Matchpoint - Tennis Championship [All Platforms]

I hope those Top Spin 5 rumours are true, 4 still has the best animations and general player movement imo, the only thing i did not like was that it can become very repetitive, not the best ball physics, fun to play regardless

also happy they bring back Skate, now i only hope for Fight Night and NFL 2k to return, its been way too long...

One thing I think would be great is if they released a modern tennis game but with a roster of all-time greats.

Federer, Sampras, Nadal, Agassi, Borg, McEnroe, Lendl, Djokovic, Connors, Edberg, Becker, etc.. A full roster of tennis legends would be great, I'd purchase it in a second. :TU:
That's what i liked in TS4 and also Fight Night Champion.
UFC do that too, you can fight with some Pride (before UFC, more dangerous) like Royce Gracie.

My biggest disappointement is that there's isn't the legendary Fedor Emilianenko... He on EA Sport UFC on PS360, but the game was average.
Nothing in UFC 1 to 4 (i checked) but i stopped after the 2. I hate fighting on the ground, it's like playing a strategy game but weird, it kills your two analog sticks too lol.

That's also why i would like a Boxing game or, even if the champions are far less known, a Kick-boxing game.

Not exactly my rumour. There are now more sources verifying what I've posted here.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/tennis/998369-new-topspin-development.html
Yes sorry i didn't mentionned your name mate but i believed everything you said, probably coming from a source or somoene you could know in intern (as you seems pretty interested by Tennis games in general with a great knowledge)
I was kinda linked with one database guy working for Konami so i learned many things. He left on January 2020 our editing team / And also his job after a last Winter transfers for PES 2021 / probably he was aware of the future... He loved creating teams especially Bundes it but that's another story.

One thing I think would be great is if they released a modern tennis game but with a roster of all-time greats.

Federer, Sampras, Nadal, Agassi, Borg, McEnroe, Lendl, Djokovic, Connors, Edberg, Becker, etc.. A full roster of tennis legends would be great, I'd purchase it in a second. :TU:
Well, if 2K did another Top Spin game in the "molds" of NBA 2k, that would be totally possible. Although very unlikely :(

Well, if 2K did another Top Spin game in the "molds" of NBA 2k, that would be totally possible. Although very unlikely :(
They also need an advanced player creator. The roster was very limited. Need something like AO Tennis/Tennis Elbow where you can select some creation online, and keep their stats system. I even think you can play with them online... The point will differs if the player is too strong etc.

It doesn't seem like in the past that players got exclusivity for each game (perhaps one or two no idea). Thanks for it, i remember what EA did with Gran Slam Tennis, one of the reason Top Spin disappeared... No player, no game. But now, solution is like AO Tennis etc.

Talking about players creation, i remember on TS for stats distribution was one of the most easy and more or less accurate i've see in sports games.

Sad we didn't (i already talk in the past) have a system like this for Football game with like the player "behavior" point by point to create a full player all stats.
Kinda harder, but doable.

Back to Matchpoint, i wasn't a big fan about what @bsmaff pointed. Will search the demo perhaps on US store as it's not on PSN, but to me after some recoil and seeing some vids, it doesn't seems better than AO Tennis 2. About the atmosphere i don't care.
Just that i got a bit too much of Top Spin 4, i ever got more fun retried for real this time 16 bits games, and discovered Virtua Tennis 2 "in waiting for".

But it's completely different as a game like TS with inertia, and so much included stuffs regarding physics which i like, the ball direction and power isn't influed by the same things at all.

They also need an advanced player creator. The roster was very limited. Need something like AO Tennis/Tennis Elbow where you can select some creation online, and keep their stats system. I even think you can play with them online... The point will differs if the player is too strong etc.

It doesn't seem like in the past that players got exclusivity for each game (perhaps one or two no idea). Thanks for it, i remember what EA did with Gran Slam Tennis, one of the reason Top Spin disappeared... No player, no game. But now, solution is like AO Tennis etc.

Talking about players creation, i remember on TS for stats distribution was one of the most easy and more or less accurate i've see in sports games.

Sad we didn't (i already talk in the past) have a system like this for Football game with like the player "behavior" point by point to create a full player all stats.
Kinda harder, but doable.

Back to Matchpoint, i wasn't a big fan about what @bsmaff pointed. Will search the demo perhaps on US store as it's not on PSN, but to me after some recoil and seeing some vids, it doesn't seems better than AO Tennis 2. About the atmosphere i don't care.
Just that i got a bit too much of Top Spin 4, i ever got more fun retried for real this time 16 bits games, and discovered Virtua Tennis 2 "in waiting for".

But it's completely different as a game like TS with inertia, and so much included stuffs regarding physics which i like, the ball direction and power isn't influed by the same things at all.
Matchpoint tennis fundamentals are a class above AO Tennis 2.
Regarding football games, what we needed or need is a league specific game. I would throw even Ā£100 pounds for a game with just EPL+EFL with real stats and player behaviour on the pitch.

I think this is the place to post these news, since the tennis thread is pretty much inactive..

Roger Federer retires from competitive tennis! The Laver Cup will be his last competition.

He's my favorite player ever! šŸŽ¾ :BSCARF: So it's kind of a bittersweet feeling but at the same time, it was a good time to retire since he had quite a few injuries in the past 3 years or so.. It would be so cool if Matchpoint or Top Spin 5 does something to commemorate his career, kind of like NBA 2k11 did with Jordan. :TU:;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom