Euro 2008, who will make it ?

yesssss !!!

2-1 , 2 goals from the simple moscow man, he must to drive to the games on the subway...

today I heard it it arrived on the taxi :)

A dive!!!!?:roll:no way it was a dive!!!for sure it was outside the penalty area but Rooney fouled him!you could even see at his body language he did a big mistake!!
But the real point is:what about the linesman?i mean he's 20 M away from the action and he couldn't even say to the ref that the foul was outside the box!!!!
DISGUSTED!!!

If you look at the challenge closer you will see that there is a arm across the Russian player and that also the Russian player is holding Rooney as well, also he goes down in a delayed fashion. To me that is buying the foul, and certainly and most crucially as you concur it was NOT in the penalty area. The Players has performed a swan dive to try and make it look like it was in the area but it was no where near being in the penalty box.

Mclaren just came on and was interviewed and he said he thought the penalty was a disgrace- my exact choice of words.

We have been ripped off here make no mistake about it!!!

yesssss !!!

2-1 , 2 goals from the simple moscow man, he must to drive to the games on the subway...

Maybe he just dives outside the stadium and the referee appears and points to the penalty box and he just appears there? :-x

Last edited:
Gerrard missed a sitter england would have been 2-nil up then they could afford to give Russia a penalty.
Anyone who blames a ref or linesman for a team losing has no clue about football.
Players give the ref a chance to give penaltys
and Even if a ref gives a penalty it still has to be scored

yeah good point about Gerrard missing an easy chance ,But what's wrong with England ?every time they lead one nil away they start to defend and i mean only DEFEND!!!(i could name you few examples,France,Portugal Euro 2004)Please keep attacking ala Man u or Barca!!

yeah good point about Gerrard missing an easy chance ,But what's wrong with England ?every time they lead one nil away they start to defend and i mean only DEFEND!!!(i could name you few examples,France,Portugal Euro 2004)Please keep attacking ala Man u or Barca!!

Irrelevant.

The whole gave pivots on the penalty.

Even with the other goal scored (it probably wouldn't have been scored without the penalty and the change in momentum) we STILL would be talking about a decent result.

We lose because of a penalty given for a foul OUTSIDE the box.....end of!!!!

vanzandt some KEY FACTS

1) Honest goal by Zyrianov in enlgand 1-1 better then 3-0
2) offside in Roney goal, I looked game on eurosport but had a possibility to see the replays on 1st russian tv, with 3d replays another camers etc
3) and key , national command with this quantity of the great players must play in foorball, and not to stand near its gates 80 min against 11 trees as we with the love call our team :)

If you look at the challenge closer you will see that there is a arm across the Russian player and that also the Russian player is holding Rooney as well, also he goes down in a delayed fashion. To me that is buying the foul, and certainly and most crucially as you concur it was NOT in the penalty area. The Players has performed a swan dive to try and make it look like it was in the area but it was no where near being in the penalty box.

Mclaren just came on and was interviewed and he said he thought the penalty was a disgrace- my exact choice of words.

We have been ripped off here make no mistake about it!!!

Maybe he just dives outside the stadium and the referee appears and points to the penalty box and he just appears there?

You can't just talk like that!!95 % of the refs would have given the foul!the only thing why he can be disgusted it's the foul was not in the Box

@Van But the real question is Can England can afford not to go through a group like that?it's one of the easiest group and now we are moaning about a penalty outside the box or not!!there is little hope but it will be really difficult:(:(

vanzandt some KEY FACTS

1) Honest goal by Zyrianov in enlgand 1-1 better then 3-0
2) offside in Roney goal, I looked game on eurosport but had a possibility to see the replays on 1st russian tv, with 3d replays another camers etc
3) and key , national command with this quantity of the great players must play in foorball, and not to stand near its gates 80 min against 11 trees as we with the love call our team :)

Your deluded.

Rooney was NOT offside and NOT a single person other than you claims that it was a penalty. Are you blind?

Look at where the incident takes place.

If you are telling me that is in the penalty area then you are a fucking moron.

@Van But the real question is Can England can afford not to go through a group like that?it's one of the easiest group and now we are moaning about a penalty outside the box or not!!there is little hope but it will be really difficult:(:(

This is total crap mate sorry but it is.

the fact of the matter is Scotland are leading a group with Italy and France in it, so don't start lecturing about the difficulty of groups.

The absolute KEY FACT here is that we have lost because a penalty was awarded for an offence that is NOT in the penalty area.

If you come back at me on this one mate then you fore go the right to EVER moan about a bad decision against any of your teams EVER in the future.

WE KNOW that the decision cost us the points and has left us in this situation so please do not try to antagonise me in this. If I saw such a decision against Italy or France etc I would not be taking the piss out of Italian or French fans by trying to say that the decision is not the issue.....why?

because it is THE WHOLE FUCKING ISSUE!!!!

Yep, can't have the Scots qualifying if we don't. If we both go through I'll be happy.

England did not deserve to lose today. We went to Moscow infront of a big hostile crowd, on a shitty 3rd world pitch and were comftable for 60mins. Until a penalty was wrongly awarded, and then Robinson parried a tame effort into the path of their striker when it probably easier to catch the thing.

England did not deserve to lose today. We went to Moscow infront of a big hostile crowd, on a shitty 3rd world pitch and were comftable for 60mins. Until a penalty was wrongly awarded, and then Robinson parried a tame effort into the path of their striker when it probably easier to catch the thing.

Wow a voice of truth and reason...spot on mate.

I remember why I like you now even if you are a red :)

I think the Key fact in all of this is the FA appointing a muppet. It could be a blessing in disguise, not make the euro's and McClaren gets the boot, surely thats worth it!

I totally forgot about the game 2day, I was in Uni. How did Robbo do?

I think the Key fact in all of this is the FA appointing a muppet. It could be a blessing in disguise, not make the euro's and McClaren gets the boot, surely thats worth it!

Ahmen to that, I know loads of people will come on here and slate anyone who bemoans England and we should always look on the bright side, but until we get a manager in who plays to our strength's and not just try to counter the oppositions, as well as realise we need to play at a fast momentum and not the way they do on the continent or South America, we're always going to be that team that won something in '66 and keep harping on about it, because we invented the game, but like every other sport we invented that can't be played in a pub, are now crap at... until we win a couple of games again then we are World Cup cert's with the press boys..... come on England remember good old Bobby... :roll:

England's footballers are crap, simple as. If they weren't the Premiership's top teams would be full of English players.

Who's top of the Premiership, a team of foreigners and Walcott, says it all.

England's footballers are crap, simple as. If they weren't the Premiership's top teams would be full of English players.

Who's top of the Premiership, a team of foreigners and Walcott, says it all.

What a muppet you are saying stuff like that.

So what was the reason when Man Utd won the league then?

Or how about Chelsea?

You know given the fact that there is a VERY strong contingent of key players running throughout those sides.

Your the kind of bandwagon slater that jumps on a loss like this with pure hindsight and ZERO tactical understand as to why we are sat staring at a defeat.

The penalty was key. If it was not given then we would have drawn or won and you would not be making these comments.

I am sure a lot of people just love to slate England, it is a past time for many.

Yes there are many things that are not right, but that can be said of a great many teams and sometimes big games hinge on big decisions. So whilst I would prefer England to keep pressing at 1-0 up the same as they do at 0-0 and while I would much prefer to see them play at a higher tempo and many other things.

The bottom line is we lost and are bemoaning a deafeat that could and probably has put us out of the EUROs because of a disgraceful refereeing decision that was horribly wrong!!!

As for what has been mentioned about the stregnth of groups etc.

Funny the way Scotland geta few results, beat France away etc and suddenly it is Scotland are good and not France bad, the same was said of Israel when they got results against France a few years back in the qualifying stage. Everyone said Israel aren't a bad side, the same has been said of Croatia.

England play them though and if we win they are useless tools who can't play as was said of Israel and if we get beat we are a load of shite pre madonas etc (catch 22).

When Brazil can't beat a piss poor Bolivian side because they are playing at crazy altitude no one bats an eye lid.

But Enland play on a plastic wank third world pitch that prevents slick build up play due to horrible high bounces and bobbles and we get ripped on a major decision in a game we were comfortably controling and guess what?

England are shit, they deserved nothing etc etc.

Load of fuckin hindsight, tosh being spoken and loads of bandwagon hopping eager to slate crap talk.

Last edited:
What a muppet you are saying stuff like that.

So what was the reason when Man Utd won the league then?

Or how about Chelsea?

Because those teams relied on mainly foreign players you little prick.

Don't call me a fuckin muppet when I'm making an honest statement where plenty of people would back me up. We weren't knocked out by Russia tonight, we were knocked out by the other piss poor performances in earlier games, so don't bang on about "penalty being the key".

Last edited:
Congrats to Greece, they really deserved that, they played much better than us and they loose more than 4 simple goals. But, their goal was offside but it wont change anything and they deserved 3 points. Good luck in Euro 2008 neighbour.

Because those teams relied on mainly foreign players you little prick.

Man Utd also relied on those players;

G Neville
Rio Ferdinand
Paul Scholes
W Rooney

Scholes Ferdinand, Neville and Rooney, don’t try and tell me that Man Utd could have won the league without those players cause if you are saying that then your talking out your arse.

And Chelsea also rely those players below;

Terry
A Cole
J Cole
Wright-Phillips
F Lampard

Again don’t tell me Chelsea would have won the league without Lampards goals and without Terry at the back, cause again you would be talking out your arse.

Don't call me a fuckin muppet when I'm making an honest statement where plenty of people would back me up.
".

I said it was a muppet statement, I didn’t say you were a muppet but given you are now calling me a little prick why the fuck do you think you can try and tell me what I can or can’t call you?

Back to the football comments..

We weren't knocked out by Russia tonight, we were knocked out by the other piss poor performances in earlier games, so don't bang on about "penalty being the key".
.[/QUOTE]

That is one of those hilarious and equally ludicrously inadequate flawed statements that you get from people who have no logic whatsoever!

If we were knocked out by our earlier performances/results, then maybe you can explain to me how we were NOT knocked out before tonight’s game?

Maybe you can explain how, if we had won or drawn (something we were doing for over 60 minutes) we would have been favourites to go and qualify if we were knocked out by earlier results?

FACT is that penalty changes an acceptable win/draw into a disastrous loss and it was NOT a penalty….how hard is to for you to compute that?

Do NOT tell me that the penalty is NOT key because it makes you look like a total dick, of course it was fucking KEY!

And what were Russia playing on?

Erm are you not aware of the fact that a shite pitch plays into the hands of poorer teams?

I mean that has been a known fact for over 50 years…maybe you missed it.

It is why they always used to say playing away at little ground in the F.A used to even things out a bit and it is why some South American teams have been accused of digging holes in the pitch when they faced other domestic teams of superior skill.

But I guess you know nothing about that do you.

Go on you just sling your toss pot statements with zero insight that are full of hindsight onto the bandwagon. Go on climb up on the bandwagon….I am off to talk to someone who knows the difference between their arsehole and their elbow when it comes to football.

Last edited:
vandatz, typical England fan...

Blame the Ref
Blame the Manager
Blame the Pitch
Blame the Weather
Blame FIFA
Blame UEFA
Blame Cristiano Ronaldo
Blame God

...but never blame the shit players.

Last edited:
vandatz, typical England fan...

Blame the Ref
Blame the Manager
Blame the Pitch
Blame the Weather
Blame FIFA
Blame UEFA
Blame God

...but never blame the shit players.

:lol: sad but true

P.S. you also forgot, blame C.Ronaldo.

Last edited:
@vandatz, Maybe he's just trying to explain to you that the key of England situation it's not only due to the penalty not awarded today,but all the games before!!it's like a championship when during the season you get some bad refs or injuries, but at the end of the day you can't moan about a penalty not awarded or something else cos you had enough chance to be back on the track
who is to blame For England drawing against Macedonia?
and please don't come with me slating England Because any team playing against England i always (and will)support England:)

Scotland spoiled a great chance today!!i don't see them beat Italia ,i think Italia and France now will go through

@vandatz, Maybe he's just trying to explain to you that the key of England situation it's not only due to the penalty not awarded today,but all the games before!!it's like a championship when during the season you get some bad refs or injuries, but at the end of the day you can't moan about a penalty not awarded or something else cos you had enough chance to be back on the track

Couldn't agree more.

Stop moaning about the damn penalty, vandatz. Russia was the better team. Start asking yourself questions why all those great players you mentioned got outplayed against a bunch of mediocre football players (and the best manager the world has ever had).

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more.

Stop moaning about the damn penalty, vandatz. Russia was the better team. Start asking yourself questions why all those great players you mentioned got outplayed against a bunch of mediocre football players (and the best manager the world has ever had).

this is pure ignorance. calling players who you simply don't know bunch of mediocre football players is pathetic...

Couldn't agree more.

Can I have the names of these medicore players please, players that in 2 games have controlled the possesion over the Mighty World Class England :lmao:

These words quoted are prime example of a Casual

Back
Top Bottom