FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Was it ever mentioned why previous transfer values are totally wrong ingame?

I started a career mode with Arsenal and in the news tab the game says that Petr Cech switched to Arsenal for 33.000.000 € (real world: 14.000.000 €) and Tevez switched for 46.500.000 € to Boca (real world: 6.500.000 €). Di Maria ingame 47.000.000 € (real world: 63.000.000 €).

That's a massive difference! Why? :CONFUSE:

Last edited:
Probably because they've half arsed career mode again and they've never bothered trying to make the financial side realistic?

Is it possible those amounts weren't 100% accurately known at the time of going to press? 99% of transfers these days seem to be for "undisclosed fee".

Is it possible in the grand scheme of things it's not very important? I see the same stuff with Sheffield Wednesday, someone we signed on a free it says we paid £2,000,000 for, do I care? Naaah not really, I care more they haven't fixed the bug that a player can sign for two teams at the same time....

I think they're just tied to the in game values so they probably go off player value? Maybe if they went for the actual amount players would expect to see more moves at the same values but they never will.

Is it possible those amounts weren't 100% accurately known at the time of going to press? 99% of transfers these days seem to be for "undisclosed fee".

Is it possible in the grand scheme of things it's not very important? I see the same stuff with Sheffield Wednesday, someone we signed on a free it says we paid £2,000,000 for, do I care? Naaah not really, I care more they haven't fixed the bug that a player can sign for two teams at the same time....
Well, I just noticed, it doesn't change my feelings with CM as I play without transfers anyway.

About your undisclosed fee statement. Yes but 40.000.000 € difference on Tevez is "a bit" too much :D How on earth Tevez in that age has a value of 46.500.000 €.

About your undisclosed fee statement. Yes but 40.000.000 € difference on Tevez is "a bit" too much :D How on earth Tevez in that age has a value of 46.500.000 €.

True! Guess it's all made worse because they talk about the same transfers all the time, at least on the PC it can be disabled (I'm guessing) :)

The AI love trolling. They show intention of moving into a space & as you play them a perfect pass they decide to stop running or run in another direction, its another thing that kills variation like not playing advantage from foul & offside's. Hope next year they fix some of the simple flaws that have been in the game for some time. Another one is GK never dive for ball when shot is off target, even if it is by an inch.

Whilst on the bus I was reading through some recent posts - just catching up. I just laugh at the stuff you read on these forums where people convince themselves that x, y and z impact the game in a tangible way.
"If I turn on the TV with the remote in my left hand, the offline gameplay feels exactly like it does online. If I use generic brand batteries in my controller, the AI plays amazing football."

Come on lol. Hence my snake oil comment.

Was it ever mentioned why previous transfer values are totally wrong ingame?

I started a career mode with Arsenal and in the news tab the game says that Petr Cech switched to Arsenal for 33.000.000 € (real world: 14.000.000 €) and Tevez switched for 46.500.000 € to Boca (real world: 6.500.000 €). Di Maria ingame 47.000.000 € (real world: 63.000.000 €).

That's a massive difference! Why? :CONFUSE:

Some mistake I guess but transfers work fine for me. PSG bought Ronaldo for 99.000.000 € and Benzema for 62.000.000 €. I sold Busquets for 60.000.000 € to Liverpool and Pique for 52.000.000 € to Chelsea, then bought Pogba for 90.000.000 €. Real Madrid bought Sturridge for 64.000.000 € after sold Benzema. MU bought Verratti for 58.000.000 €. It looks OK.

Yesterday i'v won the Bundesliga in Tournament Mode with Bayern on Legendary with default sliders, 7 min per half.68:24 Goals, 75 Points(4-2-2-2 is awesome against the CPU, you can play any kind of football). This team is so strong, huge difference to arsenal, especially on the defensive end.

Difference to FIFA 15:
-I could play all 34 games, in Fifa 15 there was a bug which ended the season after 32 games (Serie A and BBVA: 37 Games). This was never patched.
-Finally a great celebration after winning the title, that was really cool.

A troll? I've been here for a long time. You can review my posts and make up your own mind.

I reviewed the one snake oil post,it was also misinterpreted by someone else.You threw that post into the ring with veiled pointing at other members.

I did make up my own mind thanks.

I have also been here a long time,thats not really relevant.

Onwards & upwards.

Sorry, didn't mean to start anything - I was just trying to say, if I see something weird, I always assume it's placebo at first, hence the videos which show a clear difference IMO (didn't see anything change from version 1.00 to version 1.02, and now version 1.03 is the same - whether that's because of the wiping of my save data, I don't know, but either way, I'm a happy bunny again)!

Yesterday i'v won the Bundesliga in Tournament Mode with Bayern on Legendary with default sliders, 7 min per half.68:24 Goals, 75 Points(4-2-2-2 is awesome against the CPU, you can play any kind of football). This team is so strong, huge difference to arsenal, especially on the defensive end.

Difference to FIFA 15:
-I could play all 34 games, in Fifa 15 there was a bug which ended the season after 32 games (Serie A and BBVA: 37 Games). This was never patched.
-Finally a great celebration after winning the title, that was really cool.

Does anyone know if Tournament mode plays much different from CM?

I ask because I was playing Tournament mode with Fernebahce and I was absolutely loving the game. Finished second in the league with very realistic results in terms of goals for and against relative to last year's Super Lig table.

Then yesterday I started a CM with Bayern - I wanted to see if I could actually dominate the CPU like Bayern would in real life. This is also Legendary with default sliders. It was just about the worst run of games I've had - I think I won one game in six, and it felt like I was chasing shadows. I could barely play out of my own half, the CPU regularly had opportunities for one-time shots at the top of my box, and it constantly exploited my 3 at the back formation with runs down the wing. It was not fun.

It's possible I just played too much of this game yesterday and I was getting sloppy. Or does CM play that much different from Tournament mode?

Sorry, didn't mean to start anything - I was just trying to say, if I see something weird, I always assume it's placebo at first, hence the videos which show a clear difference IMO (didn't see anything change from version 1.00 to version 1.02, and now version 1.03 is the same - whether that's because of the wiping of my save data, I don't know, but either way, I'm a happy bunny again)!

Btw, I did the reinstall yesterday. At first I really thought there might be a difference - at times I thought my games were reminiscent of your post patch video. But the more I played, the more the experience evened-out.

In fact, like I said in my previous post, I have pretty wild swings in quality of experience with this game. Those Bayern CM matches I played last night were fast, and the CPU felt unstoppable; really quite different from my Fenerbahce games.

I don't think different modes provide a great deal of difference in terms of the AI's "determination", if you like. There are a few people on the EA forums who say "don't test using friendly matches because the game doesn't play the same way", but it does, in my experience.

The night where I got patch 1.03 and could have cried, the experience was wildly different to any I've had with 16 up to that point. It wasn't fun, and the evidence for me that something was badly wrong was A) I saw the AI trying to pass the ball into the net, refusing to take a shot unless it was a guaranteed goal, for the first time since I last played FIFA 15, and B) I had two serious injuries in two concurrent matches with the injury slider set to 50 (I maintain that something was wrong with the save data and a previous, custom slider value was being accessed somewhere in the background).

I've experienced matches that were different to the last, but not like I was experiencing on that night, where the CPU was playing like a team of Jesus robots over and over again.

I reviewed the one snake oil post,it was also misinterpreted by someone else.You threw that post into the ring with veiled pointing at other members.

Onwards & upwards.

Actually no I didn't. And I only JUST saw Chris' video. As I already said to Lami (and hopefully you read it too before having a dig at me)...I was on the bus reading through the forum on my phone and the general feeling I got from a couple of different threads is that people were more tinkering than they are enjoying the game.

Definitely not aimed at anyone in particular and especially not Chris, who I told directly that I enjoy his posts. And I actually wrote the snake oil message before getting to the last two pages, which is where he posted the video (which I was not referring to).

Don't worry - I don't make veiled comments. I will tell someone directly what I think.

Onwards & upwards.

Well if you're going to call me a troll, you're implying that I'm here just to stir trouble and leave. I'd like to think I've contributed a lot more discussion than thinly veiled digs at other people. Being lumped in the same category as serial whingers or trolls is rather short sighted.

It's ok fellers. It's nothing but a misunderstanding.

grouphug.gif

Are you people just skipping the training in CM? That is some tiresome crap, even doing it automatically as you still need to go into each drill to configure etc.

Back
Top Bottom