FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

It uninstalled and played the classico game at the start and it was normal, then I switched to legacy defending and it seemed to go faster. Very odd

It uninstalled and played the classico game at the start and it was normal, then I switched to legacy defending and it seemed to go faster. Very odd

What do you mean by "faster?" "Cause one reason I don't really like Legacy defending is because it makes the game play at a bit more frantic of a pace for me.

This isn't the game playing differently, but because with legacy defending I tend to press more and rush around a bit more, it just all feels faster.

In terms of player movement, how fast they run, how quick they turn, pre-patch for ,e was perfect foot planting and weighty feel to the players, they just feel lighter and faster to control, I'm installing the demo again to confirm, it's definitely not right

Oh crap don't tell me this. I'm still playing the ea access trial on Xbox one but have already bought a physical copy of the game. Luckily it is still unopened. Will wait and see

Anyone with the game on PS4 willing to do a "game share" session so I can play on the PS4 and see if the AI plays differently?

On the Xbox One it's definitely changed with the latest patch. Proof in the pudding is that I'm now seeing the AI refusing to shoot unless they can pass it into the net (on Legendary), which I last saw in FIFA 15 and hoped to never see it again.

As per usual the game is starting grate with super human AI turning ability, I hit the post or bar 1-3 times a game,some atrocious scripting with tackles (either you become invisible or it pings off to the opposition for them to score or shoot) Time to go online I think as CM, is a bit of a slog!

Here I am mate, what to do exact, no experiences with shareplay?
Thanks Kije!

EDIT: Wow. Same gameplay as the previous patches on PS4. Totally different on Xbox One in terms of the Legendary AI. No more holding the ball up and cross-field balls.

@Chris

I tried it now on Xbox One (also the opinion of my son) and it is the same game play as on PS4.

Seems to have a bug on your installation somewhere...

@Chris

I tried it now on Xbox One (also the opinion of my son) and it is the same game play as on PS4.

Seems to have a bug on your installation somewhere...
After the "ghost sliders" incident, I do wonder if it's something to do with the install - but I've done a clean install on a different Xbox and had the same thing (although it's attempted to download previous profile data, maybe it's related to that).

Black-and-white difference, though - I'll put some videos up tomorrow to show how the CPU just pump the ball forward with no pass error.

Anybody remember the old EA Forums? Way back in 2009. Has it been archived?

Last edited:
Just wanted to say I'm still having a blast with this game. Fucking love it. Best football game for many years.

Normally the post-release malaise sets in about now where FIFA becomes a monotonous bore, but this game feels fresh every time I play.

I just don't understand why it's not receiving more plaudits.

As per usual the game is starting grate with super human AI turning ability, I hit the post or bar 1-3 times a game,some atrocious scripting with tackles (either you become invisible or it pings off to the opposition for them to score or shoot) Time to go online I think as CM, is a bit of a slog!

This! So sick of the CPU just running straight through you to steal the ball. Playing as QPR, and Austin with 81 strength can't shield the ball even if his life depended on it.

A friend of mine posted the following video on Italian forum (Legend difficulty - PS4)
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/eC4 Non Idoneo/video/11613906
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/eC4 Non Idoneo/video/11613907
The human controlled player is walking and CPU does not press..
Does anyone have the same problem?
It seems a severe issue offline.
Posting one video as an example of something wrong with the game is meaningless. Sorry but it's true and people need to stop with stuff like this unless they've tested the game extensively. CPU pressing is entirely dependent on many factors, all of which are different depending on the teams you play (CPU team defensive pressing and aggression slider settings; team league and tier); the players you are playing against (CPU player aggression ratings); the mode you play in, AI boosts kicking in, etc.

Funny, I just tested this not 20 minutes ago. My lower tier CPU test team was applying lots of pressure from the start of games, even after I lowered their players' aggression ratings to 1. Today I lowered that team's defensive aggression and pressure to 1, and presto: no more pressing at all, zero, none, to the point where I can now run around their defenders without their moving to stop me.

This game is far from broken, the problem is it works too good!

Right.

I uninstalled the game again and removed all my save data.

I recorded a video of the game WITHOUT the patch, and WITH the patch. I deleted all FIFA data before game 1 and game 2 to avoid data contamination of any kind.

I used the same parameters for both - Xbox One, Legendary AI, 8 min halves, slow, default sliders, I'm Liverpool, the AI is Manchester City, the match is played in "autumn" at "8pm", and I used the lighter Nike ball. Both on co-op camera for a better view of the pitch. I use assisted passing and shooting, manual through-passes.

Both videos cover about 35 minutes of the first half.

They're completely different, IMO, but now you can observe the two and see. This says to me the patches have done more than EA are letting on.

It would seem the patch is definitely a good thing - either that or deleting all of my data from "the cloud" fixed my previous issues somehow...

NO-PATCH GAMEPLAY:
https://youtu.be/TNYqS5ks4HA

1.03 PATCH GAMEPLAY:
https://youtu.be/b_-YrVpo-P0

Feedback please!

From my point of view:

* The NO PATCH stats flash up during the game and show 95% pass accuracy for both teams. The PATCH stats (which I show at the end of the video) are in the low-mid 80s.

* I can't get near Man City in the NO PATCH game. In the PATCH game, I dominate and it feels way too easy (but not frustrating). How can this be when both games are on the same difficulty setting?

Last edited:
Chris, I don't want to say you're seeing things, because there were clear differences between the two matches, but I really don't think the core gameplay is any different - imo it's just two different matches that are equally possible to have both pre and post patch in my experience.

And while you certainly had some better results in the patched game, I wouldn't say you dominated - the match stats show that Man City had more possession and more tackles. And the pass acc stats are NOT in the mid-low 80s - Man City had 88% pass acc! The difference between 88% and 95% ain't much considering you only showed us stats after 35 min and not an entire match.

My experience with this game, both pre and post patch, is that you can have wildly different types of matches and it's entirely unpredictable what you're going to get - I've played matches that felt comfortable against high ranked teams and I've played extremely difficult, stressful matches against lower ranked teams.

I don't think you can play just two matches and compare. Now if you played 10+ games of each pre and post patch, and there were very clear trends, then that'd be something to hang your hat on.

So the question for me would be if you repeated that post patch match 10+ times, would they all be like that second video?

Just wanted to say I'm still having a blast with this game. Fucking love it. Best football game for many years.

Normally the post-release malaise sets in about now where FIFA becomes a monotonous bore, but this game feels fresh every time I play.

I just don't understand why it's not receiving more plaudits.

I concur. Aside from frustrations at times with defending against the CPU and wishing a bit more in terms of tactical depth and variety, this is about as much as I could wish for from EA considering where this game is coming from.

As for the plaudits, I think it's probably because it's not near as pick-up-and-play as previous titles, while at the same time it doesn't look that much different of a game on the surface. Hell, I've played way more FIFA over the years than I care to admit but it's taken me quite some time to get into a groove with FIFA 16.

I have never experienced Goalkeepers as overpowered as they are in this game. It's ruined my enjoyment for today.

Some of the animations for the saves they make also seem to happen at double speed, which implies to me that there is some sort of underlying issue there.

And while you certainly had some better results in the patched game, I wouldn't say you dominated - the match stats show that Man City had more possession and more tackles. And the pass acc stats are NOT in the mid-low 80s - Man City had 88% pass acc! The difference between 88% and 95% ain't much considering you only showed us stats after 35 min and not an entire match.
By "dominating", I mean - well, there's a clear difference between the two. In the first match, I can't take the ball off Man City and I have to wait for them to give it back, essentially, and I can't dribble around their players without them pressuring me slightly and winning it constantly.

In match two, you can see them standing off me, and - honestly - letting me past them. I even managed a few good passing moves and a few shots.

That experience carries over into the other games (four so far) - I don't feel anywhere near as under-pressure or, admittedly, cheated, as pre-patch.

But then a couple of nights ago, with the patch, I had a consistently terrible experience post-patch, with teams not passing around but just passing forward (without me being able to intercept), so... In all honesty, I can't explain it.

But my experience with most matches now tallies with video two, there (which is my preference).

Well Chris I don't know what to tell you but you've inspired me to delete my FIFA data and reinstall. I'm on PS4 though. (Also mine says I"m deleting version 1.02 - does Xbox have an extra patch that we don't?)

But if your experiences are consistently like that post patch video, that's interesting. I'd probably say that most of my matches, both pre and post patch, when up against really good opposition is more like your pre patch video.

My experience has been that pre and post patch plays the same. I'll see if that changes with a reinstall. You aren't the only one out there saying the post patch version plays better for you so...

My experience has been that pre and post patch plays the same. I'll see if that changes with a reinstall. You aren't the only one out there saying the post patch version plays better for you so...
I've experienced no big changes until the last patch, but based on what others have said, I did a reinstall to see what happened. Initially, it was FAR WORSE - and again, it was a black-and-white difference, unmistakable. Much faster, with the CPU trying to walk the ball in (it would constantly do perfect ping-pong passing around the box waiting for the pass that resulted in a tap-in, FIFA 15 style).

I played until 4am, game after game after game, and they all played that same way.

Since I deleted all the save data and reinstalled again completely fresh, the matches have been consistently like video two above.

I can't explain it, and I'm the first one to call "placebo", but it was obvious to me (and hopefully the videos above show a clear difference - game one I was frustrated, hounded, it wasn't fun, whereas game two was much less pressured).

I have never experienced Goalkeepers as overpowered as they are in this game. It's ruined my enjoyment for today.

Some of the animations for the saves they make also seem to happen at double speed, which implies to me that there is some sort of underlying issue there.

True. I usually lower GK to 20. In FIFA16 I had to lower it to 10.
I am playing League 2 CM, legendary.
When it was at 50, matches would usually end 0:0 or 1:0.

Was reading in another forum that is the sliders when adjusted for the cpu that effect their playing styles and negate custom tactics etc so it's best to have the cpu sliders as close to 50 as possible.

Have given it a try, I think the guy might have a point, I've set the cpu to 50 across the board and variation of play seems improved.

Back
Top Bottom