FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

It looks to me that the EA app crashes on purpose when it "senses" there's an Internet connection available but it's kept in offline mode for too long.
It happens a lot also to me with FIFA 19 (which I have to keep offline as I'm playing the 1.0 version), and when the app crashes it brings the game to hell with it.
I've been kicked out of matches countless times with FIFA 19 now that it's becoming to get ridiculous if you ask me.
(on a different note the latest version of the EA app doesn't have the "go offline" button anymore* so it may not be a problem of ours anymore in the near future).

*the feature is still there but it's just hidden:
View attachment 251812
Now FIFA 19 is abandonware with no tech support, servers are shut down and no availability to purchase through Konami or the XB/PS stores; why don't you just download a cracked version of 19? I know 16 was never cracked so that's a little harder but 19 you can solve that problem.

Here's my question about "online" and "offline" mode. The only reason why I play in "offline" is because I am using Cheat Engine for Anth's Ball Physics Mod (as far as I remember, I've only gotten booted out of the game in offline mode). Is Cheat Engine safe to use in Online Mode, because if it is, there's really no reason for me to disconnect the EA App..

For a long time i played with Anth's Ball Physics Mod and EA App on online mode and had no problems. Now i go offline before launching the game because i suspect EA App to cause crashes by trying to connect to the internet but never had an issue with Cheat engine and ball physics mod neither online nor offline.

Here's my question about "online" and "offline" mode. The only reason why I play in "offline" is because I am using Cheat Engine for Anth's Ball Physics Mod (as far as I remember, I've only gotten booted out of the game in offline mode). Is Cheat Engine safe to use in Online Mode, because if it is, there's really no reason for me to disconnect the EA App..

I think is only unsafe to use them in online multiplayer mode.
Been playing with tens of cheat engine mods while in online status and I have never had a problem

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I modified the exe file for FIFA 16 in order to get a good way of playing according to my personal vision, but I faced a problem where after the modification I found that players are being injured automatically and randomly, and I cannot control the players, I just watch even though I choose the side of a specific team.

For some reason I can't seem to play the game anymore with the 1.0 exe. The launch screen pops up but the game never runs when I hit play. Has anyone had this issue ?

any way to buy this game for a decent price on any store? i have tried everything in the other game, mods and whatnot, but it just doesn t give the randomness of football like fifa 16 does, because fifa 16 to me is PES of all fifas,

Now FIFA 19 is abandonware with no tech support, servers are shut down and no availability to purchase through Konami or the XB/PS stores; why don't you just download a cracked version of 19? I know 16 was never cracked so that's a little harder but 19 you can solve that problem.
ofc 16 was cracked, by 3dmgame, back in 2016, but since then after a few years, the crack doesn t work anymore, and the game is nowhere to be found

any way to buy this game for a decent price on any store? i have tried everything in the other game, mods and whatnot, but it just doesn t give the randomness of football like fifa 16 does, because fifa 16 to me is PES of all fifas,
Game keys are sold from £60+ now and prices will gradually get more expensive as long as new iterations of EA and KONAMI games continue to be unplayable for different reasons each one. Imo FIFA 16 keys will be sold more than £200 in 2025.

Game keys are sold from £60+ now and prices will gradually get more expensive as long as new iterations of EA and KONAMI games continue to be unplayable for different reasons each one. Imo FIFA 16 keys will be sold more than £200 in 2025.
Got it for 30 EUR last year, best investment I did apart from purchasing a PS Vita

Can anyone help me here with a specific scenario?

I am doing a Leipzig career mode and using Shawminator's CGFS to assign stadiums. Now, the problem is when I play the first game after booting up in career mode, it's fine, but for the next game, either the in-game assigned stadium is being used with modded stadium seat assignments or a missing texture in-game stadium with green, blue pattern. Does anyone know how to fix this issue ?

Can anyone help me here with a specific scenario?

I am doing a Leipzig career mode and using Shawminator's CGFS to assign stadiums. Now, the problem is when I play the first game after booting up in career mode, it's fine, but for the next game, either the in-game assigned stadium is being used with modded stadium seat assignments or a missing texture in-game stadium with green, blue pattern. Does anyone know how to fix this issue ?
Hi I have the same problem as you I am curious to know if anyone has a solution

Lucky you! 😳
Don’t miss the chance, for that price…

(BTW I’m doing the opposite. I’ve got them for PC but I’m also collecting them either for PS3 or for Xbox One now that they don’t cost that much anymore for consoles).
I did the same for FIFA 16 and 19, collected them on PC/XB1/PS4. I'm not hopeful they'll ever be surpassed - footy games peaked too early!

I got FIFA PC DVD, but i cant install.

I got win11 and when i try to install it asked me about serial key, but when i entered it says: This code has already been redeemed.

Cant you play with disk, without origin?

I got FIFA PC DVD, but i cant install.

I got win11 and when i try to install it asked me about serial key, but when i entered it says: This code has already been redeemed.

Cant you play with disk, without origin?
Origin is still required (as a form of DRM). The disc just has the base game so you don't have to download anything other than updates.

1706860184098.png

next i get here:

1706860349726.png

when i enter product key i got msg:

1706860404432.png

I bought FIFA16 on local "ebay". Can't you play just offline (servers are down) without activation?

I'm playing FIFA 16 and on the ball I love it, semi shooting and passing and manual through balls. Great tempo to play etc. My problem is v AI they seem a little too passive. I've slightly lowered their speed and touch as I found them moving and passing way too fast imo.

How do I make the AI less passive and more realistic? Is it cos I am using the update that I didn't want but that stupid console repeatedly downloads and installs even when you pause it? Are there custom best slider settings to use for the AI?

I'm playing FIFA 16 and on the ball I love it, semi shooting and passing and manual through balls. Great tempo to play etc. My problem is v AI they seem a little too passive. I've slightly lowered their speed and touch as I found them moving and passing way too fast imo.

How do I make the AI less passive and more realistic? Is it cos I am using the update that I didn't want but that stupid console repeatedly downloads and installs even when you pause it? Are there custom best slider settings to use for the AI?
For my experience 1.00 Is better than 1.07.
anyways players are Better positioned on the pitch,but yes, still a lil passive.
I noticed that lowering acceleration makes things worst. So i keep 50 on acceleration and 49 on Speed. I use 60 or a lil more on marking and 60 on defensive line height too.. seems makes things better,but you could have differents feelings.

I am struggling too finding a sweet spot..i think that the dribbling on this game is amazing, but cpu defenders are passive and i find too much Easy dribbling them.
It's a shame that servers are off, cause this game give it's best on player vs player in my opinion.

Last edited:

I would highly suggest you try Anth's gameplay mod, for version 1.00. :TU:
I think FIFA 16's Vanilla gameplay is really good, but IMO the mod improves it even more!

A question for those who play 1.0 version for a long time, i.e. @papinho81 and others: what cl file and sliders do you use?

That's the few lines I am using with v1 together with the mod I shared in my mess thread. Sliders set to default.
I am currently playing with the RFS app where it feels like teams are playing more to their standards, because of the way leagues are emulated, but also the dynamical players stats throughout the seasons.

Code:
//Use rotating adboards instead of animated ones globally.
STADIUM_USE_LEGACY_ADBOARDS=1

//Force tournament decorations in all matches.
STADIUM_DRESSING_OVERRIDE=1

HALF_LENGTH = 12
AI_SETTING_HALFLENGTH = 12

//Force crowd distribution. 0=normal, 1=neutral
//CROWD_DISTRIBUTION=1

FREE_ROAM_BALL_ID=99

UNLOCK_ALL_UCC=1
UCC=1

//AI_SETTING_HALFLENGTH = 0.1

[] //CHEATING
CPUAI_GetBallToPlayerScorePredictionPoints=0
[Avoidance]