[General Discussion] What have you been playing this week?

In my desperation for a good sporting experience, have purchased NHL 11. So far like it, but have quickly realised I know absolutely bugger all about hockey.

Still, the controls and fluency are brilliant. It woudl be amazing if they switched fifa to this type of control (you basically pass/ shoot/ aim etc with the right stick, and all else on the left stick)

In my desperation for a good sporting experience, have purchased NHL 11. So far like it, but have quickly realised I know absolutely bugger all about hockey.

Still, the controls and fluency are brilliant. It woudl be amazing if they switched fifa to this type of control (you basically pass/ shoot/ aim etc with the right stick, and all else on the left stick)

It does already, doesn't it? FIFA feels just like ice-hockey to me...

;)

CoD: MW2.............having played for about 3 hours I'm already halfway through the 3rd and final act. Shockingly short! There doesn't seem to be any story arc or balancing. It's full-on fighting in 3 regions in short bursts. Guess I'll be giving spec-ops a go aswell just to get some gameplaytime out of it.

How do you differentiate between a pass and a shot? I assume a button/trigger is a modifier?

Gave Resident Evil 5 a go, however between the annoying screentear and the clunky controls I just couldn't be bothered after about 10min. Was just stuck in this area being constantly attacked, lowest difficulty level and only 10min. into the game. Very userfriendly Capcom....already feel like I need to look at a walkthrough just to get past the opening level! Ridiculous! Doesn't bode well for the rest of the game.

Metro2033 I'm at an annoying level where I'm constantly being attacked by these "mutantdogs" so packed that in aswell. (Will take a look at the walkthrough to see what I need to do to get further).

XB360 : Madden 11, taking part in the 4th String Online Madden League, getting my ass handed to me over and over, it's a tough learning curve, most players are on their 4th season now.

Army of Two : The 40th Day, this game is decent when playing with a mate, truly gives it alot more scope, really enjoying pimping out the weapons too.

Call of Duty Black Ops : Online with mates again, yup, rubbish at this too, but with mates, tis always a laugh.

Dirt 2 and Dirt 3 : These games are great, and compliment each other so well. Was just GeekScore hunting on Dirt 2 mainly, but I enjoyed every last minute of it. Then stuck in 3 to play some more of that, and it's handling is exactly the same, but different courses and countries to race round.

Batman: Arkham Asylum : Finally got round to playing this game, not got up to Croc yet, but feeling tired of it, sure it's an awesome looking game, and it totally gives you a vibe of being Batman, but I'm really not too worried about doing much more of it to be honest. Scan, clear a room / area and move onto the next bit.

Backbreaker Vengeance : Just the trial of this, I can see the appeal in it, but 1200 points, wise da chuff up. For that price, they should of thrown a whole league structure in there and online matches not just the mini games of running and tackling.

PSP

Sega Rally, great fun, reminds me so much of the arcade game, handling is spot on for a handheld game, it moves fast too.

Last edited:
360 - Fallout 3 Game of the year Edition, Completed Fallout 3 main game now doing Broken Steel Expansion.
PS3 - None
PC - Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Galactic Warfare mod MP

PC - Bad Company 2 for the most part, although I bought The Witcher and Metro 2033 last night.

360 - Fallout 3 Game of the year Edition, Completed Fallout 3 main game & Broken Steel Expansion, now doing Operation Anchorage Expansion. Smackdown Vs Raw 2011.
PS3 - None.
PC - None.

I re-discovered Richard Burns Rally for the PC with the Rally Sim RSRBR2011 upgrades.

Game cost £3.50 and I've had more fun on that than on any of the DiRT games.

If you like rally games, there is no better.

NFL 2k5 with updated rosters, if any of you guys like american football, get this game, pisses all over madden 2011 and its 6 years old and from last gen xbox

PS3 - BFBC:2, NCAA Football 12, NBA 2K11
Xbox 360 - Halo 3 (online), Mass Effect, RB6V2
Xbox - ESPN NFL 2K5 (the best A.Football game ever made)
PS1 - Resident Evil

I'm getting a replacement Dreamcast next week so I can play Shenmue again. I will be on that all next week no doubt.

360 - None.
PS3 - Pro Evolution Soccer 2011.
PC - Bejeweled 2 & 3, Civilisation 4, Call of Duty 4 Galactic Ware mod.
Xbox - Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 1.

Back
Top Bottom