FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Lower first touch seems the way to go for me combined with higher pass error for AI.first expsriences It brings out individuality more e.g good players will dribble more and try more distant shooting

If you put first touch error up and pass error up the ball bobbles more but crosses can be messed up too often by the AI. .However FT at 15 and pass error around 72 gives %89 accuracy but not silly waywood passes ..I'll post some sliders after some more games

Did anyone ever find out how to do a daisy cutter. I don't see them in 16 at all. All shots either go up or halfway up.
This really sucks, i miss the low driven power shots.

I love daisycutters too in real life! Not enough of them in Fifa BUT I have scored and seen AI score a few low shots from outside the penalty box that go into the bottom corner of the net. Not often then but they are there. I wouldn't say they were very driven or powerful... BUT the fact that they were scored from outside the box means they did have 'enough' zip and power that they went past goalies. They weren't that long-range though, these were more or less just outside the penalty box.

Meaning we can't attempt a hard low shot with any input combination like in the past but a low shot can happen based on the situation. For example I've seen a fair number of hard low shots resulting from one-time shots.

True although I find we can still pull off low shots by simply not powering up the shot much. So basically holding the shoot button for what is slightly more than a just 'tap'.

I've done that successfully from just outside the box scoring a low-drive without it being a first-time shot.

So it's definitely somewhat contextual but the KEY is holding the shot button for a very small period of time. The limitation seems to be that anything further away from just outside the area, has no chance of going in if its a low shot because it lacks sufficient power; so scoring from long range with a daisy-cutter is next to impossible but scoring from just outside the box with a low shot is difficult but doable.

Chris, thanks for the legendary sliders. Was getting bored of pro and wc was infuriating, your sliders have opened up the game again!

Thanks. I can't really make up my mind which ones I should go with, Chris' or Scorpio's...

I like how it plays with Scorpios but on Professional it seems to be quite easy for me. Unfortunately, I haven't found sliders which play particularly good on Legendary because the AI would just do the tiki-taka all the time no matter which teams I play against...

Last edited:
Thanks. I can't really make up my mind which ones I should go with, Chris' or Scorpio's...

I like how it plays with Scorpios but on Professional it seems to be quite easy for me. Unfortunately, I haven't found sliders which play particularly good on Legendary because the AI would just do the tiki-taka all the time no matter which teams I play against...

There are still times when the CPU tiki-taka but nowhere near as often and there's error in their passing. From what I've played there's more variation than I had experience on the infuriating WC.

There are still times when the CPU tiki-taka but nowhere near as often and there's error in their passing. From what I've played there's more variation than I had experience on the infuriating WC.

Try mine on legendary ..reduces the tic tac ..might not be for everyone but I like them

True although I find we can still pull off low shots by simply not powering up the shot much. So basically holding the shoot button for what is slightly more than a just 'tap'.

I've done that successfully from just outside the box scoring a low-drive without it being a first-time shot.

So it's definitely somewhat contextual but the KEY is holding the shot button for a very small period of time. The limitation seems to be that anything further away from just outside the area, has no chance of going in if its a low shot because it lacks sufficient power; so scoring from long range with a daisy-cutter is next to impossible but scoring from just outside the box with a low shot is difficult but doable.

When i just tab the shot button from outside the box the shot is very very weak. In Fifa 16 all shot have liftoff from the ground. In 15 you could have a really powerfull shot that would not leave the ground and beat the keeper from long distance when it was going really into the corner of the goal.
Again, i miss that.
Fifa 16 is doing many things well, but shot variation is - in my opinion - not one of those things.

This! I had switched to WC i think in update 1.03 and hadnt turned back to Legendary I dont know why. PLaying in WC in one of the updates was OK, but now the amount of tiki taka can be pretty bad. Used Chris's sliders as a base and still tweaking to get legendary to play a bit better. Still trying to increase their pass error without breaking their ability to make crosses

So anyway, long time PES fan yadda yadda, who bought a PS4 this xmas for the kid. No PS4 PES demo available on Store so been playing a bundle of FIFA on it, and I must say (and I'll whisper it quietly), that I am really, really enjoying it. First impressions that it is slower, more tactical. I definitely see player individuality (although that may very well be because of the elite sides involved). I'm also seeing some lovely CPU goals, cannot notice that much too overboard CPU scripting. Shooting seems enjoyable, keepers stable, graphics and atmosphere excellent. Overall, I have been very pleasantly surprised.

Then you see the reviews, that in the majority of cases PES is receiving 8/9 out of 10 and FIFA has been PANNED this year. I cannot understand this. FIFA really does feel like quite a modern PES5 or something.

So...is the outcry because FIFA has gone more sim and therefore pissing the noobs off and PES more arcade thus picking up more favourable reviews (which would be bad as I consider myself a PES hardcore)?

Also is there any huge differences between this FIFA demo I'm playing and retail version?

I here the gameplay in PES too is pretty good, but there are certain game breakers that I have been made aware of, and I'm not sure I can put up with a year of the keepers being mongfests and CPU scoring being samey ie low shot into corner.

Any feedback would be welcome. I for one cannot believe there is no Europe PES demo. This is just...shocking. I understand we're a fair way from release, but Jesus. I'm also unwilling to be shelling out 100 bucks each year to get both games.

So anyway, long time PES fan yadda yadda, who bought a PS4 this xmas for the kid. No PS4 PES demo available on Store so been playing a bundle of FIFA on it, and I must say (and I'll whisper it quietly), that I am really, really enjoying it. First impressions that it is slower, more tactical. I definitely see player individuality (although that may very well be because of the elite sides involved). I'm also seeing some lovely CPU goals, cannot notice that much too overboard CPU scripting. Shooting seems enjoyable, keepers stable, graphics and atmosphere excellent. Overall, I have been very pleasantly surprised.

Then you see the reviews, that in the majority of cases PES is receiving 8/9 out of 10 and FIFA has been PANNED this year. I cannot understand this. FIFA really does feel like quite a modern PES5 or something.

So...is the outcry because FIFA has gone more sim and therefore pissing the noobs off and PES more arcade thus picking up more favourable reviews (which would be bad as I consider myself a PES hardcore)?

Also is there any huge differences between this FIFA demo I'm playing and retail version?

I here the gameplay in PES too is pretty good, but there are certain game breakers that I have been made aware of, and I'm not sure I can put up with a year of the keepers being mongfests and CPU scoring being samey ie low shot into corner.

Any feedback would be welcome. I for one cannot believe there is no Europe PES demo. This is just...shocking. I understand we're a fair way from release, but Jesus. I'm also unwilling to be shelling out 100 bucks each year to get both games.

In a nutshell FIFA is a better game all round, it's slightly different to the demo bit the bad bits can be fixed mostly with sliders. PES my club which includes a limited exhibition mode can be downloaded for free on PS4

Ive re-bought this and sold PES.

My mates got PS4 for Xmas and got Fifa so thats the main reason I sold PES and bought this back.

Im too addicted to Star Wars Battlefront to play football games at the moment so ill be playing Fifa casually with mates and not noticing the flaws.

playing Fifa casually with mates and not noticing the flaws.

that may be the key - to all games. Working full time loads of hours and family time I'm lucky if I can get two to three games in per day..I'm sure if I had loads of time and played it hours on end id spot more flaws.

that may be the key - to all games. Working full time loads of hours and family time I'm lucky if I can get two to three games in per day..I'm sure if I had loads of time and played it hours on end id spot more flaws.

Very well said!
That´s exactly the thing with me.
I can get to play like 3 times a week, sometimes less, sometimes more.

Like P34SEMM I play Battlefront more at the moment instead of FIFA.
I really enjoy that Star Wars flavour on that one.

Anyways I´m happy to continue my CM.
I gave up on FUT now.

Since I reached division 3, all matches have been annoying and I was playing against hardcore pressure zig zag dribbling pricks only.
Even on FUT forums users give hints to put up pressure on custom tactics up to the max as everyone is playing that way in the higher divisions.
That´s not what football means to me, as I never concede goals where I would say "Oh , nice combination, well played!".
It´s rather like "F*** you, dribble whore!"....lol.
In division 10 - 6 there were a lot more enjoyable matches than it is now.

I took a break from it and played online seasons with bayern munich in division 10 which was a whole lot different experience.
But when I reached div 9, I met the next zig zag dribble punk and gave it up.

Actually I like the FUT system. Building up a team, taking care of chemistry, being able to trade with apps outside of the game.
It´s a nice mode for casual gamers and the ones who wanna pay real money.
It´s just a pity that this mode gets destroyed by that zig zag dribble scripting and people who use that.
I was thinking of playing it offline only...don´t know...maybe gonna give it a shot.

btw,
on new years eve we had a big family meeting at my dad´s place.
My brother fired up FIFA 16 on his PS4 and we played some 2 vs 2´s.
Played with my 16 year old junior (who´s more into CoD actually) against my bro and a 16 year old cousin.
We had a lot of fun until that other teenie boy started to zig zag run after we scored, which nearly made me wanna slap him.

When I tried to lecture him to play fair, he was like "naahh, that´s skill, I got skill, I got skill!".
Thx god we managed to defend, otherwise it would have been hard to hold myself back from....

And that´s the kids you mostly play against in FUT.

Does anyone know anything about catalogue items missing and what not? Have serious problems with items not showing. If anyone could please let me know if there is a solution to this. Thanks. Jaygrim let me have the new puma yellow and the two new adidas boots.

EA completely rip off the beautiful manual shot system of previous Fifa. Not only the shots variety is lessened by a mile, but every player kicks bomb from everywhere. I'm quite shocked nobody underline this, cause it's a huge step back. Now it's pretty much like Pes shot system.

I was always arguing when people said "in FIFA every team plays the same" and claimed that this isn´t true.

But I guess that´s right when you play a harder difficulty than professional.
I play my CM on professional as I always pick up a lower team from a 2nd divison (TSV 1860 Munich in my case) and build it up and bring it up to the 1st.
The difficulty is right there as the players are weaker (values average around 65), but the stronger the team gets, the easier the games get and then it´s time to adjust the difficulty.
That´s what I´ve been experiencing with FIFA 15, so I guess it´s surely the same in 16 as well. Been playing with vanilla sliders until I set it up to worldclass and adjusted them there then.

Now, a couple of days ago I fired up FUT again but played an offline season.
I wanted to play with that team but FUT online became a no-go for me.
Had a couple of games on professional and then there were those world class matches and they really felt the same.
Means, I´m agreeing on this one now.
AI was hardcore passing around - almost tiki taka style.

So I guess vanilla sliders on professional seem to be okay for me but once I switch to world class I´ll have to use sliders then.

Back
Top Bottom