Europa League 2011/12

i think that all teams play nearly on the same level. this might get very interesting. :)
i am looking for close matches - and hopefully schalke will reach semi-finals. maybe it's the rebirth of "eurofighters" or "eurofighters 2.0" ;)

Schalke to win this competition. In a final against Bilbao, who played fantastic and deserved to go to next round after eliminating United.

And for City: Money will never score goals or win important titles. "Real" teams will do this.

QuarterFinals

Match 1
52327.png
vs
52268.png

Match 2
57388.png
vs
50125.png

Match 3
50149.png
vs
50102.png

Match 4
50124.png
vs
57488.png

Semifinals

Match 4vs Match 1

Match 3vs Match 2

Finals

Semifinal Winner 1vs Semifinal Winner 2

Don't underestimate AZ.
Lots of good teams still in it.
I hope to see a final between Athletic de Bilbao and Atletico Madrid.

Rooting for AZ and Athletic de Bilbao. There is a small chance I'll go to AZ - Valencia. :) The AZ ground is a 25 minute bike ride away from my house. :)

I'd like to, but it's a bit of a hassle to get tickets. And, the tickets are quite expensive. :P 45 Euros for one ticket was the price vs Udinese.

I see. well best of luck

I'd go, I think it's worth it. :P 45 Euros not too bad and it's not like you go often or Valencia are in town every year.

Don't underestimate AZ.
Lots of good teams still in it.
I hope to see a final between Athletic de Bilbao and Atletico Madrid.

I thought you were a Sporting fan Gerd. :P

Sporting and Bilbao for me. Unfortunately they won't meet in the final so my little dream immediately felt apart. Anyway I'll be happy if one of them progress into the final.

I'm very very pleased that Sporting have beaten Man City. Next time they better bring a more professional approach to the game. No easy wins fellas!

Oh and of course I'm really happy for my dad. Finally Sporting have made him smile. :)

Schalke-Bilbao draw is definitely living up to the expectations by the looks of first half. It was a great 45 minutes of football. And amazing to see that the living legend Raul is still very determined in those big games.

OMFG, what a strike from El Matador !!

And we've even better second half. People not watching this miss many things.

Last edited:
Seriously Europa has been much more exciting than the Champions this season. Once all the teams that don't care get eliminated, it gets exciting.

My Bilbao done it again tonight!!! Brilliant stuff. I'm definitely getting their jersey this year in some moral support for them, they play the game how it should be played, a very exciting team.

Felt 4-2 flattered bilbao a bit but they were ruthless on the attack, raul still proving what a player he is, some great stuff tonight

:SHOCK: ... Biiilbaaao ... Schalke 2-4 Bilbao it's just a great game, worthy of no less than the semi-finals of the Champions League! Once again, congratulations to Athletic, for such kind of team this result is a greatest achievement. Hopefully next week Atletic will not miss their advantage and finally "finish off" Schalke are already at home. I wish them success not only in the following match, but throughout the tournament, I hope this season they will get no less than the final, it's a very classy team, at least judging by the game that they show this season the Europa League. :D

P.S It seems that before the end of the Europa League, I'm a Bilbao's gloryhunter, really liked this "damn" team. :P

Aaahh, gutted with the final scoreline as I think it's a bit unfair to Schalke. No teams deserved to lose this imo. Anyway.. huge credit to both teams for providing one of the finest matches of the season. I'm so looking forward to the second leg already.

Damn, I'm officially joining the Bilbao bandwagon! What a joy to watch this team. I only hope Sporting goes through semi-finals and meet them. Then I'll ask my dad (Sporting fan) if we could go to Alvalade. :P

I was a Barce fan as a boy ever since my dad went to Spain and brought back a jersey. I loved Barce through the Laudrup, Stoichkov, Enrique, Pena, Ronaldo, Figo years as I felt they were coming from a position of being the underdog to Madrid.

Now Barcelona are just too good, and so I started siding with Real recently, but still felt a little bit of a noob, because Madrid have so many star players too.

In Bilbao I think I have found a new love. In Bilbao I shall follow as my Spanish team then lol!

Semifinals

Match 1
50124.png
vs
52268.png

Match 2
50149.png
vs
50125.png

The great European season for Spanish football, they can make the Spanish Final, not only in Europa League but also in the Champions League seems come to Spain, golden age of football. :P

Athletico vs. Athletic in the final. And I will favor Bilbao as I have some old friends living there (and because they eliminated Schalke^^).

And it's not the first time there are 3 Spanish teams in semifinals of Europa/UEFA league!

They've by far dominated Europa League over the past few years. Most wins, most finalists, etc.

Simeone has done a great job of turning Atletico around. But then he has always been a bit of a firefighter in terms of his management.

Bielsa on the other hand builds teams to play attacking football. His philosophy relies on pressing from the front and passing from the back which is why he often plays converted midfielders in defence.

Tiredness as with Argentina in 2002 and Bilbao as the season wears on may prove his and the club's undoing.

Sporting have done well to remove Manchester City along the way and they or Valencia could also win the prize.

Valencia versus Bilbao seems a likely outcome for me.

Stunning performance by Atletico tonight. Among the best ones put this season in European tournaments. Shame they lost the concentration in both injury times and unluckily conceded those two goals from set-pieces that would keep Valencia's hopes alive after all.

And, screw Gomez, Huntelaar, Benzema et cetera! This man is the real deal. :COOL:

http://s7.directupload.net/images/120419/bq8sw25x.swf

Last edited:
Wow these europa-league-games were much more fun to watch than the champions-league-matches, these teams played just faster, more raw and dynamic. Especially Athletico Madrid played awesome.

The big teams in the championsleague play much more tactical, slower and more cautious, in short more boring.

that's down to the away goals rule :P and well, actually the games all cooled down towards the end (all 4 semis).

Back
Top Bottom