Europa League 2011/12

great draw for shamrock rovers, we will sell out the new aviva stadium in dublin for the game against tottenham and have great numbers going to london for the return, also kubin will be a tough game and paok will be a nice place to travel to for the away game

Teams coming from CL:
Seeded:
52919.png
52682.png
2610.png
52268.png

Unseeded:
50064.png
50143.png
52731.png
64388.png

Match 1
50064.png
vs
52919.png

Match 2
50143.png
vs
52682.png

Match 3
53065.png
vs
50125.png

Match 4
50030.png
vs
50102.png

Match 5
53356.png
vs
52268.png

Match 6
82818.png
vs
2610.png

Match 7
52327.png
vs
50074.png

Match 8
52973.png
vs
50124.png

Match 9
50065.png
vs
52818.png

Match 10
64388.png
vs
57388.png

Match 11
52651.png
vs
52165.png

Match 12
52336.png
vs
50157.png

Match 13
51310.png
vs
50130.png

Match 14
52731.png
vs
50062.png

Match 15
57488.png
vs
50043.png

Match 16
50146.png
vs
50149.png

Round of 16

Match 4 - Match 6
Match 16 - Match 1
Match 9 - Match 10
Match 11 - Match 15
Match 5 - Match 14
Match 7 - Match 13
Match 8 - Match 12
Match 2 - Match 3

Last edited:
It's been a while since the Europa League/UEFA Cup has had such a strong lineup of clubs in the knockout stages. Some tasty ties in there.

That was funny Younggun...
Does anybody know why not all teams from the CL are seeded and are the four protected those who had most points...poor Ajax...in an unlikely scenario missing qualification for the knock-out stages of the CL and now playing against Man Utd...I really feel for them.

Because the group winners from the previous round are seeded, so not all of the 3rd place CL teams can be seeded. The ones who dropped through the trapdoor with the most points are seeded.

I agree, if you're not good enough in the Champions League, then that is it, out of Europe full stop. Teams in the knock-out phase don't get the luxury of parachuting into the Europa League for the second-chance saloon. Little wonder why UEFA's second-tier competition is mocked.

this won't happen !!
and i agree totally with gerd, that the issue with 3rd place CL-group teams going into EL is absolutely nonsense. out should be out at all.
therefore the teams in cl earn a lot of money, even when not going into ko-stage. it's just not fair for the teams that played in EL from the beginning.

Anyone watching Man U v Athletic, lol? What a game! Talk about open, very impressed with Bilbao.

EDIT - what a fkin goal from Athletic, lol, what a goal!

Last edited:
I think there's a tipping point at the moment in the order of things in Europe. Whereas the English clubs had the dominance in Europe a little while back, things have changed markedly.

I hope KONAMI reflect the slide of the English sides in PES 2013 and not dish out generic English clubs are awesome across the board.

That third goal for Athletic was hilarious, not so much for the bizarre refereing decision but Fabio's complete brain freeze. What was he doing?

Second goal was quality, like the type of goal we always try to score (and ultimately fail!).

I think Athletic closed a lot of mouths of a lot of people who talked about A Scottish La Liga a while back. The fact that Barcelona and Madrid have the best teams of their history at the same time and have a lot more money than the rest (which needs adressing and is off topic now) is hiding the fact that a lot of Spanish teams are great. Bilbao, Atletico, Valencia and Sevilla, to name a few, can beat any big club in Europe.

I think that Serie A and La Liga are at the same level than the Premier right now. Personally I enjoy them all the same!

I think Athletic closed a lot of mouths of a lot of people who talked about A Scottish La Liga a while back. The fact that Barcelona and Madrid have the best teams of their history at the same time and have a lot more money than the rest (which needs adressing and is off topic now) is hiding the fact that a lot of Spanish teams are great. Bilbao, Atletico, Valencia and Sevilla, to name a few, can beat any big club in Europe.

I think that Serie A and La Liga are at the same level than the Premier right now. Personally I enjoy them all the same!

That's not what our good friends 'the media' think, unfortunately.

Credit to Bilbao, very talented team who have a lot of talent and credit for deserving of the win.

Back
Top Bottom