily do that. If they had set themselves up during the last gen they would be in a good place now. Even in the present they should be doing it but.....

As for the progression on the ml that is something that they been really slow on, i don't want to create a manager and have a bunch of redundant cut scenes, proper editable league structure, more realistic transfer system and being able to move clubs or get the boot. This

Agree with you!

I can't understand, why it so hard to make more slots for player faces,teams,stadiums,leagues? KONAMI knows nobody play ML with fake teams, they know Juce makes kitserver every year! Is it that hard to add some lines into the code?

In PES 2011 ML i had to choose do i want Holland league or Russian league in my ML.. but i want ALL THE PLAYERS And ALL the teams available, it cant be so hard to do..

''We will have this year around 7 leagues and we got Portugal league with WOHOO 3 licenced teams and X amount of fake teams''
same sh** every year...

I hope new feature for PES2013 would be INTEGRATED KITSERVER. If you can't get all the licences then at least improve tools for us to make it easier to insert new content, or how about Add New LEAGUE function?!

PS. ive heard rumors there might be turkish league,scotish league etc etc? Can anyone confirm how many leagues there is to modify? Hopefully its at least couple more than last year.

btw guys, you should listen to podcast on WENB site, it was great :APPLAUD:

Agree with you!

I can't understand, why it so hard to make more slots for player faces,teams,stadiums,leagues? KONAMI knows nobody play ML with fake teams, they know Juce makes kitserver every year! Is it that hard to add some lines into the code?

In PES 2011 ML i had to choose do i want Holland league or Russian league in my ML.. but i want ALL THE PLAYERS And ALL the teams available, it cant be so hard to do..

''We will have this year around 7 leagues and we got Portugal league with WOHOO 3 licenced teams and X amount of fake teams''
same sh** every year...

I hope new feature for PES2013 would be INTEGRATED KITSERVER. If you can't get all the licences then at least improve tools for us to make it easier to insert new content, or how about Add New LEAGUE function?!

PS. ive heard rumors there might be turkish league,scotish league etc etc? Can anyone confirm how many leagues there is to modify? Hopefully its at least couple more than last year.

btw guys, you should listen to podcast on WENB site, it was great :APPLAUD:

Jeez, i just realize how brilliant it would be.. thx mate probably will pop up in my suggestion regarding Master League :))

About the new leagues/teams, why are Konami not creating enough fake teams and leagues so that through the edit mode we'd be able to recreate a few authentic leagues ? Why always this business of swapping teams ?

Back
Top Bottom