[Next Gen] Fifa 14 - General Discussion

Only if you enjoy blowouts. On Pro I regularly win 4-, 5-0. That's why I said there's a crazy difficulty spike.

Oh I dont want that then, damn, guess I'd better get better.

Was playing Man City away and couldn't get near the ball, was brilliant in terms of AI but sooooo frustrating haha.

Maybe switching to legacy defending might help. I'm still using the new method and am doing okay defensively, I never seem to win but at the same time I never take a thrashing either. I'm doing quite well by constantly using R1 to second press with team mates while controlling someone else to hang back and watch runners off the ball. It works nicely and you see some lovely off the ball runs from the COM.

My problem is scoring goals. Though I did randomly score a peach from nearly 40 yards with Valbuena, it dipped in front of the keeper before bouncing into the far corner, looked awesome.

I still can't decide if I prefer slow or normal speed though. The more I swap between them, the more I'm getting convinced that players take more pronounced touches of the ball and miscontrol a lot more depending on their ability when playing normal speed. Could game speed be affecting the engine physics somehow? Slow speed feels like it makes players feel a bit similar in those regards.

Last edited:
Im not getting thrashed, its just in terms of containing its ok, it forces them back and I also press with team mate, just its so hard to get it back off them, im only losing by the odd goal or drawing most games.

I got used to defending quite well on the 360 but its just harder on Xbox One, maybe its the controller im not sure, the AI is definitely one step ahead of you seemingly though.

Im not getting thrashed, its just in terms of containing its ok, it forces them back and I also press with team mate, just its so hard to get it back off them, im only losing by the odd goal or drawing most games.

I got used to defending quite well on the 360 but its just harder on Xbox One, maybe its the controller im not sure, the AI is definitely one step ahead of you seemingly though.

I haven't got the chance to play NG version yet but assist level for defence on CG is crazy..

One gripe I have about this next gen Fifa - still the teams dont shoot enough from distance.

Thats my only complaint.

They don't shoot enough from distance, but I definitely see more shots and (some) players do shoot from distance. I wish there was a setting/slider for that.

I have been having a lot of fun though, my career doesn't seem so boring. I did have 6 losses in a row (Genoa, lost to Cagliari, Lazio, Milan, ummm and three teams I should have beat). Games I feel like I'm dominating, I'm actually not. Some games I have success down the wing, others I can play through the middle. I have noticed some teems press extremely hard, and some just back off and play slow. There are teams that play down the wing and just whip crosses in all day and others who play a slow buildup.

Or I'm crazy.

It's definitely harder. I asked one of the devs about it on twitter and he said that changes to the AI plus all the new animations allows the AI to be much better in possession.

After years of complaining that that AI was poor at retaining possession, I like that it's harder, though the balance between the CPU's attack ability and the defensive system seems a little off to me, especially since we're only talking about WC difficulty.

This game is so much better than CG just for the battles alone. On Professional, I'm having constant scraps and it's brilliant.

Well, at least this thread is doing a good job of convincing me that getting a PS4 mainly to play Fifa 14 might be a good idea. ;)

just spent an hour on this and coming from PC visually I'm not impressed , i dont know what I was expecting but there you go. Cameras are also knackered too with limited options for zoom and height. If you havent got FIFA 14 at all then obviously get it but 40-50 quid is steep also considering the modes that are missing. I havent played it on PS3/XBOX so cant comment but if you have it already on PC not worth the upgrade. Wait until next year and see what happens

I enjoy careermode now ,but no tournementmode or + more make it feel incomplete,
Exhibition games are just that,we could use pen and paper to make our own leagues or cups ,if they at least patched in these options with exhibitions games :ability to choose home and away games ,final games where you can choose a cup or other throphys before playing ,with ceremony for winner at the end ,or mark a game as derbygame before playing with more intense and agressive gameplay and crowds ,no stats and topscorerl ,assist statts but it would be something at least .
No news about patch for ps4 yet ,but yes it would be great if they bring back +more options,but unlikely.

just spent an hour on this and coming from PC visually I'm not impressed , i dont know what I was expecting but there you go. Cameras are also knackered too with limited options for zoom and height. If you havent got FIFA 14 at all then obviously get it but 40-50 quid is steep also considering the modes that are missing. I havent played it on PS3/XBOX so cant comment but if you have it already on PC not worth the upgrade. Wait until next year and see what happens

But isn't the PC version missing all the new AI improvements, the new animations, the improved momentum and protect the ball, features, etc.?

Those for me make next gen such a better game, just as much as the graphic improvements, and I couldn't imagine going back. If you have a next gen system, even if you have it for the PC, I don't know why you wouldn't get the next gen version. It's not just about the graphics.

But isn't the PC version missing all the new AI improvements, the new animations, the improved momentum and protect the ball, features, etc.?

Those for me make next gen such a better game, just as much as the graphic improvements, and I couldn't imagine going back. If you have a next gen system, even if you have it for the PC, I don't know why you wouldn't get the next gen version. It's not just about the graphics.

Yep agree there are a few more animations and AI plays slightly better but still not good enough to justify buying it if you already own it . Only in my opinion . Also I've played some more now and fouls still non existent

Yep agree there are a few more animations and AI plays slightly better but still not good enough to justify buying it if you already own it . Only in my opinion . Also I've played some more now and fouls still non existent

Well if you're a hardcore fan, like most of us here are, and you're likely to get 100+ hours of enjoyment out of it, I don't know why on earth you wouldn't get the next gen version if you have the option.

And saying that there are only a "few" more animations, that the AI plays on "slightly" better, and that fouls are "non-existent" are obvious understatements. Also, the first and last are not opinions; they're incorrect observations.

Believe it when you try it yourself, I remember with CG Fifa14 people were coming out and saying the first patch made it some kind of super fast arcade game with removing the sense of inertia and footplanting from it which was nonsense.

Having bought the PC version, I'm certainly happy to have paid out for the NG version. Certainly worth it to me.

I played the PC version of FIFA 14 exclusively before buying FIFA 14 for the PS4. I enjoy the latter a lot more and while it's not drastically different, the improvements are clear as day for anyone to see. Well worth it in my opinion.

I tried the FIFA14 demo on my PS3 the other day and went back to the PS4 version, there is a massive difference. From game speed, to ball and player physics, animations, graphics, presentation, even down to console-related stuff like being able to multi-task by pressing the controller button to come out of the game, and instantly pick up from where you left off, to being able to record video of matches etc etc. The next gen controllers are also far superior.

FIFA14 next gen is not just about the game itself, it's all the other stuff that comes with the console IMO.

Disagree. Fifa 14 NG is very similar to Fifa 14 CG. The same feeling. I only noticed much better graphics, superb atmosphere, 3D crowd, replays and better shooting.Physics and animations looks very, very similar to Fifa 14 CG. For me big surprised was collision system in Fifa 14 NG because in Pes 2014 on Havok engine it's looks much better and more realistic.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom