Liverpool Thread

That Origi goal was a fantastic build-up. All one-touch passes.
What a classy finish from Coutinho.

But man of the match was Milner.

Reminds me of 13/14 when you won the Premi.. :SNACK:

Anyway, it's good that England still has teams in europe this year! Everyone else letting the nation down :SHAKE:

un-fucking-beliveable this club... CL got nothing on this... and we have to win this competition now... untill then this is madness.

one of best moments ever and certainly one of best matches in clubs history...best i remember since Istanbul.

after Reus scored i thought ok that´s it...but i should have known not to write these guys off...not in Europe at least...

madness.

So true! atmosphere and emotions were mint. Now, I expect Bournemouth to win over the weekend lol ;)

i think we will go to save our players for the EL semis...

with Can injured it seems he will be out for longer... sadly..

Allen and Lucas should cover it, but young Stewart is not a part of EL squad...so the only (defensive like) midfielders we have for EL are Allen, Lucas and Milner..

Great game to watch, but by jove what abysmal defending from both teams, although great for us neutrals. I did want Dortmund to win, as got a soft spot for them, but they were so careless that they never deserved to go through.

I do love Klopp, some crazy antics, lol.

FD

Not posted much in here lately but what a special game of football that was.

So much better than that awful display from Athletico and Barca I watched the other night.
These two teams of players were play acting, feigning injury, waving imaginary cards at the refs (as were the managers)just horrible...

Liverpool v BVB was the exact opposite.

Two teams that just went for it.
No play acting. Both sides of players, full of respect for each other with the emphasis on out scoring the other.
Wonderful.

And both sets of fans... exemplary...

Regardless who you support... I support football and this game was beautiful.
Such a shame that one had to leave the competition.
I can't call the losing side losers as everyone 'won' from watching this game.

Dortmund were outstanding home and away, the fans they have are among the best in world...what a support.. i wish them all the luck in CL next season.. we need to go all in for EL now...we have to.

FD my friend, you are too negative about the defending.
I also prefer this sort of matches to the 'perfect defending' of Atletico (and i really like Atletico).

This match is another proof that imperfect football (and certainly in defense) is entertaining.

IMO this match had it all: two good teams, outstanding individuals but also outstanding team performances, two sets of brilliant fans who respect each other and two coaches who are reasonable.

This should have been a CL final.

PS: surely Liverpool winning the EL and City winning the CL will not result in Spurs once again missing the CL? As much as a i both want them to win, this would not be fair . UImagine City ending fifth and winning the CL, Liverpool winning the EL and Arsenal ending second before SPurs (third)...That would put Leicester, Arsenal, City, Liverpool in CL and what about the third?

PS: surely Liverpool winning the EL and City winning the CL will not result in Spurs once again missing the CL? As much as a i both want them to win, this would not be fair . UImagine City ending fifth and winning the CL, Liverpool winning the EL and Arsenal ending second before SPurs (third)...That would put Leicester, Arsenal, City, Liverpool in CL and what about the third?

Spurs would only miss out if they finished 4th

A EL win gives the PL an extra CL spot. Spain had 5 teams in the CL this season because Sevilla won the EL

Last edited:
yes, honestly it adds some more to the europa league but switzerland (so basel) had to give up their direct spot in the group stage as a result.

villarreal are very tough, bakambu is in amazing form and not many can win away. i think it would take another special night at anfield to get to the final.

Getting CL football would fasttrack Klopp's progress a year at LFC.

The PL could be even more competitive with LFC challenging

I saw some sites in Greece comparing Atletico v Barca with Liverpool v Dortmund.. NOT AT ALL! Liverpool made something IMPOSSIBLE again. We changed from doubters to believers in 33 minutes. YNWA

FD my friend, you are too negative about the defending.
I also prefer this sort of matches to the 'perfect defending' of Atletico (and i really like Atletico).

This match is another proof that imperfect football (and certainly in defense) is entertaining.

IMO this match had it all: two good teams, outstanding individuals but also outstanding team performances, two sets of brilliant fans who respect each other and two coaches who are reasonable.

This should have been a CL final.

Full
CgFqrGGW8AAWGlH.jpg:large

CL left 5 columns. EL right 3 columns

Confirmed #LFC starting XI to face @afcbournemouth: Ward, Randall, Toure, Lucas, Smith, Allen, Stewart, Ibe, Ojo, Firmino, Sturridge.

Confirmed #LFC substitutes against @afcbournemouth: Mignolet, Milner, Coutinho, Sakho, Lallana, Origi, Flanagan

wow :D

well what a trashing that was...

Cgg9s-7WIAAHkSn.jpg

to bad for Origi...hope he will be back soon :/

Very good few days for the club... the effect the managment has on this club is clearly visible... every player looks confident.

Everton is indeel weak, but don't underestimate Liverpool. After new year, they are one of the best clubs in the league. Ithink they scored most goals.
Chris Davies posted on Facebook that Everton fans were celebrating Origi's injury. That is disgusting.

well Funes Mori did that on purpose obviously... the challenge should be punished further imo..

hope Origi will be back soon, the club needs him and Belgium as well...

now we have to rely on Sturridge and maybe Benteke..

Sturridge should be starting now anyway. Best striker available by a mile. The quality was clear when he came on. Origi couldn't lace his boots.

lol you write as if you hated him...of course he is less quality, he just turned 20.. but compare both players at the same age... i don´t know how good Sturridge was but...even neutrals have to see Origi is a raw diamond. wich is only great for the club..

Sturridge instead of Origi came back from longer injury just some weeks ago, of course he is our main striker, but due to his injury past, he should be introduced to the game slowly...we can´t risk a player like him not to get ready to fitness...

Hope Benteke is back soon with aim to prove something still..

lol you write as if you hated him...

It's sad isn't it?

Hope Funes Mori gets a long ban for hos hoorror tackle and for what he did afterwards (pointing to the Everton badge). One should always presume that tackles like this are more or less incidental or clumsy. By doing what he did, it seems as he damn well know what he was doing...

This is a fine example of how rivalries can derail...

Back
Top Bottom