Microsoft Xbox 360

The old profile never signed up to XBL so it's not registered as my Gamertag on XBL.

I'll still be able to use the old profile etc, but none of it will show under my DagsJT tag which is annoying.

I read something recently about resigning a profile to keep "offline *cough*" achievements online.

Edit: Here we go http://www.pothsprojects.com/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=1168 not sure if it's applicable

Only just seen the new 4Gb internal flash memory console there, it's not shippin till August though, and it will be the new replacement for the Arcade, albeit it will have built in Wi-Fi.

As to being able to put a 250Gb HDD in it, I suspect you will, but you will have to buy a MS HDD, and that's if they release the new style ones around the same time. You can however use as many USB drives up to 16Gb as you want, and with 5 USB slots in the new machines, that's 80Gb of extra storage if needed.

Italy have a nice offer right now if you trade your xbox 360 with HDMI and 2 games you get the new 360 (250gb) for 99 Euros. Shame my console is a Japanese one :(.

US prices confirmed for the new stuff

Arcade $199,
Kinect Standalone $149,
Xbox 360 and Kinect Bundle $299

NewXbox360withKinectBundle.jpg

so that's £130, £100 and £195 if the keep the prices as the US ones are

UK prices confirmed as well. 360 S Arcade is £149.99 and Kinect is £129.99.

The new Xbox has a Kinect special port in the back along with the 3 USB slots. The Kinect is plugged directly into it, it therefore is connected to the Xbox that way and also how it gets it's power. Now if you have an older Xbox, you connect Kinect via a USB slot, but it will also need to be plugged into a power supply unit. Plus the older 360's only have one USB slot on the back, and if you are using a wireless dongle, it will already be connected to that slot.

Hmm, so it's probably worth buying the new Xbox nearer the time that Kinect will be released for it?

It depends where your 360 is though. I'd love to use an Ethernet connection, but as my router is downstairs and my 360 and PS3 are upstairs in my room, wireless is the only option. I imagine it's the same for Tim.

Can you not just use the USB hub that comes with Rock Band to solve the USB port issue?

Also, the Kinect seems really pricey, it's launching with some awful games and yet it's almost as much as another 360 console.

Last edited:
Wired online gaming > wireless online gaming.

It's not as simple as that though, loads of factors to take into account, not least if you can have cables all over your place, as we're getting our puppy in two weeks I'm trying to get rid of as many cables as possible she might like to chew on!

There's nothing wrong with my wireless network thanks :LOL:. I've played Xbox Live with wired and wireless and there's no difference mate.

You could plug the Kinect into one of the front USB ports, just it would look neater if it was plugged into the back of the console and cable hidden behind.

Well I've jumped to the Darkside, I'm 360'd up now.Got the slim yesterday and traded in all my PS3 games, did quite well got £140 which from gamestation is a fookin miracle.
Got
Alan Wake
Splinter Cell Conviction
PES 2010
Fifa 10
Mass Effect
COD MW2
Dragon Age
Lost Odyssey
As well as the 3 games that came with the slim, Fable2, GOW2 & PGR4
Must say I'm loving it, the online side is way ahead of the PS.

Back
Top Bottom