It could be you, but the odds suck...

Nick Cave

Wrexham fan for my sins...
10 July 2004
Non football league waste land...
Wrexham AFC
So you're checking your tickets and find you have won £38 million on the Euro what do you do...

First thing after checking the ticket-

First thing after getting the big check-

First thing you always said you would do if you won-

Do you quit your job-

First car you splurge on-

Where would you live-

Where else would you buy a holiday home-

First big Holiday/Travel-

What would you change about yourself (snip,snip)-

What else not listed is up there on your priority list-

Come on Evo Webbers we all dream about the big one, I'd be interested to hear how our merry band would splash the cash, or not...;))

Ps I'm sure we've have had this but I could not be bothered to search :P and besides I want to know what the first things you would do not the start your own business or invest crap...

Last edited:

Call up and make sure I have won - Jump up and down if confirmed!

See how I go about distributing the money to family and loved ones. Get advice on weather it is best to buy them things or just give them a wad of cash.

Buy a house in London and In Israel.

Do you quit your job-

YES I DO!!!

One of those old convertable mercedes from the early 80's with a modern engine etc so it last forever.

Where would you live-

Come back and forward between Israel and London. Probably spend most time in Israel though.

Not sure - Maybe a nice greek Island.

I would just want to travel everywhere! I would probably take two years just going anywhere I wanted, when I wanted!!

Not much - Probably go to the gym and exercise alot more and get healthier.

What else not listed is up there on your prority list-

Buy lots of property and rent it all out so I have a regular income. I would like to be a property developer of some kind. Maybe buy some big shares in Arsenal and make sure bad people dont take over!!! ;))

After going fuck yeah very loudly for five or fifty times, I'd keep stum and tell no one...

Again I'd keep stum, sort out bank accounts and tell my other half I'd won half the amount...

Take three weeks on some remote Greek island to let it sink in...

Do you quit your job-
Nope I'd just invest and adjust our core business...

Probably put my name down for a brand new Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera or an SE and then buy an S5...

Where would you live-
Devon or Cornwall on an old farm to start with, but move to San Francisco or the bay area I think...

San Francisco and maybe a flat in Prague...

Buy an old Mustang and drive across the States taking my time...

My Teeth I have a few chips and I'd like a nice smile, also some of my scars sorting...

Treat my Family and friends...

See how I go about distributing the money to family and loved ones. Get advice on weather it is best to buy them things or just give them a wad of cash.

Buy a house in London and In Israel.

One of those old convertable mercedes from the early 80's with a modern engine etc so it last forever.

Where would you live-

Come back and forward between Israel and London. Probably spend most time in Israel though.

Nice one, the only problem is you family gets very big when you win I bet... :P

Where in Israel Bobby and is it those big square looking Merc's like the ones off Miami Vice...?

Check it again and again all night long, sleep with it under my pillow and never let it out of my sight. I'd not tell anyone other than the misses as well.

Assuming the moneys in the bank when I get this novelty sized thing? Start to work out with the misses how much we'd give to our families to help them out... so like a chunk to each of our parents and then a bit to out brothers/sisters. The first thing I'd do with it is buy a surprise trip to the Grand Canyon for the girlfriend as she's always had a fascination with it and has never been there.

I don't think I've ever said 'I would do this if I won' but it would probably be to buy a lovely home and start pumping out kids.

Do you quit your job-
I don't work but the misses would probably leave her job

A dodge Viper - blue with white stripes down the centre.
http://www.autocity.com/img/actualidad/galerias/Dodge_Viper_SRT10_Coupe_31_2.jpg
I can't drive but it was always my favourite caw on Gran Turismo 1 and 2 and then they removed that blur/white variety from GT replacing with with some crappy red and white one. :R1:SICK:

Where would you live-
My knee jerk answer would be somewhere sunny and warm abroad but then I don't know if I want to be out of this country and away from my family that much. I'd probably stay in the UK.

Anywhere warm and sunny - I'd let the misses decide.

Other than the surprise grand canyon trip, i have no idea. I've never been abroad anywhere so ive not got much of a reference.

Erm... probably sort my teeth out, they're not 'redneck' bad but they could be better. I don't think there is anything else 'wrong' with me.

What else not listed is up there on your prority list-
Ohhh I'd make sure whereever we lived we had a big games room built with arcade cabinets, a pool table, a bar etc and have another room with a huge tv, a super surround sound speaker system and all the bells and whistles where i can sit and play video games.

Oh and I'd probably throw Newcastle united a million and tell them to use it to sign some super footballer on a year contract with that as his full years wage.

I dont really do it much im in a whatsit at work and the Mrs gets me a ticket now and again. I only bet maybe once a year.

Lol Rad I'd give you a week in a Dodge Viper if you don't drive now..well even if you do drive, it will wrap you round a tree quicker than a pro's legs.

I've always wanted to see the GC too, people always say it's always comes as a surprise the vastness of it...

Check it again and again, then probably ring up so I can actually claim the money...

Go for a pint down the pub =D
I'll get the first round...

No idea.

Do you quit your job-
Nah, gotta stay humble really. Might buy the shop though =p

Well I guess with 38 million, you'd have enough to get one Veyron and not make a sizeable dent in your funds

Where would you live-
Vancouver, Canada.

Banff, Canada
Seattle, USA
Malibu, USA

Probably go to the Rockies in North America and Ski to my hearts content, take my mates and family along. Or Russia and Asia, 'cause I really wanna see that part of the world.

Not a lot hopefully, if I changed I'd alienate my mates and end up with plastic friends. I'd definitely make sure a sizeable portion would be spend helping them out and going on holidays and such.

Not much I don't think.

Nice one, the only problem is you family gets very big when you win I bet... :P

Where in Israel Bobby and is it those big square looking Merc's like the ones off Miami Vice...?

I know which family and friends I am going to give it to. Nobody else!! trouble is the misses has a big family and they are all close, so that might be a bit of a problem.

Tel Aviv :)) its near where the misses family live. Its a fantastic city.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C04233?pt=pf this is the sort of one. I just love how it looks. Maybe in red though :))

So you're checking your tickets and find you have won £38 million on the Euro what do you do...

Check to make sure. Make sure there's no catch or crazy tax on it.

Store it across multiple bank accounts. Give some back to my parents (putting me through education etc, + bonus money), and maybe relatives that need help.

By properties in London, Milan and Hong Kong. Lease out the ones I'm not living in so I'm always making money, incase I lose the money I won or spend it all.

Do you quit your job-
Since I'm a student, no i wouldnt drop out. I want to be qualified. I'd use the money to get me into the best institutions.

Mercedes_SL280_oldtimer_car.jpg
ferrari_dino.jpg

And an Alfa for everyday driving.

Where would you live-
Back and forth from Milan, New York, London and Bangkok.

Malaysia, Portugal, France and Hawaii

South America

Expensive clothes I guess.

Start a vinyl collection.
Buy a box at San Siro.
Go to more gigs.
Invest in shares.
Go to space.
Travel the world.

Check again, then hide it just incase. Won't tell anyone till the money is in my account.

"Move" to a tax haven. Not really but just register in one of those countries and "live" in a PO box. Split it with my GF ( we only ever do these things together anyway (50/50). Then I would distribute the money into high rent accounts, give my parents a mil or two and set up a very good "fund" for them with a very nice monthly allowance (a result of the rental income). After all any money left will go back to me when they kick the bucket and I would rather keep control of it all instead of just giving them a wad. Protects them aswell from my dad's investment ideas :D

Go on a nice holiday, people don't realise that if you want your dream car and not one in the showroom it can take a few months, ...if not longer for the more exotic cars.

Do you quit your job-
Not really, I would quit my job but begin a property design development firm, being an architect it would be great. Design nice houses and sell them with a profit.

Mehh....an SUV for daily stuff (Audi Q8 or something like that) and maybe a Austin for the weekends. Although that would be dependent on where Im living and the speed limits/strictness of the police/fines.

Where would you live-
Besides my beautiful PO box?! Probably Canada, Vancouver / Seatle, USA. Somewhere around there. I find the area stunning with loads of beautiful locations for my designs. And it doesnt get too warm either.

Not sure if I would, maybe an appartment in a really nice city that keeps its value.

A short world trip of 3 months with a month in the States/Canada, A month in Asia and the rest spread between the classic cities and maybe a week doing a safari. I would probably do the mix halfway and then relax in Asia.

Im very happy with my foreskin thanks, so no need for the snip. Maybe some work on my teeth but they are in good condition anyway (no fillings at 27!). Other then that use the possiblity for extra freetime to play more sports.

Oh, I would probably give a "mortgage" (200.000e) to my 5, 6 best friends. I hardly have any family anyway with only my parents getting money. The grandma's can get some via my parents.

I plan this out every bloody year in december for the New Years lottery. And then I win 5e on a 28e ticket!

Last edited:
I forgot 2 things I'd do... the misses would kill me if she knew I'd forgot this first one - get married. The second I'd donate a big chunk of cash to this site.

Go absolutely fucking spare. I'd not know who to hug, what to say etc. No matter what I say people will probably laugh though right? They'd want a share ;)

Well first off all I'd walk with my sister into town and have it all finalized. I'd cling onto it in my pocket for dear life. Then when it's all sorted I'd go to the nearest club and have my sister order drinks. I'd pay her back obviously :LOL:

Treat my Mum to a brand new house or something similar. Pay for it for life. Bless her, she's been through so much :) Then I'd give a large chunk to my Dad. He'd probably buy a new set of Golf clubs first :LOL: For myself, I've always said I'd buy myself a season ticket at Newcastle. Plus they'll be cheap next year ;)

Do you quit your job-
I'll have to get one first. But no I wouldn't quit.

A Mini (the red model from the Italien Job. Not the shite 00's rework either)

Where would you live-
Buy a penthouse in New York. Lakeside house somewhere in Italy, like Venice. I'd live with my Mummy though ;)

Ireland. Never been :CRY:

Definatley New York.

I'd hire a physio and generally get much fitter and leaner. I wouldn't change anything personality wise.

Retire at 16. (I'm 16 btw Jay, not 15) Brilliant stuff ;)

Last edited:
Mercedes_SL280_oldtimer_car.jpg
ferrari_dino.jpg

Stef a company that shares the same mill buildings where my other half works, repair and maintain classic and racing cars, they also buy and sell.

They had a red 69' Dino in a few weeks back, I had a sit in, what a car... Looks tiny compared to today's stuff but wow...

Go absolutely fucking spare. I'd not know who to hug, what to say etc. No matter what I say people will probably laugh though right? They'd want a share ;)

Well first off all I'd walk with my sister into town and have it all finalized. I'd cling onto it in my pocket for dear life. Then when it's all sorted I'd go to the nearest club and have my sister order drinks. I'd pay her back obviously :LOL:

Treat my Mum to a brand new house or something similar. Pay for it for life. Bless her, she's been through so much :) Then I'd give a large chunk to my Dad. He'd probably buy a new set of Golf clubs first :LOL: For myself, I've always said I'd buy myself a season ticket at Newcastle. Plus they'll be cheap next year ;)

Do you quit your job-
I'll have to get one first. But no I wouldn't quit.

A Mini (the red model from the Italien Job. Not the shite 00's rework either)

Where would you live-
Buy a penthouse in New York. Lakeside house somewhere in Italy, like Venice. I'd live with my Mummy though ;)

Ireland. Never been :CRY:

Definatley New York.

I'd hire a physio and generally get much fitter and leaner. I wouldn't change anything personality wise.

Retire at 16. (I'm 16 btw Jay, not 15) Brilliant stuff ;)

Stu you all heart ;) , and Ireland is fantastic...

Check it again, then once more, call up and see if it's the correct date and draw and see if I can get it varified

Take it to the bank, then go to the pub for a pint or two with my friends and family.

Go and book myself a 3-4 month holiday, a luxury round the world trip, flying first class everywhere and staying in top hotels.

Do you quit your job-

No way, need something to do, though may employ someone to reduce the amount of work I have to do and reduce my hours to something more normal.

Ferrari, would love an Enzo, though a F430 would do for a starter!
ferrari-enzo-doors-open.jpg

EDIT: Maybe I should of said a Veyron! Also would love a Caterham 7, maybe that should of been my first choice.

Where would you live-

Norn Iron, tis a great place to live, just buy one of the few massive houses that arent too far away from where I live at the minute, few sitting at just over a million

Would love to have a few places, but property is expensive and maybe I dont want to spend all that moolah, but would go for a place in England, not sure where; South of Spain, Florida, New York, Rhode Island, France.

See above, heading round the world first class baby!

Nowt, bar making more time for sport, be it tennis, swimming, not into gym bobbins.

Making sure my family are sorted financially and helping my friends out if needs be. Though a massive mates holiday would defo be on the list. Just making the money was invested and would be always making returns.

Last edited:

First thing after checking the ticket-Call my wife, tell her, "Were Rich Bitch!!!!!"

Wait and wait and wait, till it clears.

By a bar so i have something to do. sports bar with video games. Best beers you can get in the world, 60 taps of american IPA's, Stouts, the best of belgium, and of course the british standards. In the back I would have a secret party room with bongs, video games(xbox, ps3, wii), stripper poles, 60 inch plasmas(all in HD), another bar with taps, a wine and beer cellar. Every sunday I would close the main bar and have my boys over for party time to watch european footie, american footie, etc..
I would find a young kid who wants to go to culinary school, i would send him to the best school in paris and then I would send him to somlier school and the beer equivalent in belgium. I would pay him a good fee and give him profit sharing and great benefits. I want good food and drink. This bar would be in my neighboorhood now so my boys could partake in free beer and food forever. Oh and yes every special occasion i would bring in the hottest strippers from vegas to entertain my friends on sunday.

Do you quit your job-

Fuck yeah, i can find plenty of stuff to do. Fish, drink, ski, hiking, biking, sailing, video games, train sets, model planes, skeet shooting, go to sporting events, learn how to surf, lifting weights, write a book, coach my kids soccer team, have a kid, learn how to play guitar, learn how to play the bass guitar, and swim.

Porshe 911 turbo

Where would you live-

Split time between my homes i buy in the next question(mainly florida and dc)

Somewhere in The Algarve Portugal(probably Luz), Vail Colorado, Naples Florida, Washington DC, Lake Anna Virginia, Southern France, and Bermuda. oh and the house in Lux would be a sweet, huge, villa, with a pool, and i would invite all the evo elders to use it for free and have a huge party one weekend. that would be cool.

To all the places above to buy my homes, then to Austrailia, NZ, and hit south america on the way back(argentina specifically)

get in shape to a triathlete level

washington capitals box seat
dc united box seat
New York Giants Box seat
I would have the greatest home theater/arcade ever
ahh there is so much more

shit i dont even play the lottery LOL

Last edited:
Holio;1621951[B said:
First thing you always said you would do if you won-[/B]

Go and book myself a 3-4 month holiday, a luxury round the world trip, flying first class everywhere and staying in top hotels.

I'd have to travel first class on all the major airlines to compare, I've been Business and club class but it's no where near 1st...

First thing after checking the ticket-Call my wife, tell her, "Were Rich Bitch!!!!!"

Wait and wait and wait, till it clears.

By a bar so i have something to do. sports bar with video games. Best beers you can get in the world, 60 taps of american IPA's, Stouts, the best of belgium, and of course the british standards. In the back I would have a secret party room with bongs, video games(xbox, ps3, wii), stripper poles, 60 inch plasmas(all in HD), another bar with taps, a wine and beer cellar. Every sunday I would close the main bar and have my boys over for party time to watch european footie, american footie, etc..
I would find a young kid who wants to go to culinary school, i would send him to the best school in paris and then I would send him to somlier school and the beer equivalent in belgium. I would pay him a good fee and give him profit sharing and great benefits. I want good food and drink. This bar would be in my neighboorhood now so my boys could partake in free beer and food forever. Oh and yes every special occasion i would bring in the hottest strippers from vegas to entertain my friends on sunday.

Do you quit your job-

Fuck yeah, i can find plenty of stuff to do. Fish, drink, ski, hiking, biking, sailing, video games, train sets, model planes, skeet shooting, go to sporting events, learn how to surf, lifting weights, write a book, coach my kids soccer team, have a kid, learn how to play guitar, learn how to play the bass guitar, and swim.

Porshe 911 turbo

Where would you live-

Split time between my homes i buy in the next question(mainly florida and dc)

Somewhere in The Algarve Portugal(probably Luz), Vail Colorado, Naples Florida, Washington DC, Lake Anna Virginia, Southern France, and Bermuda. oh and the house in Lux would be a sweet, huge, villa, with a pool, and i would invite all the evo elders to use it for free and have a huge party one weekend. that would be cool.

To all the places above to buy my homes, then to Austrailia, NZ, and hit south america on the way back(argentina specifically)

get in shape to a triathlete level

washington capitals box seat
dc united box seat
New York Giants Box seat
I would have the greatest home theater/arcade ever
ahh there is so much more

shit i dont even play the lottery LOL
Man that's a plan gomito, and a lot of corporate seats... :P

After checking for the 20th time, and telling my mum, have a cup of tea and work out what I need to do ie the claim process...

I'd take a photo of it, and just before going on a long break I'd put it on Facebook with all of the numbers blurred out. I think I'd prefer to keep it as quiet as possible, as I'm not a person who likes a fuss. It'd also keep the spongers from crawling out of the woodwork...

I'd pay off my Mum's mortgage, my grandparents mortgage, & buy a nice house for both of my sisters, as well as a place for me.
Then I'd work out how much I'd give to people, and donate a sizeable lump to several charities.

Do you quit your job-
Not at first. I'd probably quit after a few weeks, though I'd wait until they found a replacement. Then I could tell certain people what I really thought of them!
I like most of the people I work with, so I'd arrange a night out at an exclusive club with them.

I quite like my Type R, though I'd probably get something spacious & comfortable (and a bit flashy!) for the regular trips to Manchester. And maybe a Shelby GT (like the one in Gone In 60 Seconds) and a kit car ie a Skyline that I could work on when I had time.

Where would you live-
Eventually I'd like to live abroad, though I'd stay near where I am now so that I'm still near my family, though I'd buy a plot of land and design my dream house.
On top of that I'd get an apartment near Old Trafford...

New York, Florida / Miami, Australia.

A tour of the US, or Japan.

Hire a personal trainer to shape up, and get one of the world's top tattooists to do a half sleeve I've been wanting for ages.

I'd buy a box at Old Trafford, and invest in my 2nd club, Charlton.
After the initial excitement of being rich wears off (it would take a while though!) I'd want to have something to work on, possibly a bar / club in the UK & maybe one near one of my holiday homes. That, property development or a games developer so I could make the games people want instead of cash ins...
I'd also make sure my friends & family were sorted out for money, nothing over the top though, except my immediate family.

Oh well, enough daydreaming... Back to reality!

Last edited:
Check it again just to make sure I'm not going mad, realise I got all the numbers and then go fucking mental.

Surely you mean CHEQUE? I would cash it in, give my parents and inlaws a cut of the cash and then go for a celebratory pint.

Move abroad and at the first available opportunity renounce my British citizenship as a good two finger gesture to the NuLabour Party. Have that Brown you cunt. £385 well spent, wouldn't even burn a tiny hole in my pocket.

Do you quit your job-
Well seeing as I'd plan to move abroad it's a case of having to.

Got so many favourite cars to pick from that I really do not know what to fork out for first

Where would you live-
Oh anywhere apart from here, probably USA or Canada

Spain probably

Oh anywhere for a good few months might even travel around the world

Get fitter

Buy my local rubbish football club and shut it down for being pathetic (sorry Nick Cave) and make all their 600 remaining fans support Druids. Then with the remaining £37,999,999 do what I said above.

:JAY:
Check it again just to make sure I'm not going mad, realise I got all the numbers and then go fucking mental.

Surely you mean CHEQUE? I would cash it in, give my parents and inlaws a cut of the cash and then go for a celebratory pint.

Move abroad and at the first available opportunity renounce my British citizenship as a good two finger gesture to the NuLabour Party. Have that Brown you cunt. £385 well spent, wouldn't even burn a tiny hole in my pocket.

Do you quit your job-
Well seeing as I'd plan to move abroad it's a case of having to.

Got so many favourite cars to pick from that I really do not know what to fork out for first

Where would you live-
Oh anywhere apart from here, probably USA or Canada

Spain probably

Oh anywhere for a good few months might even travel around the world

Get fitter

Buy my local rubbish football club and shut it down for being pathetic (sorry Nick Cave) and make all their 600 remaining fans support Druids. Then with the remaining £37,999,999 do what I said above.
You spotted the Check glitch I'll give you 41 it will be one of the Euro numbers... :JAY:

Good luck against Rhyl on Saturday...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom