Halo 3 - Official Topic

Well said. Or better yet, create a "Halo 3 (Spoilers included)" thread and that way nobody will read any spoilers unless they specifically want to.

I was thinking maybe it was best to edit my comment, came on to change it, but you have already done it LemonJelly, thanks :D

I dont think there should be a spoiler one either, just incase people mistake it for a different thread, accidentally click it, and get a face full of spoilers.

Hopefully there is a massive war near the end now that will be immense.

Well some people have had stores saying in stock now, have gone down and picked it up today. You just gotta hope you get some older person and not a young kid who knows what Halo is and wont sell it early.

I wonder what story will be after Halo, surely it will still be called Halo, as this is just the arc, maybe there are more tales for master chief, or other spartans if any? Maybe a prequel to the arc who knows...

So who was any good at Halo 2 online, what were your favourite maps etc?

i was alright at halo 2 online, spent way too many hours on it anyway :)

favourite maps were Burial mounds, terminal and relic, i prefered the bigger maps that had vehicles on it.

got halo 3 preordered from gameplay.co.uk, i played the beta and wasn't all that impressed but i'm still looking forward to playing the full game. nice to see they've included online co-op too, maybe this time i'll actually play the campaign mode!

Well I will probably get a mate round or something and complete single player in two days or whatever, then play online.

I loved Coagulation, Containment, Terminal, Relic, also liked Burial Mounds and the one with that air lift, inside cant remember the name.

I quite liked the Beta, was fun as usual, didnt like the snow level that much, was alright though, Valhalla I loved, was a very cool level, and the over one was good. Cant wait to see the new maps, hopefully they bring back coaglulation edited further, and bring a good copy of Sidewinder, oh and Beaver Creek and Hang em High, they brought that out new for Halo 2 aswell, but I preffered the original.

I havn't played Halo 1 and 2 properly, just around mates since I never owned an XBox, just the 360. Is it worth getting them for the story to tie in?

Apparently Argos in the UK has been selling copies of Halo 3 today, I had no luck getting one from the one in Sunderland though :(

I havn't played Halo 1 and 2 properly, just around mates since I never owned an XBox, just the 360. Is it worth getting them for the story to tie in?

Ummm yes and no. I think if you want the absolute rundown of what has happened story wise then get the games. However, Halo 3 will be accessible for those who have never played any of the previous games, so you will be able to understand whats going on. 1Up have a pretty good story primer which goes over what has happened so far, might be worth a read if you don't want to play the other two games.

I've just found this bit of info from the PRO-G website.

When contacted by Pro-G a Microsoft rep confirmed rumours that gamers who play Halo 3 early will have their LIVE accounts banned. Simply not connecting to the internet doesn't appear to be a solution either. The rep also confirmed that Microsoft is able to ban accounts based on information collected by the console which shows when the game was played. This news is sure to come as a shock to some gamers who have already started playing the final chapter in the blockbuster Halo trilogy.

Here's the link for it.
http://www.pro-g.co.uk/news/19-09-2007-6492.html "

I'm sorry but MS have absolutely no right to do that. You can't ban someone for buying a legitimate copy of Halo 3 and playing it. The stores that break street dates are the ones who should be fined/punished, not the gamer.

MS annoy the shit out of me at times.

If true, this opens up a big scary can of "Big Brother is watching" for us. Why should consumers be punished for the actions of retailers who sell the game early? We're going to wait for the official statement from Microsoft, but if you happened to have gotten lucky and have Halo 3 in your possession, either don't stick it in your console just yet, or tell us if you get banned. We're a bit skeptical about this as well because we've played Halo 3 (with permission) and it's been linked to our gamertags, which haven't necessarily been registered as "press" with Microsoft. As such, the alleged banning can't be done automatically. Will Microsoft really be doing a case-by-case banathon? We'll update as soon as we get the official statement.

Disgusting. If you're not a gaming freak you won't even know when the official frigging release date is, and if your shop sells it early to you and then you get permanently banned for it... Jesus Christ, that is totally out of order.

http://www.pro-g.co.uk/news/19-09-2007-6492.html

MS confirms to Pro-G that consumers will not be banned for playing Halo 3 before official release.

Playing this will no longer get you banned from Xbox LIVE
Microsoft has backtracked on its original threat to ban the LIVE accounts of gamers who have purchased Halo 3 early following high street retailer Argos' admin error.

Earlier today, a Microsoft rep told Pro-G that gamers who played Halo 3 early would have their LIVE accounts banned. The rep also confirmed that Microsoft was able to ban accounts based on information collected by the console which showed when the game was played.

http://www.pro-g.co.uk/news/19-09-2007-6492.html

MS confirms to Pro-G that consumers will not be banned for playing Halo 3 before official release.

Playing this will no longer get you banned from Xbox LIVE
Microsoft has backtracked on its original threat to ban the LIVE accounts of gamers who have purchased Halo 3 early following high street retailer Argos' admin error.

Earlier today, a Microsoft rep told Pro-G that gamers who played Halo 3 early would have their LIVE accounts banned. The rep also confirmed that Microsoft was able to ban accounts based on information collected by the console which showed when the game was played.

You beat me to it......Your banned.

Frankie has said ages ago that people won't be banned for playing the retail copy of Halo 3 early.

Gameplay sent me an email today to warn me they might, perhaps, be sending my copy soon and to expect that my credit card may be charged today but sofar no luck :(

Frankie has said ages ago that people won't be banned for playing the retail copy of Halo 3 early.

Gameplay sent me an email today to warn me they might, perhaps, be sending my copy soon and to expect that my credit card may be charged today but sofar no luck :(

Same email my brother got, he pre-ordered the legendary edition.

S'all good, looks like he'll be getting it early :D

Back
Top Bottom