FIFA 13

I got Doumbia from CSKA. Overpaid a bit, I think his Market Value was 18 or 19 mil, I paid 23. He's a great player though, so no regrets. Also signed Sporting's goalie Rui Patrício as Malafeev is getting a bit older now. Also had to really overpay to get him as Sporting didn't want to let go.

You seen any stupid signings like in fifa 12 mate?.

I can't get the ball into the net.. It just doesn't want to go go in.. Scored a free kick, but from open play I've hit the posts, the bar and narrowly missed.. All with Fleetwood though.

Also keeping, my 64 overall keeper was just fucking awful!

It's faster!

It's slower!

It's the same!

You guys :BRMM:

Excellent!

That's kinda driving me nuts too in both here and the PES thread :CONF:

I think people should start stating what platform they're on; PC, PS3, or 360. Possibly even the TV refresh rate plays a part? 120hz, 60hz, etc?

I'm just confused now :II

I plat on Xbox 360 with 'Normal' speed and on World Class and with camera zoomed out to 5 and height at 10. Just like FIFA 12 and Demo.

For me, it's definitely 'slower' than the demo. But with that also comes something I don't like about the game. IT's still early days and I'm getting used to it but one thing I've noticed is, it seems players (ALL of them in general) have been toned down to be more sluggish, slower and less agile.

Even when controlling fast/agile players now, I can't seem to beat defenders and get around tight spaces or BURST into acceleration like I could in Demo and FIFA 12.

I'm not sure why but all the players feel a little more 'unresponsive' and less 'sharp'. Not sure if it's just me but I definitely didn't have this problem in The Demo or in FIFA 12.

I'm not one to use skill moves much at all, but I was a pretty good 'dribbler' and would get past my defenders by changing directions and making quick turns, or using Pace Control around tight spaces, but am finding all that much more difficult now in FIFA 13 full version. It's almost like players are all kinda sluggish and sloppy, a little slow.

But it's still early... maybe I'll get used to it.

p.s. Lami, are you gonna play in the newly added Saudi League? I would have a few matches if it had Arabic commentary! real shame my version doesn't.

On the other hand, there's more commentary languages than previous versions. FIFA 12 only had French and Spanish in addition to English last year for North American version. Now German and Italian are also included. :)

I plat on Xbox 360 with 'Normal' speed and on World Class and with camera zoomed out to 5 and height at 10. Just like FIFA 12 and Demo.

For me, it's definitely 'slower' than the demo. But with that also comes something I don't like about the game. IT's still early days and I'm getting used to it but one thing I've noticed is, it seems players (ALL of them in general) have been toned down to be more sluggish, slower and less agile.

Even when controlling fast/agile players now, I can't seem to beat defenders and get around tight spaces or BURST into acceleration like I could in Demo and FIFA 12.

I'm not sure why but all the players feel a little more 'unresponsive' and less 'sharp'. Not sure if it's just me but I definitely didn't have this problem in The Demo or in FIFA 12.

I'm not one to use skill moves much at all, but I was a pretty good 'dribbler' and would get past my defenders by changing directions and making quick turns, or using Pace Control around tight spaces, but am finding all that much more difficult now in FIFA 13 full version. It's almost like players are all kinda sluggish and sloppy, a little slow.

p.s. Lami, are you gonna play in the newly added Saudi League? I would have a few matches if it had Arabic commentary! real shame my version doesn't.

On the other hand, there's more commentary languages than previous versions. FIFA 12 only had French and Spanish in addition to English last year for North American version. Now German and Italian are also included. :)

Very much agree with that. I thought it was just my PS3, but I guess it's the game that's changed so much from the demo...

Game is faster than the demo in my panasonic 55vt50 plasma tv on my xbox360. Players run, move, turn and pass much quicker than the demo. I am 100% sure! EA what have you done?????

The game is tragicly fast even on slow!!!!!

Game is faster than the demo in my panasonic 55vt50 plasma tv on my xbox360. Players run, move, turn and pass much quicker than the demo. I am 100% sure! EA what have you done?????

The game is tragicly fast even on slow!!!!!

Re: gamespeed, two very extreme opinions on the same platform. Maybe it's the Plasma? :?

I guess I would if the gameplay was slower but if it's as fast as the demo then I'm not quite sure I'm interested atm. Reports are very conflicting :( Would've tried it myself but I don't have that much money to throw around atm. I'm interested in the Arabic commentary for sure though because I like Issam Shawaly. He does it like he's sayin poetry it's fascinating. Fifa 12's wasn't good though, it was very bland and boring and not done properly. Very out of sync. Don't think you'd understand any of that though :P

Last edited:
Some early thoughts:

- gutted that you can no longer use your VP in CM when playing as a manager

- first touch and the AI improvements are gamechangers

- so much more variety now in gameplay

- dribbling overall kinda sucks; contextual complete dribbling happens too often; and LT + RT complete dribbling is kinda gimmicky

- the game plays like one nonstop counter-attack

- FIFA might lack depth but the breadth of its gamemodes is astounding

- still can't stand how players move, feel floaty and light, lack weight, not enough momentum, etc etc etc

- midfield lacks defensive discipline and aggression

- passing is still too sluggish

- lighting is improved but graphics really looking dated now

- FIFA 13 is fun, exciting, but still too fast to allow for the nuances of the sport

Some early thoughts:

- gutted that you can no longer use your VP in CM when playing as a manager

- first touch and the AI improvements are gamechangers

- so much more variety now in gameplay

- dribbling overall kinda sucks; contextual complete dribbling happens too often; and LT + RT complete dribbling is kinda gimmicky

- the game plays like one nonstop counter-attack

- FIFA might lack depth but the breadth of its gamemodes is astounding

- still can't stand how players move, feel floaty and light, lack weight, not enough momentum, etc etc etc

- midfield lacks defensive discipline and aggression

- passing is still too sluggish

- lighting is improved but graphics really looking dated now

- FIFA 13 is fun, exciting, but still too fast to allow for the nuances of the sport

Couldn't have put it any better myself though my impressions are from the demo. I actually agree with everything you've said here apart from the first point obviously (don't have full game yet).

Interested to know which platform this was on though?

Couldn't have put it any better myself though my impressions are from the demo. I actually agree with everything you've said here apart from the first point obviously (don't have full game yet).

Interested to know which platform this was on though?

I'm playing on Xbox.

For what it's worth, the last few years I've owned FIFA for both PS3 and Xbox, and noticed no real difference between the two versions.

What is DM role in FIFA?

I have two DM in my formation 4-2-2-2, but they just watch battles in front of my goal, never support defenders even if:

1- They have high defense work rate
2- They have (Back) arrow toward my goal
3- I set my teams mentality on (ultra defense)

How can I make them to support my defense?

It's far too fast :-( so frustrating! I was really hoping they would tone it down as the demo was too fast

I am on Xbox on a 600hz plasma would this make a difference in game speed?

I'm fucking fuming! I downloaded it overnight and get up this morning and I can't see if anywhere. I go into settings and it says game is incomplete but has downloaded 6.7 GB!!! Absolute joke!

I have played to many times and i have no problems with speed(ps3) BUT i play juve-napoli before 10min and saw "another" game!match faster and terrible!i don't know why than but i hope in full version they fixed!!

I'm fucking fuming! I downloaded it overnight and get up this morning and I can't see if anywhere. I go into settings and it says game is incomplete but has downloaded 6.7 GB!!! Absolute joke!

That's happened with me a few times with GOW2. I re-downloaded it and it just continued where it stopped. It is weird though when you can't find it under your active downloads when it ain't even finished and decided to stop all by itself.

Back
Top Bottom