FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

No love for the best league in Europe, La Liga. New San Mames, Sanchez Pizjuan, Balaidos, La Rosaleda and Riazor should be in.

disapointing list to say the least... was hoping for a full league like Bundesliga or Serie A... Also 2 stadiums in arabia league yet no Maracana... well done.

Yeah. I think Bundesliga is more needed than any other league..Even generic stadiums are not even similar to Bundesliga stadiums.

Nets :BRICK::DOH: HORRIBLE!

In addition, I think there should be more stadiums of less titled teams from Spain (Bilbao, Sevilla), or Portuguese- Estadio Da Luz, beautiful Alvalade, ESTADIO DE DRAGAO!. PSV Eindhoven - Philips Stadion from Holland, or Italian Stadio Luigi Ferraris (I'm in love with that place), or Stadio San Paolo.

I do not write about Heszke Mehshe Stadium that is a home of my favourit Albanian team from 4th division (just a random example as a lot of people are actually asking for their local stadiums to be included in next FIFA :SHOCK:), but I mention about huge European arenas of teams that are absolutely well-known brands in football environment, and I can't still understand why a lot of top football stadiums are still missed in the game.

Why is there a bouquet of flowers by the goals?

This is why :

Simon Humber, Creative Director of the FIFA series, passed away earlier this year after a fight with cancer. Simon was a huge fan of Portsmouth FC and in tribute to him the FIFA team have included Fratton Park stadium in FIFA 16.

“When you make video games, you spend a great deal of time with people, and shipping an annual title makes a team very close. I worked with Simon daily for seven years, and feel like I – and the team – lost a family member. In terms of his legacy within FIFA, he was the daddy of Ultimate Team, and played a big role in career mode – many of the features coming this year were ones he was leading development on.” - David Rutter, VP and GM, EA SPORTS FIFA, speaking to The Guardian earlier this year.
As development for FIFA 16 was hitting its stride, the team at EA Canada started working with Portsmouth FC to include Fratton Park as a tribute to Simon. From visiting the site to interacting with ground staff, the aim was to make sure that the 117-year-old stadium was authentically replicated in the game.

"Simon was well-known among Pompey fans, his love of life, humorous and caring character ensured he was loved by all who met him. His passion for Pompey, the FIFA game and football in general, was infectious and as such he leaves a legacy of having made a hugely positive impact across all three. Everyone at Pompey is honoured that Fratton Park will appear in FIFA 16 and I know Simon would be ever so proud to see his club featured in this way. He would no doubt hope that it helps spread the word about his beloved club."-Ashley Brown, Director at PFC, on the Pompey Supporters' Trust board.

During his time at Electronic Arts Simon worked on a number of games, including serving as Lead Producer on 2010 FIFA World Cup and Creative Director on the more recent FIFA releases.

“On FIFA, Simon was the man behind some of my favourite features with Alan McInally commentary topping that list. I had the pleasure of working on lots of features with him, spending hours creating and analysing Excel spreadsheets that would be the foundation for intricate implementations.” - Adam Bell, Software Engineer, EA SPORTS FIFA
Simon was also deeply involved and connected to the FIFA community, regularly participating with fans on forums and by email.

"It was probably that remarkable ability to think outside the box, which then led to Simon presiding over what is perhaps the greatest FIFA game of all time: 2010 FIFA World Cup. Simon was Lead Producer on that game, and once again community feedback was at the heart of his time in charge. If you were on the FIFA scene at the time, I’m sure you’ll remember just how active Simon was on the forums, replying, challenging, and destroying stupid suggestions with great regularity. But as well as that, he was watching and listening intently too. And it was his keen ear to the ground which led to a raft of kit, flag, and general accuracy changes after the game had shipped. It didn’t matter how small EA's mistake was, he knew that in a game shaped around national allegiance it made a big difference to someone. And that’s something I think Simon really understood about the FIFA community, and it showed." - David Bryant, Futhead.

In addition to including Fratton Park in the stadium, there will also be a subtle tribute to Simon inside the stadium. When playing FIFA 16, if you look towards the goalmouth you will notice a 'wreath of flowers' laid to honour Simon, just as the club and its supporters did in an incredible gesture earlier in May.

Wow I didn't hear about Simon, sad news, I spoke with him a couple of time on Twitter.

And to be a little callous, the text hints at features coming in Career Mode?

he was the daddy of Ultimate Team, and played a big role in career mode – many of the features coming this year were ones he was leading development on.

Yeah my eyes popped at that part too.

Very sad news though. Lovely gesture, I hope they're there in game for us as well.

Nearly 80 stadiums in total, thats impressive

I hope there will be an option in career mode to change (or upgrade) the stadiums. I hate seeing my promoted team like a notts county or bury, in the champions league in a shorty tiny stadium.

I hope there will be an option in career mode to change (or upgrade) the stadiums. I hate seeing my promoted team like a notts county or bury, in the champions league in a shorty tiny stadium.

Fortunately nice and simple with the PC version :)

I wish to get an option to choose the number of fans at the stadium. Like on PES 3 - 5 (probably), in match options you were able to select how crowded stadium will be. In order to team's position in the table, or rival attractiveness, stadium was fully of fans or spare seats were noticable as not always stadium is getting completely packed. However, the best possible option was to choose a minimum number of crowd, so you could hear an applause coming from the bench :- ) It was lovely to see that realism, especially while lower division teams were played. :))

Although the stadium list is quite impressive in size, it is far to Anglo-centric. I appreciate that FIFA sells itself as a de facto English football simulator, but the stadium roster should be far more balanced. Three or four stadia from Spain, Italy and France is quite poor, and there should be at least a couple of stadia from countries like Brazil, Portugal, Turkey, Russia and certainly more from EA's own back yard - the MLS.

The range of generic stadia is very laudable though.

nice, they didnt take out stadiums of those teams who relegated to the Championship

I have to apologise all QPR, Burnley and Hull fans, but I hope that these teams won't be back to the Premier League season next year, so we're going to get 3 additional stadiums in FIFA 17 :BLEH:

More seriously, it is really bad EA's turn to do not develop any of more important and more cognoscible stadiums in this year. With all due respect to MLS and Asian leagues, I (and probably 70% of gamers) would be more happy to see stadiums such as Estadio de Dragao, Da Luz or even Stade Pierre-Mauroy in FIFA 16.

Not at this time. I also hope to get stadium server more functional in this year for PC version, so any of above listed arenas might be used within the game. However, obviously that "operation" is limited only for PC owners.

well they added 7 stadias after adding 20 (or more?) last year, it just feels less ofcourse. but they cant add whole leagues of stadiums every year, in a few years they would miss new content in this area. last year they did it so they could have a major content, like woman football this year

I (and probably 70% of gamers) would be more happy to see stadiums such as Estadio de Dragao, Da Luz or even Stade Pierre-Mauroy in FIFA 16.
Yeah surely I wish we could have more European stadiums: one I definitely miss (and it was there in at least one older FIFA game) is the BayArena, I just loved that stadium and I never understood why they decided to take it out.

The same obviously happens to other stadiums like Alvalade/Da Luz/Dragão that all were in FIFA 10 if I recall correctly.

By the way, I expect the same treatment BPL got regarding stadiums to be extended also to the MLS sooner or later (rather sooner). It won't be what I'm looking for, but it would be sensible for marketing reasons.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom