FIFA 15 News & Discussion Thread

Re: Fifa 15: Any info yet?

Aye :( At the very least if I could choose to view the site/store/app in English (it chooses Swedish because of my IP) that would be a start!

Well, Origin is not half bad. You can use it only to dl games and forget about it (you don't have to run it to play games if I remember, but you need to login to Origin from within game to have Achievements/play online).

No big deal.

Went to Origin.com and it automatically sends me to the Swedish portal, language change button at the bottom has only Swedish, have to use a VPN to read the site in English, absolute fucking joke.

Went to Origin.com and it automatically sends me to the Swedish portal, language change button at the bottom has only Swedish, have to use a VPN to read the site in English, absolute fucking joke.

You don't need the English site, you will need the Russian, Indian or Mexican site for Origin as on one of them the game will be £15 before release.

Also Origin isn't that bad, download speeds are really good, auto patches your games and all games cloud save.
It might not be as user friendly as Steam but it is far and beyond better than Uplay.

If you can deal with the shitty U"won't"play,then I don't see orgin being that hard apart from what you mentioned.
You can used it to just download the game and updates then use
Outcome to bypass origin,it even works with BF4 online.

You don't need the English site, you will need the Russian, Indian or Mexican site for Origin as on one of them the game will be £15 before release.

Of course.

However I should be able to view the main website in the language of my choosing from the location of my choosing, as I can with Steam, as I even can with uPlay.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/0/10105257.page#32916619

Placebo PRS said:
So it's 2014 and still when I go to Origin.com it automates to https://www.origin.com/sv-se/store/ and thus displaying in Swedish (I may live here but I don't speak Swedish well enough to view a website in it).

Language button to change the language has a whole single option of, you guessed it, Swedish, what's the point of that?

Where's the button to choose which store front I want to see? Steam allows that, even Uplay allows that, why does Origin still not allow that?

I tried to manually go to https://www.origin.com/en-gb/store/ and it automatically changes back to https://www.origin.com/sv-se/store/

I had to use a VPN with a UK IP to view Origin.com into English, is this something EA find acceptable? Perhaps when it comes to games I'll use an Indian or Russian IP and buy the games for 70% less, is that what you want your customers to do?

Maybe you should learn some swedish, you lazy! :P

Obviously I should, I'm not denying that, I'm a Swedish citizen and don't speak Swedish, however, it still doesn't change the issue at hand in this thread does it now?

I know, just joking, this is really stupid thing, i always hate automatic settings made based on IP. There should always be customizable options.

I know, just joking

I know, don't worry it's EA I'm mad at not you, you're still on my Christmas card list ;)

i always hate automatic settings made based on IP. There should always be customizable options.

Yep absolutely, especially in this day and age where people move around so much.

I've decided to bite the bullet and install Origin again, grabbed a couple of free games (nice touch I'll give them plaudits for that!) :)

Fantastic news! That has made my day and also saved me around £500! (the cost of a PS4 + Fifa + 4 Pads)

I was going to cave in and buy a console if this years game wasn't going to be next gen...

you should anyway to join us on clubs..

i will get fifa 15 for PC if you will play clubs?

Re: Fifa 15: Any info yet?t

That tease suggests that the graphical leap btween generations will be much more notable. That's the minimum that I expect from FIFA 15.

FIFA 14 was good at the bignning but it didn't "catch" me, offline experience was bit boring.

After playing some matchs of the ridiculously frustrating Pes 2014, I got used to it's physics moviment and as soon as I tried to Play world cup DLC I couldn't stand it for 2 min.

I know, don't worry it's EA I'm mad at not you, you're still on my Christmas present list ;)

Thanks, don't need to send anything too expensive, can be some diapers packages. :SMUG:
(Please, baby diapers, noy jay diapers)

Origin is fine piece of software. Less troublesome than the massive, bloated Steam client.

Also with the recent announcement of FIFA 15 on PC, i think it's time for @TheDoctor76 to upgrade his outdated rig.

Bloated Steam client? It takes literally two seconds to load then two clicks to get into a game.

That and installing and downloading games is a breeze at full speed. Origin and Uplay both have awful download speeds.

Seriously? I can't top download speed at Steam most of the times as their servers give up. On Origin I can reach top speed easily. Don't know about uPlay as that is massive shit :LOL:.

But like I said you don't need Origin or Steam running in the background to play games which is a good thing. ;)

Yeah, Steam is fine for me. I must admit every now and then I have log in problems but once it's up and running it's fine for me.

I agree though, DRM with these clients sucks, it was better when they were stand alone. Gotta love those steam sales though haha!

I hear more often now that EA shelved money for UEFA Champions League, Europe League and Copa Libertadores. No surprise as KONAMI Champions League is beyond acceptable joke (what good is a license when you can't have ALL teams licensed from it?! Man Blue anyone? North London?).

At least with EA it would be all right from the very beginning. Sorry PES.

Origin and Uplay both have awful download speeds.
I never tried Uplay but in my experience both Steam and Origin download games at full connection speed (which is around 15Mbps) here.

I hear more often now that EA shelved money for UEFA Champions League

Maybe lost in translation here, to say something is "shelved" means it's been put away and forgotten about as in put on the shelf for storage, for example the movie to tie up the loose ends of Deadwood was shelved a few years ago. Was that what you meant to say?

Well, ok will put it another way: they are willing to buy licenses for the above.

Not lost in translation, just Polish thinking got in a way :LOL:.

Aha! Well I hope they buy all the licenses and integrate them fully into Career Mode, I want to play early Europa league rounds against little teams in grotty stadia I've never heard of before for example!

Back
Top Bottom