Nintendo DS / 3DS / Wii / Wii U

Re: Nintendo DS

I gave my mate's PSP a try a few months ago and got bored after a few minutes. The thing is, it looks very impressive and all, but some games just don't work on a handheld :eh:

Playing Mario Kart has definitely brought back memories - was gonna get the DS straight away but after hearing about the lite, I thought I'll wait ;)

I'm trying to lower my Brain age from 34 atm :D

I think you guys have settled it for me, I'm gonna get rid of the PSP methinks.

Someone has offered me £100 for the console alone. I've got about 6 games, 2 films, a Logitech case for the PSP and a case for 4 games. So I should be able to haul around £180 - £200 in total for it :)

Is it possible to play music or videos with DS? As I am deciding whether to buy PSP or DS Lite still :)

I think the PSP is miles better for everything other than games. If you want to carry music and videos with you, you might as well get a iPod or a PSP.

There isn't any point in getting a PSP if your just gonna use it for videos and music, other than the fact it has a big screen. There are plenty of decent MP3 / Video players on the market that are around the same price and with a hell of alot more memory

Nintendo and Square Enix have just announced the marketing of new a bundle 'Nintendo DS Lite Final Fantasy III Hook Edition' to celebrate the exit of Final Fantasy III scheduled for next 24 August in Japan. This pack, which will leave the same day at the price 22.780 yens (156 euros), will thus contain the play Final Fantasy III as well as Nintendo DS Lite with the colors of the very awaited title of Enix Public garden. In addition, Konami also joined Nintendo in order to market a special bundle, with black Nintendo DS Lite, for the exit of World Soccer Winning Eleven DS on next 21 September in Japan. No information was mentioned with regard to Europe for the moment.

source: www.jeuxfrance.com

Bought a black DS lite from Gamestation today plus they threw in a free game.
The bad news is that it also came with a stuck pixel and my SuperPass doesnt work on it.
I never seem to have a perfect day, ever.

RuneEdge said:
Bought a black DS lite from Gamestation today plus they threw in a free game.
The bad news is that it also came with a stuck pixel and my SuperPass doesnt work on it.
I never seem to have a perfect day, ever.

Take it back.

RuneEdge said:
I think the PSP is miles better for everything other than games. If you want to carry music and videos with you, you might as well get a iPod or a PSP.

please name games that are really worth buying on the DS

matherto said:

Depends what your into. If you like the Nintendo type games then get a DS, but if you're a graphics whore (and I'm guessing you are) and like shit games, get a PSP.

Everyone I know who's had a PSP, has either not touched it in months, or sold it.

Noted said:
Depends what your into. If you like the Nintendo type games then get a DS, but if you're a graphics whore (and I'm guessing you are) and like shit games, get a PSP.

Everyone I know who's had a PSP, has either not touched it in months, or sold it.

I don't care about graphics, it's nice to play a game that's good graphically, but it doesn't make a jot of difference to the actual gameplay.

the fact of the matter is, I have no love for Nintendo games at all, Mario and Zelda don't interest me, and as for Nintendogs and Brain Training, they're too of the shittiest, most pointless games I've ever had the chance to play on.

A lot of DS games are designed, IMO, to appeal to young children, and a lot of DS owners, including several on here, reckon theyre quite fun, but hey, again, i'm not interested in them, but the PSP can also claim to have some kid-orientated games now, Me and My Katamari, and Loco Roco are actually pretty good fun, and I may buy them.

I play my PSP every day, or at least, nearly every day, I guess it helps when most of my mates have wireless and a PSP, so we can play on Outrun and SOCOM and the like.

It's just my opinion that the DS is shite, and there aren't any good games for it

Noted said:

Well said. Hate the PSP, its sales are so bad they are pratically giving it away.

Plenty of great DS games IMO, and I don't see how stuff like Castlevania and Tetris are kiddies games. New SMB is classic gaming, anyone who plays that and doesn't think it's any good must have some weird tastes.

If it's not your thing then fine, personally I've owned both machines and the DS is IMO by far the better system. With the PSP it was like Sony focused entirely on the screen and look of the system, and decided how it actually played didn't matter (it controls like a fucking dog and gives you arthritic cramp!).

matherto said:

It's just my opinion that the DS is shite, and there aren't any good games for it

WARNING! LEVEL 10 FANBOY BREACH!

19)-RC4379-Fanboy.jpg

Re: Nintendo Wii

In the end Nintendo is the best at making games, period! they aren't a company that just makes the console and lets everyone else make games and throw money at them for exclusives. nintendo are heavily involved with the game making process and when you see the games they release (zelda, mario, metroid, smash brothers) you can't help but like the console. in the end yes they are re-released games but its the same with pro evolution, if it ain't broke don't fix it. how many times has pro evolution been out? coming up to 6 times now...and in that time how many times has Mario been released as a true 1 player mario game? about the same amount from SNES days. in the end nintendo makes games that are fun to play, they make you come back for more. the new controller is a great way forward (especially when your a FPS shooter fan like myself) and with the cheap console price and cheaper games nintendo will be the console to have.

I also believe when you look at the xbox 360 (which i have) and PS3 (won't be getting) the graphics do look amazing, however most of the games being released are going to be multi-format...Pro Evo, GTA just to name a few...there really isn't a need to have both of these consoles...you'll get the odd game that will be amazing and it will only be on one of them but is it really worth shelling out £700+ on 2 consoles just for a few extra games...for the common man/woman the answer has to be no.

also nintendos choice to not go High Def was a good one, half the people i know don't have a High Def TV (i'm a lucky one who does) but in the end there isn't a big enough market for HD gaming yet, maybe in USA and Japan yes but at the moment in the UK we have only started getting HD TV in stores that are any good, namely Pioneer Plasma TVs!

In my opinion i think everyone will have a xbox 360 and wii and sony will go from first to last due to the high price for the console and supposed 59.99 price for some games.

Last edited:

"It's just my opinion that the DS is shite, and there aren't any good games for it"
WTF?!?!
It's teh funniest thing I heard in years, LOL!
jokes apart, there are LOTS of great games on DS and LOTS coming, and if you want examples look at my previous posts in this very thread.
Everyone has different tastes, but c'mon you can't be serious.

Getting mine this weekend. Costs almost 60 euros cheaper here in Hong Kong than in Europe. Gunna probably get a white lite and the super SD thingy.

ClassicD said:
Plenty of great DS games IMO, and I don't see how stuff like Castlevania and Tetris are kiddies games. New SMB is classic gaming, anyone who plays that and doesn't think it's any good must have some weird tastes......

Totally agree on this ClassicD, I don't get peoples attitude to Nintendo and their so called "kiddies" games. they are far from it, they pioneer a lot of gaming IMO. Although the PSX was the first cd console that made it big, it was Nintendo that came up with the idea. I love the games they make, sure some people see it as either regurgitated or cartoon like I see it as being perfectionised and fun.

The DS is a great hand-held, I do have both but it was the DS I got first. Now I do love them both but I know what one I've spent more time and money on and that is the DS. I recently got The New SMB and its a class game, also I got Brain Age which is less of a game but more of a workout though still enjoyable.

Nintendo is a name that I will stay strong with until I see them producing crap. I don't think that will ever happen as they have the video game ethos perfectly worked out. I will without a doubt own a Wii as the games that are made by Nintendo are a must for anyone that truly loves video games.

I am gettin me a DS Lite this week. Any games I should be looking to get?

I'm also thinking of getting a DS Lite with Mario Kart.

I want to know what is Mario Kart online mode like? Does it run smothly? And are there lots of people online (any of you play online)?

Last edited:

Game.net have got a 24 hour Ninty sale on today, a new offer every hour. Make sure you check it out guys!

So far we've had, DS Lites for £50, Brain Training for £10 and New Super Mari o Bros for £20

Flawl3ssCowb0y said:
Game.net have got a 24 hour Ninty sale on today, a new offer every hour. Make sure you check it out guys!

So far we've had, DS Lites for £50, Brain Training for £10 and New Super Mari o Bros for £20

Good luck to everyone who actually tries to buy owt from that, they must have about 5 of each of the items at these cheap prices as they sell within a minute

Stringer Bell said:
I'm also thinking of getting a DS Lite with Mario Kart.

I want to know what is Mario Kart online mode like? Does it run smothly? And are there lots of people online (any of you play online)?

Mario Kart is very smooth online! i not played onine in a while so dunno how busy it is. i never had problems finding people to play though.

Nice one kobahi, if i get it, i'll contact you for a game by PM!

Anyone else play Mario Kart online?

Last edited:

Joystick said:
Traded in my PSP and two games for £125 at Game yesterday. I thought that was fairly resonable to be honest, especially as the lot cost me £180 when I bought it. Got a white DS lite instead and very happy indeed with it!

The DS may not be as powerful but fundamentally the software speaks for itself. I had bearly touched my PSP for about a month, even when I went on holiday it sat in my bag most of the time. That was the final straw for me. The bottom line is do you want to play second rate handheld versions of the games you can buy for your home console on your PSP, or do you want bespoke original games you can only buy for DS due to the stylus control system?

The fact the DS lite is such a sexy beast made up my mind for me :)
Its all about opinions but my opinion is that your bonkers for trading a psp for a DS, Considering neither is expensive you should have got both.

Back
Top Bottom