Fifa 11 Xbox 360/PS3

Re: Fifa 11

I don't like the pic with Cole and Terry covering Nasri.

Terry has decided to help out Cole, but Alex is on the other side of the field not shifting to cover Terry's spot. Now Van Persie just has an easy tap in from a driven cross or a through ball.

Last edited:

Those are three separate things.

The first was about how FIFA 10 has 3 - lean, average, stocky.

The second is about those stupid fixed cutscenes. The people are the right size in the player controlled celebrations.

The third - agreed. Hopefully they ditch the user celebrations, or at least start again from scratch to make it feel less out of place and arcadey.

I guess we'll see what proper game journos have to say tomorrow, and go from there.

Wait..since when were player celebrations mandatory anyway? These things are optional and with a large userbase like FIFA's, they're gonna keep pumping in content that'll appeal to the larger, less hardcore demographic. Nowhere does it say in the game or manual that you HAVE to make Xavi do a moonwalk or brick fall whenever you score a goal. Besides, it's not like the real-life sport is without its goofy celebrations; you just don't see it often. It's getting ridiculous at this point when people mistake having choices as compulsory options.

Ditch it altogether? Hell no. Having an option to turn it off completely? Hell yes.

Anyway, as mentioned before (pretty sure it's been brought up before in this forum)...the cutscenes were all captured/prerecorded with actors and what the game does with the motion captured data is adapt in-game players to those different heights sizes, making them taller/shorter if it has to. Which of course makes for those ridiculous heights, but also the reason why you don't see much polygonal clipping between players unlike that other footie game during celebratory cutscenes...

Looking forward to reading Chris's preview on FSB. Trust him 100% and great that he went to Canada, hopefully he was able to feedback to the developers directly the offline niggles that FIFA 10 has.

I don't think anyone cares about polygonal clipping over Peter Crouch and Jermaine Defoe being different heights.

Also they might be skippable for me, but it's not MY celebrations that annoy me. It's the twat Im playing online who has just cheesed an exploit goal who needs to be stopped.

Hence why I proposed for an option to have it turned off, so you don't have to put up with them even online. You'd think its an just checkbox feature that's easy to implement in the online game settings but it's EA so we'll see....

I don't think that's the right way to go compared to making the player celebrations a lot more plausible and natural looking. I don't mind players celebrating; I just think it was done awfully in the past few FIFAs.

Custom music
net changing
no more ping pong passing
no more easy chip shot goals
10 body styles instead of 3
save goals on console (finally)...

Manager mode news coming later at E3.

Excellent stuff if you ask me!

I am still sceptical, they are making the right noises but Tom who wrote the article has not played the game to give his impressions, just a PR article at the moment.

Big points for me personally are players playing differently which they said they have done but also players not being so two footed all the time.

Taclking that sees the ball as an object to go for rather than an object in the way and if I had my way disable the pressure button altogether.

yeah they really need to fix manager mode at least the player individuality might make it a little bit more interesting

It sounds like Gary Paterson got a lot more decisions to make in FIFA 11 and the result seems to be a more realistic game... not surprised. The more impact he can have on the game, the better. The snake oil salesman Rutter should stick with being the talking head and not the decision maker.

Looking forward to Chris' preview today to see if this personality stuff has the potential to be as good as they make it sound.

Edit: Really like that everyone have different dribbling now with different length on touches. However they could also go one step further and implement my error calculation on every touch too to make it even more realistic ;)

Oh and congratulations to the net freaks, they must feel like they're in heaven.

Last edited:

Well I'm now allowed to say that I went to Canadia back in late April to play FIFA 11.

I'm at work and having to type on my iPhone so I won't be able to get much typed up at all until I'm home, by which time Chris Davies, Glen Cooley etc will steal my thunder...

But, yes, EA do listen. A hell of a lot of the suggestions in my FIFA 11/12/13 thread have been addressed by what has already been released, and there's a lot more on the way in the coming weeks/months. I'm only allowed to talk about a few aspects of the game at this point in time, and remember I did play this game more than 6 weeks ago now! But we'll see how we get on.

Fifa 11

It sounds like Gary Paterson got a lot more decisions to make in FIFA 11 and the result seems to be a more realistic game... not surprised. The more impact he can have on the game, the better. The snake oil salesman Rutter should stick with being the talking head and not the decision maker.

Looking forward to Chris' preview today to see if this personality stuff has the potential to be as good as they make it sound.

Edit: Really like that everyone have different dribbling now with different length on touches. However they could also go one step further and implement my error calculation on every touch too to make it even more realistic ;)

Oh and congratulations to the net freaks, they must feel like they're in heaven.

Oh yes I'm in heaven

Well I'm now allowed to say that I went to Canadia back in late April to play FIFA 11.

I'm at work and having to type on my iPhone so I won't be able to get much typed up at all until I'm home, by which time Chris Davies, Glen Cooley etc will steal my thunder...

But, yes, EA do listen. A hell of a lot of the suggestions in my FIFA 11/12/13 thread have been addressed by what has already been released, and there's a lot more on the way in the coming weeks/months. I'm only allowed to talk about a few aspects of the game at this point in time, and remember I did play this game more than 6 weeks ago now! But we'll see how we get on.

That's great to hear that you went... even greater if you told them to remove the 1 vs 1 lock on the ball ;)

I sent a massive document to EA back in October which is what first got EA's attention, because a lot of it was specifically about personality, realism, passing context, 1v1 ball lock etc. So you can imagine how chuffed I was that EA were addressing pretty much every major concern I had :)

It's been amusing/frustrating reading things like 'EA don't listen' or 'EA won't maker the game more of a sim', knowing what I did and that I couldn't say anything. I'm glad I'm able to spill some beans at last!

Last edited:

Excellent! Well done!

Bet its been a nightmare keeping that under your hat? :)

"AI-controlled players will now attempt to score if they're given the opportunity. Whip the ball into the box and, if they're in the right position, the AI will have a crack at goal for you."

Source: http://www.gamerzines.com/ps3/previews/10-things-need-know-fifa-11.html

Finally! I hope this is the same in defence, because if you happen to not be in control of the player closest to the ball, the AI must help you out here too. If the 1vs1 is fixed I will jump on the hype train, because this with the AI helping you out is something I've been asking for over at the official forums. Really important to make the game more realistic.

I don't think that's the right way to go compared to making the player celebrations a lot more plausible and natural looking. I don't mind players celebrating; I just think it was done awfully in the past few FIFAs.

Are you talking about the level of goofiness? Where do you draw the line though...what with Terry's real-life haircut celebration and Crouch's robot, heh

romagnoli said:
It's been amusing/frustrating reading things like 'EA don't listen' or 'EA won't maker the game more of a sim', knowing what I did and that I couldn't say anything. I'm glad I'm able to spill some beans at last!

*waits impatiently to hear more details* :D

It still is ;)

The pro passing, for those who are still unsure, is very much about bringing assisted passing in line with manual controls. Now the obvious thing there is that there's no point to such a system if you can just max up the power bar and control the ball immaculately as in FIFA 10. Let's just say that isn't going to be an issue.. ;)

"Another request - one that has gone into PES 2011 as well, amusingly - is to customise goal nets. In FIFA 11 you'll be able to customise looseness and shape."

OH MY GOD :D

Last edited:

"From what we have heard so far is that it will be next-gen but not to same standard as FIFA 11 on the consoles will be."

Looks like Pro Evo again for me then. EA are pathetic

Are you talking about the level of goofiness? Where do you draw the line though...what with Terry's real-life haircut celebration and Crouch's robot, heh

One of the things I said to Mike Takla, who came out for a drink with us on the last day, was that I wanted an Adult (as opposed to child) Protection filter - something that removes blue afros and silly gloves, and replaces them with a short back and sides. It should also replace 'the worm' celebrations with a manful wave to the fans.

I don't think that's going to make it in...

Back
Top Bottom