FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Got to say, I played last night with Matt's sliders on World Class (slightly adjusted to suit 8 minute matches), and had a blast. Really good experience.

I tried Legendary afterwards and the passing was too quick and perfect, and altering the passing sliders to try and fix it doesn't really fix it (playing against Norwich on Legendary was ridiculous, whereas on World Class they were playing like a competent Premier League team, and it was enjoyable).

But, the "loose ball" thing... Yeah, I saw that at least twice a game on average.

:APPLAUD:
Got to say, I played last night with Matt's sliders on World Class (slightly adjusted to suit 8 minute matches), and had a blast. Really good experience.

I tried Legendary afterwards and the passing was too quick and perfect, and altering the passing sliders to try and fix it doesn't really fix it (playing against Norwich on Legendary was ridiculous, whereas on World Class they were playing like a competent Premier League team, and it was enjoyable).

But, the "loose ball" thing... Yeah, I saw that at least twice a game on average.
I'm playing the "M" set on Leg,15 min.
Using 60/65 in FTC error,and 55/55 in shooting error as only adjustments to original set..
Works great for me
Pass % for Man U (played as Hull away) 86-78
Shot count ok aswell

Sigh, I might need to delve into sliders. I was really enjoying the game on Legendary with everything except injuries at default, but this patch has killed the game for me.

I'm not sure I'd say the AI is "fine" when fullbacks have no idea how to play their position correctly. Or CDMs. Or much of the backline in many instances. Or that your AI teammates have no idea how to press as a team. Or that the tactical depth and variety isn't much better than what you'd see on the schoolyard.

If we're being honest, the AI remains quite a bit below the quality of much of the rest of the game, which isn't anything new with FIFA.

This isn't to say it isn't exciting, or even fun, because I have had some thrilling matches since the recent patch, but it's definitely regressed back toward FIFA 15 in many ways. After FIFA 16 feeling like a breath of fresh air for those of us who like realism, this caving-in to the FUT/online crowd is a bit worrisome for FIFA 17.

which slight adjustments do you use mate?

I'm on mixed semi and manual

Upped pass error and ft to high sixties for AI
Reduced mine to 52 for passing
Increased ai marking to 75
Pass speed 42
Powerbar 52
Full backs 0

Rest I think as is

Plays very well. .I still see a few wild runs from defensive players but that may be my custom tactic ..
Anyway seeing tough balanced games with fouls

Any well known CM mode bugs out there this year?

I'm gonna start one very soon and was wanting to know what they are, if any. Because in some of the previous editions, there were certain changes that were not 'recommended' mid-game such as formation edits, etc. I forget exactly what now... but one would often result in a crash later on in career mode.

Would appreciate anyone enlightening me so I can prevent such things since I've barely played CM mode this year but intend to have a long-term one soon.

I'm on mixed semi and manual

Upped pass error and ft to high sixties for AI

Reduced mine to 52 for passing

Increased ai marking to 75

Pass speed 42

Powerbar 52

Full backs 0

Rest I think as is

Plays very well. .I still see a few wild runs from defensive players but that may be my custom tactic ..

Anyway seeing tough balanced games with fouls

Thx.

Any well known CM mode bugs out there this year?

I'm gonna start one very soon and was wanting to know what they are, if any. Because in some of the previous editions, there were certain changes that were not 'recommended' mid-game such as formation edits, etc. I forget exactly what now... but one would often result in a crash later on in career mode.

Would appreciate anyone enlightening me so I can prevent such things since I've barely played CM mode this year but intend to have a long-term one soon.

The main one that's still there is when you're trying to sign someone on a Bosman, during those negotiations they can also sign for another team on a purchased transfer (or vice versa, ie you're trying to sign a player on the cheap because they have <6 months left on their contract and whilst you're agreeing purchase amount and/or wages another team approaches the player directly) so you have to save a lot and make sure when you sign someone they haven't already signed for another team, often when you're waiting for them to accept the contract you need to keep reloading to stop some AI team from approaching them, unfortunately as soon as you get word that another team has approached them 99% of the time they already agreed terms instantly, more shitty EA programming.

Np ..it's based on matts work really I think his sliders have found that balance the other things are down to personal preference. Eg 40 passing was a little too slow for my liking 42 was the sweet spot..also I may knock up passing error by one for AI. .mainly enjoying the game though sitting 8th in prem league..oh and tputting injuries up also makes the game more immersive forces you to use reserves. .on 50/50 I was seeing very little injuries

What difficulty are you playing with?
I use professional and don´t have no issues so far i.e. no annoying CPU playing.

I also haven´t experienced that "loose ball" thing some peeps were talking about.

Offline is an absolute joy to me...I almost have nothing to complain.
Sounds interesting..
On professional, which slides are you using?
Thanks

Last edited:
Well trainer is off, automatic select is "ball in the air" (translated from german as I don´t know what the exact naming in the english version is).
Analog sprint is off.
Auto Select Movement support is off.

To my shame, all settings are with help/automatic except for crosses and saves which are semi.

Passbar support is off.

Never tried manual on FIFA yet as I didn´t feel the need to.
I´m gonna check on semi throughballs or shots maybe...these are also supported still.

New patch has made the game more playable for me, seems a lot more balanced, especially when defending. Still don't think it's as good as the demo though and can't seem to play it for long periods of time.
This is mostly due to the positional sense of my players....for the life of me I can't work out what my full backs are doing, and seeing Eric Dier sprint off down the middle of the pitch past my AMC ST and both wingers makes me want to punch somebody.
What I don't understand is that these must be relatively simple things to sort out, Winning Eleven 7 didn't have these problems, how long ago was that?
Sort out the positioning, and exaggerate the tactical side of the game and I'll be a happy camper.

New patch has made the game more playable for me, seems a lot more balanced, especially when defending. Still don't think it's as good as the demo though and can't seem to play it for long periods of time.
This is mostly due to the positional sense of my players....for the life of me I can't work out what my full backs are doing, and seeing Eric Dier sprint off down the middle of the pitch past my AMC ST and both wingers makes me want to punch somebody.
What I don't understand is that these must be relatively simple things to sort out, Winning Eleven 7 didn't have these problems, how long ago was that?
Sort out the positioning, and exaggerate the tactical side of the game and I'll be a happy camper.

These are tools the EA uses to influence scores.

When the script/momentum/Fifaids kicks in, Your fullbacks disappear, Your cdm is out of position and your centre backs move away from each other to open up passing lanes for the opponent.

Any loose ball goes to the opponent, Your strikers block your own shots and any tackle you win will result in a throw in for the other team

If they removed that or had hidden it, Then good players would have the freedom to control the game and the other kids won't get a sniff thus driving them away from the game.

I remember in Winning eleven 7 every user had a different approach, Some played defensively, Some had a player who scored long ranged goals or others would just go for pure pace. Individual players shined with their strengths and weaknesses.
We had the freedom despite the limitations of the technology.

When I go on you tube and check out the top 10 goals of FIFA15 or 16 I just laugh at how boring the game is. A sad reality

The main one that's still there is when you're trying to sign someone on a Bosman, during those negotiations they can also sign for another team on a purchased transfer (or vice versa, ie you're trying to sign a player on the cheap because they have <6 months left on their contract and whilst you're agreeing purchase amount and/or wages another team approaches the player directly) so you have to save a lot and make sure when you sign someone they haven't already signed for another team, often when you're waiting for them to accept the contract you need to keep reloading to stop some AI team from approaching them, unfortunately as soon as you get word that another team has approached them 99% of the time they already agreed terms instantly, more shitty EA programming.

Thanks!

So if I understand correctly, this isn't a bug that causes a crash or something like that right? It's simply shitty in the sense that you may get screwed by AI and not get the player you were supposed to sign?

p.s. Remember how I think in the previous version, if you went to edit mode in general menu and changed some attributes/lineups, then it would cause problems in your saved career mode leading to crashes? Or something like that, my memory is sketchy. I'm wanting to know if problems like that still exist?

These are tools the EA uses to influence scores.

When the script/momentum/Fifaids kicks in, Your fullbacks disappear, Your cdm is out of position and your centre backs move away from each other to open up passing lanes for the opponent.

Any loose ball goes to the opponent, Your strikers block your own shots and any tackle you win will result in a throw in for the other team

If they removed that or had hidden it, Then good players would have the freedom to control the game and the other kids won't get a sniff thus driving them away from the game.

I remember in Winning eleven 7 every user had a different approach, Some played defensively, Some had a player who scored long ranged goals or others would just go for pure pace. Individual players shined with their strengths and weaknesses.
We had the freedom despite the limitations of the technology.

When I go on you tube and check out the top 10 goals of FIFA15 or 16 I just laugh at how boring the game is. A sad reality
Although there are a few positioning issues which can be improved with sliders the rest is absolute rubbish ..the game is anything but boring ..Is your verdict based on a lengthy playtest or just by watching youtube videos

Those goals are boring yeah, but the game isn´t.

Most of those goals are made of hardcore trick-dribbling which is painful to watch for me.

But it depends who is playing what style.

When I play CM or FUT, then this game is anything else but boring.
Specially my CM, I friggin enjoy it!

I´m in the 2nd season, took my team from the 2nd to the 1st Bundesliga and taking part in the EL now.
As I´m the national coach of Peru, the last games I played were two matches of WC qualifiers and those were so different in gameplay and atmosphere.

These days I even enjoy FUT. The last patch was necessary, even there is still room for improvement.

What you said about scripting/momentum...I gotta agree with you on this one.
That´s exactly what I feel too and I´m not the only one.

I understand that my players Benzema, Iniesta, James, Bale etc can´t have perfect shots, passes or positioning all the time.

And it happens in real life too when a weaker team or an underdog beats a stronger team.

But when you have chance after chance, hit the post or bar 5 times in a game, your players keep blocking your shots, your passing starts to suck permanently, but your opponent uses every chance he gets then that´s way too much.

These type of games might happen for real too.

But when this happens every 2nd or 3rd match then that´s too exagerrated.
I´m talking about online FUT here though.
In my CM I hardly notice any momentum.
But this and the zig zag dribble through my defenders (which seem to have been toned down with the latest patch) are the most important things I have to criticise about.

Np ..it's based on matts work really I think his sliders have found that balance the other things are down to personal preference. Eg 40 passing was a little too slow for my liking 42 was the sweet spot..also I may knock up passing error by one for AI. .mainly enjoying the game though sitting 8th in prem league..oh and tputting injuries up also makes the game more immersive forces you to use reserves. .on 50/50 I was seeing very little injuries

Thanks for the feedback and trying them out. I personally still love that set because of the variety of play and just felt more like the real game. Lately, we have been exploring more traditional set ups, but I feel we're limiting some things.

The issue with the Set M (ironically called M for midfield) was that the defensive midfielders would push up too far, and the CPU would bypass very easily. I do need to look at this again though, because matches like the one below were very promising, and I can see why others enjoyed it:

(ignore the blunder of me forgetting to hit pause on the first match)

(Mic'd up, live)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5d3a_GDn6A

Thanks for the feedback and trying them out. I personally still love that set because of the variety of play and just felt more like the real game. Lately, we have been exploring more traditional set ups, but I feel we're limiting some things.

The issue with the Set M (ironically called M for midfield) was that the defensive midfielders would push up too far, and the CPU would bypass very easily. I do need to look at this again though, because matches like the one below were very promising, and I can see why others enjoyed it:

(ignore the blunder of me forgetting to hit pause on the first match)

(Mic'd up, live)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5d3a_GDn6A

I'm seeing that as Liverpool in CM ..lucas is pushing too far up as a DM ..any ideas Matt? Also turning off high auto move or whatever its called in settings has certainly seemed to help players switching off on loose balls

I'm seeing that as Liverpool in CM ..lucas is pushing too far up as a DM ..any ideas Matt? Also turning off high auto move or whatever its called in settings has certainly seemed to help players switching off on loose balls

Yeah, I adjusted a bit earlier today since finding out that like FIFA 15, a higher Sprint setting seems to be tied into a reaction slider of sorts.

Here is a match I played with the following:

15 mins, WC, Slow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI4nAZ61lBY

Sprint 52/51
Accel 48/49
Shot Error 55/55
Pass Error 62/62
Shot SPeed 52/52
Pass SPeed 35/25
Inj 75/75
INj 35/35
GK 10/10
Marking 75/75
Run Freq 20/20
Height 60/60
Length 62/63
Width 55/55
FB 20/20
FT 65/65

Thanks!

So if I understand correctly, this isn't a bug that causes a crash or something like that right? It's simply shitty in the sense that you may get screwed by AI and not get the player you were supposed to sign?

p.s. Remember how I think in the previous version, if you went to edit mode in general menu and changed some attributes/lineups, then it would cause problems in your saved career mode leading to crashes? Or something like that, my memory is sketchy. I'm wanting to know if problems like that still exist?

PLF,

Those crashes appear to be gone. And no more players with names or positions of "ASDFASDF!@#!#$SAFSDF#@$@SA" either that eventually lead to a crash. No more invisible substitute players, or freezing/crashing with substitutions. Overall, FIFA 16 is very stable compared to previous versions.

The CM bug mentioned is that it is possible to agree to transfer a player on a Bosman transfer (sign them on a free transfer when their contract expires) but then not actually get the player because another team "buys" the player from the original team before the contract runs out. It doesn't seem to be terribly common, and you can avoid it by reloading saves during the winter transfer period when you detect it, but I can see it being annoying. The one time it happened to me, I just pretended there was some transfer monkey business going on (as it happens it real life on occasion) and my club was "fined" as a result (meaning I had to pay the wages as a "fine") and just kept my franchise going. Didn't seem to have any nasty long term affects... although I started a second CM with a much smaller club not terrible long after for a greater challenge so I can't say for certain.

Yeah, I adjusted a bit earlier today since finding out that like FIFA 15, a higher Sprint setting seems to be tied into a reaction slider of sorts.

Here is a match I played with the following:

15 mins, WC, Slow

Sprint 52/51
Accel 48/49
Shot Error 55/55
Pass Error 62/62
Shot SPeed 52/52
Pass SPeed 35/25
Inj 75/75
INj 35/35
GK 10/10
Marking 75/75
Run Freq 20/20
Height 60/60
Length 62/63
Width 55/55
FB 20/20
FT 65/65

Matt i have noticed that if i lower the defensive height to around 30-35 and set my CDM to not attack he does stay more in position and rarely ventures past the halfway line

Matt i have noticed that if i lower the defensive height to around 30-35 and set my CDM to not attack he does stay more in position and rarely ventures past the halfway line

Yeah, that definitely works. It gives the teams room to breathe. The issue with it that low (below 50) is that the defensive line will drop back too far like PES14-16.

I actually worked on some higher sprint sliders last night and early this morning. I think going forward it is the way to go. Here is what I posted on OS after testing:

The advantages of Higher Sprint

- Better teammate AI
- Better reactions to loose ball
- Responsiveness increase
- Player's weight, inertia and momentum can be felt
- Better marking positioning
- Legacy players can shoulder barge with super-cancel
- User defenders are much more physical
- Air Ball physics are much more realistic

Try them out if you'd like, but for those that watch my stream, you know I never play more than 2 matches. Tonight, i played 6 total...maybe more, it's late...but seriously - so much fun. Sprint doesn't make it crazy twitchy, it smooths out the animation as if when we played on Normal Speed without the twitchy animations.

Higher Sprint Set
10-15 Mins, World Class//Legendary
Legacy/Tactical Defending

Sprint 52/51 - creates an advantage for the user against the already advantaged CPU.
Accel 49/49 - on 48 accel it was still easy to burst past players.
Shot Error 55/55 - personal preference, but shot error has always helped shot variety.
Pass Error 65/65 - key to getting realistic passing stats and overall humanizing of the CPU without making them a threat.
Shot Speed 52/52 - any lower and backward save animation starts to occur.
Pass Speed 35/25 - CPU pass speed under 30 is a perfect compliment to the pass error. Also crosses and air ball physics at lower speeds are some of the best they have ever been.
Injur Freq 75/75, - Orion's suggestion, perfect.
Ijury Severity 35/35, - Orion's suggestion, perfecto.
GK Ability 10/10, - personal preference, but keepers can make saves - but not catch bullet shots. Great animations.
Marking 60/60, - Perfect for the amount of pressure through the pitch withoutany, or very little, defensive ADD. Sprint holds a true compliment in this set up.
Run Frequency 20/20, - still works great to get a good amount of variety and runs off the ball without it feeling like "charge!" all-out attack.
Height 65/65, - Essential to have the defensive line step to the attackers.
Length 52/53, - Keeps the pitch's shape to compress and decompress when necessary. Proper positioning behind the ball as well, Sprint helps both ways here.
Width 70/70, - best set up to have the FB still tucked in but not completely taking over the CB's role.
FB 40/40, - allows the outside backs to step up with the height, but not so much that they completely leave the gaps wide open (unless specified by team tactics)
FT 60/60 - Best set up for bad touches and hesitation by CPU. Works well with CPU's min pass speed of 25 (driven passes equivalent to 40 pass speed).

Yeah, that definitely works. It gives the teams room to breathe. The issue with it that low (below 50) is that the defensive line will drop back too far like PES14-16.

I actually worked on some higher sprint sliders last night and early this morning. I think going forward it is the way to go. Here is what I posted on OS after testing:

FYI, i am streaming, and stream daily, some FIFA now with adjusted sliders. A variation of the Higher Sprint set right now:

http://www.twitch.tv/matt10l

PLF,

Those crashes appear to be gone. And no more players with names or positions of "ASDFASDF!@#!#$SAFSDF#@$@SA" either that eventually lead to a crash. No more invisible substitute players, or freezing/crashing with substitutions. Overall, FIFA 16 is very stable compared to previous versions.

Thank you, that's exactly what I was hoping to hear!

Back
Top Bottom