Killzone 2

Re: Killzone 2 PS3

Maybe this will please Radiation. Its from Metacritic's summary of the G4TV/Xplay review of Killzone 2:

'Probably the tastiest part of the Killzone cocktail is the multiplayer. Imagine if Call Of Duty 4 and Team Fortress 2 had a baby, which they then abandoned and as a result had to learn a few new tricks to survive. That’s what Killzone 2 multiplayer is like.'

Maybe this will please Radiation. Its from Metacritic's summary of the G4TV/Xplay review of Killzone 2:

'Probably the tastiest part of the Killzone cocktail is the multiplayer. Imagine if Call Of Duty 4 and Team Fortress 2 had a baby, which they then abandoned and as a result had to learn a few new tricks to survive. That’s what Killzone 2 multiplayer is like.'

Team Fortress 2 :WORSHIP:

It's a bit 'camper' like to say this but I loved just sitting back in our base setting up turrets, protecting our briefcase, fixing other peoples stuff and keeping everyone back. I like the idea of the game modes that blend into one another, sounds a lot like Resistance 2's online play but this swaps between actual game modes rather than objectives within 1 game mode.

Oh and that scout cloak looks great :JAY:

1UP review summary from Metacritic. Scored 100/100:

'Shooters have replaced fighting games as the most over-saturated genre in gaming today, and it's increasingly difficult to stand out from the crowd. However, with its unparalleled graphics, incredibly well-paced single-player campaign and in-depth multiplayer offerings, Killzone 2 has established its place among top-tier console shooters. Expectations on Killzone 2 had reached ridiculous proportions; here's one of those cases where the game actually lived up to them.'

Team Fortress 2 :WORSHIP:

It's a bit 'camper' like to say this but I loved just sitting back in our base setting up turrets, protecting our briefcase, fixing other peoples stuff and keeping everyone back. I like the idea of the game modes that blend into one another, sounds a lot like Resistance 2's online play but this swaps between actual game modes rather than objectives within 1 game mode.

Oh and that scout cloak looks great :JAY:
like battlefield bad company

Yeah i was always a support class in BF BC and a medic on Resistance 2. Most people seem to pick the big guns classes and run around blowing stuff up and dying a lot. I enjoy helping everyone out, restocking ammo and killing anyone who comes near me getting in my way.

Quick Q for anyone who played the beta. Have they changed the sniper scope mechanism? I really REALLY didn't like the one in the first where you would zoom in and then have to move the scope cross hairs around with the right stick. It felt really sensitive and hard to keep in position.

Found a video with some text explaining how it works.

YouTube - Killzone 2 Beta Sniper Gameplay (High Quality)

some gameplay of the scout, who has the ability to become invisable, spawn with a sniper rifle and scan the map to find the locations of the enemy. When the screen goes blue i become invisable, u must keep your controller still or the scope moves (because of sixaxis intergration)...NOTE: this is the BETA

The sniper system in the beta was really good but I didnt get much time to use it. You can tag all the enemies for your team mates. You get to go invisible but if you move too quickly or suddenly you can be seen. Also the Sixaxis is used well here. If you keep steady, the aim stays steady.

wow. so much detail in this game. i dont read much about it but from what i have been reading. the game sounds like cod4 and tf2 mixed together as noted in a review

i'm guessing around 5, earliest will be 3pm. but the norm when a big demo is coming is to fuck up and delay it until friday or next week.

Custom soundtracks are supported in multiplayer. Also crouch can only be changed from hold to toggle in multiplayer mode only.

Will there be an Evo Web clan for this game?

I doubt whether I'll use custom soundtracks online, it could stop one from hearing enemies that are around/behind you.

any word on Home support for this game?

it HAS to have Home support, it just has to. Game launching is essential

Nothing has been confirmed yet regarding PlayStation Home support apart from Helghast & ISA costumes for your avatar. I would expect that as Sony's flagship PS3 title it would support some level of intergration especially considering both Street Fighter IV and Resident Evil 5 will. Also I remember the back of the US cover saying it did support Home. Anyway it should either at launch or via a patch soon after.

Last edited by a moderator:

I've still got the Warhawk headset, its about time I replaced it though.

I have a Logitech USB headset that I use on my PS3 for all the online games. I might purchase the official Sony bluetooth headset as I have heard nothing but great things about it. Plus its relatively cheap and you can get it in a bundle with SOCOM: Confrontation.

Killzone 2 - Multiplayer Maps Preview

Following on from our previous Killzone 2 multiplayer video feature, this time we take a brief look at each of the eight maps included on the Blu-ray disc.

Eight may not sound like an awful lot, but when they range from sandy deserts, derelict market squares, sleek army barracks and a Helghast outpost set aback a nuclear wasteland, the variety and expansiveness of each of the maps will undoubtedly be more than enough to keep your interest. And with more maps said to be included in future DLC packs, it’s clear that Killzone 2 will be every PS3 user’s online game of choice for a long time to come.

http://www.dpadmagazine.com/2009/02/03/killzone-2-multiplayer-maps-preview/

The Elite Guide to all game modes

Warzone: What is this?

Warzone is the basic (yet deep) online mode in Killzone 2. It has a unique feel to it for a couple reasons. One, it puts multiple game modes, or "Missions" into a single game, without going to a lobby. You play with the same class (unless you want to change), same people, same map. For example: Lets say the game starts with a 5 minute mission of bodycount. As soon as the mission is accomplished, the team that won that mission will get a point. After that mission is done, another mission will start right up, without you having to stop what you are doing. Basic point of Warzone is to award victory to the team with the most points. A team simply wins a point for every mission the successfully accomplish. The order in which missions are played is almost endless..

Lets go into more detail about the 5 missions found in Warzone:

More...
http://boardsus.playstation.com/pla...ne2&message.id=116276&query.id=107116#M116276

Back
Top Bottom