Orange Box HL2

after all the big let-down's with the 2 footie games this season, FINALLY a game that keeps me going. loving it so far. :)

Probably buy this tomorrow when I get paid :) Gotta keep money for COD4, Assasins Creed and Kane & Lynch too. Expensive month!

This is the first time in yonks but I'm not going to get all the games I want in November, I can't afford it any more. I'll be getting CoD4 and Mass Effect but all the others will have to be Christmas presents. Woe is me. :(

Saying that, I haven't finished Bioshock yet, or Stranglehold, or any of the Orange Box bar Portal. Or PGR4. Or Saints Row, or FEAR. Or Virtua Tennis 3.

i feel with you jack, same problem here.

too expensive and no time at all to play. sad world. ;)

Just got an email with 15% off from HMV, might look at getting Orange Box from there now instead of ShopTo. I'll check prices when I get into work.

£27 from the guy I use on eBay, compared to £33 with the discount on HMV.

Anyone know if Asda have it for £40? I'd like to pick it up tonight if possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Portal was great fun, but a bit short (finished in a few hours). I think we can expect the portal-device to be introduced in the half-life universe sometime in the future. There's already mods which lets you use the device in HL2 (buggy atm, i guess).

TF2 is also a good game, but it's hard to get real teamwork playing on public serves. I guess it will be great for clan wars.

£27 from the guy I use on eBay, compared to £33 with the discount on HMV.

Anyone know if Asda have it for £40? I'd like to pick it up tonight if possible.

Are all his games cheap?

if so can you give us a link to him

My copy had arrived today, I'll be getting some playing time in after the Liverpool match I think :) Any other night and I'd be straight on it but it'll have to wait now :)

I'd rather eat shit than watch that crap.

Crap eh? ;)

I already had half life 2 but never completed it so I am currently trying to complete that and then move onto HL2: Ep1 and then ep2.

Should keep me occupied untill the gf is back off holiday :)

I'm currently having a blast playing Half Life 2. The game is one of the best I have ever played. Very immersive and responsive. Love the story and physics. I'm glad this types of games get ported over to consoles, especially since there are those that can't afford a high end PC.

I am alternating playing this and COD4 ofcourse. Great games for snowed in winter days.

For sale soon:
portalplushwccjelaime.jpg

Hahaha, no, it's the "companion cube" from Portal. One of the funniest moments of the game.

You're given a "companion cube" that you're told to look after by the robot woman, who says you must treat it with love and care, and show respect to your cube at all times. You must treat your companion cube as if it is the love of your life. Then at the end of the level she tells you to throw your cube into an incinerator. :D

Got time to play this again yesterday, got past ravenholm [ hate that level] and am back to "real life". Cant wait to see what the new episodes are like, and enjoy some of the better moments of hl2 again :D

Back
Top Bottom