Microsoft Xbox 360

Yes I think there wont be! most people I know on here, like me are early adopters of the console. So far (touches the wooden faceplate on his 360) mine has been ok other than not liking my PGR3 disc everything else works good.

DJ

So what games can you guys reccomend?

I have so far:
PGR3
GR:AW
COD2
Hitman
Top Spin 2

I still haven't completed all of them yet, but need a new game LOL!
Dead Rising, Saints Row or Just Cause?

Table Tennis. Trust me, it's out of this fucking world. Then Saints Row, but only because you've got the only other good games around. I'd recommend Burnout Revenge, which I absolutely love, but a lot of people say that because they've played it on the PS2 etc., it's no different.

table tennis is not out of this world, its a good game and cheap at that, but i would suggest playing the dead rising demo and seeing if you like it. personally i did and and looking forward to it.

Table Tennis is the kind of game that's easy to get into but impossible to master. Online it is absolutely fantastic, and this is coming from someone who feels like paying for broadband to play the other 360 games online is a waste of space, with all the guys who sit there and play 24\7 and can smell you coming from seventeen miles away. All the other games I've seen on the 360 are things that have been done before.

All depends on what you're into though, doesn't it? Personally I'd rather eat a shoe than play another FPS, another "scary" game etc...

any of you guys can help me, i gotta friend going to europe in october, he is going to london..so anybody knows the cheapest place to buy a 360 core version?

i looked in the internet and the cheapest i could find was 199 pounds(379 dollars)..which is pretty expensive if you compare to the u.s where you can find it for 299 dollars. is 199 pounds the reagular price there guys? or u guys think its better to buy i another european contry? casue i also found it for 269 euro(345 dollars) in germany. thanx guys!

Where are you coming from? England and europe are always gonna be more expensive then the US. Most of europe has the euro so thats 299e and england has a 199s price. Also you might want to watch out with importduty in your country, could make it more expensive.

Jack Bauer said:
Table Tennis. Trust me, it's out of this fucking world. Then Saints Row, but only because you've got the only other good games around. I'd recommend Burnout Revenge, which I absolutely love, but a lot of people say that because they've played it on the PS2 etc., it's no different.
Yeah I played it on PS2, I love it but don't want to for 360. I'll try the demos.

He meant Burnout.

That's fair enough then - I didn't really play it on PS2, if I had then maybe I would feel the same. I absolutely love Table Tennis though, but then I'm fed up of FPS's and the like, which I said before. Depends on what you're into. I mean, Ghost Recon is a fab FPS, but I've only played it for about an hour.

They ruined Burnout 3 when they made Burnout Revenge, traffic checking is the worst new invention in a game since god knows what, it takes all the challenge away. B3 is an awesome game, BR is just shit

Anyone know whether the quality will differ between a 19 inch widescreen monitor and a 20 inch widescreen monitor? Obviously the 20 inch supports larger resolutions, but would it really make such a big difference in terms of quality?

I'm interested in Viewsonic's 20 inch widescreen monitor but the 19 inch is significantly cheaper.... so i'm not sure if its worth going for the 20.

tiktiktiktik said:
Where are you coming from? England and europe are always gonna be more expensive then the US. Most of europe has the euro so thats 299e and england has a 199s price. Also you might want to watch out with importduty in your country, could make it more expensive.

thanx for the info man.. im from brazil... and this person who will bring it to me is problaby gonna hide the console in his bag. so hopefully the costums wont ask him to open it. lol

matherto said:
They ruined Burnout 3 when they made Burnout Revenge, traffic checking is the worst new invention in a game since god knows what, it takes all the challenge away. B3 is an awesome game, BR is just shit
Think you've posted some amount of pish in the past, but I agree with that post 100%. BO3: Takedown, absolutely mint game, and traffic checking ruined 4 to the point I didn't want to play it. You were constantly on the edge in 3, couldn't hit anything at high-speed, later levels were an adrenaline rush. In 4 you just hammer through half the traffic, very boring and requiring nowhere near the concentration and skill.

If 5 has TC they can shove it up their arse.

Milanista said:
Anyone know whether the quality will differ between a 19 inch widescreen monitor and a 20 inch widescreen monitor? Obviously the 20 inch supports larger resolutions, but would it really make such a big difference in terms of quality?

I'm interested in Viewsonic's 20 inch widescreen monitor but the 19 inch is significantly cheaper.... so i'm not sure if its worth going for the 20.

no difference and most likely same resolution on both displays.

bigger size doesn't equal bigger resolutions.

for example most 50" plasmas have a resolution of 1280x720 or even less.

Table Tennis is addictive, fun but frustrating at times, I would say go for PGR3, GR:AW, Table Tennis and IMHO Saints Row.

DJ

Milanista said:
Obviously the 20 inch supports larger resolutions, but would it really make such a big difference in terms of quality?

Are you sure it supports high resolutions? If so which ones?

Are you buying for your PC and 360 together? Or is this monitor standalone for 360? Also are you planning to upgrade to Windows Vista (and BluRay/HD-DVD Drive on your PC anytime soon)?

I would go 20" due to larger screen size :)

You coming to England soon for uni right? Why not buy here? How much is the one you are getting? You can buy good 23" HDTVs for £400 or so.

Thats what I'm going to do. But my budget is roughly 250, since London ain't exactly cheap:D

I just want to know whether the big price jump from 19' to 20' is worth it.

I would expect it to be cheaper to have it ship to brazil straight from the US. Via europe means youll be paying for transport twice (the initial extra cost a gameshop would charge for importing and then the actual shipping from europe to swiss.

i cant order directly from from brazil casue the costums would charge me 75% of the valuew in taxes..so that would be the same as i buy 2 360.
so the best solution for me is if i can find the ntsc to buy in europe as i will be there in october...than i can bring the 360 in my bag without having to pay extra import taxes.
i am there some european stores that sell the american 360, ive already found one called g-games , theyre selling the u.s. ntsc 360 for 475 euro.
so i posted here to see if someone knows a cheaper place for it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom