Fifa 11 Xbox 360/PS3

Re: Fifa 11

Can do Phil. Need to blah the tv back.

I am sure I read somewhere that they are sorting out clubs. Can't wait.

rly impressive faces but i waiting only for invididualism and no ping=pong passes info.I think Fifa 09 - 10 has amazing faces models ( much,much better than pes ) but everything destroys very strange eyes what makes as troll look.

The Arsenal faces don't look too good. Bendtner looks like Ben Linus from lost. Almunia looks like he has swollen glands. I think the one that's meant to be Arshavin looks like he has been out on a stag do and they shaved him.

The Chelsea ones look much better though :))

I do like the fact that the faces are less cartoony. Very impressed so far with the stuff I have seen and heard so far.

It's strange how some faces are spot on and some just look a bit off? How does that happen?

Surely they should be able to get all of them spot on?

Although I understand that they will spend less time on some faces rather than others, time is money and all that :))

i think the faces look great.

its ROSS TURNBULL next to anelka. dont know why hes in a players jersey though and not a gk

i think the faces look great.

its ROSS TURNBULL next to anelka. dont know why hes in a players jersey though and not a gk

Spotter's badge for you ;)

ross-turnbull.jpg

Funny - the keeper errors in the world cup reinforce exactly what I was talking about regarding changes I want to see to goalkeepers in FIFA - stats not just changing how far they can save but making actual positional mistakes and/or bobbles... ie the flying missed punch by Paraguay against Italy. Granted, we might not want to see these mistakes as often as we have in the cup so far, but still...

Thought of a few more things romagnoli that I'm hoping you can recommend/let me know if they've changed:

-Are skill moves still perfect? For example, in previous games anyone that could do the elastico or the Ronaldo chop did it perfectly. It would be nice to see mistakes based on dribbling stats, in terms of losing the ball, going in the wrong direction, or the ball going varied distances.

-It would also be nice to see more variance in touch as the player runs with the ball, or when you use the right stick to push the ball - that's not to say only a variance between players, but also a variance as you run with the same player, so it's not automatic.

-First touch, I see from the video this has been improved, but have they improved it for things such as 'good turns'. Too often in current FIFA everyone in the world can do perfect turns with the ball, where this is difficult skill, and the ball should stray from the feet as players try to make this type of turn. Did you notice anything here?

1. That's something I'd like to see too, but it's not in FIFA 11. There will be increased inaccuracy with the rainbow flick, but whether that means more possible outcomes or a much more finicky timing band for you to get the last flick forwards in, I don't know.

2. It would be nice, I agree. I did pass on Gab's (I think it was Gab?) suggestion about inaccuracy in knock-ons and dribbling. It won't be in this year, and I don't know for next year, except that there will apparently be something like sliders implemented next year, so it'd be good if this was one of the slider options. I have reservations about whether this would be as good an idea as it sounds (less reliable dribble touches) but would be interested to try it at least.

3. Didn't notice anything here, or at least it didn't stick in the mind after 7 weeks or so! The first touch attribute dependency wasn't in yet, so, if you mean turning while receiving a pass, then I wouldn't have been able to see it. Turning while dribbling was I think much the same, but the build we played for all but the last hour or so did have dribbling responsiveness issues which made it hard to really gauge what the dribbling was actually like. It was like dribbling in FIFA 09, maybe veering slightly closer to 08, which was a real chore when trying to test out the new tackling coverage business.

The newer build was much more like WC2010 for dribbling. Whether anything fancy was going on beyond that I couldn't say without more game time.

Re: keepers, one thing we suggested was that they have their own physicality, so keepers reach over players and actually interact with them in the way you get with jostling etc. I don't think that's going to happen for a while, as I think keepers would need proper Euphoria engine type stuff for this to work.

Last edited:

@ Roma,

I meant the command when you press the R2 button and the player stops the ball dead, skips over it and faces the opposite direction. Sol did it far too fast when comparing the running-with-ball-dribbling (which looked to have the correct speed/range). I didn't get the impression that they have linked the dribbling stats to that single movement, which I think they should do aswell.

Rutter will be on the scene talking about it (I think), so they'll probably show something. Maybe something that shows personality+ and the passing... probably nothing spectacular.

Back
Top Bottom