It could be you, but the odds suck...

working a mundane job while your a millionaire definitely doesn't make sense :LOL:

I can think of a million things to do than not work, Here are just a few;

+ Learn different instruments
+ Travel around - I mean go everywhere!
+ Learn Languages
+ Learn anything you want actually and not being worried about having to work to pay for it and having all the time to study it.
+ Basically just do anything and go anywhere I wanted.

I wouldn't mind having some sort of Property business - but I would probably employ people to do most of the work.

I spoke to a friend up in Scotland yesterday - hadn't spoken to him for years. He is working so hard, gets up at 5 in the morning and works till 7-8 in the evening alot of days.

He is probably making lots of money, but I have never been like that. I like to enjoy my life. I don't earn a great deal, but I earn enough and I have time to do things I want. But if I didn't have to work I would just have fun!!!

Travelling around the world would be everyone's choice if they won the lottery i would imagine

who wouldn't want to see every part of what the world has to offer?

I think if you immediately stop working, your whole mentality will change, especially if you're young.

Maybe if you're in your thirties/fourties then it's realistic, but being young and impulsive, 38 million won't last a lifetime.

You need a job to retain your sense of reality as well, I'd definitely rather maintain the huge some of money and add to it with a salary rather than quit and then blow it all quickly.

The interest you earn would make you have a bankers salary every month so that's an even bigger reason to quit a £250 a week job

I think if you immediately stop working, your whole mentality will change, especially if you're young.

Maybe if you're in your thirties/fourties then it's realistic, but being young and impulsive, 38 million won't last a lifetime.

You need a job to retain your sense of reality as well, I'd definitely rather maintain the huge some of money and add to it with a salary rather than quit and then blow it all quickly.

Not everybody is stupid younger than 30/40s!! You just invest some of it and then live off of the rest. Lots of ways you can invest money and get money coming in every year (Especially with millions).

Not having a job isn't going to lose your sense of reality. Having a job is only reality because you have to do it to get by. If I won that amount of money my new reality would be having fun and I am sure I will be alot better for it.

one of my friends won 6.4million on the euromillions last january (2008). it was the week there was a 95m rollover and nobody won the jackpot, so they split 5 numbers plus one lucky star between 15 of them...

considering that, what are the chances of two people who are friends winning the jackpot! maybe i should just give up now! :(

one of my friends won 6.4million on the euromillions last january (2008). it was the week there was a 95m rollover and nobody won the jackpot, so they split 5 numbers plus one lucky star between 15 of them...

considering that, what are the chances of two people who are friends winning the jackpot! maybe i should just give up now! :(
Or spend more time with your mate... :SHOCK:

First thing after checking the ticket-
check again. And then 4 more times

First thing after getting the big check-
hide it safly and get home without loosing it

First thing you always said you would do if you won-
buy a hexagonal net, and a snow gun :D

Do you quit your job-
I aint have one !

First car you splurge on-
I dont really know... A nice, safe, reliable one ;)

Where would you live-
I wouldent change my new house

Where else would you buy a holiday home-
next to a big ski resort

First big Holiday/Travel-
Madrid

What would you change about yourself (snip,snip)-
not much...

What else not listed is up there on your priority list-
buy a nice big yard near my house and make a small football field, buy a hexagonal net, a snow gun, 20 000 dominos, really cool and good keeper gloves, a SUPER computer, a g25 steering wheel, a great camera (for filming trains :D ) make a huge train diorama in my basement, buy a cool lawnmower :D

How much did that millionaire pay to fly into space with the Russians? I'd love to do that too.
-

EDIT
Scratch that, the guy who did it in Janurary spent 35 million dollars (28 million euros) for 10 days in the space station.

Bit late to this one, but I'm bored today...

Do a little sex wee. Check to confirm all ok.

Jeez... make sure money is in bank, speak to an advisor on best investments/tax dodges etc, start looking to spend!

Make sure everyone is taken care of, including my best mate who could do with some helping.

Do you quit your job-
I own my own company and love doing what I do, but yea, I'd scale it down for sure - dont think I'd be motivated to work full time.

Always wanted an Ferrari F355, so probably that.

Where would you live-
Would love to live in New York, but probably stay UK... somewhere quiet by the coast.

New York appartment, something nice and big in Florida.

Take 6 months out to travel USA. Spend few weeks in Florida.

Probably get a personal trainer to sort me out a bit!

Always wanted to build my own house (damn you Grand Designs!), so I would hire top people to build the house I want - with a cinema, swimming pool, arcade room, tennis courts etc... full monty!

Invest money into Southend United.

How much did that millionaire pay to fly into space with the Russians? I'd love to do that too.
-

EDIT
Scratch that, the guy who did it in Janurary spent 35 million dollars (28 million euros) for 10 days in the space station.

Virgin Galactic are doing it for something like £20,000.

check again. And then 4 more times

hide it safly and get home without loosing it

buy a hexagonal net, and a snow gun :D

Do you quit your job-
I aint have one !

I dont really know... A nice, safe, reliable one ;)

Where would you live-
I wouldent change my new house

next to a big ski resort

Madrid

not much...

buy a nice big yard near my house and make a small football field, buy a hexagonal net, a snow gun, 20 000 dominos, really cool and good keeper gloves, a SUPER computer, a g25 steering wheel, a great camera (for filming trains :D ) make a huge train diorama in my basement, buy a cool lawnmower :D

A man who knows just what he wants... :))

nick to answer your question, in america, the us goverment automatically takes %40 for taxes... then if you invest it, you gotta pay taxes.. so i would need at least to hit the 150 million lottery

I'm sure the lottery in the uk you don't get taxed. But everything else you do with your money afterwards you get taxed on.

So If you wanted to give your folks 10million - then that 10million would be taxed so they would only end up getting 5million (With the new income tax laws coming in)

Thats why they say its better if you buy them things instead - there are certain ways around it.

Not sure exactly - but you could buy a house under your name. Then transfer the house into their names and aslong as you don't die within 5years then they get the property outright.

This is all just stuff I have heard from unnofficial sources, so not sure if it is correct though :DD

I'm sure the lottery in the uk you don't get taxed. But everything else you do with your money afterwards you get taxed on.

So If you wanted to give your folks 10million - then that 10million would be taxed so they would only end up getting 5million (With the new income tax laws coming in)

That's why they say its better if you buy them things instead - there are certain ways around it.

Not sure exactly - but you could buy a house under your name. Then transfer the house into their names and as long as you don't die within 5years then they get the property outright.

This is all just stuff I have heard from unnofficial sources, so not sure if it is correct though :DD

You are allowed to give a certain amount as a gift without TAX, not sure what that is though. You could just buy a house and then sell it to them for a pound...

Once you have money there are loopholes to make sure you pay zip tax, most middle income families pay more in tax than multi millionaires, there are people out there who make sure the rich get richer... :P

You are allowed to give a certain amount as a gift without TAX, not sure what that is though. You could just buy a house and then sell it to them for a pound...

Once you have money there are loopholes to make sure you pay zip tax, most middle income families pay more in tax than multi millionaires, there are people out there who make sure the rich get richer... :P

I think that buying then selling for a pound doesn't work. I remember someone saying something about it - I think it used to happen, but is not allowed anymore?

My friend pays hardly any tax and earns about twice what I earn a year - maybe more (Definately alot more, if you take the tax off of what I earn!) and he has found lots of little loopholes - especially when you can class yourself as self employed it makes it alot easier.

cheeky bastards!!! They really need to sort something out about taxing though. If everybody paid the taxes they were meant to, then I am sure we could all pay quite alot less in tax.

I'd wanna keep it quiet and not tell anybody until I have the money in my bank account.

First thing after getting the big cheque-
Go and buy a new car, probably a Porsche 911 Rinspeed Turbo Le Mans
porsche_911_rinspeed_turbo_le_mans_600.jpg

Buy the car

Do you quit your job-
Yes

Porsche 911 Rinspeed Turbo Le Mans

Where would you live-
At least one house in Spain, one in London, but probably still live in a real nice house in Kent.

Oh whoops, didn't read all the questions before I answered! Holiday home in Spain for sure, maybe Florida too.

Either Florida or Barbados

Nothing.

Hmm maybe buy Charlton FC! :PP

I think that buying then selling for a pound doesn't work. I remember someone saying something about it - I think it used to happen, but is not allowed anymore?

My friend pays hardly any tax and earns about twice what I earn a year - maybe more (Definately alot more, if you take the tax off of what I earn!) and he has found lots of little loopholes - especially when you can class yourself as self employed it makes it alot easier.

cheeky bastards!!! They really need to sort something out about taxing though. If everybody paid the taxes they were meant to, then I am sure we could all pay quite alot less in tax.

it works, but lets say you buy your parents a 2 million dollar home, they still would have to pay property tax on that... if it is more then the "gift" amount you can give each year, it will be considered income, and then they will have to pay taxes on that. they get your ass either way....
best think to do would move to america or canada where there are many many many loopholes... :) and lower taxes anyways

it works, but lets say you buy your parents a 2 million dollar home, they still would have to pay property tax on that... if it is more then the "gift" amount you can give each year, it will be considered income, and then they will have to pay taxes on that. they get your ass either way....
best think to do would move to america or canada where there are many many many loopholes... :) and lower taxes anyways

Hmm do you still have to live Stateside for 5 yrs before you can apply for citizenship...?

Back
Top Bottom