PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

play PES 2011 with animation boost by jenkey1002 and with yair gameplay modified .exe i assure you animations arent that bad, now with pes2012 they will be even better. PES 2012 is going to be great platform for community to make our adjustments and modifications.. Well at least for PC version.

PES2013 should have a theme about new animations engine, now after PES2012 AI upgrades its time to make it look more fluid like fifa and its PES6 in next gen.

yes i agree, gameplay and ai is more important but animation is actually an important part of how the game looks and feels, the problems in pes from what i remember is the animations not matching the results, the linking animations and sometimes the speed of animation doesnt match the situation.

Last edited:
Just this hold up is ..:YAWN: I am strongly opposed to such things. why i need CPU to control my player ? They want to bring me " freedom " ? Then put back old , PES5/6 defense system .. I'm press R2 and I control MY player with D-pad/Left stick ... I determine the direction , I define the distance, because I want to play the game, and I'm to blame МЕ when something is wrong.

yes i agree, gameplay and ai is more important but animation is actually an important part of how the game looks and feels, the problems in pes from what i remember is the animations not matching the results, the linking animations and sometimes the speed of animation doesnt match the situation.

Well animations wont be so much better this year, but as i said i hope they can make it next year. Faces in PES2011 are already much better than FIFA and overall picture is much better this year. So hopefully animations are next on SEABASS priority list for next year.

you can do those tournaments in community mode

Yeah, adding all the modes to the community mode would have been a great alternative solution. People deffo want to play Master League and Champions League tournaments. If they had improved the community mode we wouldn't need this, but they probably forgot about that too lol.

Wait a freaking second... I use hold up in PES2011 already with only R2. It requires reading the players movement. This new feature will simplify that.

Nah, you don't need to, the hold up play in PES 2011 works by pressing X and the exact opposite direction of where the opposite player is running, regardless of any other trigger you use. By the looks of it, the new system replaces that "opposite direction" with R2.

So rather than using the stick, you press R2 and X. I hope you'll still be able to just use R2 on it's own to jockey manually like this year. It's the main way I like to defend as it gives me more options in terms of directional movement.

So rather than using the stick, you press R2 and X. I hope you'll still be able to just use R2 on it's own to jockey manually like this year. It's the main way I like to defend as it gives me more options in terms of directional movement.

You certainly can. They were never going to replace that.

you can do those tournaments in community mode

I'm not 100%, but I don't think it was possible in community mode either.

If you had 4 people, you could set up a 4 team tournament. That would be fine but somewhat limited and lame.

But if these 4 people wanted to play a full 32 team tournament. They'd have to play out games vs the CPU while everyone else watched. If you set all 32 teams to human, you'd have to play out every single game of the tournament.

This will allow you to switch to the CPU side at any time, so you never have to play the CPU. The other players will have fun trying to knock each other out of the tournament, sometimes with considerably weaker teams, which would amp up the fun.

Just this hold up is ..:YAWN: I am strongly opposed to such things. why i need CPU to control my player ? They want to bring me " freedom " ? Then put back old , PES5/6 defense system .. I'm press R2 and I control MY player with D-pad/Left stick ... I determine the direction , I define the distance, because I want to play the game, and I'm to blame МЕ when something is wrong.
yes i really don't understand all the strange things konami does.
the hold up play like you described worked perfect in the past so why fix it if it isn't broke?
now its implemented in such a way that the cpu helps you judge your actions:SHOCK::RANT:
what is their problem?
you should decide which direction your player goes so just holding the R2+X button is just plain wrong.

Last edited:
yes i really don't understand all the strange things konami does.
the hold up play like you described worked perfect in the past so why fix it if it isn't broke?
now its implemented in such a way that the cpu helps you judge your actions:SHOCK::RANT:
what is their problem?
you should decide which direction your player goes so just holding the R2+X button is just plain wrong.

I'm sure you can still control your player in that way by just holding R2. That's how I've always done it and I doubt that it's been removed. This is just another option. And one that may be helpful against terrors like Messi.

tbh I thought the controlling cpu teams was out of this Gen because it was an exploit for trophies/achievements. Guess it was just Konami being... well, Konami I guess.

And they better leave the R2 defending as it is, I never got used to that X-thing. They can add anything they want to that if I don't have to use it.

Last edited:
I'm sure you can still control your player in that way by just holding R2. That's how I've always done it and I doubt that it's been removed. This is just another option. And one that may be helpful against terrors like Messi.
that's just wish full thinking at the moment.
as for the errors against MESSY well to be honest it never bothers me too much when the cpu or someone using MESSI skins me because he truly has the ability to do it against top defenders in real life to so.....but it also made it that much greater when i won the challenge because it was mostly me but now it will be with some help and that works both ways.

tbh I thought the controlling cpu teams was out of this Gen because it was an exploit for trophies/achievements. Guess it was just Konami being... well, Konami I guess.

And they better leave the R2 defending as it is, I never got used to that X-thing. They can add anything they want to that if I don't have to use it.

agree

that's just wish full thinking at the moment.
as for the errors against MESSY well to be honest it never bothers me too much when the cpu or someone using MESSI skins me because he truly has the ability to do it against top defenders in real life to so.....but it also made it that much greater when i won the challenge because it was mostly me but now it will be with some help and that works both ways.

How is it wishful thinking if Romagnoli just confirmed that a few posts ago. If you read the thread instead of immediately freaking out lol.

How is it wishful thinking if Romagnoli just confirmed that a few posts ago. If you read the thread instead of immediately freaking out lol.
didn't read that but if its true :APPLAUD:and please except my apologies for freaking out like you mentioned:))

Np :) Should add that, what you just said isn't true, you couldn't "choose" the direction where you could hold up to, you would either press the exact opposite direction of the direction you attack to, any other direction and you are no longer holding up play, you're attacking the ball. All this does is simplifying the system, which imo, was needed, since when people are playing with the analogue stick you can't exactly be precise with that "direction", so replacing it with R2+X seems like a good decision.

didn't read that but if its true :APPLAUD:and please except my apologies for freaking out like you mentioned:))

It's still there, and I think it uses a new animation? The player's arms seem to stay closer to his side, though I might be imagining that.

FINALLY finished my preview. It's available in paperback at all good book shops.

Np :) Should add that, what you just said isn't true, you couldn't "choose" the direction where you could hold up to, you would either press the exact opposite direction of the direction you attack to, any other direction and you are no longer holding up play, you're attacking the ball. All this does is simplifying the system, which imo, was needed, since when people are playing with the analogue stick you can't exactly be precise with that "direction", so replacing it with R2+X seems like a good decision.
yes you can but i am not talking about pes 2011.
because the hold up play is messed up in that game so no wonder they feel the need to change it.

I'm not 100%, but I don't think it was possible in community mode either.

If you had 4 people, you could set up a 4 team tournament. That would be fine but somewhat limited and lame.

But if these 4 people wanted to play a full 32 team tournament. They'd have to play out games vs the CPU while everyone else watched. If you set all 32 teams to human, you'd have to play out every single game of the tournament.

This will allow you to switch to the CPU side at any time, so you never have to play the CPU. The other players will have fun trying to knock each other out of the tournament, sometimes with considerably weaker teams, which would amp up the fun.

+1

This post nailed it !
100% accurate.

play PES 2011 with animation boost by jenkey1002 and with yair gameplay modified .exe i assure you animations arent that bad, now with pes2012 they will be even better. PES 2012 is going to be great platform for community to make our adjustments and modifications.. Well at least for PC version.

PES2013 should have a theme about new animations engine, now after PES2012 AI upgrades its time to make it look more fluid like fifa and its PES6 in next gen.

Naah, even though an animation boost is used, the main problem of the 2011's animation can not be eradicate. For example :

1. Player very often freeze after making any pass/heading/trap the ball
2. Player bump each other without any contact animation
3. Player often freeze after being disposes
4. Catch up bug, too slow turn (unbalance between attacker & defender)
5. Weird crossing, some GK, shooting animations.
6. Ball physics

I could go on and on about responsiveness and fluidity :)). Above points often ruins the quite good "core gameplay" experience for me. Other than that i appreciate gameplaypatcher's effort, especially the net. :SMUG:

Last edited:
Naah, even though an animation boost is used, the main problem of the 2011's animation can not be eradicate. For example :

1. Player very often freeze after making any pass/heading/trap the ball
2. Player bump each other without any contact animation
3. Player often freeze after being disposes
4. Catch up bug, too slow turn (unbalance between attacker & defender)
5. Weird crossing, some GK, shooting animations.
6. Ball physics

I could go on and on about responsiveness and fluidity :)). Above points often ruins the quite good "core gameplay" experience for me. Other than that i appreciate gameplaypatcher's effort, especially the net. :SMUG:

Really?...
Because yair's RC1 patch (with active AI) fixes a lot of those.

Back
Top Bottom