FIFA 13

Have to agree with DagsJT although I only played the demo versions of both games. The nextgen PES series (2008 and so on) never managed to convinced me, but for the first time since PES6 I actually think it's playable, so I guess that says a lot about Konami this year.

Really close between PES and FIFA this year, a brilliant situation for me.

I love the slower speed of PES, the more thoughtful approach, the weight of the players and the inertia.

With FIFA, I love the first touch and it just feels more organic. Balls are pinging all over the place from deflections and it feels a lot less rigid than PES.

I imagine I'll be giving both games some good playing time over the next year :D

Same here loving both games (for different reasons) at the moment, so a good year to be a football fan! Will be buying both no doubt

Really close between PES and FIFA this year, a brilliant situation for me.

I love the slower speed of PES, the more thoughtful approach, the weight of the players and the inertia.

With FIFA, I love the first touch and it just feels more organic. Balls are pinging all over the place from deflections and it feels a lot less rigid than PES.

I imagine I'll be giving both games some good playing time over the next year :D

I have to agree with you, i have only played patched demos on pc but both feel great.

I was preferring PES more but now i'm getting into FIFA. The collisions in FIFA are more subtle now compared to last year so there is less tangling going on which is good.

Looking forward to playing both these games for the next year or so.

Still on the fence this year, not pre-ordered either. May just give it a week or two to see what posts follow the games release on both titles.

Would like to buy both but i can't warrant paying out for two footie titles.

I've purchased PES every year since PES4, only played fifa11 on my xbox360 so I'm quite a novice compared to most on here.

Played both demos and in some areas i prefer pes and some fifa.

Graphics ie faces,kits etc PES Wins
Player movements PES Wins
Game Modes Fifa Wins
Overall realism Fifa Wins
Atmosphere Fifa Wins
Commentary Fifa Wins
Lastability Fifa Wins

Just tried changing the camera settings to tele cam zoom 0, and height 10....it's like a different game completely! Suddenly the game feels and plays very well. How strange?

Yup, I find that exactly. I've been playing tele (as in old school tele cam), 15 height, 13 zoom. The game does oddly feel so much better which shouldn't make any sense. That's my favourite setting but I also like broadcast tele with 19 height and 10 zoom.

i find corner kicks still very rubbish. How do i get my players to make runs? they all stand there doing nothing. also momentum is very much missing in headers.

But that's pretty much my only complain. very good game.

Yeah Corners are pretty lame. They need a lot of improvements. Momentum for headers is a good shout as well.

I think set pieces in general need work, in terms of where the other players position themselves. Goal kicks are the worst, they resemble nothing like a real life goal kick situation.

I find indirect free-kicks from deep central positions awkward too. Most of the time I'd rather just touch it short and play on.

It's also annoying when in FIFA 12 you'd see your tallest defenders in the wall. Has anyone noticed if that is or isn't fixed for 13? I haven't checked.

Tried the FIFA demo again tonight and I think I'm just shit at it.
I can't find any space on the pitch at all. The pitch seems tiny even after spending ages mucking around with cameras. I never seem to get anyone in the box either.

I can't find any space on the pitch at all. The pitch seems tiny even after spending ages mucking around with cameras. I never seem to get anyone in the box either.

How are you finding PES? I'm shit at PES but finding Fifa a bit too easy (with default sliders). Still not sure which I prefer, though!

Have them make runs by creating a custom set piece, doesn't take long and works great, I just have one for each side.

how many can you assign?

And anyone can tell me how to perform on the fly subs or have the CPU automatically perform substitutions for me? i don't like pausing the game.

Still i don't get why with all the money spent of licensed they cant' get real world adboards.

Some cameras make the pitch feel small whereas others like the default broadcast tele cam make the pitch look facking huge - in fact far too big.

I want to like the default broadcast cam, I really do, but for me it just fks the game up for some reason. I feel I have less control and the game plays at 1000mph. Crank it to Tele, zoom 0 and height 10, and it's all gravy. Don't know if it's the big plasma or refresh rates or any of that shit, but I can't understand how a shift in camera angle makes the game a totally different experience.

With tele cam, the game almost feels perfect, just a bit slower needed IMO, on game speed slow.

Going to say something a bit controversial here though guys. Keepers. Okay, their animations and SOME of the saves they pull off are fantastic. But then in a different context when there appears to be no apparent danger, they seem to leave other shots in which I think, man, that really should have been saved. I'm talking near post shots with hard improbable angles. Perhaps it was just an off day for the keepers yesterday in my games.

how many can you assign?

From memory you can have four per side/situation, so four for a left corner, four for a right corner, four for a left freekick and of course four for a right free kick, I don't bother with FK ones personally but one for each corner is useful, I include a layoff man for example as it always takes ages when you press LT? to have someone come short to receive a ball which always brings an AI defender with him anyways.

And anyone can tell me how to perform on the fly subs or have the CPU automatically perform substitutions for me? i don't like pausing the game.

For the first you need Kinect ;) Yeah I'm with you I hate how many menus etc you need to make subs. You can't have the CPU makes subs automatically and to be honest that's definitely not something I'd want either :)

Thanks, feedback is much appreciated! I don't think I'll be needed so much this time around but we'll see how it feels, I definitely like my passes to have a fair bit more zip than the demo had on default :)

Love your sliders settings also. Now, this may be just me but it seem to me when altering the level of runs made by your cpu team mates is not having an effect.. It just seem they do less runs and especially smarter runs when increasing the "run" slider..

Anyone notice this?

Last edited:
Had a good amount of games on PES 2013 last night and while it's certainly a good game, the mechanical nature of it really puts me off. The feeling of being on rails, the animations where you change angle and it snaps to the next direction, it just started to grate on me after a while.

Then I put the FIFA 13 demo on for comparison and it just felt fresh. To me, it felt like a proper game for this generation of games. It didn't feel locked into movements or controls, it was fluid, it was a constant battle and it was great.

I love the tussles for the ball and I actually slowed my game right down and got fouled all over the show by the CPU. Juventus couldn't handle Walcott and he was having his shirt pulled constantly. One occasion I saw him hauled back, he goes sliding on his knees and raises his arms in protest, it looked so realistic :D

There also seems to be more chaos around the box. Due to first touch and so on, shots are flying around the blocks being made so it just looks like a real match at times with the ball spinning off into empty areas of the pitch. As opposed to the games in PES last night where it CONSTANTLY fell to the CPU regardless.

Really looking forward to the full game.

Had a good amount of games on PES 2013 last night and while it's certainly a good game, the mechanical nature of it really puts me off. The feeling of being on rails, the animations where you change angle and it snaps to the next direction, it just started to grate on me after a while.

Then I put the FIFA 13 demo on for comparison and it just felt fresh. To me, it felt like a proper game for this generation of games. It didn't feel locked into movements or controls, it was fluid, it was a constant battle and it was great.

I love the tussles for the ball and I actually slowed my game right down and got fouled all over the show by the CPU. Juventus couldn't handle Walcott and he was having his shirt pulled constantly. One occasion I saw him hauled back, he goes sliding on his knees and raises his arms in protest, it looked so realistic :D

This is quite significant as you were quite staunchly behind PES (and didnt like FIFA much?) previously?

It is so good!

This is quite significant as you were quite staunchly behind PES (and didnt like FIFA much?) previously?

It is so good!

Nope, I loved FIFA last year and played that more than PES 2012. Both good games but I put loads of time into FIFA.

Hmm whilst I will probably be favouring PES this year, there certainly is a favourable FIFA following.

I'm going to try and alter some settings and tactics today to try and get the game to play how I like it in terms of defensive AI. So today I'll be mostly playing FIFA lol. If it can't replicate, or if I can't replicate defensive AI, then it's no good to me I'm afraid no matter how good the other things are.

I may still get the full game. Just so undcided about PES.
I have it coming day but may just send it back.
Keepers are still awful in PES and Im left feeling disapointed.
Also Aquailani is still at LFC and he left in July and thats not good enough.

From memory you can have four per side/situation, so four for a left corner, four for a right corner, four for a left freekick and of course four for a right free kick, I don't bother with FK ones personally but one for each corner is useful, I include a layoff man for example as it always takes ages when you press LT? to have someone come short to receive a ball which always brings an AI defender with him anyways.

For the first you need Kinect ;) Yeah I'm with you I hate how many menus etc you need to make subs. You can't have the CPU makes subs automatically and to be honest that's definitely not something I'd want either :)

damnm i don't have kinet. I actually love the auto subs option in pes, it really feels like i am a player and the coach decides what's best for the team.

Back
Top Bottom