RSG_GTAV_Screenshot_208.jpg

RSG_GTAV_Screenshot_200.jpg

RSG_GTAV_Screenshot_205.jpg

rsg_gtav_screenshot_16suit.jpg

rsg_gtav_screenshot_2vmuk6.jpg

RSG_GTAV_Screenshot_169.jpg

RSG_GTAV_Screenshot_161.jpg

Last edited:
You can buy property, get tattoos, change hair, modify vehicles etc.

You actually plan the heists yourself. Meaning that you recruit the crew, choose where to hide the getaway vehicle, how you're gonna approach the heist etc.

All very impressive.

Oh and each character has special abilities and stats.

Read more: http://www.computerandvideogames.co...-gta-v-rewrites-the-open-world-rulebook-again

If you want to know more in almost every single little detail, I recommend listening to this:

YouTube - GTA V - GTA 5 o'clock: GTA V - We've seen it! EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW

I watched the rev3games impressions vid and they talk about how the world is far more populated in terms in things to do and people/animals/sights to see. They talk about going scuba diving and you'll see fish and sharks and other scuba divers.

So if you end up crashing your plane or boat out in the middle of nowhere... It's not going to be a long run/swim back to land before you can do something again, you're no longer going to go "ah shit, now I've got to hope a tractor comes by otherwise I'm hammering X for the next 10 minutes.". There are tons of side missions and things to do wherever you go kind of like red dead had out in the wilderness.

Plus if you do find yourself with nothing to do, you can just switch characters and the camera zooms out into the sky... Zips across the map and then closes in on the other character. The ai takes control of the other 2 and has them driving around or walking to places... They even hint that the ai might even get up to activities like a shoot out or police chases.

I love the heists too. That you have to recruit your gang, actually go out and buy your disguises and masks (or not) and if you need a certain vehicle like a security van... You have to get that yourself prior to starting the heist. It doesn't hold your hand and give you all these in a pre determined mission. They also make it sound like you actually have to plan the mission too.

Last edited:
There is no mention of hunting or fishing? That would be a great addition.

The heists sound fantastic. There was an old game on the amiga I think that let you do bank robberies from a top down view. You had to case the joint and work out what times guards patrolled the area etc, then you have to plan your way into the place and rob it.

It looks like this will be going in some detail, be good to have hitman style missions as well, planning and stealth etc.

Can't wait for this after seeing that trailer

Forgot about them doing RDR as well so building off that will be fucking awesome

Great stuff from kotaku!

There will be a golf course!! That's brilliant :)

I'm so looking forward to this! Right now I'm replaying GTA4, the original with Niko Bellic and I gotta say, that game still plays surprisingly well 5 years on since its release!

I appreciate the fact that Rockstar will be giving the current generation a new lifeline, as I'm not in a hurry to get a PS4 with still a lot to see from the PS3.

That being said, I think the graphics do look a lot smoother and the frame rate looks much better too. Still, the main change is this 3 character thing happening simultaneously. This could work well. I think it's an old idea they probably wanted to explore better, if you think how the paths of Niko, Johnny and Luiz crossed in GTA4 and its expansions.

The only thing I'm a bit weary about is the 'super powers' that each character will have. One will have the ability to slow down time in a bullet time effect similar to Max Payne in the shootouts. I hope it doesn't go over the top and too arcadey.

The thing I'm looking forward the most though is the heists. I love it when there's a build up with some missions being a preparation leading to the big heist itself. I hope we get lots of that :)

The only thing I'm a bit weary about is the 'super powers' that each character will have. One will have the ability to slow down time in a bullet time effect similar to Max Payne in the shootouts. I hope it doesn't go over the top and too arcadey.

I quite like the sound of it because we get to choose the character that suits our playing style, for example I always like to play games as stealthy and realistic as possible, especially in terms of the shooting mechanics with strategic cover use and aiming for head shots etc with accurate weapons (rather than spray and pray and using RPGs etc) so Michael is perfect for me, other people who just want to play the game as OTT as possible can go with someone like Trevor and for those who like the driving aspect the most being able to slow time to shoot from the car as Franklin will set up lots of epic car chases and such :)

I quite like the sound of it because we get to choose the character that suits our playing style, for example I always like to play games as stealthy and realistic as possible, especially in terms of the shooting mechanics with strategic cover use and aiming for head shots etc with accurate weapons (rather than spray and pray and using RPGs etc) so Michael is perfect for me, other people who just want to play the game as OTT as possible can go with someone like Trevor and for those who like the driving aspect the most being able to slow time to shoot from the car as Franklin will set up lots of epic car chases and such :)

I see what you mean, but it looks as though we can't always choose who we prefer to use. There are bits of missions we have to play with each character separately, as the ones that set up a heist and each character is doing their bit.

I think we won't be strangers to Michael's special ability, as it sounds a lot like Max Payne and the Dead Eye from RDR.
But I'm curious about the others, especially Trevor. Apparently he will go into berserk mode and deal more damage. I just hope it isn't too much over the top, superhero-like.

Well there are rumours that either one of the 3 die, or one turns against you and become the games villain. So you'd be forced into only playing as the other 2.

It's only rumours.

I can't see it myself. You'd spend ages upgrading, purchasing property, purchasing goods.... And then the game takes that off you? People would be super pissed off.

I doubt that very much. All 3 characters will have a vital role to play in the completion of the game.

Inside the missions at several points the characters will be switched and you will have to play with all 3 chracters, but outside the mission it's up to you which character you choose.

Inside the missions at several points the characters will be switched and you will have to play with all 3 chracters, but outside the mission it's up to you which character you choose.

My point was for completion of the game you are required to play as all 3 characters. Placebo wondered if it was possible to simply play as one character for the entire duration.

Back
Top Bottom