Microsoft Xbox 360

Yesterday, I have Downloaded it but not been into it yet. Not exactly a spectacular start to it from the list. Check it out here : http://wolfsgamingblog.com/2010/01/08/games-room/

Cool, got it now. Can you not 'buy' the game cabinets yet? Clicking the option does nothing...

The games on it are shit

When some old classics come out it might be ok

Christ! How old are you? Centipede, Millipede, Asteroids and Tempest are all 'classics' by definition (obviously shite by todays standards! :LOL:).

But I couldnt believe it when I saw Shao-Lins Road!!! :DANCE: forgot all about that and it brought back so many memories of pumping 10ps in at some crappy arcade on the crappy holidays my folks used to drag us on.

Loses a little bit in translation (i.e. really needs the feel of the cab and buttons etc), but still the sights and sounds are a joy!

The new 250GB Xbox 360 hard drive will cost £64.99 here and not £79.99 as once thought.

That's according to Xbox Community Manager Graeme Boyd, who also revealed that a data transfer kit will be bundled with the new drive, allowing content to migrate from old to new.

"You probably saw the announce of the 250GB Xbox HDD, but just to confirm: It is coming to UK/Europe, RRP is £64.99/99.99 Euro," Tweeted Boyd, aka AceyBongos.

"Lower the pitchforks and douse the torches - the 250GB does come with a data transfer kit. Sorry for the confusion," he chirped.

The 250GB Xbox 360 hard drive will sell from 16th April in the UK.

Before then, Microsoft will lower the price of existing 120GB HDD drive to £80. Yes, that's more expensive than 250GB drive that arrives in under a month. We're checking 'why'.

Oooh I just realised that my Sharp 32" TV is capable of displaying the Xbox at 1920x1280 resolution :)).

Mute the other fuckers then, I mute the whole team the moment I hear a 11 year old kid. However, I do sound like a yank so you'll have to put up with that.

You could do that anyway

This is mainly for easily storing and moving saves ect if you go to someone's house instead of taking the HDD

You could do that anyway

This is mainly for easily storing and moving saves ect if you go to someone's house instead of taking the HDD

Pretty sure you couldn't save music to your harddrive from usb. I remember it not working, then asking and people saying I couldn't do it ages ago?

I thought you meant just playing them from USB not saving them to the HDD

Must have missed the download part :LOL:

For those who cannot connect to Xbox live for one reason or another...

Here is the latest system update April 6 2010: http://www.sendspace.com/file/5r3ux6

Just extract the folder on a USB stick and plug it in and restart your Xbox. Then follow the on-screen prompts. BTW for those naughty pirates amongst us it also un-cripples your hard drives, meaning you can install games again.

My 360 is insanely noisy since we moved, dunno if it's because the new apartment is quieter or just because it's clogged up with dust, not sure whether I should risk the warranty by opening it to clean it out.

My 360 is insanely noisy since we moved, dunno if it's because the new apartment is quieter or just because it's clogged up with dust, not sure whether I should risk the warranty by opening it to clean it out.

Well, guess I'm the only one ;)

Ended up ordering these two:

XCM 360 High Speed Air cooler V2

360-xhsac_b2.jpg

Replaces the stock fans and has built in temperature gauges, you can adjust the fan speeds depending on what you are doing (make them quiet when watching a DVD for example), and there's also an AUTO mode which adjusts the fans based on the temperature.

Also bought one of these:

add_on_fan.a.jpg

XCM Core Cooler

add_on_fan.jpg

Back
Top Bottom