Microsoft Xbox 360

come on guys, surely one of you can anwser this question:

For the 360 owners, does the standard composite av cable that comes with the core version have an optical output port? Just been looking around various sites to find a anwser but havent been able to get it. So what i mean is a red/yellow/white connector and a opticalcable connector. Seen it for a 3rd party cable but that had hdtv connection aswell which isnt needed.

No the standard composite cable that comes with Core 360's does NOT have an optical connection.

DJ

Just a little news about Microsoft, for the moment (August06 include), only 3,750 Millions of Xbox 360 sell in the world (70% in USA), and not 5M like Microsoft says.

Why MS lie about sell ?

ThomasGOAL said:
Just a little news about Microsoft, for the moment (August06 include), only 3,750 Millions of Xbox 360 sell in the world (70% in USA), and not 5M like Microsoft says.

Why MS lie about sell ?

they probably meant 5 million shipped?

ThomasGOAL said:
sorry for my english, Micorsoft says 5M already (last month)
but official number is 3,750M (2,4M only in USA)

This is the main reason Europe got shafted. Sonys main threat comes from the US. I think by the time PS3 hits Europe the machines will be level, with the Wii miles ahead of both ;)

And I dont care that im called a 360 Fanboy.... at least ive got my next gen console Eh Thomas :)

DJ

tnx for the anwser doc. So what what you guys recommend? Core or full? Now im only gonna be playing at home and not online, i have no interest in downloading demo's, i dont want a wireless, and im likely to only be playing pes6 and gta. Im thinking the core but maybe you lot have some info to persuade me otherwise.

TS-HLG_s400.jpg

Mines a Toshiba Samsung now.

Hit the eject button and look at it. :) Philips are not known to be out in the wild, so nobody should have one of those unless they have a demo unit. If you want to flash the firmware, both the Hitachi and Samsungs have hacked firmwares that work just fine. The Smasung firmware is normally 1 step ahead ofg the hitachi, but both are hackable and both play backups fine. Head over to Xbox-Scene.com if you are interested in flashing the drives firmware.
192708_allthreedvdsxs.jpg

Last edited:
Mmm... to flash or not? I don't have time to play on XBoxLive nor do I ahve a subscription, jsut free trials LOL!

Also my COD2 came out cracked out of my XBox360 and I am having a hard time replacing it especially since I lost the reciept!!!

ashmufc said:
Mmm... to flash or not? I don't have time to play on XBoxLive nor do I ahve a subscription, jsut free trials LOL!

Also my COD2 came out cracked out of my XBox360 and I am having a hard time replacing it especially since I lost the reciept!!!

well you also have that 1 year with Microsoft so use that!

mines flashed and havin no problems so far. Loads of games but I dont play half of them. Right now Dead Rising is all I need :)

Adonis said:
mines flashed and havin no problems so far. Loads of games but I dont play half of them. Right now Dead Rising is all I need :)
I might get in trouble for asking this but...

Are there any boffins out there who could tell me what the chances are of Microsoft sending out a patch over XBOX Live that can find out if you've modified your firmware and ban you? I'd love to flash mine, but if I got kicked off Live, I'd be gutted.

Jack Bauer said:
I might get in trouble for asking this but...

Are there any boffins out there who could tell me what the chances are of Microsoft sending out a patch over XBOX Live that can find out if you've modified your firmware and ban you? I'd love to flash mine, but if I got kicked off Live, I'd be gutted.

chance right now is 50/50 im afraid. Ive got mates who use Live all the time so theres no problem right now. Also theres continuous updates being released so you could keep yourself a step ahead.

IMO if you like Live then dont bother getting it flashed.

Back
Top Bottom