FIFA 15 News & Discussion Thread

Rob Hodson @RobHodson_ ·
Certain people are going to be beyond excited. RT @ChuBoi: Some more good #FIFA15 hype coming tmrw too! Stay tuned.

Come on EA add Turkish League(ı know it's not up to EA)

seeing all this today, now it's certain to say pes is buried... and buried deep down.

i'm shocked and amazed by what i have seen today with this new screens, videos and announcements.

hail the new king - fifa 15.

seeing all this today, now it's certain to say pes is buried... and buried deep down.

i'm shocked and amazed by what i have seen today with this new screens, videos and announcements.

unless PES nail the gameplay this year.
all the other stuff is nice but pure cosmetics.

Why do we need these sorts of comments every time. Healthy competition is good for the sports game industry. God forbid we end up like Madden.

Why do we need these sorts of comments every time. Healthy competition is good for the sports game industry. God forbid we end up like Madden.

4382191_orig.png

;)

Anyone else thinks texture detail is lacking? The face scan tech is supposed to capture all the little details yet they don't seem to be there.

Stadiums look incredible.

Anyone else thinks texture detail is lacking? The face scan tech is supposed to capture all the little details yet they don't seem to be there.

I suspect in videos they use mixed footages from old and new engine of the game. Sometimes it looks phenomenal, sometimes terrible. Just the lightning? I hope not.

Yeah each time they showed a real face and the transitioned into the game face, it was a let down. Horrible plastic skin texture and odd colouring with at tine incorrect eye colours.
Really odd.

Looks fine to me too. I can't believe some of the complaints about it tbh. When I was a kid I always remember thinking how great it would be one day to have player likenesses. I used to imagine Ian Rush and Kenny Dalglish being made into virtual players. I think its great. I could easily live without it but I'm not going to complain about a fricking texture missing or the skintone being slightly different. Younger lads today don't know how lucky they are and they complain about little things like this? Unbelievable.

Rumor has it that they also have every La Liga, Bundesliga and Serie A stadium and will have the same level of detail as the PL, but those will be day one free DLC.

Come on mate. I think it's great that FIFA keeps adding these features but to me they keep improving the sizzle and not the quality of the steak.

The majority of the time I (and I assume many others) will notice gameplay, dribbling, AI before I even see a corner flag bend or a goal-line review happen. So when they nail core gameplay, then you can start making those comments. Dribbling is a big one for me and they have shown improvements in the videos but I'd like to try it myself first.

Actually, the biggest gripe I have is the way the CPU plays against you. Side to side slalom skiing? Where the hell did they find that in any real football to copy?

because so far i didn't see any competition. i wrote similar with fifa 14 and i was 100% right. what did pes 2014 offer? nothing but being the worst pes game in this series history. pure disaster.

nothing, zero, nada from konami's side. because they don't have anything that can compete with fifa 15 featueres.

nothing except name and old glory.

am i the only one who think night lighting is not that good compared to superb day lighting??

Those pictures look much better than they did on the video. I'm guessing the difference was the lighting they had when filming the real life faces showed off the richer skin colours. It seems the ugly difference was more poor editing rather than the faces being vastly different in colour/shade. They still seem to have less tone to them but maybe that comes back once they're in the stadiums with multiple light sources?

Still don't understand why they cant get the right eye colour though :/

Last edited:
Those pictures look much better than they did on the video. I'm guessing the difference was the lighting they had when filming the real life faces. seems the ugly difference was more poor editing than the faces being vastly different in colour/shade.

Still don't understand why they cant get the right eye colour though :/

The eye is a portal. It's easy to appreciate why it's the most difficult feature to replicate in a computer game, graphically. But as you say I don't know how they can't get the colour right.

Maybe they're darker on the models so when out on the pitch they don't get washed out by the lighting and appear snake like/really washed out?

No computer game has managed to graphically recreate the human eye to perfection.

Have you played "Beyond"? The last of us also did a great work with Ellie's eyes!

To keep on topic (slightly) in sports games, Nba 2K does a good work with eyes and facial expressions overall.

Have you played "Beyond"? The last of us also did a great work with Ellie's eyes!

To keep on topic (slightly) in sports games, Nba 2K does a good work with eyes and facial expressions overall.

Yeah, Heavy Rain I think was one of the best with the detail of eyes.

Can't wait for F15, now. Only a month and a half to wait.

Saying that, what's this about Creation Centre not being included in Next Gen again?!

Back
Top Bottom