New Serious Football Game - Man of the Match

14DAAD6F-B7E5-451C-A36A-558DA0A218F0.png56A2A8D0-3730-4743-BF57-B8F21401538E.pngE8F4DEDF-7FA0-41E8-9829-C96010FCCBD0.pngB32A89BE-574E-4E6E-8D4B-B2251CE22371.png5735C6F1-9B36-410E-AD5E-23BED3BAADF0.png318C2E74-CEF9-41CB-93A1-FEE478977EF2.png38375569-7820-4A79-99B5-F03FD7AC0495.png

Attachments

• 0EFB138E-C2D3-4C32-9DC1-56E272A66B97.png
    0EFB138E-C2D3-4C32-9DC1-56E272A66B97.png
    361.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 5D87357B-28DB-47F9-B8BE-B662839760D3.png
    5D87357B-28DB-47F9-B8BE-B662839760D3.png
    557.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 9AD9480F-9CDE-4894-9F3F-B04677B08EEE.png
    9AD9480F-9CDE-4894-9F3F-B04677B08EEE.png
    342.6 KB · Views: 11
Soon to be on a KickScammers episode near you.

Honestly basically he is telling people everything they want to hear, while also clearly advertising an NFT/Earth 2 concept (cashing out on clubs).

Don't fall for it, this sounds super fishy.

Of course he doesn't want to make profits, he is the good guy, your friend, one of you.

This literally is every bad Kickstarter that channels like KiraTV have reported on over the past few years.

So he basically wants to start a kickstarter campaign to raise funds for a game, which he intends on releasing for free?
With absolutely no reason to buy add-ons?

This just sounds like a massive scam.

He wants $5m dollars now to blow on a few holidays and then release Sociable Soccer.

So he basically wants to start a kickstarter campaign to raise funds for a game, which he intends on releasing for free?
With absolutely no reason to buy add-ons?

This just sounds like a massive scam.

He wants $5m dollars now to blow on a few holidays and then release Sociable Soccer.
As I understood this, he got offered 5mil. 🤷‍♂️

As I understood this, he got offered 5mil. 🤷‍♂️

thats what he said. So we can see him as a good and honest person.
All what we can see for now is words, words, words.. No gameplay. But we can invest in his project..

Scam

Thoughts?
Atm, the game is set to be released in 2025

F2EX2l_XYAAIXjF.jpg

F2HfejUXwAAvy-_

1690580985282.png

Last edited:
After watching this, I trust him. I really think he's genuine and just wants to create a good unique game.

Think about it, if you are in his position. Getting backers this way is the best way to ensure you have money, but also have the freedom to create the exact game you want. Otherwise investors would obviously just demand a FUT copy and all that nonsense to maximum revenue and a ROI and mess up your vision.

Sure.

I am still amazed that people fall for stuff like this.

A guy talking about all the things that basically people say in forums, no presentation of the team behind it or anything, just 17 minutes of how he is the good guy and saviour.

This still sounds so much like the typical scams.

But if you want to believe in him go for it ;)

Just don't be surprised if you get scammed in the end.

Again if you watched any episode on YouTube about some of the Scams on Kickstarter, all he is saying will sound pretty familiar.

It is the classic thing: guy with no background in gaming promises to make the ultimate game that will fulfill all the wishes people have.

If you have time watch on YouTube some videos about: Earth 2 or Chronicles of Elyria. You will see how familiar this seems.

If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

I think it was Pratchett who once wrote: If you want to sell glass as diamonds, you first need to make people really want to see diamonds.

Last edited:
After watching this, I trust him. I really think he's genuine and just wants to create a good unique game.

Think about it, if you are in his position. Getting backers this way is the best way to ensure you have money, but also have the freedom to create the exact game you want. Otherwise investors would obviously just demand a FUT copy and all that nonsense to maximum revenue and a ROI and mess up your vision.
trust yourself?

Sure.

I am still amazed that people fall for stuff like this.

A guy talking about all the things that basically people say in forums, no presentation of the team behind it or anything, just 17 minutes of how he is the good guy and saviour.

This still sounds so much like the typical scams.

But if you want to believe in him go for it ;)

Just don't be surprised if you get scammed in the end.

Again if you watched any episode on YouTube about some of the Scams on Kickstarter, all he is saying will sound pretty familiar.

It is the classic thing: guy with no background in gaming promises to make the ultimate game that will fulfill all the wishes people have.

If you have time watch on YouTube some videos about: Earth 2 or Chronicles of Elyria. You will see how familiar this seems.

If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

I think it was Pratchett who once wrote: If you want to sell glass as diamonds, you first need to make people really want to see diamonds.
Well I’ll say I trust him a little, but not enough to fund his Kickstarter without much more information and actual gameplay.

Scrap what I said, I just saw a video with a fake living room as a green screen background.:CONF:

Saw his Kickstarter Video (what you will get), just some fun buzzwords for you:

Marketplace, Season Pass, Rare and Limited Items, Purchaseable Items, Packages.

Such a good guy who is doing things so different. Clearly not having Investors Made him go in a totally different direction :D

I mean it was clear from the beginning what this is going to be.

WTF? I just checked his Kickstarter that started today, only a few hours ago. 75 people have already pledged just over half of the $10k target.

Last edited:
I especially love the part where in the FAQ he claims he doesn't do NFTs but in his Campaign description talks about rare items that you can trade for profit in a special marketplace.

My kind of humor.
I'm amused someone has paid £780 for one of the highest rewards and to be on the cover!

plot twist, it's actually the guy CEO himself that pay it, lol
I mean I haven’t really looked up how scam kickstarters operate, but if someone was *scamming* I wouldn’t be surprised if there was kind of company that would arrange people to “fund” your crowdfunding campaigns to make it look like it’s gonna get funded and encourage others to back it. PS: Perhaps I have to be careful, and say I am not accusing him of being a scammer. But also the project sounds dodgy and real money is just a red flag.

Making a football game is virtually impossible until you have atleast 100+ people working on it. It's the hardest game to make due to how many animations you would need. You need atleast 20 animators to be able to build a sim-like game.
In the live video they did tonight, the bloke said the team is 15 strong lol. This seems farrrr too ambitious if it's not a scam. (If it is a scam, I wonder: why not lie about the number of people on the team, and other things, to project a more certain picture of success?)
This screams: NFT, Ponzi Scheme etc very loudly

Buying and selling clubs, investing in clubs, cashing out....seems like Earth 2 football edition.

I especially love the part where in the FAQ he claims he doesn't do NFTs but in his Campaign description talks about rare items that you can trade for profit in a special marketplace.

My kind of humor.
I don't think it's quite right to classify this as NFT based. There's no mention of Blockchain. The proposed business model seems to be this: allow people (digital artists) to create in-game assets (i.e. cosmetics), which they can sell on a centralized marketplace. Other players can buy those assets (didn't hear/read anything about further trading) for their avatars. Players can also buy assets made by the developers, though those who purchase a season pass access all developer-made assets. Players can win money from the revenue created by this model.

Now, do I think that sounds like a realistic model for funding this game? No. I can't imagine it working. That said, isn't this something many people have said here for years, re how to fund an offline mode (a Master League in particular) – to the effect of selling assets. That people would be very willing to pay for those things if it supported a quality ML, etc.

I do not know if this game is a scam or not. It seems hopelessly unrealistic, at the very least. Which is a shame, because anybody who has played in the WAPES 11v11 FUMA league when it ran (before Konami fucked us) will know creating a custom BAL and competing in squads was the most fun you'd have on PES in a decade.

Something else I dislike about this (and yeah it's minor) is the use of the PlayStation branding on the top left of the trailer thumbnail they made. Reason being: this is what Sony use when they push out a trailer or preview on their official channels. Without checking the channel name, you'd easily be forgiven for thinking Sony was pushing it.

Back
Top Bottom