FIFA 23 Discussion Thread (PC Version)

Hello everyone.

I need help please. Starting my third season in career mode, during the game when I pause the game and try to make a substitution, the game does not respond, and it does not let me go back in any way. It is awful!

Hey guys!

I've installed FIFA 23 and played a few games after getting more RAM for my computer, but it's weird.. Some matches seem to run fine, while others are quite laggy.. I'm not sure if my PC has enough specs to run the game smoothly or if it's something else I need to tweak. Here are my specs:

Intel(R) Core (TM) i5-8300H CPU @2.30GHz 2,30 GHz
16 RAM, SSD

I used to have 8GM RAM and an HD, and with the added 8 RAM and SSD it's running better, but I think I might need an i7 processor for the game to run without any lagging.. Are there any tweaks I can make to have the game run smoother, besides lowering quality? Thanks in advance.

Hi i had some exp with FIFA games and i will give my feedback about their preferences and the developing.

First of all they have lighting problem extra white or extra blue .
Finally and this was clear for everyone that FIFA had some player model problems like they were rugby but animations and graphics were good and these were their preferences and i will talk about it and i think many bugs will be fixed. Look, you need to split the head in the model from body when it comes to animations and add conditional things so you will reach the perfect result and this should be part of gameplay when it comes maybe to ball control and things but this is different. (so the view here is the head not the eyes for example so it should be 2 models one for the eyes(the exisited) and one for iris).
every body is unique this is the hard or the easy part ? otherwise it should implemented with gameplay part yea like some communication between the player and turf .

Last edited:
Hello everyone.

I need help please. Starting my third season in career mode, during the game when I pause the game and try to make a substitution, the game does not respond, and it does not let me go back in any way. It is awful!
Do you use any mods? Maybe one of the players on your bench is bugged for some reason. You could try putting different players on the bench.

i have come to a conclusion of what i really hate about fifa in general, and its the : Feel of passing, the passing mechanics, or whatever you wanna call it, in the other game it s just a joy to pass the ball around, but the bad thing is related here , because in the other game, whenever you come close to penalty area and you want to make a chance to score, it s just awful, it doesn t relate well to the positive thing the other game does, which is the passing mechanics feel of the build up play, something that fifa unfortunately can never replicate, this is why i always come back to the other game for at least a few games, because the ai in the other game in ML is just atrocious, i wish fifa can replicate the other game s feel of the passing mechanics.

Is there any way to make the passing feel like the other game??? And make the game feel less like"every game feels like the same" ??? Or can t be done??

Anyone?? This thread dead or what??is there any way to make the passing have more weight to it like the other game?

Is anyone else seeing this in their EA App?
View attachment 223429

It's been like this for 3 days.
The EA app has been a real pain for me recently too. It signs me out on every startup, I thought the whole point of ticking the box "stay logged in" was that it'll auto-sign you in without the inconveniencing of manually doing it every play.

Plus the app keeps abruptly crashing and signing me out.

Steam is the only frontend worth a damn, playing games on PC and having to download every publisher's slow-ass storefronts is just relentless.

The EA app has been a real pain for me recently too.
It's extraordinary how bad it is and how much one needs to know about troubleshooting software on Windows to make it work properly. It shouldn't be like that. It's ridiculous. I have Windows XP games I run on older directx setups at 640 x 480 that run smoother than this.
And because I can't spare 30 minutes that it might take to load the game I frequently find myself giving up on loading 23 or just playing 16, 17 or 19 with mods. Because who has time for this crap? Now I will admit, loading it without mods eliminates a big roadblock. Because then you don't have to worry about mods not running properly which is a huge problem for me. But mostly it's the EA app not working.

Hello all.

Could anyone help? I am.actually enjoying fifa 23 but would love to have a camera mod that let me copy real life stadium camera positioning. Fifa cameras are appallingly limited.

I have never modded anything, though am reasonably computer literate. How hard would it be for me to install a camera mod? Is it that hard? Or doable with a tutorial?

Cheers

I need some help please.
My game crashes when a player in manager carreer mode leave my club without an error message or something. It happened when you see the screen with the reviews for the transfer are shown it freezes for just 3 or 4 seconds and then the game crashing.

My pc should not be the problem. It is a new one. I5 13600k, 32gb ram ddr5 5600mhz, rtx 4070ti, windows 11 22h2 build 22621.2070 .

On booth screenshots you can see my mods/patches:

mmf2301.jpg

mmf2302.jpg

I don't know what can I do to fix this crash. I hope for your help, please!

I need some help please.
My game crashes when a player in manager carreer mode leave my club without an error message or something. It happened when you see the screen with the reviews for the transfer are shown it freezes for just 3 or 4 seconds and then the game crashing.

My pc should not be the problem. It is a new one. I5 13600k, 32gb ram ddr5 5600mhz, rtx 4070ti, windows 11 22h2 build 22621.2070 .

On booth screenshots you can see my mods/patches:

View attachment 228154

View attachment 228156

I don't know what can I do to fix this crash. I hope for your help, please!
Hello again, Mate! Don´t think I am following you.😆
Been searching by myself through the FIFA SEction and saw your Post, though.
As I told you previously I also use Slim´s EEP 23. From what I can see on your screenshots and what you mentioned in your Post here, is that you have 2 mods enabled which doing the same thing. I am speaking from 2 mods which are responsible for your Career mode you currently playing. I guess you have recently started your new Career, right? Or do you far inside a season?? When you look at the Screenshot I have attached for you, you can see my own Mod List. It´s similar to yours. Kinda. You have Viper´s Career mod applied and also the EEP Addon "Realism & Crowd mod". On my second screenshot
you see I have highlighted the EEP addon. In the description of this addon you can read it affects Career mode like Transfers and much more. In general
Viper´s Career mod do the same thing. kinda. But both mods using the same files and they interfere each other. That´s my guess why your game crashes. Don´t carved in stone for sure. But it´s a first attempt to fix your Problem. Disable one of the both mods. When you look again on my Screenshot you will see both mods are in my Mod Manager too. As I play without EEP Addon where is no marker set in my MM I have Viper´s Career mode enabled.

After you have disabled one of the Career mode related in your Mod Manager launch the game again via the Mod Manger. But it´s necessary to click on the right side of the Launcher button the little arrow and click the button to delete first your FifaModData Folder inside your game. I guess you know that, but better to mention. No need to do this manually, thanks to that addition in Mod Manager. Than in game start your Career save or when you not that deep inside a season better to start a new Career without the option that your current save game could still effected from the mods launch before.

I hope that fixes your crashes, Mate. Otherwise we need to check about your Squad file. But first launch your game with only 1 of the Career mods I mentioned.

Attachments

• unknown_2023.08.04-22.51.png
    unknown_2023.08.04-22.51.png
    247.1 KB · Views: 5
  • unknown_2023.08.04-22.51_1.png
    unknown_2023.08.04-22.51_1.png
    462.8 KB · Views: 5
  • unknown_2023.08.04-22.54.png
    unknown_2023.08.04-22.54.png
    380.6 KB · Views: 5
As I told you previously I also use Slim´s EEP 23. From what I can see on your screenshots and what you mentioned in your Post here, is that you have 2 mods enabled which doing the same thing. I am speaking from 2 mods which are responsible for your Career mode you currently playing. I guess you have recently started your new Career, right? Or do you far inside a season?? When you look at the Screenshot I have attached for you, you can see my own Mod List. It´s similar to yours. Kinda. You have Viper´s Career mod applied and also the EEP Addon "Realism & Crowd mod". On my second screenshot
you see I have highlighted the EEP addon. In the description of this addon you can read it affects Career mode like Transfers and much more. In general
Viper´s Career mod do the same thing. kinda. But both mods using the same files and they interfere each other. That´s my guess why your game crashes. Don´t carved in stone for sure. But it´s a first attempt to fix your Problem. Disable one of the both mods. When you look again on my Screenshot you will see both mods are in my Mod Manager too. As I play without EEP Addon where is no marker set in my MM I have Viper´s Career mode enabled.

After you have disabled one of the Career mode related in your Mod Manager launch the game again via the Mod Manger. But it´s necessary to click on the right side of the Launcher button the little arrow and click the button to delete first your FifaModData Folder inside your game. I guess you know that, but better to mention. No need to do this manually, thanks to that addition in Mod Manager. Than in game start your Career save or when you not that deep inside a season better to start a new Career without the option that your current save game could still effected from the mods launch before.

I hope that fixes your crashes, Mate. Otherwise we need to check about your Squad file. But first launch your game with only 1 of the Career mods I mentioned.
Thank you Byronic, what would I do if we don't have you on evoweb. 😊

I will try it. But I hope that I don't need to begin a new carreer save.

So I uncheck the checkmark by eep realism and crowd addon and launch the game with the delete fifa mod data. I was trying to times with my old save and one time with a new carreer.

Both try with the old carreer was still crashing at the same moment.
The try with a new carreer did not crash.

Is it possible to rescue my old carreer savegame? :PRAY: Or do I need to do a new one?

So I uncheck the checkmark by eep realism and crowd addon and launch the game with the delete fifa mod data. I was trying to times with my old save and one time with a new carreer.

Both try with the old carreer was still crashing at the same moment.
The try with a new carreer did not crash.

Is it possible to rescue my old carreer savegame? :PRAY: Or do I need to do a new one?
Ah Carles, I just hoped you didn´t tell that your Career save is still crashing. Damn it. Let´s see what we can do?! I assume you use the official EEP 23 Squad File, right? The first thing I personally would do now is to try the updated EEP 23 Squad from Viper´s Career mod where you have downloaded previously.
It could be that your save game works after you have replaced the original EEP 23 Squad File from your Documents/FIFA 23/settings with the Viper updated EEP 23 Squad File. I attach you a Screenshot from my own download Folder of the Viper Squad File. So please try it and of course backup your current Squad File in documents Folder before you replace the Squad File. Don´t worry, you didn´t damage your Game or your Career save. If you don´t have the Viper update for EEP 23 I will upload it for you. So please check if you have exact this file on your side?

It´s brand new update from Viper for EEP 23, date is from yesterday, though. Let me know if you need the file?

EDIT:
I made up my thoughts about your crash again. Do you remember if you have the EEP mod and the Career start 23/24 mod applied at the same time? Or have you added the Career start mod maybe
later? I mean after you have started your current Career mode? If so, it´s most likely an option why your Career crash. It could be also that one of your last transfers inside your own Career mode
causes the crash. Not so unusual, I had that situation often in the past. :-)
Maybe you bought a Player which have an error in his Player face mod. Enough to crash a Career.

Sorry for all that input, Mate. We need to go through all options. But unfortunetly no guarantee we can save your Career Mode. So let´s move on and check things out.

Attachments

• unknown_2023.08.05-12.59.png
    unknown_2023.08.05-12.59.png
    302.7 KB · Views: 4
  • unknown_2023.08.05-12.59_1.png
    unknown_2023.08.05-12.59_1.png
    201.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Ah Carles, I just hoped you didn´t tell that your Career save is still crashing. Damn it. Let´s see what we can do?! I assume you use the official EEP 23 Squad File, right? The first thing I personally would do now is to try the updated EEP 23 Squad from Viper´s Career mod where you have downloaded previously.
It could be that your save game works after you have replaced the original EEP 23 Squad File from your Documents/FIFA 23/settings with the Viper updated EEP 23 Squad File. I attach you a Screenshot from my own download Folder of the Viper Squad File. So please try it and of course backup your current Squad File in documents Folder before you replace the Squad File. Don´t worry, you didn´t damage your Game or your Career save. If you don´t have the Viper update for EEP 23 I will upload it for you. So please check if you have exact this file on your side?

It´s brand new update from Viper for EEP 23, date is from yesterday, though. Let me know if you need the file?

EDIT:
I made up my thoughts about your crash again. Do you remember if you have the EEP mod and the Career start 23/24 mod applied at the same time? Or have you added the Career start mod maybe
later? I mean after you have started your current Career mode? If so, it´s most likely an option why your Career crash. It could be also that one of your last transfers inside your own Career mode
causes the crash. Not so unusual, I had that situation often in the past. :-)
Maybe you bought a Player which have an error in his Player face mod. Enough to crash a Career.

Sorry for all that input, Mate. We need to go through all options. But unfortunetly no guarantee we can save your Career Mode. So let´s move on and check things out.
Hi mate, which new squad file do you mean?
I use the squad file from this mod: http://soccergaming.com/index.php?threads/fifa-23-23-24-modpack-for-eep-tu15-v4.6471876/

With it I have new transfers and the faces they are in this mod included.

No, cause I have since mid of july a new pc and downloaded and installed everything new. So this could not be the problem I think. Correct me if I'm wrong.
What it could be indeed is an player face. But how can I find out if and which?
😑

Is FIFA 23 on PC worth buying as it will likely be the last game to feature the World Cup that's worth anything? Seems like there are a lot of good mods available to keep the game going for years. I already own the game on PS5, so maybe it's not worth another investment on PC, but wondering what y'alls opinions are.

Hi mate, which new squad file do you mean?
I use the squad file from this mod: http://soccergaming.com/index.php?threads/fifa-23-23-24-modpack-for-eep-tu15-v4.6471876/

With it I have new transfers and the faces they are in this mod included.

No, cause I have since mid of july a new pc and downloaded and installed everything new. So this could not be the problem I think. Correct me if I'm wrong.
What it could be indeed is an player face. But how can I find out if and which?
😑
Your are up to date, Mate. I use the same source for newest mod Pack. This should not the Problem of your crashes. Also you started your Career mode together with EEP and the Year Start 23/24 mod. And no need to correct you, you seem have done everything right. Related to option of an corrupt face, it´s unfortunetly that easy as in FIFA 16 where we just fix faces via updated Creation Master 16 tool.
I also hate it to start from new especially when in a career mode Season much progress is done. So I feel you. If you wanna go through the whole next step to try sort things out, than I can only recommend you just for your inner peace one time all Player Faces you have currently applied. Than launch your game again, load your Career save and make some short tests till you most likely should face the crash before. When your game didn´t crash that time you can be sure it´s a Player Face. Of course this means 2 things directly: First of all you must invest a little extra time on a weekend where you intendly planed to "play" the game instead for doing debugging. And second it´s still just an chance to figure out why your game crashes? Personally if I feel it worth by disabling mods, load again into game, check if it works now? And doing the same again I have some days where I am busy for 1 or the other hour to find the faulty mod. So yeah for now I can only say disable Face mods...all! And than you know a little bit more after relaunching your game. Enable them again till you find the issue, Mate!
Idk if this is an option for you, but I can offer you to upload your Career save and your current Squad File and I will take a look for you by myself??! I would run EEP 23 which is already installed on my Drive and also I enable the Start year 23/24 mod. Than I would load it into my game and report back to you if I found something which helps you. Otherwise I guess you understand from my position there is only thinking and guessing what´s the issue in your game, though. You won´t provide me any personal Data by those 2 files. Just an offer. Let me know, Mate.

Is FIFA 23 on PC worth buying as it will likely be the last game to feature the World Cup that's worth anything? Seems like there are a lot of good mods available to keep the game going for years. I already own the game on PS5, so maybe it's not worth another investment on PC, but wondering what y'alls opinions are.
For me the game is only playable on PC. The Vanilla gameplay is somewhat "overpowered" and off the track imo. I played the game twice on my buddy´s PS 5, so I know this experience also. For me it´s not better or worser compared to PC default gameplay. In both Mediums it´s just unplayable for me considered I must play some years/seasons in Career mode. What´s your average gamescore when you play 2x 6? or 2x7 or 2x8 minutes Match time? You don´t need to answer, I guess there are very high scores each match. Because there must be something why you a little bit interested in what the modded PC Version have maybe to offer, dont you? :D

The PC Version is not that expensive anymore, also with Xbox gamepass a.e. the game is free to play since a couple of weeks. Me, I would take a look into the PC Version which you can mod this FIFA season with really high quality and realistic gameplay mods provided here in the Forum. I personally like Anth´s gameplay the most, but Paul´s gameplay is worth testing too to have a better comparision what suits you the best. There are more gameplay mods here provided in the forum. @Hels The Ronin gameplay mod or @hatesince97 gp mod. And you find a lot of mods in the Internet for immersion like better Turfs, real TV Logos, boots, gloves etc.
these are the 2 gameplay mod threads I mentioned.

https://evoweb.uk/threads/anths-23-mods-gameplay-v6-0-released.93953/

https://evoweb.uk/threads/v-paulv2k4-fifa-23-mods-gameplay-career.92291/

Back
Top Bottom