New Serious Football Game - Man of the Match

yeahhhhh...erm...really don't see the point of showing that. They could have just said with words that the gameplay will be slow and more on the realistic side.
For just an early build, the animations look better than ufl and goals already imo

You guys do realize that this is not Gameplay but a CGI video made to look like gameplay? Similar to what The Day before did.

Even though got to hand it to them they made it smartly look like it could be gameplay with putting in some bugs (warping ball).

You guys do realize that this is not Gameplay but a CGI video made to look like gameplay? Similar to what The Day before did.

Even though got to hand it to them they made it smartly look like it could be gameplay with putting in some bugs (warping ball).
yes, that's why I said my last post.

Last edited:
pace is awesome, like the look of the direction their heading so far, obviously lot of work still need to be done, but i really like what i see

pace is awesome, like the look of the direction their heading so far, obviously lot of work still need to be done, but i really like what i see
What do you like the most about it?

-that this is not real gameplay but fake CGI trying to fool people into thinking that it is gameplay
-how they warped the ball to make some people think this is real
-having player stand around so that you get fooled that this is real gameplay
-that they need to show a fake CGI trailer because they have nothing to show and try to pull money out of people who think this is good

I really thought that after "The day before" people don't fall for this anymore.

And yes the guy in the beginning says it is "Concept Gameplay" still it is very clear what they are doing here.

What do you like the most about it?

-that this is not real gameplay but fake CGI trying to fool people into thinking that it is gameplay
-how they warped the ball to make some people think this is real
-having player stand around so that you get fooled that this is real gameplay
-that they need to show a fake CGI trailer because they have nothing to show and try to pull money out of people who think this is good

I really thought that after "The day before" people don't fall for this anymore.

And yes the guy in the beginning says it is "Concept Gameplay" still it is very clear what they are doing here.
None of the screenshots resemble anything close to an actual game; they're just CGI. It's doubtful that they'll match the final product, assuming if there is any product at all.

From my perspective, it seems like the approach here is akin to wanting to build a new car, but starting with the paint job, doors, and fancy multimedia-navigation systems without you having done the engine, steering, and chassis.

The entire focus appears to be on Marketplaces, Badges, Pricing, Money, Packages, Season Passes, and Special items, yet there's no trace of an actual game, not even a pre-pre-pre alpha version. Frankly, this doesn't make sense to me. Creating CGI concepts is one thing, but constructing functional real-time gameplay is completely a different story.

I'm closely following the situation because I'm a fan of co-op and 11 vs 11 modes, but I see two possible scenarios unfolding here:

Firstly, the simplest and most apparent scenario is that this individual might be a fraud!
Aiming to gather as much money as possible in some way or another. Over the next couple of years, they could keep stringing people along with false updates and information, only to eventually abandon the project, citing depletion of funds. This leads to the question: Why would they put their name and face out there? Admittedly, there's minimal information available about him, despite claims of decades of programming experience. Only a couple of books on HTML and C++ are attributed to his name and nothing more.

The second, more complicated scenario is that ......he is delusional.
Many of us, at some point over the years, have mused, 'I could make a better game than Konami and EA because I know what needs fixing.' However, He has skipped that theoretical phase and actually embarked on an attempt. Evidently, a considerable amount of effort and thought, even if misdirected, has gone into getting the project to this point.

Despite both scenarios, I'm skeptical that the endeavor will reach a final product or even an alpha version.
In one of the live streams, he admitted that he lacks any game development experience, and his team remains exceptionally small. His responses to mechanics and modes are often overly enthusiastic, shifting from 'yes, we'll do it' to 'everything will be in the game.' did not even rule out the possibility of fighting for the FIFA name and license...
We've heard similar promises from numerous failed projects in the past.

Complex questions yield vague answers.
For example to a question:
" What makes you believe that you will be able to make a better football simulator than Konami or EA, who have decades of experience, huge budgets, and teams, or even that it will do a better job than GOLZ and UFL, who have It's been several years already and they still haven't made significant progress,"
his answer is...
"That is why we are approaching investors.
To get our team bigger"
That is a bad answer for me!
A large team doesn't necessarily guarantee a successful football simulator; FIFA stands as a stark example of this.

In his last video, he tried to answer the awkward questions, failed again, touched on the issue of people thinking he's a scammer, yet still calling the GCI video gameplay or even a concept of gameplay is super misleading, and for that matter, some people will call him a scammer, even if he is not!
I can see people here and on YouTube being misled into thinking that this is going to be the gameplay of the game one way or the other and it's all Mayer's fault.

Last edited:
None of the screenshots resemble anything close to an actual game; they're just CGI. It's doubtful that they'll match the final product, assuming if there is any product at all.

From my perspective, it seems like the approach here is akin to wanting to build a new car, but starting with the paint job, doors, and fancy multimedia-navigation systems without you having done the engine, steering, and chassis.

The entire focus appears to be on Marketplaces, Badges, Pricing, Money, Packages, Season Passes, and Special items, yet there's no trace of an actual game, not even a pre-pre-pre alpha version. Frankly, this doesn't make sense to me. Creating CGI concepts is one thing, but constructing functional real-time gameplay is completely a different story.

I'm closely following the situation because I'm a fan of co-op and 11 vs 11 modes, but I see two possible scenarios unfolding here:

Firstly, the simplest and most apparent scenario is that this individual might be a fraud!
Aiming to gather as much money as possible in some way or another. Over the next couple of years, they could keep stringing people along with false updates and information, only to eventually abandon the project, citing depletion of funds. This leads to the question: Why would they put their name and face out there? Admittedly, there's minimal information available about him, despite claims of decades of programming experience. Only a couple of books on HTML and C++ are attributed to his name and nothing more.

Many of us, at some point over the years, have mused, 'I could make a better game than Konami and EA because I know what needs fixing.' However, He has skipped that theoretical phase and actually embarked on an attempt. Evidently, a considerable amount of effort and thought, even if misdirected, has gone into getting the project to this point.

Despite both scenarios, I'm skeptical that the endeavor will reach a final product or even an alpha version.
In one of the live streams, he admitted that he lacks any game development experience, and his team remains exceptionally small. His responses to mechanics and modes are often overly enthusiastic, shifting from 'yes, we'll do it' to 'everything will be in the game.' did not even rule out the possibility of fighting for the FIFA name and license...

" What makes you believe that you will be able to make a better football simulator than Konami or EA, who have decades of experience, huge budgets, and teams, or even that it will do a better job than GOLZ and UFL, who have It's been several years already and they still haven't made significant progress,"
his answer is...
To get our team bigger"
A large team doesn't necessarily guarantee a successful football simulator; FIFA stands as a stark example of this.

In his last video, he tried to answer the awkward questions, failed again, touched on the issue of people thinking he's a scammer, yet still calling the GCI video gameplay or even a concept of gameplay is super misleading, and for that matter, some people will call him a scammer, even if he is not!
I can see people here and on YouTube being misled into thinking that this is going to be the gameplay of the game one way or the other and it's all Mayer's fault.
Wow you did a good job of compiling all that, plenty of red flags there.

his answer is...
To get our team bigger"

There is already a new video posted on YT.

This is really bullshit i think. He is talking about things that are not yet there. Like associations who have leagues. And maybe international matches. Like in reallife. Fixed fixtures, like 21.00 on a saturday. Rivalry between clubs (you cannot have rivalry when you just beginning).
I even have seen a fan gameplay video.

I cannot believe people thinks this is true. They support this scam with their wellearned money. (i think the people who pay are kids, i can not prove that).
I also thinks that the "manager" is putting out too much vids in a short time. But their goal is to be on the marked in 2025, so why the hurry?

There is already a new video posted on YT.

This is really bullshit i think. He is talking about things that are not yet there. Like associations who have leagues. And maybe international matches. Like in reallife. Fixed fixtures, like 21.00 on a saturday. Rivalry between clubs (you cannot have rivalry when you just beginning).
I even have seen a fan gameplay video.

I cannot believe people thinks this is true. They support this scam with their wellearned money. (i think the people who pay are kids, i can not prove that).
I also thinks that the "manager" is putting out too much vids in a short time. But their goal is to be on the marked in 2025, so why the hurry?
Yes, I saw it, but again he talks about topics that no one cares about or wants at this stage, in my opinion, he throws ideas and wishes without having any idea how to implement them!

For example, in their Live Stream, on August 1st, they talked about that, how every single game will be recorded on their server so that everyone can watch it, and gather information about a certain player, which will help scouts, situations, or report cheating or unfair play.

Let's summarize, this same server will have to connect 22 players + an unspecified number of random spectators who will be in the stadium, and synchronize them, since each may be on a different platform, different hardware, different internet speed, different part of the world and in addition to record the match in real time !?
How?
What will this hell of a server and black magic be like?

I do not doubt that he wants all of this to happen, but I don't think he has a clue how to do it, technically.

Yes, I saw it, but again he talks about topics that no one cares about or wants at this stage, in my opinion, he throws ideas and wishes without having any idea how to implement them!

For example, in their Live Stream, on August 1st, they talked about that, how every single game will be recorded on their server so that everyone can watch it, and gather information about a certain player, which will help scouts, situations, or report cheating or unfair play.

Let's summarize, this same server will have to connect 22 players + an unspecified number of random spectators who will be in the stadium, and synchronize them, since each may be on a different platform, different hardware, different internet speed, different part of the world and in addition to record the match in real time !?
How?
What will this hell of a server and black magic be like?

I do not doubt that he wants all of this to happen, but I don't think he has a clue how to do it, technically.

Yes thats what i think also..

He doesnt think about how to do it, but is more of a fantasy of "whats the best game ever we can make?".. I cant listen to him anymore. I am become agressive.
And how does he see "spectator mode"? Everyone is sitting behind pc or xbox with mic and singing songs? Does he think people are stupid? Players dont want to be spectators, they wanted to be attackers scoring goals.
Its kind or weird, on the one hand he said "there is spectator mode with mic" but on the other hand he said "when you have a club with defensive profile, and you conceding goals too much goals then supporters said: We dont come anymore, so you lose income".. Are the supporters real people, or are they ai?

Yes thats what i think also..

He doesnt think about how to do it, but is more of a fantasy of "whats the best game ever we can make?".. I cant listen to him anymore. I am become agressive.
And how does he see "spectator mode"? Everyone is sitting behind pc or xbox with mic and singing songs? Does he think people are stupid? Players dont want to be spectators, they wanted to be attackers scoring goals.
Its kind or weird, on the one hand he said "there is spectator mode with mic" but on the other hand he said "when you have a club with defensive profile, and you conceding goals too much goals then supporters said: We dont come anymore, so you lose income".. Are the supporters real people, or are they ai?
Some of that sounds ridiculous and confused. Such a disappointment after the some of the (very) initial enthusiasm on here.
I wouldn’t be surprised though if EA FC goes in a direction along these lines though in the future (without the more gimmicky stuff) or Maybe EA will just keep releasing the same kind of game they are.

"We are competing with giants..."

:LOL:
What giants??
There's literally EA Tsubasa Football and the rest are all bad jokes.

Everyone play Fifa, coz there's nothing else to play.
And everyone is trying to make Ultimate Team clone, coz everybody wants a bit of cake before some proper regulations come.

I know this game is a scam, you can see it from miles away.

But the rest still stands. There are no giants. There's one mutated, ugly beast, that pretends to be football and small little mutants who would love to be the ugly beast.

If anyone is still genuinely thinking of helping fund this….. See what happens when even a respected creator does crowdfunding.. Seriously do not waste your money on this!

"We are competing with giants..."

:LOL:
What giants??
There's literally EA Tsubasa Football and the rest are all bad jokes.

Everyone play Fifa, coz there's nothing else to play.
And everyone is trying to make Ultimate Team clone, coz everybody wants a bit of cake before some proper regulations come.

I know this game is a scam, you can see it from miles away.

But the rest still stands. There are no giants. There's one mutated, ugly beast, that pretends to be football and small little mutants who would love to be the ugly beast.
I wonder if regulators will finally do something, and whether that could change the business models for EA enough to take it in a better direction. Fantasy?

I wonder if regulators will finally do something, and whether that could change the business models for EA enough to take it in a better direction. Fantasy?
In the Man of the Match case, yes, it's all just Fantasy and Delusions.

Especially if you watch Mayer's latest video where he talks about the "Play to Earn" mode, to me everything he says in it is absurd.
Even if we exclude that we don't have a game but it talks about everything, let's assume it's SUPER, the best football simulator ever made, which of course won't happen, it expects to have millions or at least tens of thousands of players from every country, yes there are local leagues and sponsors to pay the players who play, just like in real life! Do I need to explain how insane this sounds?

In the end, he directed everyone's attention to the Kickstarter project, where he mentioned that if you buy a certain package, it guarantees you a place in the first divisions and a large part of the income, and it's actually free money... we've already heard this in many crypto and scam projects.

In the Man of the Match case, yes, it's all just Fantasy and Delusions.

Especially if you watch Mayer's latest video where he talks about the "Play to Earn" mode, to me everything he says in it is absurd.
Even if we exclude that we don't have a game but it talks about everything, let's assume it's SUPER, the best football simulator ever made, which of course won't happen, it expects to have millions or at least tens of thousands of players from every country, yes there are local leagues and sponsors to pay the players who play, just like in real life! Do I need to explain how insane this sounds?

In the end, he directed everyone's attention to the Kickstarter project, where he mentioned that if you buy a certain package, it guarantees you a place in the first divisions and a large part of the income, and it's actually free money... we've already heard this in many crypto and scam projects.
Oh exactly. Man Of The Match is so dodgy. That sounds ridiculous!

For context, since my English is not good, and some people might be wondering what I'm talking about, how about this:

The saddest thing is the comments, the problem is that people desperately want it to be true, ignoring critical thinking to see that it's all bullshit...

For context, since my English is not good, and some people might be wondering what I'm talking about, how about this:

The saddest thing is the comments, the problem is that people desperately want it to be true, ignoring critical thinking to see that it's all bullshit...
Your English was great on that post, totally got what you were saying. So now everyone on Evo Web has seen through the scam, I wonder how many people believe this..

Back
Top Bottom