Halo 3 - Official Topic

According to gameplay my order has been shipped!
Frigging hell, there's early and there's eeeeaaarrrly.

If I wanted to get it shipped today/tomorrow, do you think Gameplay or ShopTo would be the best bet? Gameplay have obviously started shipping, have ShopTo?

I'm just wondering if its Lengendary editions they've started shipping early, cause that would make sense? That what you got pre-ordered LJ?

But if not, Gameplay should ship ASAP after you've ordered it Jack I imagine. Not sure about ShopTo

False alarm guys, they have started to process the orders. As in, take payment. They are not shipping them yet. Apologies about that, the front page states the order is complete, the detailed section doesn't.

If you are bothered about seeing the MP maps prior to launch then this is obviously spoiler material.

Walkthrough vid of Construct

Walkthrough vid of Isolation

Walkthrough vid of The Pit

Construct looks like a nice map. I love the vista from the front of the map towards the waterfall, very cool. Strange as this may sound but I am really looking forward to using either Forge or saved films to free roam around the environments. There is something about it that appeals to me, it is probably the ability to see things from a different perspective rather that the one that is given to you by default.

Microsoft will not be banning anyone who gets it early, don't worry about it.

Feel free to post general impressions but please no spoilers or indications of events that happen.

I've tried to find my local Argos's phone number but they don't give them out from the looks of things, only a "pay and reserve" number, which I don't want to do if it means waiting until next week.

Do I have to go down to the store or is there no number I can ring to get through to the store directly?

Apparently my local Argos is selling it as well, or so a friend tells me. Bit of a dilemma now... Don't know whether to pre-order the collector's edition for £43 or go and get the normal edition today for £40...

I know what makes more sense (I haven't finished Bioshock or Stranglehold because I'm so busy, so there's no point in me getting it yet), but I know what I'm like when a game is out early. ARRRGH.

EDIT: Just pre-ordered from ShopTo, might as well have the collector's edition for an extra £3. That was tough.

Last edited:
All that gives you is the store's "code number", which you put in when you ring the "Ring and Reserve" line. Apparently you can ring it without HAVING to reserve the game, though.

Just played it and once again dont see what the fuss is about

Rainbow 6 and COD4 are better than this

One thing halo multiplayer has over as lot of other fps games is vehicles.

i became a bit of a warthog expert in halo 2 and to me that was just as fun/rewarding as shooting an american between the eyes, no offense yanks, i'm only playing :)

am really looking forward to COD4 but the fact it doesn't have vehicles dampens my expectations a little.

the vehicle side of things is why i'm watching out for the new battlefield game and the frontlines fuel of war game. it's also the reason that out of the current crop of PS3 games warhawk is the only one that i feel i'm missing out on by not having a PS3

Rainbow Six and Call of Duty are more realistic shooters though, so its probably your preference.

I for one havent played an online game as fun or as good as Halo 2 yet, I love the COD4 demo, but compared to how Halo 2 was back when I played it a lot, when it was first out, was so amazing, cant wait, how you get the game so early, I want it :(

Bungie release the final Vidoc all about Saved Films and Forge.

Final podcast before release - Right Click - Save As

Saved Films and Forge are just awesome. Bungie really has pulled out all the stops for Halo 3. I know it won't be a game for everyone, Coopz has already said he doesn't see the fuss, but personally I can't wait to get my hands on the game. It is incredibly feature rich for an FPS, Saved films, Forge, campaign scoring, skulls, 4 player co-op, photomode .. .. damn cool.

Mmm... my mini-review so far. This is my first Halo game. I did have a 30 minute stint on Halo 2 once, but that was the first time I played an XBox1 and I couldn't used to the controls so couldn't do anything.
First thing you see when you get it is the cool soundtrack IMHO, esp. with 5.1 surround its great. I started Solo Mode on easiest difficulty... not worth it, too easy so went up one. The graphics are NOT amazing... you could say that I was a lil' dissapointed. They weren't bad or anything, but I was expecting better. Hopefully in later Halo games they will improve the graphics. As for gameplay, I really like it, only played about an hour so far though.

All major review sites will be posting their reviews on Sunday. I'll read them once I have finished the game, I will check out the scores though.

I got the game last friday from Tesco's (argos and tesco's will be in for a little fine from Microsoft me thinks...)

Finally got a chance to play an hour yesterday...

I've never been a huge Halo fan, i liked the first, personally liked the second better and now after playing the third for a little bit i am still liking the second one better...

I hate to be one of those guy's who don't buy a game because of graphics, because as we all know, graphics don't make a game...BUT! it is like a port of halo 2, most dissapointed after playing game's like Gears, you would think a game of it's stature would set the standard for all game's to follow, like Halo 2 did...

The gameplay itself is nice and fast paced, i still like the fact you can jump 15ft in the air. What would've been cool is if it had played a little like Full Spectrum Warrior and be able to command you're guy's about...

Anyways, im not going to cast a full judgment yet, this is only an hour's impression... i'll keep playing and report more when i get some more time with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im not a halo player, but you have to say MS has orgistrated the review sites briljantly! Was browsing all th usual suspects (eurogamer/teamxbox/ign/gamesradar/CVG/1up/etc) And every one of them has the halo review as its lead story. And all the scores have been 9,5 to 10's so far and all are extra large reviews (4/5pages which would normally be 2). If i didnt know that it really isnt a game for me i would be inclined to go out and get it. Excellent marketing!

tiktiktiktik, I don't really know what your trying to say. Halo reviews are a lead story because Halo 3 is the most pre-ordered game of all time, and thus a bigger review is totally necessary and acceptable. Most big games get bigger reviews.

As for the scores, your saying that MS paid all the review sites to say that?

Your apparent hate for Halo is obvious but to imply something like that is well.. kind've sad

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom